How do you guys keep yourself motivated?

Started working out in spring break 2015, weighed inn at 121 lbs/55kg at roughly 5 foot 8 inches, 16 years old. I decided that I was tired of being skinny and relatively short, so since I couldn't force myself to grow taller, I decided to get swole.

Fast forward to my prime during spring break 2017, same height at 172 lbs, 18 y/o. Went from only being able to bench/squat the bar, and deadlift maybe 66 lbs to deadlifting 320 lbs for 5 reps, squatting 265 lbs for 3 reps and being able to bench 215 for 1 rep.

I spent my spring break in the poorer parts of Asia (did some charity work), and all I could think of was hitting the gym, but there were none. When I got home I tried getting into working out again but it just felt like a chore, rather than something I loved doing, also had to force myself to eat. I never had a set diet, I just ate whenever and whatever and it seemed to work, but my appetite had completely vanished.

Now I'm at 150 lbs, haven't been to the gym seriously since before spring break 2017, I usually only have breakfast and I feel stuffed throughout the whole day, I rarely eat any other meal.

So anons, how do you guys keep motivated? And have you ever experienced something similar/have any stories to share?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3XGAmPRxV48
darebee.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

its funny how you didn't mention your height after your lifting because you are still a manlet hahaha

just stop. Why the fuck would you stay motivated as a manlet? LMAO. GIVE UP.

I guess I would just try hitting the gym until it becomes habit again
Don't be dick

do not listen to him OP, 5'8'' is NOT manlet at all, you ok

I tell myself "She never loved you"

"same height" clearly mentioned.

Will try, sounds effective

I think about chad and how because of him i cant get a gf, the only thing that would make me happy.

It's alright user you didn't really have any gains in the first place, since you were DL'ing 320.

I dream of a day that I'll stop seeing these massively cringy Laker Girls Lunch Date photos

>5 foot 8 inches

Lift for perfection instead of 3DPD trash.

Other fit people is generally what keeps me motivated... like scrolling through instagram and seeing dudes with my goal body.
I think it's also really important to get into a solid routine. It's hard to make going to the gym a routine priority when other aspects of your life aren't already solid, such as housing, job/money, food, etc.

I stay motivated by reminding myself that life is a game and there really is no reason to do anything, that all pathways in life are equally valid and/or worthless, you can literally do whatever you want in life without needing to justify it to yourself or anyone else, you are just simply choosing to pursue a course of action because you would rather be doing something instead of nothing.

Have a great day.

youtube.com/watch?v=3XGAmPRxV48

I reward myself with something I really want When I reach a goal that I've set. It could be something simple or something I consider extravagant. Depends on the goal I guess.

I'm 3 inches taller but about the same weight.
I too have struggled with this problem.
Something about getting into healthy habits, doing for something long enough for it to become second nature. You gotta work at it.
If like me you lost all your gains, you gotta start from the start again.
Like being in a wheelchair for a year, you gotta lean to walk again before you can start running.
Small steps, but keep it up and keep pushing the limit of it, within reason.
Also question yourself as to how important it really is to you - how badly do you want to get big again? How high up a priority are you willing to make it?
I can post some motivational pics if you'd like, but let's each do 10 pushups, just to remind ourselves we can, (if we can't, we have an instant goal - to be able to do that.)
Then pick a workout program and see what of it you're honestly prepared to do.
We get better at the things we practice, even if we have to practice a hundred times before we get anywhere.

I forgot to add to my previous post that putting on some action music helps to mentally prepare you to do workouts.
For motivation over time, I watch workout advice youtube channels, here:
Athlean-x
Scooby1961
Scotthermanfitness
Seeing swole guys who are happy, healthy, confident and successful, not to mention built, helps - I find them inspiring and want to be like them (no homo, especially in scooby's case)

If you're struggling with 1 meal a day, you've got problems mate. Try to have 3 a day, and be physically active enough during the day to be hungry for them. Then, gradually increase portion size.
Re-reading the sticky would probably be good too.

If you go to do a workout and are distracted - maybe you have a messy room, your phone keeps buzzing with notifications, or whatever.
Then consider what you can do to get rid of/solve those distractions.
>clean your room (space to do bodyweight exercises and it unclutters your thinking space)
>switch your phone/laptop/tv off for a few hours every day.

Any questions or anything from anyone else?

Also, this

You better not have given up on this thread, OP

I suppose you need to ask yourself what you really want out of life. You want women to want you? Lifting helps.
Helps them want you, and helps you know you can ignore the shit ones, or pump n dump.

For everyone, including the guy from the linked thread, the first step is gaining knowledge of working out. Look up muscle groups and what lifts/exercises are associated with them.
Soak up everything, you'll learn over time what is clearly broscience and what is not.
Athlean-x on youtube, again is good for this.
Pick up a book or two if you can concentrate that long. On simple stuff of course the same as above.
To figure out what is best for you to do, you have to know what you want to achieve.
Then you can make your own routine.
Then you can get the body you want.

OR if you wanna be a lazy faggot or are just too impatient and want to start NOW

darebee.com/ is good for finding simple workout plans.

You're welcome.

I go whether I'm motivated or not.

Not because of "hurr durr motivation is fleeting get discipline instead", but because I know that 99% of the time even a workout I have to force myself through will still be a good one. Maybe I don't leave the gym feeling any less emotionally or physically tired, but I at least feel somewhat physically better, if that makes sense. Never had a bad pump, ya' know? For that other 1% of the time where I'm just absolutely not feeling it for whatever reason, I'll stay home or leave early, and I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

This is good and I forgot to mention it.

If you can get yourself to the gym, you'll do a workout. No point getting to the reception and going "Naaah" and heading back home - you just got there! And there's no point putting no effort in whilst you're there, so you go for it.

If you keep getting yourself to the gym itself, you'll keep working out.
A good point about not being too harsh on yourself to always be 100% with it. No need to beat yourself up and be critical of every you only manage 99% somewhat less - there will be days when it's not realistic, but try next time.

Thanks good points made there.