25+ Thread

How are you making it, older fags of Veeky Forums?

>28, coasting through uni on GI Bill
>Clearly playing catching up post-service but it's EZ mode
>Get mires from teens but too old to need that high-school validation
>Working on my lifts for the first time consistently, may even get Veeky Forums
>35 y/o fem pal of mine just fucked up a payment big time and called me in tears
>tfw feel secure and finally have my shit together and can feel past this childish shit finally

payment for what?

i'm playing catch up big time as well. working full time, doing college part-time. making gains, living in stress lol. trying super hard though!

I'm glad you're happy brah

Thinking of joining the air force when I graduate college to get the gi bill to pay for masters. Will be 25 at the time. Good idea or no?

She had a uni loan payment she fucked up and bounced on, she'll be fine, but it's a baby-tier move. Feels good to be past all that.

Thanks, user. Feels good to be on the end of a long-overdue payoff. Veeky Forums related, been an active runner (5-10K) but lifting now and really seeing some begininner's gains that are really pushing me forward.

At 25 it's worth considering the value of 4 years of your time. It's much longer than you realize, and so much longer than the high school development zone. Beyond that, some companies will help you pay for Master's too if it's in a appropriate field. Good luck regardless user.

27, have a baby on the way, graduating with my bachelors in may, finally squatted 300 pounds on tuesday.. were all gonna make it brahs

>28
>loving my job at the moment
>about to move out of buttfuck nowhere New Mexico to vegas
>getting payed double what any of my uni friends are earning
>know that the work hours are going to slowly kill me
>miss England
It's a mixed bag desu

Grew up in NM, user. You with Sandia Labs? State may be flat nothing and barrios, but you're gonna miss that food.

>29
>home owner
>wonderful dog
>"good" job but ultimately unfulfilling
>no friends
>tried online dating but my matches were below my standards

Now I'm just trying to get fit so I can meet some thots who aren't physically disgusting.

No, I'm in some shitty town near the Texan border, only fast food here even the 2 Mexican places are awful

Shit user, at least you're moving into a new scene. Don't forget your lifts.

Online dating is already a thot collection service, there isn't a bigger meme than using the kiddo market and expecting adults, stop lowering your standards, user.

24 and just now starting to have a schedule, getting up at the right time and cutting down procrastination.

I feel like I'm just now starting to get shit down the way I was supposed to.

Turned 30 a few months ago. Married, baby on the way. Good job- I'm smarter than all the kids out of college and still have their energy for a few years so I am loved by all at my company.

I lift more consistently than any other time in my life, been fit for 2 years now and finally getting some respect at the gym.

Really really happy. Glad that I am out of the loop on most things, and I don't care. I have no one to impress but myself. I love being 30. Going to bed early, feeling calm, and noticing some positive effects of adult responsibility, like increased concentration and self-control.

I feel so bad for my friends that are still in their party stage. It was never worth it.

Sorry kind of turned unrelated. Look forward to getting older fellas.

OP here, been dropping thots and grills off just by virtue of hitting a certain age, no nofap or meme necessary. Feels good to reach a point to feel over the petty things and finding a kind of comfort in routine and patience. Have a pal in his 30's who moved back in with his family after a long string of unfortunate circumstances and missed opportunities. For all the anons getting ready to post >25+ and still NEET, ect, we can all make it, on our own paths. Look forward instead of what you've missed on, it only gets /comfier/ from here on.

Dood are you me? It's wonderful isn't it?

Any advice? I'm about to graduate with a shit criminal justice degree

Should i apply to the military or police? Also what job you do in the military and any good or bad experiences you have to share

I turn 25 on the 29th.. Maybe next time you sad old farts

I fly planes and it's fun, but there's a lot of other cool jobs too, the whole field of ISR is pretty interesting.
Also I'm not American so I can't help you with anything USA military specific

I have some friends that are at home in their 30s too... but it doesn't matter like you said, who cares, who cares about the petty things. We are all going to make it whether we are still at home with parents until 45 or if we were kicked out at 16. We are all gonna find our own path and get swoll along the way.

>stop lowering your standards, user.
I don't want to die alone with only 2d to comfort me.

>19

what up old man

>dad at 27

not gonna make it

Infinitely better than being a dad at 40 for the first time.

>24

Its honestly a good age. You got a house and partner/fiance/wife? Thats a big deal.

Good on ya brother, 28 too, just finished my degree in accounting. Got ~16 months of GI Bill left so I'm searching for graduate programs that work for me, while also trying to move to a more /k/--/out/ friendly state. Got an appointment with the VA later this month to hopefully hop on TRT.

