/owg/

weakbois edition

>noone made a thread yet

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EzeESCZgXYs
youtu.be/UkYJnL-6Rwk
qwa.org/Resources/Calculators.aspx
vitolog.pl/pl/p/Sciagacz-opaska-uciskowa-na-kolano-kolana-bialy/4439?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIk9bs-_TB2AIVREAbCh0LWwrZEAQYAiABEgJ_1fD_BwE
youtube.com/watch?v=TOeGG8zAvRA
youtube.com/watch?v=2C8kLbia3fM
youtube.com/watch?v=FzfafyNRjj0
waxmansgym.com/30days/
youtu.be/bzZ0gBkhUfg
youtu.be/x0PkHXsU_r0
youtube.com/watch?v=v3rlyfMISMQ
youtube.com/watch?v=D01g4BNwM_0
youtube.com/watch?v=8kqRnCTUyyo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

p-please reply

Is it bad if I use the smith machine for my overhead press? I have been getting some weird looks, but huge gains.

It won't improve your balance and is pretty retarded

If you look at people doing OHP you can see it's not a perfectly straight line, why would you use a smith for that?

I use the smith machine for a lot of workouts. I can just campout there for an hour and get my whole workout in: bench press, deadlifts, curls, squats, skullcrushers, etc. The machine is literally a gift from God.

No bait allowed here baka but thanks for bumping the thread

Nice pic op

you can get away with that as long as you are seated. standing is way to cumbersome, and locks you into a bad ROM path.

>I do seated OHP on a flat bench press unit while facing the back of the thing.

How much are you supposed to lift in basic lifts if to be average at oly

Should of used this one

What do you mean

Assuming someone has like 40kg OHP 70kg BP ~100kg squat and diddly, would it be a good idea at all to try and get into oly

As long as you don't make oly your main lifts

>should of
I want r*ddit out of here

What’s a imoressivr push press for a 105kg lifter

Good kek. How fucked are you if you actually do this? Lmao

Imo its between explosiveness and strength so its not anything amazing. So nothing to focus on. Its fun though.
Basically it won't make you be able lift as much and won't make you as fast as much as other exercises. Guess you can use it to shock the body.
Pretty fun though just take it easy, its not safe for autist

Bodyweight

Should I be push pressing into a split jerk position?

Why

Are chucks fine for oly lifts or i really need special shoes?

youtube.com/watch?v=EzeESCZgXYs
at least 1.86x bw

????
do you mean like a jerk balance? push press from feet in split position? or are you asking if this is proper jerk technique? (is not).

You need special shoes

Check out Hisakaflockaflame on IG. Dude does oly lifts in sandals. Granted he has the technique mastered already

In the snatch where should my hips touch the bar when jumping/extending. If I touch it just above the pubic bone it feels fine but of it's a bit lower I'm able to squeeze my glutes a bit more into the bar. But I've heard above the pubic bone is the proper placement.

>Power cleaned and jerked 200lbs today
>Max C&J is 225

Thank you based long levers of high pulls.

point of contact is in the 'hip crease' which can range from above to below the pubic bone. having bruised my pubic bone from making contact too low, i prefer to hit a little above, at the very base of the abdominals, but this is higher than most.
i think finding the appropriate grip width is more important than thinking about were in a narrow band you should be making contact. if your grip is right, your arms are appropriately relaxed, and your pulling mechanics are correct then contact is just going to occur where it does.
post vids, tho.

>Granted he has the technique mastered already

His technique is shit compared to the other lifters at Cal Strength.

That's me
youtu.be/UkYJnL-6Rwk

I'm in the gym atm maybe in like 30mins I'll put the 5s on and make another vid

>hahah yeah dude I do oly lifting

please tell me none of you say this

How bad are my oly lifts compared to my squat/front squat?

