Is no one here into actual fitness?

Is no one here into actual fitness?

Running thread

Memebuilders and cucklifters stay out

Just snagged these for $80 from local shop. What you running in?

My god why are most running shoes ugly as sin?

My fav part of marathons is watching all these liberals getting BTFO by African mountain pygmies. Running >5km is ez mode like doing reps >15.

Motivates to run faster so nobody sees them

comfy as fuck, and stylish enough that I can wear them casually as well

Sorry i dont "my shoes are as black as my soul" meme

This has to be it.
The shoes alone are MAKING running gay, and there's no way out of it. There are NO black or discreet running shoes. WTF?

I run in those as well as others. It depends on the conditions or trail. Are you a trailrunner?

I bought these on sale. Im a boy (male) . what is your opinion on them

btfo

>In gym yesterday
>guy heel striking so hard on the treadmill you can feel the floor shake 15 feet away
Fucking christ

Toe runner master race.

Too many textures for my taste but overall looking nice.
When I first wanted to run bought reeboks but they hurt my feet so i had to stop. Now using cheap Decathlon newfeel shoes and they're super comfy, also great summer shoe. I use old pair to run and new for gym.

I like altras but I'm currently wearing through some minimalist Merrells

>boy (male)

What did he mean by this?

Adimeme Ultraboosts. They are actually amazing. For race day I wear Boston boosts

Training for the military, been getting fucked over by shin splints. Any advice?

Run for president

Stressed year, gained some weight so my daily shoes are hoka cliftons. When weight is normal I wear nothing but kinvaras- I horded kinvara 3s , have a closet of em

Just work through them and they eventually go away. Over time the disappear, as long as you regularly train (cold weather sometimes affects me)

5km or less for speed is the only acceptable discipline.

I have been for months. Do you know this from personal experience?

Same, never used a better shoe, they're perfect

I run in a pair of decathlon 10€ shoes, fucking fags and their fancy shoes.

Nike Pegasus 34s

nice

Would raping your DYEL ass count as "actual fitness"?

Complete beginner to running here. I want to be able to run 1.5 miles in less than 10 minutes. What routines should I follow to get there?

>Ctrl f barefoot
>0 results

None of you are going to make it.

Bong, yank or canuck?

I currently run a 1.5 PFA in around 8:37. Theres obviously different methods but this is a good base, assuming you havent run much before or are slow:

Monday:
5k best effort, aiming for sub 22

Tuesday:
Calisthenics or whatever you wanna do that isnt cardio, if im right in assuming military then go push ups, sit ups, pull ups, squats, light deads etc

Wednesday:
800m repeats; run 800, rest a couple minutes, then go again, aiming for 6-8 reps at goal pace, i.e if you want to run a 9 minute 1.5 miler each 800m should be around 3 minutes

Thursday:
Same as tuesday

Friday:
1.5 miles best effort, decent rest then hill reps

Saturday:
Rest

Sunday:
5-8 mile gentle recovery run

If you want to improve speed and already have a good cardio base, work on 400 metre sprints, hill sprints and 'bike runs'; basically 30 minutes gradual decently tough uphill on the bike, 15 minutes gentle downhill and spin off, then immediately out and run 2 miles. I dont know why but the next time you run after one of those sessions you fucking fly.

Not him but i'm aiming for 1.5 miles 9:15, problem is I wanted to gain some mass over these coming months.

Can I actually make gains with all this running?

Was going to add some weight to my backpack desu but worried about fucking my knees

Any running shoe suggestions for someone with wider feet?

Yank. Not joining but my new year's resolution is to have a competitive score on the Navy SEAL PST by the end of the year.

Thanks for the program. I'm focusing on losing the flab so I don't destroy my legs running so once I'm down a bit in weight I'll switch the low impact cardio for running.

Not for fucking running in. Enjoy your injuries.

Seriously get a proper pair of shoes or don't run.

Got similar ones for 80£, did I get ripped off?

Yes, definitely. You will have to eat a bit more though, as if you maintained youd just get naturally more wiry. Im currently 5'10 and around 85kg with not much fat at all so its not like you need to be a twig. Just make sure youre getting protein in and stretching off and foam rolling if youre getting aches, also know when to take a day off as overtraining can really fuck you up.

In terms of running with weight, i do it, but you cant just throw weight in a pack and go thrash pavement. If you want to run, go for a run unweighted. Going on a run with weight, especially on concrete or tarmac, will fuck your knees up.
If you want to ruck/hike/tab, and include some running, thats fine. I normally go out and tab about 8 or so miles when i feel like it, and during that ill probably run about 3-4 miles, but broken up into segments. Ideally you want to run to stretch out your leg muscles and get rid of lactic acid, and its best to run every km or so, depending on the weight, anywhere up to a half mile or a mile depending on how comfortable you are with it.
The main thing is how you pack your bergen; light stuff at the bottom like a pillow or sleeping bag, heavy stuff at the top like water bottles or cans of dog food. Dont use weight plates cus they move, settle awkwardly and can rub your back raw.

Its all about being gradual and not just going out there with 30kg of rocks in a bag, running and getting fucked up. Learn what works for you, try and stay injury free.

Mate the SEAL fitness standards are pretty nails if you actually wanted to be competitive. How much do you currently weigh? I wouldnt advise running if youre carrying a lot of excess weight, go for swimming and cycling.

>Explodingknees.jpg

5K is a bloody pain if you run it hard