Waiting until I move down south to start searching for a good girl to settle down with. But everything is going pretty good. We're all gonna make it!

>tfw 25 in a week

That’s how I am user, just had a kid in March last year (first one) and getting school situated. Finally got myself on a routine and saw a dr to find out I have ADHD. Dropping acid last year really made me realize how all over the place I was.

I did 8 years, had been e-5 for over 3 of those and still decided I couldn't do 20. Now going to school at 27 full time. I'd never join as enlisted with a bachelor's already under my belt. It would be a waste of your time.

>tfw shit at everything in life so my plan was to just join the army
>vision worsens and go 70% blind in my right eye so I cant aim a gun

are you allowed to wear contacts/glasses in the army or should i just kill myself?

I did papershit in the Navy, but was old enough joining to treat it as a job and stood out as a hard worker opposed to the teens floundering out of high school. Do it if you're up to it, but don't expect anything other than the benefits at the end if you don't make the most of your time. It will set you back. This user is right. They have the Forever GI Bill now, went undisclosed but there's no limit to the game now. Get it, m8.

Police pays better in the short term and will sustain you. If you just want a chill job go armed security guard.

>I don't want to die alone with only 2d to comfort me.
>wanting 3d
I M P U R E
>I unironically worry about this every single day as well and given my level of social skills im pretty sure i will die alone and childless and it makes me want to kill myself lol :^)

So, literally evolution?

If you actually decide to join, go officer.

t. enlisted

>just hit 25 a few days back
>tfw job as a software engineer is well scheduled
>job is way less stressful than college
>can actually follow through with what I want
>now getting Veeky Forums
>went from 224 to 170 lb last year
>have some muscle definition
>actually enjoying life instead of suffering in college

I wish I had gotten my shit together in college. but I probably could have never done this shit with how college courses are spread out as fuck and homework/exams kill me with stress.

i have that screencap

and yes, pretty much

Grew up in ABQ. Living in Canada now. I miss New Mexican food. Still, I wouldn't go back.

Grew up in Vegas. Good that things are looking up, but don't commit hard to Vegas. Great place to visit and decent place to work, but an awful place to live. I moved three years ago and I'll never look back.

>They have the Forever GI Bill now
I got out ~5 years ago, not eligible for it.

I would of course try for an officer spot and try to spend as little time as possible away from home. Not to say I wouldn't work hard. Just wishing to spend my time wisely.

>college courses are spread out as fuck

Even after being in the military, going to school later in life the way the courses are scheduled piss me the fuck off. Especially since I try to work part time while going to school. Like I'll have classes that are part of my program that are ONLY on tuesdays/thursdays at 6 pm. That's the only time, like what the fuck. Last semester my schedule was so fucked that on mondays/wednesdays I had a class/lab from 9am-11am, then nothing until 4:30pm. Keep in mind I don't live on campus or anything so it's not like I can just walk back to my dorm room.

I'm not certain on the time frame, but even before the forever gi bil didn't you have like 15 years or some shit? or 10?

What is your degree in?

>27
>3rd year CS in uni
>188cm/76kg, up from ~70 in 9 months
>doing yoga/bjj alongside calisthenics
>strenght has got up but cardio suffered
>usually do yoga 3x/week, strenght training 3x/week and bjj 1-2x/week depending on school/work
>work every other weekend or so
>mostly happy with my life atm
>only downside is no pussy since i stopped going to bars(nightclub w/e it's called) so often
>last time I got laid was summer 2016
>thinking of installing tinder even though I hate social media
>average face, decent body nude but still look like a lanklet with clothes
>no good pics since I don't use social media
>wat do

>>wat do

hang out with me and teach me how to get laid

That because most college are designed for kids that live on campus. Some colleges have programs tailored to working adults though.

yeah 15 years, got some time left but I didn't take advantage of internships while doing my degree so my resume is shit for accounting jobs. Gonna go back to get a masters while I'm still in school mode and relatively young, get an advanced degree and internship experience to boot.

Women are literally everywhere not just bars. At the food store you see a woman you like, smile at her, if she smiles back approach and have a conversation, get them digits, and break your dry slump.

>another wealthy genius software engineer on fit

crazy how common this is on here

>26 years old (turned a month ago)
>basically every single "quality" you can think of that would make someone a loser, I would fit each one, I guarantee it

I feel the worst for my parents. Them having to end up with me as their only child. I mean they weren't the best parents, but no parent deserves to have any child like me, let alone as their only one. If they would have known I'd end up like this, I would have hoped they would have aborted me so I didn't have to live.