>highbar atg back squat
410lbs
>front squat
350lbs
>clean and jerk
275lbs
>snatch
195lbs

Also I weigh 185lbs at 5'11

We don’t

PlZ call it owl

I don't
At plg do they say
>Hehe I powerlift ?

not super efficient desu.
qwa.org/Resources/Calculators.aspx
your front squat to back squat ration is okay, but with a 187 back squat you should be good for at least 110/140 with good technique

Not entireluy accurate. My max back squat is 140 all time (currently 135) and it says my power clean should be 89. I can power clean 90 fairly easy for a max attempt so maybe even 95.

C&J should be 108 but I'm only at 100 though so I guess it evens out. Snatch currently at 75 at 80kgs bodyweight 184cms

yes

oh hey it's you
where'd you get those shin guard things? i currently use my knee sleeves, but now they're all warped and bloody and don't really work like knee sleeves no more.

form-wise, there's some things you need to fix.
your shoulders are behind the bar at the start, and stay through the lift. shoulders need to stay over the bar. think 'cover the bar with the shoulders', and you need to stay over the bar all the way through the pull.
contributing to this problem is how the weight is distributed through your feet. you are pulling through your heels, which is inefficient and is changing every other position. try to feel the weight through the mid-foot. to help feel this, put a couple .5kg plates, or the smallest fractional plates you have, under your feet, midfoot, and do snatch dls without letting your heels or toes hit the floor. and again, keep the shoulders over the bar.
your lower back is also hyper extended at the start. keep it neutral, and instead stretch out your thoracic spine. try to get the vertebrae at the base of your neck as 'tall' as you can.

Nobody calls it "Olympic Weightlifting" in the real world it's just "Weightlifting" everybody that isn't participating in the Olympic games and calls it oly lifting is retarded, but it does sound cool. The Olympic part makes it sound like only the elite does it.

i mean, we're talking 'ideal' ratios. of course you may be able to move more weight in a given movement relative to another one, contrary to what a formula says you 'should'.
but heavy power clean relative to your back squat and your full clean is a kind of systemic inefficiency, and gives you some information as to what you might need to correct or work on.
post vids.

only call it 'olympic lifting' when talking to 'normies' because if you say 'weightlifting' they think 'bodybuilding' or 'general gym fuckaroundering' which isn't all that terrible unless you care about verisimilitude or just others holding an accurate representation of you and your hobbies within their private viewing screens.

I got it here, it's more for the knee
vitolog.pl/pl/p/Sciagacz-opaska-uciskowa-na-kolano-kolana-bialy/4439?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIk9bs-_TB2AIVREAbCh0LWwrZEAQYAiABEgJ_1fD_BwE

You can also try tubular bandages

Thnx for the form tips but todays session was pretty shit. The praise from last try got into my head and i tried to fix eveything at once focusing on the result rather than the drills themselves. Tried to get a stomp with my feet, quicker elbows, positions right, initiate the extension with my legs etc. Nothing worked and after 2h my snatch looked worse I feel then last time, I also bruised by pelvic bone lol. Sorry for the blog post. Next time I need to focus on 1 thing at once, and focus on the current drill instead of focusing on getting a perfect snatch right away.

Also working with the broomstick is kinda weird, results in different form than the bar. But obviously that's another thing to work on.

shit form today

youtube.com/watch?v=TOeGG8zAvRA

Well you'd have zero stability if you tried to do those lifts with free weights, and it can fuck your shoulders up doing presses with one. Also you look like a dyel

140ish

I looked at the wiki for beginner oly lifting but the link is fucked, can someone recomend a program to learn the lifts?

youtube/find a coach

You need to work on that second pull man.

Check out this video: youtube.com/watch?v=2C8kLbia3fM

Do more hang snatches, your pull from the floor is fine so skip that bit and focus on the really obvious problem with your snatch.

