So ive quit eating sugar (except saturday), but I've heard an insulin spike after a workout is good...

so ive quit eating sugar (except saturday), but I've heard an insulin spike after a workout is good. Is a small piece of chocolate after workouts worth it?

are you retarded, dude?
no chocolate is never worth it.
your muscle glycogen storage is depleted after a workout, you are supposed to refill it with real food not with sugar.

>your muscle glycogen storage is depleted after a workout, you are supposed to refill it with real food not with sugar.

pic related

It won't make any difference, just eat a healthy diet and hit your macros.

hate to meme but this is unironically a brainlet tier post

I actually used to stash a bag of smarties in my gym bag because they're straight glucose. maximum spikage

You can buy raw dextrose on amazon thats probably the cheapest option long term. Its sold as a sports supplement

Yes, carbs and whey protein are good after a workout.

No idea about the chocolate

Monitoring this thread for autism potential.

Just eat a big ass bowl of rice. Also why "except saturdays", are you a pregnant woman who absolutely needs her sugary shit and chocolate you weak willed bitch. Do you know how much that made you sound like a woman, you're the reason society is collapsing. Quit sugar you fucking manchild.

After eight is god tier candy

THE BUGEZ eats some raw honey before the protons after heavy lifting. If it works for him, it works for me. If I'm out I'll just eat a pice of fruit

Eat a banana or rice

I've heard of bodybuilders eating Sweet Tarts after a workout to spike insulin. Sweet Tarts are pure maltodextrine or dextrose iirc.

why not just cut out sugar entirely. and all other carbs fatty

>ketomasterrace

>Quitting sugar (except saturday)
Is like saying
>Quttion coke (except saturday)
I mean: Good for you, I guess? Maybe just quit completely you fucking insulin whipped bitch-ass?

Shitty comparison. Chocolate once a week is fine if you eat moderately. But you get mental gains.

chocolate milk is one of the best things you can drink after a workout

There is no (regular) moderate chocolate intake for the previous junkie; trust me.

Can confirm, after about a week with my daily sugar intake staying under 10g (this coming from fruit) my mood is much happier with slight euphoria.

I don't know I used to drink soda and eat chocolate every day, now I only eat something sweat on occasion (out with a gf in a French bakery for example) and don't drink sugary beverages at all, including juices.

chocolate is carbs you brainlet

It's processed trash not food.

>now I only eat something sweat on occasion
Exactly, as I wouldn't call that regular; Once a week is excessive, and doesn't really allow the sugar cravings to fully subside.

because only fatty cut out carbs you retard .

>Is chocolate good after a workout?
>Yes, carbs are good

What the fuck user

chocolate is mostly fat by calories

It's still like 60% carbs, maybe your brainlet doesn't know the difference between simple and complex carbs

Depends on a portion. If you eat 40-50g once a week as a treat - I think it's fine.

depends on the chocolate
I can't tell you if there's any truth to but I've heard that fat significantly slows digestion so most people want to keep their fat intake post workout as low as possible
if it's low fat mostly sugary stuff then it's probably fine, though, low fat chocolate milk is popular for that reason

>Zero dietary fiber
>Just shitty plain sugar
Good look fatfuck

What's your point?

You shouldn't consider chocolate as a good carb source due to all the fat it has .

About the same for dark, more carb for milk

It's just banter and brainlet meme fuel at this point

And sugar isn't a carbohydrate? Go back to school user

I NEVER fucking said it's a good source of complex carbohydrates. I only said it has carbs

You said that chocolate IS carb .

A high fructose intake, especially from sweets and sugary beverages, is associated with high triglycerides, which increase your risk of suffering from cardiovascular diseases and just makes you more fat.

Why is an insulin spike after a workout good?

From 100g, 60g is sugar and sugar is carbohydrate

I should have said mostly carbs my bad

I mean, I suppose. Not everyone works like me, but for me quitting all together attributed towards me completely stop the cravings for anything sweet. Eventually, sweet things became overwhelming.

because it's super anabolic , and the main reason why you consume lots of protein after a workout ,especialy whey , is because whey spike insulin as much as refined sugar .

No shit sherlock, still doesn't make sugar any less of a carbohydrate

This makes it a shitty useless trash you shouldn't eat.

fructose is only shown to have adverse effect in already unealhy fat fuck .
there is a dirrect correlation between fruits intake and overall health , and most fruits actually contains MORE fructose than refined table sugar or the common HFCS used in trash .

Obviously yes, i'm only tell you that chocolate has a bunch of carbs, simple carbohydrates in this case sugar

The question was if chocolate good for you after a workout, not about its composition.

He said "Yes, carbs and whey protein are good after a workout."

Carbs can be the "good" kind and the "bad" kind