Why do people say that cardio is something you should do when you want to lose weight...

Why do people say that cardio is something you should do when you want to lose weight? You will probably lose 100 calories at most by running 30 minutes or whatever. So why do people say it's beneficial?

Its just a fitness myth
Cardio is good for general health

Losing weight is easy

Cutting fat is hard

if you're young cardio is actually easier to lose weight than dieting.

because losing 100 cals means faster weight loss baka

Doesn't it jump up your resting metabolic rate significantly if you frequently do cardio, because your body is repairing?

Weight lifting is better for that.

Cardio, specifically jogging on a hard surface (which is what 99 percent of people think when they talk about cardio) is terrible for joints, especially if you're overweight.

As an user said, cardio is good for cardiovascular health, which is going to be shit in a significantly overweight person.

It aint that beneficial imo. Everyone has told me it will shred more muscle then fat while lifting builds muscle and also shreds fat

Curious... how many cals is burnt in a standard 1hr workout? Say for example a standard SS workout?

100-200ish?

>You will probably lose 100 calories at most by running 30 minutes or whatever.
you must be "running" really fucking slow mate..

Low intensity, long cardio burns directly fats. It's not a only a matter of calories.
Doing HIIT will mostly empty your glycogenic stocks and then burn fat.
Doing low intensity cardio over 30min will use your fat to provide energy (aerobic vs anaerobic)
>pic related

Also weighlifting aint that much better for your joints in the long term i guess

Probably walking

1000cal - 1hour rowing you nignog
Its also critically important for heart health. Ask Zyzz and Pianoman when you get there

>Also weighlifting aint that much better for your joints in the long term i guess

Crossfitfag detected.

Your joints should be fine unless you're doing something wrong.

>crossfitfat
>Veeky Forums
>redditspacing
Explain the thousands of shoulders injuries related to bench pressing for example, even with advanced weightlifters.
The "everything is ok unless you do something wrong is a meme". A small error repeated 1000 times will lead to a injury. You can't do everything perfectly

just stop eating you retards its literally that easy.

intermittent or extended fasting, put the fork down, gg easy.

>You will probably lose 100 calories at most by running 30 minutes
100 calories per mile kiddo

>aborbpees.jpg

WHY AM I LAUGHING ITS NOT FUNNY

>100 kcal per 30 mins of jogging
Nigga what are you talking about? You burn between 900 and 1,100 kcal per hour at 8:00/mi. Not even taking HIIT into consideration. That shit obliterates fat if done correctly. Why do you think traps do cardio on a calorie deficit when transitioning?

>Cardio, specifically jogging on a hard surface (which is what 99 percent of people think when they talk about cardio) is terrible for joints, especially if you're overweight.
Only if you're not running properly and/or have bad running shoes. Other than that, it's a myth and every sports physician can tell you that.

I commited the error of not doing cardio and now my heart rate skyrockets when I get on the elliptical for 3 minutes, and I run out of breath after two sets.

>calorie deficit leads to fat loss
>cardio burns calories

it's 70 calories a mile jogging

people way underestimating how efficient the body is, you can't go by what a treadmill says they are notorious for overshooting the number of calories burned

Im wondering what the best way to train cardio for X task so that one isnt short of breath. Just do that same task? For example, of I am short of breath after 5 flights of stairs. Should I do a shit ton of stairs?

I mostly get short of breath during sex since I last many hours and often do round 2 right away. Trying to train that away and unsure what to do.

Isometric core and leg exercises for endurance?

You probably breathe wrong/afraid to breathe noisily.

How do I last for hours though.

The app on my phone claims I burn around 500 calories every time I run a 5k, which takes me less than 30 minutes. Couple that with a cut and you're on the path for some quick losses.

Controlled Edging since I was 17, I'm 27.

holy shit i thought rich piana dying was a meme referring to that time he said nigger on the internet and got order 66'd - HE'S ACTUALLY DEAD??

Please elaborate, I've heard that the same movement you do to PEE/POO HARDER helps and can be trained.

Do you just edge, stop, edge again, repeat forever?

>You will probably lose 100 calories at most by running 30 minutes or whatever
Closer to 400-500 if you keep a decent pace, but I agree, cardio sucks dick.

Yup