His resting heart rate is above 60

>his resting heart rate is above 60

You don‘t want to live long, right? Why would one want to wear out his most important muscle unnecessarily?

When will heartlets learn?

You're on a board that hate cardio and often shill for high fat diet and deny the potential harm of cholesterol ( le new pop science said it's good haha , le sugar shill ) , do you think people care about their heart health ?

>You don‘t want to live long, right?
Correct

clog poppin at age 70 is the dream.

Age 25, my resting heart rate was 56 on ECG, 52 according to physician and I don't even cardio.

Feels athletic man

Fit bit says 63bpm. But I've noticed that my heart rate will be around 90bpm for a few hours after I exercise vigorously. As in, a 45 minute lifting session, 45 min cardio, and 15min HIIT

My resting bpm was like 120 and active was like 140 and over when I checked last year.
Isn't the whole heart rate a meme?

>tfw heart rate in good or excellent zone but still fat.
This chart must be adjusted for burgers.

>resting heart rate of 120

Just make sure you stay out the sauna

mine goes to about 100-110 after a 2 hour run and then crawls back under 100 after about 20 minutes or so. I know because I often go to donate plasma after my workouts for $$$

When I lay down I get off the scale of my heartrate monitor at 48 bpm.
My only workout is cardio and my dietary cholesterol is basicly nonexistant.

>resting heart rate at 42
>not even on the chart

what does my heart meqn by this?

>resting bpm was like 120 and active was like 140 and over
I only get that high when cycling over 20 km/h or do other equivalently work.

This is an abnormal HR response and you should get it checked out, user. You're HR and respiratory rate are both supposed to follow the intensity of your exercise closely, and it should be coming down almost immediately after you stop working out.

Fuuuuck. Guess I'm scheduling an appointment today.

My heart rate during cardio generally is 140-150bpm. It does drop off when I stop but like I said, resting will be around 90bpm for a few hours. Thanks for the advice though, gonna go see a doctor.

im 30 y/o and mine is at 64 right now.

im on amphetamines though so its gotta be increased somewhat. how young will i die?

Mine is ~50, I don't exercise much at all

What you taking bruh?

You should visit a doctor mate, 120 isn't healthy

dextroamphetamine for like 15 years. my dose hasn't been very high though. between 5-10mg for last few years. maybe 10-15mg a day lately because of work load. 15mg today.

>HR 56
>don't train
You will die.

>Got committed for suicide attempt
>Every morning, nurses take my vitals and weight
>Getting heart rate checked and nurse says wow you must be a runner
>"No"
>A swimmer?
>"Nope"
>Hmm... You ride a bike a lot?
>"Lady I haven't left my bed in three months"
>Next morning, I wake up to some lady putting patches with wire all over my chest
>Turns out I have bradycardia, and I never have to go to the gym again because my heart rate is so slow and so I'm super healthy

Genetics, baby

Why you say that?
The physician (an cardiologist) said I was in damn fine shape. I do not do cardio but I walk about 5km every day and lift 4x week.

>I do not do cardio but I walk about 5km every day and lift 4x week.
That is more cardio than the average american does...

Sub 50 master race reporting in.

You motherfuckers have spooked. My HR has always been around 120. And when i sprint I usually do the highest setting in the treadmill for about one minute. Usually my legs get tired before I even begin to breathe heavy. Sometimes I run really fast but my breath feels normal.

It's around 55 normally

It's funny that you think all that walking doesn't count as cardio.

H-hey guise my resting heart rate is like 27!!!1!! I have everyone beat hahahaha.
Such an idiotic thread

I have 76 bpm, i thought it would be lower.
How do you train your heart? Just jogging? Im doing crossfit 2 or 3 times a week so it has some cardio included.

>Resting heart rate of 63
Fuck I was close

80 is normal

>That is more cardio than the average american does...
Yes, so...