>people who wasted their youth on Veeky Forums took an autistic meme computer job now that they're adults
this isnt really hard to believe

>tfw currently getting bachelors degree in computer science

>first half of last year monday I had class from 9-10 and thats it
>wednesday I had class from 9-10 then from 4-5

>last half of last year had no class on wednesday then on thursday class from 9am - 8pm

what the actual fuck

Are you from the us? From my only visit there small talk seems to be a lot more common than where I live. (Northern eu.) Talking to random ppl on the street is considered weird/rude, you will be assumed to be either asking for directions, selling something or being a creep. I know these assumptions can be overcome, but I'm just trying to min/max my time spent for pussy. I understand the irony here considering my dry spell, but desu I have spent 0 effort to get some. The winter holidays are ending soon and I won't have a lot of free time again soon. I have heard mixed messages from tinder here. My 9/10 friend gets obviously pussy on demand, but my average looking friend with similar lankletism has also had moderate success getting laid. The average looking friend has reported most of the girls being crazy bitches (not in a good way), but I'm not looking for a relationship so idc.

wtf that's not even what I said

>25
>4k+ debt
>2 maxed credit cards that I have only been paying the minimum for the past 2 years and the interest matches the minimum payment so zero progress on paying them off
>only earning £0.25 above minimum wage despite two promotions in a pointless job
>literally started drinking off-brand coke instead of water because it's cheaper than water (water from my tap is undrinkable and tastes of pennies)
>couple years ago I was at a point where I was wearing shoes that had duct tape inside them to hold a big hole in the fabric shut because I couldn't afford new shoes at the time
>had to wear them like that for 6 months, walking slowly so they don't rip until I could afford new ones
>knowing this isn't even rock bottom so I am likely to experience much worse if I don't somehow get more money quickly
>borrowed £20 from a coworker so I can afford the commute to work until pay-day next friday
>£70 unplanned overdraft on current account
>missed this months minimum payment on one of the credit cards this month and can't pay til next week
>also missed gym membership direct debit
>also missed broadband bill
>also missed loan repayment
>next month I need to pay this month and the next months bills, plus the late fees with the same amount of money that wasn't enough this month
>continually applying for better paid jobs but not even getting interviews because I'm only qualified for low-wage basic shit
>horrendous hemorrhoids that bleed every day
>vision gone to shit
>never took driving lessons and probably will never be able to afford it
>constantly spending money on public transport to get to/from work
>can't walk it because it's 14 miles and rains almost every day
>don't even own a jacket or any water proof clothing
>been threatened with being fired for turning up to work drenched from the rain once when I tried to walk it
>planning on walking it most days when summer comes around if I survive til then
>wishing every day that I find a wallet on the floor

>Are you from the us?
My reaction image wasn't obvious enough?

So if small talk is rude or creepy how did yuropeeins get together and make babies before the advent of Tinder? How do you ever meet new people if you can't small talk?

>tfw 25 in 2 months
Hold me bros

>32
>Just got an amazing house
>Just got engaged to long time GF
>Been making more money each year
>Very productive in all aspects of life
>More friends than ever as well
>Lifting more than ever (1/2/3/4 for 5 reps @ 160 lbs)

need to get back on my feet financially after a large house down payment, furniture, appliances, wedding ring, and borrowing money- but I'm getting $2200/mo from roommates and lots of side work apart from my regular job so I hope to be back soon.

Overall life is good. I really learned the value of 'you get out what you put in' pretty much in the last year or 2, and it's been huge for me.

Your money is in pounds but your travel distance in miles?

So what do you spend your money on? Obviously not gym, debt, bills, or loans...You make £7.75/hr assuming 40 hours/week, you earm ~1240/month. Where does it all go? Perhaps you need to take take stock of your spending habits?

I'm 26 and out of the military as well and in college kind of on the gi bill as well.

I'm anorexic again and I just got kicked out of my major, probably going to get kicked out of school after this semester.

Also

>seeing statuses on facebook by random 17 year old kids saying they passed their driving test and got a new car
>wondering HOW THE FUCK I can catch up to all these kids getting everything handed to them then magically going to uni and having it all paid for them
>tfw jealousy is seen as a bad trait instead of a logical response to shit being ridiculously unfair
>tfw only reason I'm still alive is because I still enjoy watching tv and shit like that

Life is not fair. Your jealousy is grounded in reality. Question is.... What are you gonna do about it faggit

What is your bf percentage. How tall are you? How is your facial aesthetic and the condition of your hair/skin?

Yeah, everyone from here talks in miles despite them teaching kilometres in school. Kinda weird.

