So why are protein/fat rich diets hailed as "masculine" when carbohydrates/sugars are THE most anabolic macronutrients...

So why are protein/fat rich diets hailed as "masculine" when carbohydrates/sugars are THE most anabolic macronutrients you can get? For starters, carbohydrate intake actually affects androgen production and IGF-1 production(i.e. the thing that increases protein synthesis)
anabolicmen.com/carbohydrates-testosterone/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/19653818/

>bruh you should eat mostly meat because you're a "soyboy" if you aren't

That's so retarded. Now, some meat is a good idea, and it's important to get some good fats in too, but the large majority of your diet should be primarily carbohydrate based, particularly fruits.

Other urls found in this thread:

health.harvard.edu/newsletter_article/Is_fructose_bad_for_you
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0031938417304328
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

So this chart is true?

A lot of careful marketing and some romanticism of the hunt (which most people don't even do anymore). There are people that call themselves carnivores and compare themselves to wolves or tigers just for going to Safeway and buying sirloin.

Kind of, but it should be mentioned that most primates consume bugs/meat as well, chimpanzees will eat other monkeys too. Also humans have evolved to eat more meat and starches, but fruit should primarily be what we consume.

but even here, where you would expect people to be semi learned on the topic, a lot of people seem to hate carbs.
I just don't get it. Do people think that your body craves carbs for no reason? That the body will do anything to avoid ketosis, even converting amino acids into glucose if a sufficient amount of carbs are not consumed, all for no reason?

Complex carbs are seriously important for people. I saw a study that complex carbs are needed to get glycogen to muscles or something. Don't really remember. But complex carbs do give you good energy.

Carbs are good but fat people consume like 2 pounds of sugar per day and media makes no distinction between simple carbohydrates and complex carbohydrates so all carbohydrates get a social stigma attached to them.

Sugars aren't bad for you, please stop coping. Especially fructose, which doesn't even spike your insulin, and fruits also give you fiber which prevent insulin spikes anyways.

People here watch Joe Rogan, who is in denial of of the risks of dietary saturated fat and cholesterol - cholesterol deniers like this instead shift the blame onto carbohydrates as the cause of most chronic diseases.

Yeah dude's here don't discuss cholesterol. Its becoming a meme that high cholesterol increases testosterone. I mean, this shits getting dangerous. The reality is dudes here have body dysmorphia like an estrogenic girl.

>Saying that animal experiments sre bs since we differ from animals but it's okay to compare us for the sake of pushing vegan faggotry

I think teeth structure would be a good guideline on diet comparing animals. I understand what you mean in terms of internal makeup, but a human's jaw can't chew raw meat like a tiger.
So these guidelines make sense to an extent.

The thing is, internally we process things almost identically to chimpanzees, save for our affinity for starches. High fruit is literally still the ideal diet for most humans.

Recent studies have shown cholesterol sensitivity is largely genetic and sugar contributes to heart disease

No our digestive system is different. Hence why fruitarians look really sick

Nope, you're fucking wrong OP, posting some scientific body that barely helps your point isn't good enough to convince anybody isn't retarded enough to know you're a troll.

>nothing to back this up
Its not different. It is insanely similar. High carbs is ideal for humans, and high fruit is even better.

>estrogenmilkboy
please fuck off
There are countless studies that show the anabolic effects of high carbs, and if you had tried it yourself you would understand. But now, keep eating slabs of bacon while not reaching your full anabolic potential for a meme.
>teehee soyboys xD

Nothing to back this up.

Man, you really are fucking retarded. People who follow a keto/fasting diet don't even drink milk unless it's almond/cashew. Also stop saying anabolic like it means anything when it completely lacks context here.

for me things like that are pretty clear.

if I'm in a low carb diet my sex drive disappear.

just going back to 200g a day and I'm hungry for pussy again.

I rather eat carb and burn it in cardio than walking around not desiring woman.

Jewish meat industry shills.

sounds like a personal problem

keto here, and I cannot control my libido. goddamn this is the 5th time today I've nutted.

retard retardation institute for a more retarded society shill

I miss old Avril :(

More like you're just addicted to masturbation and think you're horny when you're really just bored.

Me too desu
She was such a cutie.

Oy vey goyim, eat your bacon and eggs for breakfast its (((healthy fats))). Then come to me for your diabetes and cholesterol medicine.

Carbs are more anti-catabolic than anabolic. Adding carbs to an adequately sized protein dose has negligible effects on MPS.

This.

keto+omad has given me more energy and sexdrive than before by a noticeable margin, and my lifts have continued to increase despite only eating 1600cals once a day

the food pyramid is a scam pushed by the people whose food group makes up the largest section

breakfast is a scam made up by the cereal industry aka the same people who made the food pyramid

keto+omad will become the norm if humans ever are to evolve (i’m only slightly kidding)

I can smell the sweaty manlet jew posting this.

>why are protein/fat rich diets hailed as "masculine"
Because your palaeolithic forefathers wouldn't stoop to grubbing for roots like bitches if there was a mammoth on the horizon.

>a human's jaw can't chew raw meat like a tiger.

But then we wouldn’t need to. We haven’t consumed raw meat (outside of choice, tender cuts) for well over ten thousand years. Our incisors are perfect for cooked meat.

Lol at actually thinking bullshit like this. You realize that successful hunts were rare, and that traditionally people only ate meat on OCCASION, right? Most of their diet was likely planet based.

Not to mention that you haven't hunted anything without a gun in your entire life, phaggot.

