/fast/ #76 - Even barbie knew about it edition

>What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

>WATCH THIS BEFORE ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS
youtu.be/APZCfmgzoS0

>WHY SHOULD I FAST?
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/
>Weight loss
>Better skin
>Autophagy

>WHAT IS AUTOPHAGY?
It's when your body takes apart useless, shitty cells. (Cancer cells, cells with broken protein, acne, loose skin, etc)
idmprogram.com/fasting-and-autophagy-mtor-autophagy-1/

>HOW DO I SAFELY FAST?
Mix 2,000mg of lite salt & pink salt into a liter of water and drink that throughout the day. This is like Gatorade without the sugar, it'll keep you hydrated.
youtube.com/watch?v=8Ox9WXFcNIY

>WHAT SHOULD MY FASTING ROUTINE LOOK LIKE?
If you're lean, 5:2!-- OMAD (one meal a day, 1-2 hour eating window) 5 days a week + 48 hour fast a week
If you're a fatass, FAST UNTIL YOU AREN'T.

>WONT I GO INTO STARVATION MODE AND DIE?!
You don't have the willpower to fast to death. Now look down. See that large bulbous gut? That's food. Thousands and thousands of calories stored and ready to be consumed by your body.

>WONT I LOSE MUSCLE?
This is the coolest part about fasting. Your body remains very anabolic when you fast.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5064803/
"Our results suggest that a fasting program in conjunction with resistance training can decrease fat mass, and maintain muscle mass in resistance-trained males."

>WHAT IS DRY FASTING? WONT I DEHYDRATE MYSELF?
No food or water consumption. Try this after your first water fast if you want. It's the fastest way to ketosis and autophagy.The longest record is 18 days. (Don't fucking dry fast for 18 days. 3-5 max)
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andreas_Mihavecz

>More dry fasting info
news.usc.edu/63669/fasting-triggers-stem-cell-regeneration-of-damaged-old-immune-system/
youtube.com/watch?v=81a10sZ4duU&t

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dFT2IKmwyfg
rxlist.com/aldactone-drug/patient-images-side-effects.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Btw 114h in on my dry fast

lol new one was made right after i posted in old one. reposting...

so i'm planning on doing a weekly 48 hour fast, with a high protein meal to begin the fast and another to end the fast.

how much muscle mass should i expect to lose? how much will my lifts suffer?

i don't have the benefits of testosterone.

>cant watch a 5 min video

>pic related
>its you

as in you being a girl? I don't think 48h is enough for you to lose any lean mass, and depending on how long it takes for you to reach ketosis you're only gonna lose a small amount of fat, we are talking about grams here.

>how much muscle mass should i expect to lose?
Contractile tissue, negligible. Glycogen and water, a fair bit.

>how much will my lifts suffer?
Negligible.

i'd be more than happy to watch a 5 minute video. which one? if it's snake guy i've probably already seen it, but when he's going on about curing cancer it's hard to take him seriously about anything.

yeah as in a girl. and sure a small amount, but doing it every week that should add up right? and i'm not opposed to doing longer fasts if i can manage it. kinda new to this though. my no salt stuff is gonna be here monday and i'm starting fast tuesday night. kinda excited!

i work a sorta physical job though (walking constantly) and lift. don't want to pass out and have to figure out how to fit these fasts into my schedule. 48 hours is easy to fit in, 72 less so.

neat. i sure hope this is true.

how much fat in ya? Are you doing the omad + 48h fasts/week?

i'm 140lbs, weighed 110 back in high school so i'm guessing maybe 30lbs to lose?

kinda on the fence about whether i should do one meal each day or one meal plus bulletproof coffee with protein powder. my fatty protein coffee shakes give me so much energy for work!

142kg. The goal is to go at least below 100 by the end of the year.

That's the starting weight on the 1st of this year. I lost some weight last year but I didn't really keep track unfortunately, but my guess would be that I was around 180kg at my fattest.

how tall are you? 110 is probably anorexic tier unless you're like 5'2 or less

you can do that before july, how are your fasts planned?

5'6".

whatever, i'm not concerned with numbers like this really. there's visibly tummy fat i want gone and that's my goal, along with maintaining muscle mass.

you're just skinnyfat, if your goal is to actually have any amount of muscle mass 110lbs is way too low for you.

Now, if you wanna go full skelly to 110lbs and then lean bulk from there i respect that. But maintaning 110lbs at 5'6'' is full retarded.

