Tfw you'll never have a strongman bro who's also your biggest nemesis

>tfw you'll never have a strongman bro who's also your biggest nemesis

I just love the sportsmanship in strongman, just watched the 2017 WSM finals and the guys are just so nice to each other.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y2BhWP1BVq8
youtube.com/watch?v=GfwNyC-_x3A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

link for where to watch?

>family comes over for Christmas
>wsm on the tv
>”wow these guys must be on a lot of steroids!”
>CrossFit games comes on immediately after
>”so this is like the other show but they’re all natural!”

Eddie if you’re reading this, congratulations beast

How is Eddie so much stronger than Brian? I thought having more height allowed for more muscle mass?

its on youtube bruh. you want the spoiler?
youtube.com/watch?v=Y2BhWP1BVq8

They are really close in strength, but Eddie is fucking psychotic.

Eddie is a beast at satic events, but I believe Brian is (usually) a bit better on keg toss and such. Also usually more versatile, but man, Hall did an amazing job in 2017

That's the big difference. Eddie gets fucked with endurance shit like tire flip. Eddie rapes everyone with squat and deadlift though. Nobody can even come close to his deadlift right now.

>that goofy pose during the intro
So cute~

btw the mountain got some ultra-rare virus and half his face is paralyzed for the wsm. feel bad for the guy.

Yeah seems like the location fucked up a lot of the Europeans.

>the guys are just so nice to each other.
Eddie is kind of a dickhead sometimes but it is well known he does it for the cameras. Does it to be "that guy" in the sport and get their viewership up. Watch the netflix doc on him, it was before he won.

Brian and Thor are far better at stuff like the keg toss, loading, tyre flips and grip events. Yoke is quite close and they're all fairly even on stones and pulling.

The look on Brian's face at the end killed me inside.

He knows.

He's old.

more height allows for more muscle mass along with a normal bmi. a 5'5 200 pound manlet can have the same strenght as a 6'0 200 pound lanklet

eddie is the king of static strength
best diddly + best vertical presser in the world

>the guys are just so nice to each other.
Wait till you hear how salty Thor got after the viking press event

Other than that, love the harmony. Moment I loved most was when Best breaks down after 3 reps (also on viking press) and just starts cheering for Thor. Lovely fellas

Except the heavist raw deadlift in the world is by a guy named Benedikt Magnusson

>"raw"
>used a belt

yeah okay pal

Thor gotta be big favourite to finally get the win next year now. He could have even won this year if his technique was better. I think he is stronger than Eddie who of course is finished. And Shaw is getting old and crippled.

Shaw has just begun. Thor’s gotta go through big Z anyway to get the victory.

same

Seriously though why the fuck was this held in Botswana

The prospect of lifting hundreds and thousands of pounds wasnt exciting enough- now there are lions and elephants around as obstacles along with natives juiced up with roofs and aids.

reminder that both did a 500kg attempt with the same amount of gear yet Eddie was the one who actually completed it.

Z is older and more crippled than Shaw. It's going to come down to who can stay the healthiest. My money is on Thor

It would cost a fortune to host in a first world city. I imagine hotels are cheap as peanuts in Botswana. There's not much money in Strongman

>Shaw has just begun

Anyone else think Shaw looked scared as fuck after realizing that he wasn't going to keep up with Eddie and Hafthor?

Thor is kinda sloppy though.
He wants it too bad. It doesn’t seem like he genuinely into it for fun anymore.

Z is a trooper through and through he is older and smaller than most guys but he still throws his hat in the ring to compete.

I think diddies aren't his thing the keg toss might have been a better event for him.

In general he seems to be messing up.
The Viking Press for instance he kept getting warned and they had him stop.

I dunno, his 460kg deadlift was pretty clean, way better than Shaw's at least. I thought he was going to get the 472.5kg but he just couldn't keep going up.

