>can't bench 50kg

Other urls found in this thread:

jimwendler.com/blogs/jimwendler-com/101065094-5-3-1-for-a-beginner
youtube.com/watch?v=r8kSioFvyok
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

not possible

are you a woman

Are you eating at a surplus?

the only way I can imagine this happening is if you were fat as fatass and needed to lose 150 pounds or more. and you started a lifting regiment while losing weight... It wouldn’t be too unreasonable that your lifts didn’t make any progress during that time

did you go for the daily crab routine?

>not possible
but it is

just went 5/3/3 on 48.75kg half an hour ago, deloading next time

no

>Are you eating at a surplus?
not anymore after putting on 10kg without making progress

you need to see a weight lifting trainer my man, my theory now is that your form is atrocious and you’re just straining joints instead of working muscles

Unless you're tiny, the issue is almost certainly going to be atrocious form or effort. Even shitty programming shouldn't normally cause that.

It was the same for me, short answer is just do more benching. For Assistance do some incline DB Bench with light weight (50% of your max) and just work on form, slow reps that you can get a mind muscle connection going.

I've posted a couple form checks in the past and there weren't any major complaints unless I'm doing something wrong that can't be seen or that's difficult to see from a side view video.

unironically consider TRT, my bench was like that too before TRT

I'm not trying to be a complete dick, but I've trained actual women with better progress than that. Whatever his issues are they probably aren't solely hormonal.

what's the process for that? do you just go to the doctor and say that you suspect low T?

OP here

I already got checked a while ago, my testosterone levels are normal

still, I was like that for 2 years doing everything by the book, I just couldn't get past 1 plate in 2 years despite having perfect form, nutrition and sleep. Once my testosterone was in order everything went as it should have but who knows, maybe it was something mental.
yeah but don't expect doctors to actually put you on TRT unless you're under 200

I've been on your boat, lifted for a year and only gained around 30kg collectively on my bench, OHP and squat. The problems I've encountered is:
1. Not eating enough/not hitting macros. This is probably the problem. I thought eating 3 eggs for breakfast, a little chicken throughout the day and a protein shake was enough protein. It's not.
2. Not lifting consistently and not challenging myself. What I used to do was go to the gym 2 times in week 1, then go 3 times week 2, then whatever the fuck week 3. Be consistent, make a routine. Whenever I was in the gym, I certainly didn't/couldn't increase the weight. Maybe because I just felt like not challenging myself or I couldn't because of poort diet.

I think fixing these two things would definitely help. Other things, like sleeping and micros, are definitely, definitely critical to your success, but start out with baby steps and you'll see more progress and hopefully motivate you to do more to see even more progress.

How does ur diet and training schedule look like?
Lifts?
Length and weight?

I don't believe it unless you are either a woman or like 12 years old

doing pic related

height 180cm weight 73kg

I used to eat 2500-2600 cals and put on 10kg over a while, now I've stopped (because no progress) and I eat 2200 which is about maintenance. 120-150g protein

deadlift: 100kg
squat: 87.5kg
ohp: 32.5kg
bench: 48.75kg

it's true though

Well you can do pushups, right? Can you do weighted pushups? How's your floor press? Can not wrap my head around this.

>every body is the same

No, but every male body with his height and weight should be able to lift more than 48.75kg for reps after 17 months of lifting.

Well, clearly the low volume LP approach isn't working. Have you considered moving to a higher workload routine?

do ppl and high volume, strength training is a meme fat people use to cope with being fat

I can do pushups but they hurt my wrists. I haven't done any exercise/lifts except for the ones in the routine.

I don't know what routine to choose, I've only picked the ones for beginners which are all similar (did stronglifts for the first 4 months and phraks ever since)

check out 531

do candito linear strength it's free on his website. increase bench if possible every week 2.5kg and do most of the optional stuff prehab or sticking points(closegrip bench for example). add a very light gpp routine like 150reps elastic band tricep pushdowns or 150reps band pull aparts.

You need to pick something else then, because the current approach absolutely is not working.

If you're still set on three days a week full body, I can knock together a basic routine. If not tell us what you'd prefer and we'll find something.

Hahaha you need to try harder and actually try to lift the weight haha what a fgt

Your form is fucking shit m8

>i lifted once 17 months ago and i lifted again yesterday

Definetely get test measured.
Start PPL routine.
Also post body

Cut squats out of bench days, eat more, and drop set off 5lb until you reach the bar. You will make gains this way.

T. Had the same fucking problem

Isn't that low volume too though? Well, jimwendler.com/blogs/jimwendler-com/101065094-5-3-1-for-a-beginner looks like it anyway. The other programs say they're for intermediates

this one looks manageable (strength/control version?), I might look into it if there aren't any other suggestions

I just prefer 3 days/week but 4 days might be ok, otherwise the only reason I did full body was because that was what was always recommended.

This is what I've given a few people who had issues progressing on SS/SL style programs. It's worked but I make no claims on it being some sort of revolution or anything like that.

A
Bench
Squat
Strict row

B
Deadlift
Press
Chinup-grip pulldowns

C
Front squat
Incline bench
Pulldowns

AxBxC

Week 1, work up to a hard set of 8. Take 10% off the bar and keep doing sets of eight until you won't make the next set or you hit ten sets.

Week 2, up to a hard set of 5. Same deal with the backoffs - take 10% off, do sets of 5

Week 3, up to a hard set of 3. Again, same deal with the backoffs - take 10% off, do sets of 3.

Week 4 - take an easy week if you need it. If not go straight back to week 1.

You can sub any of those movements if you have to, just keep the same sort of movement. Do assistance if you feel you need more work and try to fit in some light cardio somewhere (for health if nothing else). Conditioning is optional but recommended once you're used to the increased workload.

Add some dropsets and maybe start doing paused bench as well.

>height 180cm weight 73kg
Eat more, you're barely at a normal weight and expect gains? Lmao do a clean bulk and actually count calories

>started lifting a month ago
>bench is 35kg/77lbs for sets
this good progress?

>tfw started with 40kg

I started with 10kg and now I'm on 20kg + whatever the bar weights in maybe three weeks.
Bulked from 60kg to 66kg.

Am I doing it right?

I agree with this user, I made no gains in 8 months last year because I wasn't meeting macros or getting enough sleep

find a new hobby, you are an actual non-responder

youtube.com/watch?v=r8kSioFvyok

even if you're doing everything wrong formwise and dietwise, you should easily be repping 65kg by now at very least