Alternate day fasting with OMAD on the days I eat, so I get 48h of fasting.

i want a flat stomach is all. again, numbers don't mean too much here.

with that said though, i've been down to 119 before and still had a belly pouch.

nigga, u fat. Why arent you doing 7 days fasts?

you are probably unaware of how lean mass affects your weight, but yea my advice would be get to the lowest possible bodyfat and try to add lean mass later, no matter what weight you end up with this formula you're going to have a flat stomach.

Because I'm fat and like to eat, I guess. I'll try working myself up to a week

i mean that's basically my goal, but i'm really hoping to limit my muscle loss too. which is why i've been planning 48hr fasts... to fit them between lifting sessions, and only working on the first day of the fast.

or can i lift while fasting? feel like i might end up dead if i pass out doing squats or something.

NEW WHAT I LEARNED VIDEO ON FASTING:

youtube.com/watch?v=dFT2IKmwyfg

Explains why snake juice is so important. Fasting makes you lose sodium more quickly, and the body will actually secrete insulin to stop you from losing it!

>mfw sippin on a rich, smooth French roast
>mfw this triggers teaboys and drymemers

Feels good being masterrace

anaerobic should be fine while fasting, but always advisable to do with a very low intensity and volume (50%RM or less). But remember this is maintenance and you'll never be able to build any muscle while fasting.

Kindly stop avatarfagging

I think we're starting to get a picture of the next level. Good job /fast/ bros, we're breaking the conditioning.

>be me at work lost 70 lbs in 6 months last year
>new year
>working on pic related
>coworker stops by to tell me she is on vacation next week and will be trying to fast
>encourage her
>be fixing something
>coworker stops me to brag
>"user I'm on day 4 and feel fine"
>give advice about mixing potions
>encourage him

We are unshekeling the grabblers
Feels Good Man

so maybe i should just fast hardcore until all the fat is gone? while maintaining my lifting routine but with light weight.

isn't that the opposite of what snake guy recommends? he said lift heavy for low reps while fasting. he also said don't ever do any exercise while fasting though, so maybe his opinion is just shit.

I do Tabata training 3 times a week and body weight exercises on 3 other days. How will fasting affect my training?

Negatively.

this is unironically what i'm doing right now but i took a week off from gym since it's a dry fast. Still do some pushups to check if i'm lightheaded and take walks every day.

I guess exercise is fine on 48h max fasts and not good if you're doing prolonged (3+ days)

:^(
In what way? How should I adjust to it?

Forgot to add I plan to do a water fast for at least a week.

Fasting isn't something you want to do with a bunch of heavy excerise. Keep it light when you fast.

one year of 6 days + 250 one day PMSF

6'1 205 8% in pic

highly recomend PMSF

this water fast shit is xrazy btw u need water idiots

whoever was asking about training on fasting you want sets of 8-12 and lots of them

>one year of 6 days + 250 one day PMSF

That's a little hard to parse.

Look good, not used to seeing muscle in this thread.

>this water fast shit is xrazy btw u need water idiots
>water fast
>no water

Confirmed for not knowing shit. Water fasting means you only consume water. Fasting is 10x easier than PSMF, and significantly faster for fat loss.

>this water fast shit is xrazy btw u need water idiots
You mean dry fast? Yea probably too extreme, i'm doing 7 day only once to get the gist of it, but i see no point in doing it extensively/repeatedly desu.

i would eat 250 calories surplus for six days to bulk and put on muscle then PMSF for a day to get rid of the fat
allows u to stay competition bodyfat year round

this is what bodybuilders, fitness models do
PMSF Is a great tool for staying lean

How is not eating 800 calories a day going to be that much faster?

I would rather lose a gram less fat if it means I can keep 10 grams of muscle.

your body NEEDS Protien

Doesn't matter at all if it's better for fat loss.
Not eating is literally the worst shit you could possibly do for fitness and overall health.
Not to mention you're gonna make literal negative gains doing this on a regular basis

>How is not eating 800 calories a day going to be that much faster?
>an extra pound of fat every 5 days
>no insulin increase, forcing you to make glycogon which burns more energy

Let's see a body photo that isn't tiny and hiding your body.
I wanna see what PMSF can actually build.

>pmsf can build

nothing. all it does is lean u out so you can bulk

that was me 205 8% lasst year, have me as of yesterday at 170 12%

Ok. But it's worth it to keep muscle. Why would I want to create more work for myself by losing more muscle than I had to.

Better to get an extra pound of fat every 5 days than to need to spend extra time bulking and gaining fat to get the muscle back no?

oh shit is that you elflord?

Ah that makes sense,

Do you have a before pic? How much did you gain?

yeah.