I basically spend the majority of my money on rent, bills, debt and late payment and returned direct debit fees. It amounts to almost my entire wage... I DID NOT get a good interest rate on my loans due to the low credit rating.. it's pretty horrendous lol.

The cycle of paying all these fees (most months of the year) etc started a few years ago when I had to help financially support my ex GFs parents who were in a lot more debt than I was (at the time). Looking back at it I was manipulated into it but I didn't know.

After that ended I developed a pretty bad drinking problem which ended up costing a lot of money too. But I've not had a drop of alcohol for almost a full year now.

It's bad brah :(

>beta manipulated out of his precious money
How bad was the sex famalam?

Talking to ppl in events, hobbies, bars. Most of the couples in ltr's who I know of have met in school/student gatherings/parties. For me, talking to random ppl in bars has been the only way I can get some outside of a few exceptions. I'm not good looking enough to get approached so I'm doing the work, which is understandable. Student gatherings are meh for me. CS students are mostly autists and it's the only major in our uni that has more males than females. And the females aren't most even average looking. Due to this the few actually decent looking ones have ridiculous egos.

Not sure. What do you suggest I do that costs zero money that isn't just acquiring a job nobody in their right mind would give me?

I've legit considered cam whoring myself and just wearing a balaclava to hide my identity but I'm not sure if I'd be able to keep it up knowing gay guys are watching me

If you go back a few posts you'd see I'm 188cm/76kg. I got bf measured few months back at 73kg, was 11% then. Prolly same atm. Face is average, I have a good full beard trimmed to ~1cm, but I shaved my head due to thinning hair 6 months ago. Skin is good.

>25
>just got first full time job lmao
>making 1500 a month after tax, trying to finish up my student loans before I hit 30, definitely doable
>been with gf since 17
>trying to lift more consistently
>getting cardio every day since August

What do you have to lose going and talking to a random chick? Best case scenario you get laid, worst case scenario some random thot thinks you're a creep...who gives a fuck.

Curious what country you are from? You said north eu, is this no small talk thing primarily in your country or a european thing?

If you stats are true you would be an attractive option for women to chase. The only way you could repel them is if you have serious behavioural issues. Or real fucked up posture.

You are fucking retarded. Thots have a wide social circle. Approach a dozen Thots awkwardly and soon enough your entire town will know about the desperate retard pestering women around town

Turned 25 here. I'm good as fuck. Made $250k this year on crypto, have a great job making me $60k a year sitting in an office, finishing up my master's degree, no debt, got on a new split routine, about to buy my first house...

All this, but still tfw no gf of course. Just checking in lads, we're all gonna make it.

The point isn't to be a desperate retard pestering women. It's to make small talk with a stranger and try to hit it off. You better not be the same british twat i've been talking to this whole time, if so, you said you had no problem talking to random people at the bar...talk to random people at the mall or restaurant.

Thots get hit on all day every day, unless you go full blown autistic and start sniffing her chair(and you are in fact a loser) she will forget about you as soon as you walk away. IDK how low your self esteem is but bitches don't sit around talking about every guy that tried talking to them that is apart of their everyday life.

i was talking about myself m8

>inb4 greentext is only used to quote

Fuck me lad your situation sounds dire, If you're barely living go talk to one of those free debt solictors, you can pay next to nothing if you say the right thing. my mum was a fuckton in debt and was barely working min wage like you and paid something like £3 a month on 15,000 quid worth of debt.

>I do not know a goddamn thing about social dynamics : the post
Youre head is so far up your ass my friend I doubt you will ever see the light. If I can give you some friendly advice. Read a book. Females are cloak and dagger. You do not even know the danger of the web spun around you. You do not even know their is a web. But goodluck getting what you want with your restricted worldview. Me and the girls will happily laugh about your ignorance once your back is turned.

>talking to random slags on the street
>not autistic
retard yank

literally just move to a 3rd world country

Wow really? I've been refreshing this page every minute hoping to see some advice.

I hope this is possible for me too. Thank you user.

>Females are cloak and dagger.

neckbeard fedora: the post

holy shit I was expecting you to teleport behind me with your katana, lmao have you ever had a conversation with a female that wasn't related to you?

Women our generation are already so fucking spoiled because every time the go out in public they have a queue of guys approaching them.
I simply don't feel like contributing to this issue.

In the gym for example - literally witness it every time I am there, guys all ages constantly engaging in "interesting" talks with the female trainers. It's really weird to watch.
I only talk to them when they come up to me and initiate the conversation. Than I am perfectly fine to have a nice little conversation, ask them how their uni stuff is working out, some injuries that I know off, etc.

But always going out of your way to approach and initiate a conversation with some female solely because she is female and attractive? Nah man.

