How come a 123 lb girl can deadlift 525 lb, but you can't?

how come a 123 lb girl can deadlift 525 lb, but you can't?

Other urls found in this thread:

strongerbyscience.com/should-you-deadlift-conventional-or-sumo/
powerliftingwatch.com/records/raw/women-world
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>sumo

This makes me doubt lifting more than doubt myself. I only diddly 4pl8 but I could definitely kick her ass

>2 inch rom

powerfats are a fucking joke. I can 5 plate dead sumo but only 4 plate conventional.

>sumo
>straps
>belt
>braaaaaaahp

meanwhile, I'm pulling raw conventional

Who says I can't. I'm a 122 lb girl and I deadlift 526 lb

why should i deadlift if i am not training for a sport?
(srs, don't have strong opinion other than i have bad flexibility, and 3pl8 felt like my palms would rip off. scraping shins/changing into pants for 1 exercise is not great either)

shes probably roiding hard

This

I don't like deadlifting and for most people it's a mechanically bad exercise to do. Also she's got years of training for it

I want to give her the lickeroo tho

This Jewish Wheyfu is on a pretty intense cycle

Why is sumo allowed? Legit question

>probably

Good for her. I don't know why so many people are so salty. She's a good deadlifter, obviously does well in powerlifting. I wish her the best in her lifting future.

Because it allows bigger numbers

Because for a 1rm most people Excel in one or the other

C O P E
O
P
E

Because I don't care about arbitrary numbers and fucking my back up. Go back to your spine-snapping deadlifts, good goy.

is this why the heaviest deadlifts are done conventionally?

>525 lb
Sure pal
>123 lb
Sure pal

But I can Deadlift 525 lbs.

She obviously can't, considering she's using straps and never stood erect with the weight.

>sure pal

I'm an 80lb male and I deadlift 700.

>girl

>her

>she

>her

>her

>she

mad because a girl deadlifts as much as him.
she's standing erect retard. get some glasses maybe?

you cant cant even feel the bar scraping the skin off your shins when you're powered by adrenaline and preworkout. If you care about the exercise enough to feel adrenaline rushing down you vains when you attempt a PR then the deadlift is for you. If not, then find something that suits you. Unless you want to powerlift, it is a unnecessary exercises for a good physique and can be replaced with many others.

>80lbs
>Can't even do 10 times bodyweight

Fucking lanklets, 90lb masterace here with a 900lb deadlift

>I don't like deadlifting and for most people it's a mechanically bad exercise to do

Wait is this a roidgurl or an actual dude

Sumo deadlifts are easier

Now that's what I call a deadlift.

Because powerlifting is a joke. Someone worked out that the technical rules didn't prohibit it, did it to reduce their ROM to make a lift easier and win a meet. People copied them. The IPF could've shut it down very fast simply by amending the rules so that the deadlift had to be performed with the arms outside the legs, but they didn't. Just like they did nothing about the increasing silliness of 3-inch ROM bench presses (another fairly easy problem to fix with a very minor rule amendment) and only stopped masturbating over squat suits because crossfit introduced a bunch of people to the sport who wanted to compete raw.

>I don't deadlift because it's bad for the back

fucking your mom was even easier

Holy shit how did he not go to snap city

ROM and LEVERS, op. use your pea sized brain.

That's cute. There is literally 70 year old men that can pull that much on CONVENTIONAL. Women are pathetic.

>you share a board full of these underage kids
Y I K E S

Yeah look at how easy sumo is.... oh wait, idiots

>Standing erect
>Hips abducted 30 degrees

Pick one.

She's also using a gimmick bar loaded with fat bumper plates specifically designed to to let her pull the first quarter of what passes for ROM before the weight actually gets off the ground.

LMAO3PLAYT conventional deadlift with metal plates on a proper bar confirmed.

but you can't? you can't even deadlift as much as 70 year old men?

why?

I want her to use me and make me her subservient bitchboy.

>same weight
>shorter distance
>less work
Science: BTFOing sC1eNc3!!1 since forever

she deadlifts 165kg for 5 in one of her posts.
you're just salty.
her 525 lbs sumo w/ straps pull is way more impressive than your weak 525 lbs deadlift

This is rather a pre-deathlift

Wouldn't more muscle activity mean it's easier dipshit? Well done on proving yourself wrong.

I can bench and OHP more than her, which is all that matters.

>girl

she probably has higher testosterone levels then me lmao

because im lazy

All this coping itt lmao

>thinking EMG studies mean anything
EMG gets used because it's available, not because its accurate. Half the time the results it shows are anatomically impossible (like no hamstring or glute involvement in squatting.)

Since your back is more horizontal in a conventional deadlift, all the muscles that stabilise the trunk HAVE to be working harder for the same reason it's harder for you to support a barbell with weights on one end when it's balanced vertically than it is when the same barbell is at a 45 degree angle. The leverage and moment force they need to act against is greater.