I've been on PMSF for three or 4 months now. Nasty shit, feel my hair getting thinner by the day, stress is hitting me physically now.

I'm like 10-11-12, will just bulk next week.

I'm sick of being so skinny, I miss the way people don't challenge you when you are 200+ lbs man

lots of ppl picking fights with me now

help me fast

Over the past few days my weight loss has stopped completely, despite IF (4/20) and Cico (500 cal deficit)

am I just miscounting my fuckin calories? or have I hit a wall and I need to start doing more cardio (currently do practically 0 cardio, lifting only)

>yeah
hahahahaha
Sorry

Why not stop then?

Stop picking at the scabs on your arm, dude. It's considered "self harm."

>I would rather lose a gram less fat if it means I can keep 10 grams of muscle
Random made up numbers, but I understand the point you're making.

>How is not eating 800 calories a day going to be that much faster?
>majority of protein in that 800 calories is broken down into glucose
>breaks fast by secreting insulin
>lose muscle sparing effects of constant HGH and glucagon

If you want the most muscle sparing, do a real fast. Any muscle loss is negligeble, and you'll regain it pretty much instantly once you begin eating regularly again.

Disregarding fasting, I've gone from trained to untrained several times due to picking up other physical hobbies/sports. Like from 1/2/3/4 down an entire plate from not lifting for years and it always takes about a month of training and eating to get right back to where I was due to muscle memory, and about 20+lbs of muscle. If the body can put on 20+lbs of muscle it previously had that quickly, I'm sure the less than 1 pound you'd lose from an extended fast where you lose 10+lbs of fat wouldn't be a problem.

Anecdotally I've been eating about 1000-1500cal every other day and I've been hitting PRs while losing about a pound a day.

Because in order for you to be looking scary, you need to be veiny and shredded and heavy. Being big isn't that intimdating if u just look like a soft little estrogen bitch boy, you need to be covered in stirations and veins

If I bulk now, I will just look fat and not be able to bulk as long, verus starve for a week and then buy myself 2 months to bulk.

After all, a week of PMSF buys you like 2, 3 months of bulking at slight surplus. that's 20 lbs of muscle if you love it kill it in the gym

yes yes and i am recending hairline too and have stretch marks i get it just leave me a lone already

eveyrtuime i post....

stop bully

YOu get my point, so idk what I can say.

Theres one thing about training no one really talks about: mindset.

You need to KNOW that what you are doing is the best, and that you are the best at doing it.

If in your heart you know what you are doing is going to work, it will. If you believe that it's ideal not to eat the 800 call of chicken breast, then you shouldn't do it.

A lot of times in training, you have to just try something, and see how you feel. I feel terrible when I dont get that chicken breast in, I feel like im getting really skinny, I feel like im wasting away into a twig man, and then my body dysmorphia gets really bad and I cant stand to be in any big rooms because I feel too small, or I feel uncomfortable around women that are 6'1+ because I dont feel bigger than them,e tc

just not healthy for me

>heres one thing about training no one really talks about: mindset.
Too true man. One of the reasons I always stopped lifting was boredom because routines give shit results, now I don't do routines and make gains all the fucking time because I don't get bored and can just work hard af.

>If you believe that it's ideal not to eat the 800 call of chicken breast, then you shouldn't do it.
Fair enough man.

>shit face, hair, skin genetics
rip, shoulda fasted

I have a gorgeous face at 7%, such a shame about the hair and skin and my nose and the rest of me

oh well who cares,

I did so much wrist roller, that it hurt so bad, I was able to get off on it today, enjoy the pain

I am back to the old me, and i feel good.

Stop fucking posting everywhere dude, I still remember you from the mastic gum threads where you jutted your jaw out and praised it.

I come back from a Veeky Forums hiatus and you're STILL posting your ugly mug everywhere, using the same picture for weeks on end.

Just fuck off you slimy cunt.

You

I like you

this, gotta let your anger out on the weights

think how bad you hate being as small as you are, then prove it, inflict so much pain on yourself in as in proportion to your hate

5 sets of 5 my ass, you should be dripping in sweat and going to failure

I start my water fast today.

SW: 101.5kg

GW: 90kg

May or may not check in daily; wish me luck bros.

Also any tips to survive the extreme cravings for food?

Don't have any easily accessible food nearby.

i just realized something.

i'm supposed to try to avoid potassium, because one of my meds is a potassium-sparing diuretic:

rxlist.com/aldactone-drug/patient-images-side-effects.htm

>Spironolactone is a potassium-sparing diuretic (water pill) that prevents your body from absorbing too much salt and keeps your potassium levels from getting too low.

