Start taking zinc and magnesium

>start taking zinc and magnesium
>start increasing bench by 5 lb/workout after making barely any progress

Did I finally discover a non-meme supp?

Also, big loads are a myth, my loads are normal

im taking lecithin for load gains now. how long before it kicks in?

Zinc is making me sweat for the first time in a long time.
I'm pretty sure that sweat is improtant for transporting contaminations out of my body.

biggest thing i notice is fucking insane dreams. multiple equally psycho dreams every night. i think it means im sleeping well

taking zinc just fucked my sleep up. the dreams you get arent even funny

Zinc increases test production.

What is the best zinc supp to take?

Zinc "fucks up your sleep" by making you sleep more efficiently. Your body just needs to get used to it.

Wtf? is this true? what is the cause of that?

You have ZMA, but you can also take zinc tablets and use zinc paste if you have skin irritations.
You'll know if you use too much zinc, if you get stomach pains and throw up. Dairrea is to be somewhat expected at first. The tolerance is between 10-100mg zinc. (10mg is recommended for normal mortals, and 30mg for normal bodybuilders, but that may not always be enough, so experiment.)

I tried taking ZMA (recommended dose of 3 pills, the Optimum Nutrition stuff) and I had fucking INSANE gas. Like I was farting all goddamn day long, big farts, hot ones too. It was fucked.

Went and got a straight Zinc supplement and it went away, so I guess it was the magnesium.

Once the Zinc runs out, I might try doing 2 pills/day of the ZMA to see what happens.

Anybody have any insight on DHEA?

Why did you stop taking ZMA? You need magnesium and B6 too. It's just that sometimes ZMA might require additional supplementation. You can also supplement with additional magnesium, if you figure that you need that. Just be vigilant of the warning signs of any overdosing. With zinc it's pretty obvious if you take too much, but it's not always obvious.

>insane gas
Oh, I thought you said "insane gains". Now I understand.

Zinc dreams are a thing.

You don't need supplemental B vitamins if you're eating meat.

The annoying part for me is how your dreams are so intense I don't even get proper sleep sometimes. It has become a lot rarer after a month or so of taking it though.

big loads on zma are NOT a myth

yeah but waking up at 2am after having an extremely vivid and detailed dream of killing multiple people, the reactions of bystanders, friends and family and being unable to go back to sleep for hours doesnt feel efficient m8

I took zinc/magnesium for a few weeks and it gave me crazy brain fog. Is that normal?

It's basically your body cleaning out your brain. You've had those speculative thoughts stored in there, but the pathway to them has been clogged up by toxins. You're likely not having the same dream twice. I've never had nightmares myself. ...but you can always start with just ONE pill.

Yeah, sort of. You're supposed to take it before bed (although that's not required). After sleeping you'll wake up refreshed.

Isn't really a surprise. Magnesium halps muscles with recovery and is beneficial for your CNS. Zinc is a building block in a lot of enymes and proteins inside your body.

Protip: Take a zinc when you get sick. Never recovered so fast.

Take both before bed or just the magnesium? Google is giving me heaps of conflicting advice.

I was talking about ZMA, so I don't know exactly what gives the haze. I haven't noticed the zinc giving me any notable haze, though.

Just the magnesium, about half an hour before actually going to sleep forks fine. Other options include melatonin for falling asleep or tryptophane for having a deeper sleep if you wake up easily like me.

Are there any foods I shouldn't eat before taking zinc?
Is dairy or chocolate okay?

Should I just start on multi's? Pretty sure I'm low on vitamin D and not like a multi could hurt.

I'm fairly sure that dairy, and especially milk, will prevent zinc uptake. Chocolate is okay, but chocolate contains zinc, so then you're sort of supplementing the supplement.

It also has copper though

You don't need that much copper. All it takes, is you eating a bit of red meat.

If anyone here is taking lecithin, THAT is definitely what's causing the dreams.

Longtime zinc supplementer here, I know not of these "zinc dreams" but maybe all my dreams since 14 (28 now) have been zinc dreams.

I can't even spell lecithin.
The dreams are connected to taking ZMA, so it's possible that it's because of zinc, but it could also be from magnesium or B6.
The dreams are vivid, detailed, and often strange, and they're usally pretty cool to have.