Pretty tired of my acne lads and desperate for some face gains, should I just bite the bullet and get on accutane?

Pretty tired of my acne lads and desperate for some face gains, should I just bite the bullet and get on accutane?

Yes

Best thing I ever did. Imagine never worrying about what your skin looks like again

I have been given some creams by the doctor against acne. It does make it better but it doesn't make it go away, and sometimes I can still break out pretty badly. But as long as I am using this cream, my skin will be too good to get on an accutan treatment.

I want to get on it, but then I would have to stop using my creams and intentionally fuck up my skin.

Have you tried fasting and/or keto?

From a bro who have suffered from acne so bad, and have tried so many extreme things to get rid of it: try Zenmeds Derma Cleanse pills, they're amazing. I have taken them 14 days on, 14 days off and now I'm a week in on my second cycle and they really work. Cleans you up from the inside and leaves you spotless. Only have scars to take care of now.

Don’t they have really shitty side effects?

Sort of

What's the cream called

Duac daily?

Thanks I’ll try it

YES!
I went on Accutane when I was about 16, my only regret is not doing it the moment I began to develop acne scars.

Only thing stopping me is I have a friend a while back who got on it and claimed he got really bad depression from it, as well as the huge catalogue of other potential side effects listed online

My prescription literally starts today for acutane. Just stay hydrated. I talked to my doctor at length about it, and as with most medicines the side effects stem from dehydration. Most people do not stay nearly hydrated enough and skew all kinds of data. If you're a fitizen of any length you should have no problem.

Godspeed user

That's not been proven as causation yet from what I've seen.
So regardless let's assume worst case scenario you do have clinical depression; should you start acutane? Well no because accutsne isn't a depression medicine. However you should be eating well, meditating, lifting, and spending time with good friends as much as possible to combat that problem. All things you need. Except maybe meditation.
So let's say you do all that, still clinically depressed. Flawless diet and etc. Whatever happiness is for you. You've found purpose, chasing your dream, still depressed- try an antidepressant. Short term (less than one year) with a slow taper to prevent dependency despite what any doctor says.

If you have depression or are worried about it before acutane, let's get ahead of the ball. Ya know? Like let's say acutane does have a mechanism of action that directly depletes dopamine or whatever and creates perfect storms for depression- let's beat it to the punchline and be stronger. No one wants acne so look at it like a competition and best it. Come out on top no matter what

i hopped on it a few years back. no suicide attempts, only joint pain and dry skin. also sorta ruined my wrestling career .

Yeah, coming from someone who plays a contact sport the joint pain is a real dealbreaker tbqh

Epiduo is litterally magic.
I dare you to have acne after 3 weeks of daily use.
I'm amazed it's not mentioned more.

Only side effect I had that really annoys me is dry skin. Invest in some face lotion and you'll be ok.
I regret not getting on it sooner. Could've saved me the scarring.

>tfw did accutane but acne is back.. not as bad but still i want clear skin if i had to go through all that bs. Dry skin, dry nose, dry lips, severe anxiety, depression.

Fuck man it’s hard to get a good read on accutane

>Accutane cleared me up for 3 years, but now it's back completely
>Can't go back on it because it's a military DQ while on it and 6 months after treatment

Drink more water, don't touch your face, and change your pillowcase twice a week

Hey man I'm on that too. Fucking love it so far. I used to be on duac daily but stopped using it and went natural to see if they'll go on their own. But after about 3 months just realised it was no use and had to get a new treatment. So by that time my acne was pretty bad so epiduo hasn't gotten rid of them completely but I'm really happy with the progress so far. How'd you deal with the flaky skin? I had it from time to time with duac but with this it's every day almost. I have to put vaseline on every morning but hate going out in it because I don't want people thinking my skins all greasy, so I wash it off as much as I can before I leave

Oh yeah try epiduo before Accutane, accutane fucks up your hormones and gives you chipmunk cheeks and I believe is linked to some forms of cancer, but don't quote me on that last bit.

Also, I know it seems like bs, but I got this meClear light treatment since I had a coupon for it, and while it doesn't prevent acne, if makes it go away faster or stops small spots from getting bigger.

My skin just acclimated. I had redness and dryness the first 2 weeks but then it all hit equilibrium. I've used it daily 7 years now. Acne free and never dry skin. Make sure to use non-cosmogenic moisturizer if u need to use a moisturizer.

7 years and it's still working? That's good to hear. I was worried that after 6 months to a year it would stop having an affect and my skin would adjust to it. Can you still feel it burning sometimes?

Never. But I do remember the tingling sensation I felt the first few weeks.
You'll still get the odd zit here and there but nothing a zit popper won't fix.
Note: if u use a zit popper, only one attempt per zit, per day. If u miss, just cut your losses. Not worth getting a scab via double press.

I would seriously try epi duo first. I was feeling the same as you in the summer but the doctor prescribed me this. You'll have side effects for the first month or so but then they'll start to go and your skin will start to clear up

Okay thanks for the advice

>Could've saved me the scarring.
My sentiments exactly. All the chapped lips and flaky skin for 6 months is worth the lack of cystic acne.

Best wishes.

is accutane the one that as a side effect can cause fucking diabetes? I don't remember which pill it was by a chick I know Got it while taking accutane and no one in her family has it, not even her obese aunt or sister.

Do cardio, drink lots of water, cut out sugar, and change your pillow sheet daily. Don't wash with soap daily, only every 2 days (still wash with water, soap will strip away oil your skin needs, which causes your skin to overproduce oil in response, which can exacerbate acne).

Idk about diabetes but I wouldn't be surprised. It can also affect pregnancy and the ability to get pregnant, either liver/kidney failure as well. Can't remember which one but that's why you have to have monthly blood tests while on it

>wr-

Eric Bugenhagen is that you

Kek

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, just take Vitamin D

Why