>Spironolactone is used to diagnose or treat a condition in which you have too much aldosterone in your body. Aldosterone is a hormone produced by your adrenal glands to help regulate the salt and water balance in your body.

kinda feel like i could fuck myself up somehow because of this. i wonder what this means for my snake juice...

I live with people, so that's impossible.

Also on a side note, trying to go from 14% bodyfat to under 7%

How long do you guys reckon it would take getting from 80 to 70kg 1.84m?

oh god another tripfag

I guess just keep yourself busy, not sure how you'll experience the hunger for yourself since i fasted from 30->22%.

Depends on what kind of fasting, if you did OMAD with exercise daily, you could probably lose the 10kg in 3-4 weeks without much stress.

54 hours into a water fast.

6’3” Started at 271, already at 265. Looking to get to 210. I realize it’s probably all water weight.

My heads never felt so clear before! But I keep getting very small head aches here and there. No issues sleeping. Going to go as long as I can before I die.

Yeah true, I only just got cleared to train legs and back from my physio (Broke L5). Really enjoyed training that so that'll give me something to do. Apart from that I've got a bunch of books, a new guitar, and just got into a bachelors degree.

That sucks man, but glad you can train again. So long as you can keep yourself from being bored you'll probably be fine, the hunger passes after a few days anyway. (Also if you eat keto before you start fasting the hunger is also less)

>headaches
Taking salt?

I woke up this morning and just decided to start, so haven't prepared very well. That's okay though.

And yeah, getting hit by a car and getting sent 25m isn't nice.

Have been recovering since 2015, the end is in sight. Been dealing with 24/7 pain for the past 2 years, only recently stopped hurting.

I was, sipping on water with salt occasionally through the day and got a huge stomach cramp after a while. Almost unbearable while walking. I walk 5 miles minimum a day so I stoped for the last 12 hours. Maybe they’re unrelated? Can I just eat a packet of salt?

Wrong. Getting amped up is a good way to hurt yourself.

Too much water. Drink when you're thirsty.

Don't take too much salt either. More is not better.

that is the most retarded shit i've ever heard this year so far, drop the trip ffs and stop trying to parrot eric bugenhagen you are doint it wrong

If you're going back to a high carb diet after the fast, you'll gain about half of that back almost instantly in water weight.

Does losing belly weight require exercise or will I just lose by fasting? k ty

Okay. I still feel hunger, around the times I would normally eat so I don’t think I’m in ketosis yet. I definitely feel less hungry today, but I’ve already drank 1.5 liters of water whenever I feel hungry to subdue the hunger sensation. I guess that backfired. I haven’t had any salt today so I’ll add some to the water and suck it up when I feel hungry.

It does not require exercise, just losing fat. By fasting for instance.

But you will probably still look like shit if you have no muscles.

So I cant run while fasting
but can I do push ups n shit?
will it do anything?

Is it better to remain in keto at a higher calorie count or just eat a lower calorie count?

I'm noticing that although I lost a lot of water weight, my calorie count to actually function has gone up.

It will only help burning fat. You will rather lose muscles than build any though. Your body needs nutrients to build muscles.

It makes more sense to do some light running (cardio) than lifting.

aww that poor kitty :(

You can run. You just shouldn't run near your anaerobic threshold and expect to perform well.

lower kcals. calories in/calories out is still the deciding factor for weight loss.

I was thinking the same thing but when do I know that I reached that threshold?
also I am feeling great I am now on my 5th day but my pulse has risen up a bit and I can feel my heart if I concentrate should I be worried?
my blood pressure is normal

I meant exercises that aren't strength training. I didn't mean he is supposed to do aerobic training. Cardio wasn't the right word.

stop posting, you are both retarded. Cardio is never
an option while fasting. You can do a little bit of resistance training, but don't you fucking do cardio while depleted of glucose because your body won't have anough glycogen to keep up and you'll fucking break down muscle.

so how much strength training should a person do while fasting?

None

>too tired to play video games
>nobody posting in the fifty million tabs I have open
>all I can think about is food

You can do light jogging and short hikes as long as you let your body catch up with your energy demand. Take breaks when you need to. Nothing wrong with that.

so how are we supposed to fast and build muscle like cole does?

incorrect, between 48h is perfectly fine doing maintenance workouts,
Still not as advisable as low intensity and low volume resistance training.

You exercise in your eating period.

/fast/ how are your erections while water fasting, i've noticed a distinct lack in enthusiasm in my pants

Cole himself says you cannot build muscle while fasting. If you want to build muscle stick to omad and eat on a surplus.

yeah not feeling it breh