Also has to move the weight farther

His height is actually a benefit in terms of shorter levers in the static movements where he’s all but unbeatable

I just rewatched his events and I can't really strongly say he keeps messing up. Even with the viking press, he only lost a rep and Eddie would've beaten him anyway. He just needs to start taking 1st in more than one event, since those other five 2nd-3rd places are hurting him too much.

don't feel bad too bad youtube.com/watch?v=GfwNyC-_x3A

I was shocked at his performance honestly. I can’t be the only one who’s thought he underperformed compared to previous strongman’s.

Lol you must know that all raw PL allows belts, beltless is dangerous, stupid
Maybe he's improved, but that log press event at the Arnold Classic where no one else could press it and Big Z got up there are did 3 reps was lulz

might be some kind of mental hurdle honestly, could also be where the event was held that heat did a number on all the guys.

When will the Bloatloard finally reveal himself to the world and dominate them all?

Something threw him off. His performance was far better before.

He suffered a partial hamstring tear on the deadlift. Once that happened he was fucked.

Benni and Jerry got fucked on that. I don't think they would have made it regardless but it was total bullshit making them wait more than half an hour for the whole eddie celebration and interview thing to finish before they were allowed to take a crack at 500.

Genetics, and also Eddie has pushed himself to his very limits for this, I think more than anyone else for sure.

The worst part is that he's going to start winning again... Only because Eddie is quitting

If Eddie stayed, and kept pushing himself like he has been lately, Brian would be soon irrelevant. Eddie is the true world's strongest man by far, even if Brian starts winning again once eddie stops competing

Lets be realistic here: The moment WSM starts moving away from being a static-driven Arnolds clone, Eddie would start losing again. He's the strongest guy on static events but being almost as heavy as Shaw and Thor on a shorter, thinner frame means he gets wrecked 90% of the time on moving and throwing events.

Now I'm just disappoint.

What makes you think Eddie is quitting?

> The moment world's strongest man starts moving away from lifting really heavy things, Eddie is done for I tell you!

I understand what you mean though, but Eddie's endurance and performance elsewise can be easily improved, and being good as tosses and the like will never out match being the literal and factual strongest man there.

Also, Eddie hasn't peaked. Shaw and the others are remaining fairly predictable, but Eddie has been making improvements in his strength constantly recently and that's only going to go up.

Eddie can not be stopped except by himself. If he went 100% into this for the next several years you would see unprecedented domination.

He did do the whole retiring thing and start losing weight.

He hasn't retired from Strongman completely and he may well come back, but as of now he's officially done with WSM (and may have burned some bridges on the way out, what with announcing the results right afterwards).

He announced it and has said it multiple times. He isn't competing in strongman anymore.

>tfw i've always loved strongman, even when i was a kid
>always wanted to become a strongman and get my ass beat by Savickas
>end up as a 5'7 manlet with bad deadlift and squat leverages
life isn't fair bros...

This saddens me. I just rewatched the netflix doc on him yesterday. I been rooting for the motherfucker for years. What the fuck is he going to do?

If it makes you feel better my squat is higher than my dl because my torso is so long my dl start position is nearly horizontal.

I'm 6'2 tho. kek.

Fuck off with this. I bet half the countries in Europe would gladly host, donate the equipment, feed, house, and not look like a shit hole for nothing.
There's some real fishy butt fuckery going on to have this be in niggersville

He's said he'll probably still do the Giants Live tour (he may or may not do the Arnolds as well - I'd bet on not so long as the US one remains super focused on being as heavy and static as possible) so that's still an income stream of sorts. He's made some decent money, got some celebrity he's parlayed into opportunities and has a decent job to fall back on if everything goes to shit.

If getting out of WSM is what he needs to do to keep his health and his family, good on him for doing it.

I figure the sponsors he gets for WSM would give him some really decent income. I mean before he was just placing but taking home the crown means you would rake triple I'd think.

Thanks for the info though user. I'm kind of happy for him but kind of bummed too now.