Nice camera angle btw

Just realised that video is for the clean really but the idea is the same, get the bar high in the air before you jump under it. Stop just swinging it up

Hisaka is shit lol, even worse than Wes
also he's the slowest lifter in history

Also he's roided to the gills and only lifts to be part of the subculture. I met him and he basically said as much

I've powered 120 pretty ez and I can't really clean more than 125, I feel you breh. Granted my squat tek is pretty abysmal

tanks

me too, saw a guy do it in the gym, tried it, rad

in the starting position, do you turn your elbows out a bit, so your elbow points in the same parallel direction as the bar?

youtube.com/watch?v=FzfafyNRjj0

this guy turns them in, and it seems to woek quite well for him

im having trouble seeing + im retarded, do you consider turning in rotating your arm clocklwise or counterclockwise

welp maybe its out, so he turns his right hand clockwise and his left hand counter-clockwise

>tfw nearest wl gym is half an hour ago and is shit

>tfw nearest oly gym is 20 miles ago

Fuck off

30 mins is nothing you fucker

push pressing and jerking are different exercises

in the real world, people think weightlifting is the same as bodybuilding. please go outside some time.

i'll say "olympic-style" if i ever need to be specific

but saying "i oly lift" to a stranger is autistic, i agree

olympic-style

>tfw new weightlifting gym is opening literally blocks from my house in a week

i've been on the owner's ass since before he closed on the property. there was no way in hell i was going to let this slip by me. i'm so goddamn tired of driving 40 minutes to go to the fuckin gym just to use some cheap oly bars and crossfit plates.

please try to describe olympic weightlifting to a normal human being sometime.

you work out? what kind of stuff do you do?
>oh, weightlifting
oh tight, how much do you bench?
>oh, no, i do oly lifts
uhh, what is a oh-lee lift?
>i do olympic-style lifts

it looks autistic in /owg/ but it's way worse trying to describe it to the 99% of walking, voting people who have no idea what a snatch is.

yoon's form is kinda bad, don't use him for inspiration

just tell him how much you bench if he asks you autist

who has good form

2pl8 will get you mires in a normie gym, 3pl8 is legitimately impressive

What weight should I use for snatch balance? Should I be going for higher than my PR in snatch or maybe a bit over? Also what rep range for this movement?

I love watching klokov teach people to lift, he squats down 20cm away from them and looks at them with such care and concern

most people know what a "clean and jerk" is though, or just say "I do the same type of weightlifting they do at the olympics where they lift a heavy weight over their head"

elbows point out
shouldn't feel 'torque' in the shoulder. just shoulders mildly internally rotated. basically neutral.

smd t b h bb

better question is why are you doing snatch balances?

also here's a bunch of tech cues for you newfriends that are learning the lifts
also
if you are just learning the lifts, don't fuck around with assistance exercises
learn the lifts first
once you're proficient with them, then you can start adding assistance
macro-macrocycle structure should be minimal variation--more variation--maximum variation--less variation--less variation--minimal variation
learn the basic, compound movements first
then supplement
then re-specialize

>here's a bunch of tech cues
hurr
waxmansgym.com/30days/

youtu.be/bzZ0gBkhUfg
youtu.be/x0PkHXsU_r0

youtube.com/watch?v=v3rlyfMISMQ

this video makes it REALLY hard to tell Max is 5 foot 5

holy smokes, haven't seen an owg in like a year. form check snatch plox :DDD

youtube.com/watch?v=D01g4BNwM_0
youtube.com/watch?v=8kqRnCTUyyo

>THIS is the kind of scrawny little faggot twerp in these "olympic" "weightlifting" threads

FUCKING HELL LMAO

shittershattered powerlifter that tried to wl and realized he has no flexibility or athleticism detected

pulling with arms early. keep arms straight and loose until explosion.
moving into catch too soon. try to stand taller in explosion, everything in legs tight, working, tight all through torso.
catching bar with soft shoulders, and they keep falling as you try to stabilize and recover. raise shoulders in catch, 'pinch' traps together, keep them working in that position.

boardie is the only plg cunt allowed to shitpost in this general
and he ded

I'm thinking of going vegan lads.

Or at least vegetarian desu

do you really think i'm scrawny user-kun?? or are you just be tsundere ;) !!

domo arigatio gozimasu

don't be a meme

Your filming sucks, take it portrait and from the front/side next time.

Pretty good though. Start with your hips lower.

he looks like he shat himself

Bois we must destroy /bwg/ aka twink general

ask them what their one rep max izz

In what ?

You should go nigger too

Dum
Brazilians

that'z the joke brah
fuck'n roast'd