Any army bros here? Have basic training in a few months and currently doing pushups...

Any army bros here? Have basic training in a few months and currently doing pushups, pull ups and planks on top of my PPL. Will this be enough to prepare me? What else should I include?

you need conditioning

Go to neversate dot com and follow that guys workouts cuz he has good conditioning ideas

>What else should I include?
RUNNING

>>>/MEG/

begin shaving your head right now.
you have to get your skin used to the Sun and exposure, and get yourself used to being 99% close to bald.
also run a lot. start out with a 10# weight in a backpack, and work your way up to a 45# plate in your backpack.
climb trees, and wear combat boots as often as possible to get your ankles used to the chaffing.

>you gotta pay me for more.

>Enlisting
>ishygddt

Really nothing. The whole point of basic is to condition you. That being said the more you do now the easier it might be. Start running. Remember suffering builds character and if you aint infantry you aint shit. Any other basic is easy and the military is turning soft.

This is all garbage advice. Fucking terrible

Mind you, this is Canadian military too.

What's your advice?

You're a fucking idiot

Seriously. Build up your running and stamina as much as you can. If you can run 3 or 4 miles in about half an hour without being too winded you'll be in a good starting place.

Seriously just stop worry about it and take it one meal at a time and take nothing personal. Unless the DI say they hate you personally , then you should take a look at what you're doing haha

>What's your advice?
You were obviously never in the Army, don't offer advice about things you've never experienced.

do not go to basic with a shaved head, the instructors will hate you

Yeah thats not true. You were probably just a cunt

>also run a lot. start out with a 10# weight in a backpack, and work your way up to a 45# plate in your backpack.

Yeah, that way he can get disqualified when he snaps his shit up before MEPS.

not him but I think the point he was making not that DS will hate you, but if you show up to basic "prepared" with a shaven head, that will just give them something else to break your balls about

Best advice I can give anyone going to basic training is become the grey man. Blend into the walls, don't be a superstar but also don't be a lazy shitbag. On graduation day if your DS doesn't know your name you have succeeded.

Wow that's some beta shit.

Dude run . Like at least 15 km a week. Then if you have time do farmer walks and deadlifts. You will be carrying a shiton of weight and you don't want any back problems. Otherwise build a base, but focus on cardio.

how the fuck do I get good at running I have never run before because I thought only women run but now I have to be able to run 2km in 8 minutes, do I just lose weight and keep running?

Build up like anything else. Go 2 times a week for the first 2 weeks at moderate intensity so you don't get shin splints. You wanna lose weight? Eat oatmeal. You don't have to be the fastest, just don't be the slowest.

I've been doing HIIT every day at the end of my workout sprinting for 200-300m as fast as I can, and I started keto. I figured that the less weight I have the easier it will be

lol, you've never experienced boot camp at all. The prize for being mister super soldier? More work and responsibility that you are setup to fail anyway. Nah but you sound like a real alpha

Fort benning Georgia 2006. 11 Bravo you POG piece of shit.

Its not my fault you're a "grey man" under achieving shit bag.

Will be going to SF tryouts this summer. Been lifting 3 years and am now focusing on rucking, running and swimming. Will also do some light sparring with a boxer friend of mine.

Am former private, can't wait to get back in green and get a real reason to hate my life :')

You're going to do 20 years and then work some shitty civilian job on base aren't you

Overachievers a shit

you don't have to do anything. the army will tell you what to do for the next x years

>olympic powerlifter
fucking dropped.

Did 8 years 2 tours got out. Traveling the world and loving life. Currently is Japan. Enjoy being fat the rest of your life telling old basic training stories about how mediocre you were.

dis nigga gay

you motto as fuck. praise this mother fucker!

lil pee pee project much?

What does this even mean? I don't speak virgin.

Yep I'm a POG who learned valuable skills in the Army and didn't separate with ptsd and severe anger issues like yourself. Keep talking tough on 4chinz the kiddies will think you are a big strong man.

Beta lol

Whatever helps you sleep at night gray man hahah

it means you're projecting your anger towards the world for having a small penis by being a moto "moto means being overly retardly 1SG kiss ass motivated in the service" soldier and hating on other people in the service that don't have a high and tight, score a 300 on the APFT and cover their giant truck with stickers about being a vet

LMAO "skills" you worked at 9-5 pushing papers. Did you learn a "skill" to avoid a papercut?

Aww whats the matter did the army not hug you enough? Let me guess you got picked on alot huh? Thought you would join up get strong ? Come to find out you're just a beta piece of shit who will always be weak.
Im other words i hate shit bag loser buddy fuckers who do nothing but float threw life? You nailed it

Why are so proud of being below average?

I did BMQ 2 years ago. If you're in infantry it'll be harder for you, if you're reg force it might be a bit more difficult too. Im reserve force artillery though so for me It wasnt too bad, just prepare yourself mentally. Get ready for sleep deprivation, coping with that, and stress under pressure. The physical training is easy shit, push-ups and running. If you brush up on cardio you'll already be ahead of 40% of your coursemates.Overall if you're not retarded or a pussy you'll be ok. And remember to NEVER fuck your team over.

To add to that, even though you're ahead lend your coursemates a hand. Morale matters on every course and makes shit more tolerable and time go by much faster, these people can be lifelong friends and connections throughout your potential career... As long as you're not a total bag of shit.good luck!

why are you alone in Japan trying to convince people on Veeky Forums that you aren't. I woke up in the middle of the night, looked at Veeky Forums for some tip that maybe I can implement at the gym tomorrow (i'm a teacher now and have a snow day tomorrow), saw this kids post and thought I'd put in my two cents. Seems like you'd thought you'd join the army and find what you were looking for. Now you're traveling the world still looking. I liked the humanitarian work with kids in Afghanistan and found my calling as a teacher. Now I have my own family and I'm truly blessed. I hope you find what you're looking for too bro. Although focusing on convincing the world you're the man instead of focusing on bettering yourself for your own sake probably isn't the answer. Good night, good luck and god bless.

Wow that was some deep gay shit