I agree, Eddie's got that mentally retarded block in his brain that won't let him "not". 6 3 winning wsm in 2017? Would have never thought this

5 7, bad leverages? You need to get wider

There's not a huge amount of money in sponsorship from Strongman and the event purses aren't huge. The guys who do well out of the sport usually do so by parlaying it into other opportunities (like Thor and Nathan Jones going into movies), running seminars etc or living in eastern Europe where the prize money goes a hell of a lot further.

It isn't nonexistant. Guys like Shaw and Eddie do make a good living off the hustle plus their prize money even after all the expenses of being a 400lb professional athlete. It just isn't 'win once and retire off the cheque' cash.

i have really short arms and long legs relative to my torso

>tfw loved watching strongman events as a kid
>dad always changed the channel
wtf dad

Probably because everyone knows that you make barely money with that sport and that's why it's mostly about the experience. Those guys all have real jobs outside of the contests so their future doesn't hang on winning the WSM finals.

That manlet will have way more muscle than a lanklet of the same weight. The manlet would destroy him in bench, squat, and dead.

like what jobs do they have? their bodies are so useless outside of strongman that I can't think of anything

That manlet will have way more muscle than a lanklet of the same weight. The manlet would destroy him in bench, squat, and dead.

Your dad is a faggot.

Eddie was a mechanic before. He fixed trucks or some shit. Not sure what he does now.

A lot of them are office workers. Nick Best works for a brewery as a traveling rep. Shaw does online training. Eddie is (or was) a heavy vehicle mechanic. Licis works for his parents. There's others I'm blanking on.

It's about being the best version of yourself rather than the strongest man around. Just keep going.

I'm actually going to Botswana in May. If you want a hotel with first world living standards it's not going to be cheap, I can tell you that.

Zavickas is a councilman/city planner
Mariusz Pudzianowski owned his own truck freight business
I think Derek Poundstone was a fireman?
Hafthor is an actor

Many different jobs because strongman doesn't pay well unless you win/place in WSM or have a cult following.

Many of them coach Strongman as well as just competing, like Adam Bishop is the Harlequin's Strength and Conditioning Coach

your dad is a soyboy

Definitely
Jealous daddy

fuck I'd love Nick Best to win at some point, what a sportsman he was in WSM 2017

money is on Martins Licis, he's a freak

I thought this was a screen from Trailer Park Boys t.ube e honest

I can't wait for Mateusz to train for another 5-10 years and start rolling them all. When the lightest competitor wins the plane pull, you know it's something special.

>t. Mateusz fanboy

Social media is making sponsorship money better, WSM competitors are in much higher demand now that supplement/equipment companies can shill their product with Facebook/insta videos of a pro strongman using it and pulling a plane or some shit.
Especially now that crossfit has put more 'weird' forms of exercise in the spotlight as opposed to just bodybuilding.

I hope so as well, I love it when the lighter competitors do well. The battle between him and Licis will be great in years to come, hopefully Adam Bishop makes the jump as well.

Just wish Radz would stop being injured, I'd love to see him and Eddie fight for the log WR

How come there are no legit manlets in strongman.

There are. There's weight classes and weight class events that have the right to use the WSM name.

But the televised WSM is an openweight contest and that means you're fucked unless you can still be mobile weighing 300+.

It's easier to pack 140kg of bodyweight on a 1.9m frame than a 1.7m frame

40 seconds in and it's already kino.

Have you seen him stand next to regular humans? He is like twice as wide as most people. He looks like a fucking dwarf but is 6'3'' he is just so wide.

I haven't heard any thing from Eddie why is he retiring?

You'd get fucked up on the stones

To spend more time with his family. Also for health reasons. Nothing wrong with him healthwise right now but he has spoken before about how he knows the strongman lifestyle is not good for long term health.

Eddie has been seriously fucking his health. He wants to be around for his wife and kids

>tug of war
>arm wrestling
>ohp playboy bunnies
>midget tossing
I wish they would make the events fun like the 80's again

Mariusz poojanoski was a manlet and he dominated

Eddie is also taking Yellow Bamboo classes.

Mind over matter, my friends.

>6'1"
>manlet
lel
also Mateusz is the next big thing in strongman