Nah, it's not that walking doesn't count, but 5km barely break a sweat (in a flat landscape). It's in fact the distance I walk coming back from gym.

>resting heart rate is 90

Am i fucked?

Resting 60 is fucking easy, just do 30 min of moderate cardio a day. I'm a fat fuck and my resting heart rate was 60-59 with just riding stationary bike every morning for 10-30 minutes. Now I've crept back up since I switched away from FitBit and started to actually lift and gave away my bike.

>bitching when people talk about heart rate
Yeah, God forbid we discuss a crucial component of our health on a board dedicated to fitness.

Are you truly resting? Try measuring in the morning. 90 is very high. 100+ is considered tachycardia.

Just do aerobic cardio.

me, i fell for the anaerobic meme, just lifted and did HIIT and became fat as fuck. Didn't know what was wrong until I went and got my metabolic rate tested. Turned out my fat burning aerobic metabolism is basically gone. So I just have to bite the bullet and do 1 hour of boring shit every day. Let's see how it works.

Btw, I ate at a deficit, didn't do anything.

>talking about heart rate
>85% of thread is just a dick measuring contest in the matter

I enlightened you all to some real heart fitness. Anything below 80 is normal and unnecessary to even change.

Measured my HR everytime before a long distance run during my marathon training. The lowest I got was 39-40. Now I'm more at 45-48.

48 baby

>resting at 120

Your poor ticker....

>heart rate is 65
>take antipsychotics
>10-15 pounds overweight
>chew tobacco and smoke cigarettes constantly throughout the day

Is there still hope?

Mines 55 and I just woke up. If I’m doing things during the day it can go anywhere from 70-90 and around 100-120 while lifting. I don’t do cardio either but I’d like to, it’s just lifting already takes a lot out of me and last time I tried running my knees were fucked up for a month.

Nope, just kill yourself.

Joke's on you it's 42 for me.

who /tachycardia/ here?

sometimes, often actually, i can feel my heart beat fast

>became fat as fuck
>ate at a deficit
ok

Meh

Tfw obese with high bp and 58 resting so I can only take water pills

I am in 50-60 and all I do is squat 3x5. 185cm 110kg.

mine is at 51, age 26. And doctors make me nervous af so thats probably a little elevated from true resting hr if I had to guess.
Gotta keep that ticker ticking.

What is the definition of athlete here? Like professional athlete or someone who takes their fitness seriously? Because I have runner friends who I wouldn't consider "professional athletes" (they're in the 2hr 50min marathon range) and they all have RHR in the high 40s, low 50s. So I think that graph is a bit too lenient, probably American sample size

This board is dedicated to surpassing normal. Benching a 100lbs is pretty normal for a normal healthy man, and I still push myself to bench more than that. At 70 BPM you're doing 20BPM more per minute than at 50BPM. So that means your heart makes 29 thousands more beats per day than it really should. It's all about efficiency. If proper maintenance can make your care spend less fuel and run better, why wouldn't you want it to? I want my heart to work as much as it needs to but no more than that

>check heart rate
>96
I'm fit, skinny and healthy eating guy how could this happen im resting in my bed right now so it's my resting
Anyone knows how to decrease it? or am I going to die at 25 or something (I'm only 20)

Doctors always taking a second check and miring my heart rate gains feels good.

Also this:

Yeah same, I just measured mine and got 59 and 60. Never do cardio but walk on average 5,5 km per day

>wear out
Oh FFS are you saying that unironically?

>at age 52 (53 in about a month) my RHR, even while I'm recovering from the flu, is still below 60bpm
>at my peak fitness and fully rested RHR will be below 50bpm
>btw am actually an athlete, road cyclist on road racing team
>6'4" 195 pounds, bodyfat below 10%
Feels good to be better off than 99.9% of the rest of my age group. :-)

70 with coffee

I expected worse

>52 year olds on Veeky Forums
How did you end here?

just clocked a 63

i got 110 and im 19