What's so much better about being an officer in the military? Obviously you're calling the shots and stuff, but other than that.

Can your yurotrash brain even comprehend how illogical your statement is? Talking to random people makes you autistic...Autistic people are known for not being able to hold eye contact let alone conversations with people.

Fuck you are stupid. Allah and his crusaders can't save your shithole soon enough.

In the marines a brand new officer O-1 makes more money than a gunny E-7 even though the gunny has probably been in the marines for a decade. It just goes up from there.

What the fuck that sounds rough. Are you a chicken or a dude? Branch?

You're also not going to get shit on by NCOs, although they will still hate you

You are confusing thirsty losers with just having a conversation with a woman. But whatever if talking to a woman is too much work there is no hope for you. Enjoy wizard status.

I am calling out people who go out of their way simply to talk to females around them. Which is exactly what you are proposing.

>wizard status
I had plenty of sex, sorry.

I'm this guy. From Finland, not Britain. I'm not shy, I have in fact got numbers from cafes and streets. (No stores tho.) The success rate after the initial discussion just seems low. From about 7-10 numbers, I've seen 2 girls afterwards, 0 of which I fucked. These haven't been situations where I initially approached a person with the idea of getting her number, a conversation ensued and I capitalised on the situation. I don't think height is as important here as it might be in the us. The friends that get approached most have cute/hot faces and are anywhere between 5'10-6'1. I'm suspecting I still look too skinny with clothes on. I got 10/10 posture, but my face is painfully average. Not good, not bad, just average.

its hard for euros to talk to people on the street when half of them only speak arabic lul

that map makes the world look like a cool, fun, nice place to live in
pretty dishonest T B H famalam

>tfw Uusi Seelanti

26 in 2 weeks.
>started lifting twice for 3 months each when I was 19 and 22, stopped due to injury both times (unrelated to lifting)
>finally decide to get my ass to the gym again
>start mid-September
>watch my diet for the first time
>first cheat day after 4 weeks, and only every 2 weeks after, mentally strong enough to go through with it
>missed 2 workouts so far; one because I went rock climbing instead and one because out of town on Christmas
>started at 25 kg OHP / 40 kg bench / 60 kg squat / 80 kg diddly (for 5)
>now at 40/55/95/105 entering teal man mode
>couldn't do a single pullup starting, now 6
>could only do 15 pushups in a row, now 35
>first thing cousin says when she sees me after months is if I do sports because my traps have grown
>sister and mom blank stare when I flex a 'cep
>dad literally told me he's proud I'm getting into shape
>ex said I deserve someone better than her when I saw her 2 years after breakup (you're goddamn right, bitch)
>getting Masters degree in engineering with ~ 1.5 average (1.0 is best, 4.0 is barely passed)
>lining up well-paying job that might get me tenure as civil servant within 1.5 years (can't get fired)
>already enough money for good food and clothes instead of cheap shit
>know that shedding weight is ez now
Slowly making it guys. Going to start cutting from February, I'll be DYEL mode by Veeky Forums standards but shredded enough for thot mires. Don't even want to fug whores, just have someone look at me and not feel like they're 'avin a giggle behind my back later.
>mfw

Fuck outta here kiddo

>Finn is autistic
Well, color me surprised.

What job are you looking for?

Sure thing Merlin

37 here, married to awesome wife for 15 years, 4 great kids, second carrer, masters degree, big house on a river filled with salmon in the country. Job is hard but meaningful.
But, live in different state than home, onky friends still back there. In debt, bad, but making improvement. Got out of shape. Lost 50lbs in 2017 bf% 15 6'2" 200lbs.
I feel like I have made it, but I don't really care most of the time. I have more than I ever wanted in every lart of life, but sometimes wish things were harder so my feelings about life matched reality. I know it sounds stupid, and I see many of you anons have legit difficulties. I just wonder if I am the only one alive who feels this way.

In the UK distances on road signs are in miles, yards and feet. I.e. if a sign says "Taunton 12" it means Taunton is 12 miles away. If a sign has three bars on it coming up to a roundabout for example, it means you have 300 yards to go. Height and width restrictions will be in both feet and inches as well as meters.

I was born early 90s and we only learnt metric in school. I work in civil engineering and we use metric, i.e. kN/m^2 not psi etc. But most people speak of bodyweight in stone.

man these sour pathetic plebs fucking their life up sure do make me feel better about myself. The problem is yourselves, mates. You don't get to these lows out of circumstance. See this as the rock bottom you has to build out of, not from your situation, but from where you're at as a person.

Also >4K debt
>significant
lmao