They sure as fuck would avoid something as risky as trying to take down a wooly mammoth if they had ample access to other foods

>Most of their diet was likely planet based.
Specifically, planet Earth

If you're going to go with the biological/evolutionnary explanation, go the full way

Carbs are good when complex
fruits are available 2 or 3 months out of 12, there's a reason no frugivores live in temperate/cold climate
food intake is as much as possible when possible, meaning irregular fasted periods, up to several days/weeks
carbs insulin triggering properties are a good thing when food intake is uncertain, especially when ripe fruits can be found in nature, aka 2-3 months before winter when food is the scarcest
building layers of fat is healthy when food is irregular and life is lived exposed to thermal stress of cold/rain/non-isolated dwelling
"natural" fruits have as much sugar as a carrot, every bright colorful thing you see around you is in effect sugar processing via selective breeding for increased sweetness

tl;dr: most of our biological processes are adapted to a lifestyle which has nothing to do with ours. I'm not a vegan, but I have nothing against veganism or high carb diets, and all-meat diet is retarded, but your rationale is pop-science-tier. Basing our nutrition on our biology while excluding environment is stupid and dangerous.
>there's a reason our body craves refined sugars
>there's a reason being drunk/high feels good
>there's a reason you want to dick other women after a while in a relationship.

Yes, keep eating eggs. Cholesterol and heart disease are genetic!

>call OP pop science
>post Robert Lustig broscience
Fruit is available year-round in the tropics where humans evolved. Fruit is not a particularly fattening food either.

lmao, absolutely ass annihilated dairy fairy in denial.

>Fruit is available year-round in the tropics where humans evolved
I live in Northern Europe, what do? If your answer is to get half your food flown in from the other end of the world, you must be a burger.
>Humans evolved in the tropics
Nice meme. Humans originated in the Rift valley, evolution kept taking place for hundreds of thousands of years after that, up to 3-4% Neanderthal genome in modern humans is widely accepted.There are litteral genetic differences in absorption of sugars, starches, diary and fat from one area of the globe to another, again widely accepted.

>Fruit is not a particularly fattening food either.
of all the foods available in nature, fruit is the most insulin triggering food, aka the one that activates fat storage the most per calorie

>robert lustig
litteraly who?
had to look him up on wikipedia, is overweight, dropped

I rest my case, you rely on some artificial construct of biology without taking in account the effects of environment on said biology.

I thought you were making an evolution argument. You can buy fruits year round in north Europe too. We pick fruit in season and store it frozen as well.

>of all the foods available in nature, fruit is the most insulin triggering food
Show study
>aka the one that activates fat storage the most per calorie
Non sequitur

The brain functions more efficiently when it's using ketone bodies for fuel. Please do more research and not rely on a .dot site and a study on rats before making a stupid thread like this.

Post study

>His lift increase on a 1,6K diet without carbs ;
From 120 lbs to 130 lbs bench , the ketomad revolution .

It literally does not. You got that from a youtube video jackass.

Considering food/food sources masculine or feminine is a hallmark of being insecure in your own gender.

I think that op is a faggot who wants to date Avril Lavigne.

prime Avril was the supreme cutie.

ketosis is real though and not a meme, and has nothing to do with masculinity

>soyboy bugmen the thread

It literally is
Your body produces cholesterol in relationship to how much cholesterol yku eat.
I.e. even if you don't eat eggs, your body will produce cholesterol
I'm not a no carb faggot, I eat a balanced diet, and that includes 4 eggs a day
I get a medical check up every month and I'm healthy and happy

What's your cholesterol?

Consider that is not only "genome". It's the so called ancestral dna
You have 50% of ancestral dna in common with your dad and 50% with your mom.
This means you have as much in common to a nehanderthal as you have in common to your grandfather's grandfather

Our ancestors evolved in different environments. We aren't all made to have the same diet. Eat whatever feels right. There are so many meme studies now that contradict each other, its hard to trust any one in particular. Just trust your gut

Humans are the only species that cook their food, and the consumption of cooked meat is part of the reason we evolved bigger brains and smaller teeth.

Fuck oath. Whats the point of big teeth and claws if you have fire and weapons

It is natural to eat meat and to crave it. We have evolved as an omnivorous species to eat all sorts of things to maximize our survival. This is in line with many other generalist traits we evolved (such as our dentition) which helped us maximize reproduction within a dangerous and often changing environment. However, we never had any biological requirement to include meat as part of our diet, and certainly less so in contemporary times with modern knowledge about nutrition.

They weren't as low test as you. All the grills will be mirin your mammoth killing skills.

I dont think ive ever craved meat (no homo)

”This.”

>Fructose doesn't spike insulin

>Especially fructose, which doesn't even spike your insulin

>A new day on Veeky Forums! How do I get my nut off today?
>..Hey, I know! I'll convince these retarded primates to get fat and diabetes! HAHA that'll do the trick! But how?
>Ah, I know, I'll convince them that eating a bunch of carbs and sugar raises testosterone! Pure genius!
>My cock is getting hard just thinking about it! All those fatties that *I* am going to be responsible for!

health.harvard.edu/newsletter_article/Is_fructose_bad_for_you
HOLY FUCK
Google "Fructose doesn't spike insulin"
There's a letter from fucking Harvard about it
I hate new year fags

Carbs/sugars are for plebs

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0031938417304328

Got a version that isn’t behind a paywall?

Yeah I'm eating 55/25/20 carbs/protein/fat right now on my bulk at 3700 cals, tough to eat 500~g carbs a day (no candy or shit carbs) but the gains are amazing.

Guarantee I lift more than both of you.

Post body

>sugar causes diabetes

Behind on the times, aren't you?

Bump