Sumo 'works' because it puts your body in a position where it has to overcome less leverage to lift the weight. That reduced leverage means the muscles involved don't have to work as hard. This ain't rocket surgery.

80 lbs master race reporting in all those other fatasses deserve no attention

Both are allowed in competitions, how come all the athletes don't use it?

Not using the secret barefoot technique to lift more just give up

Obviously because professional powerlifters who do every single small thing to give them an advantage and have sacrificed their health and time would still not stoop so low as widening their legs a bit. I mean just the thought of such a horrible act.

Maybe you should consider a more "Layered" diet?

some people have dignity

I`ll just leave this here strongerbyscience.com/should-you-deadlift-conventional-or-sumo/

Because I don't eat ass.
As the brofessor says: pull sumo, eat butt.

In every weight class outside of superheavyweight, the record DL was pulled sumo.

I think it’s fine, but it’s disingenuous to say that it doesn’t give an advantage.

shorter RoM brainlet

>that study
>Six cameras collected 60-Hz video data and 960-Hz electromyographic data from 13 collegiate football players who performed sumo and conventional deadlifts with and without a lifting belt, employing a 12-RM intensity.

12 rep max intensity. No wonder the results are so fucking stupid, 12RM won't demand anything like high level effort for either movement.

Not allowed in WSM, its considered cheating in the rule book

Because I'm not on heaping quantities of roids.

Fake bad form. This guy is obviously trolling.

She's like 5'3 and does sumo. Her ROM is like 2 inches. I'm much taller and pull 480 conventional with no belt and my grip is weak as fuck. I don't fucking care what she can do lol.

So if you widened your stance a little bit you'd be able to pull 4.3x your body weight and be able to set world records?

Some folks have proportions that make sumo the heavier lift, some are the opposite.

can you sumo deadlift that much?

Because she's stronger than I am. However after one month of training I can deadlift 315 so I'd imagine if I stick with it I could reach her level, current deadlift goal is 405

>pulls 480

M O G G E D

soyboys just can't compete with this real woman

Omar "the dyel" isuf recently made a video were he interviews sheiko about the issue and sheiko says the debate is ridiculous. So yeah just deadlift whatever style you prefer, its the same shit.

When someone pulls something impressive, the jelly fags always crawl out of the woodwork:

>that ROM
>Sumo
>straps
>roid
>belt
>knee wrap

etc. You fags are so fucking pathetic. Why can't you admit when somebody is stronger than you? I don't even care about this random whore, but the mental gymnastic you faggots pull EVERY FUCKING TIME is ridiculous. Are you working on yourself? Are you getting closer to your goals?

Fags.

i dont understand the fascination of dead lifts

Self-respect

Those all have a huge effect on the legitimacy of a lift. There was some Russian girl who was "benching" 140kg at age 14. She had a huge arch and still didn't bring it all the way down to her chest (genuinely moved it 2 inches), obviously had to get it unracked and reracked by someone else. Few years later when she was 17 she had to compete according to IPF rules and couldn't even get 100kg...

but i can user

Because im weak, and not a genetic outlier.

>sumo

Deadlifts are bad for you

this is a 240lb "man" who deadlifts about 20lbs more than a 123lb female, a living breathing rippetoe meme who can do nothing but squat

you exemplify cope FIGJAM and you are the worst trip in /plg/, on par with panzer, stop posting

Why would i lift any weight with that meme lift

>shorter distance
>less work

conventional dl has a longer rom but the force is applied perfectly parallel to gravity, sumo applies it on an angle which wastes a bit of energy in itself

It's the same reason super wide bench or squat isn't necessarily the best way to do it for people even though it lowers the ROM

I don't care if it's "harder" because it wastes energy, I care that it objectively accomplishes less

i'm a 1lb male and I cal deadlift 800lb get at me

diet/routine plz

>dropping the bar
technically she only did half a rep.

>b-but she's on roids so it doesn't count

the thing is guys, there are FUCKTONS of women on gear, and none (or very few) of them are pulling ridiculous weight like this while staying lean light. It's like saying "well I could be as strong as Eddie Hall or Big Z if I did steroids like them." No you fucking couldn't. When we see Eddie Hall pulling goddamn 500kg or Stefi Cohen pulling 4x bodyweight, these are incredible feats of strength that only the most genetically gifted and driven competitors can hope to achieve. They are head and shoulders above the thousands and thousands of athletes who also use steroids and train for years and never even approach these kinds of numbers.

Also Stefi is a genuine qt3.14 and a 10/10 wheyfu. C L A I M E D

I know what you are trying to convey, bit god damn you are too uneducated and dumb to articulate it properly
Hint: if the force applied to the bar was anything other than strictly vertical, the bar would travel forward or to the sides along with its upward movement

Fuck i love this board

How can I persuade Stefi to smile for me and tell me that it's going to be alright and that I'll make it?

She's on some kind of gear and has better deadlift programming than me.

Hi, OP. You don't me, but I am a regular user of Veeky Forums. I wanted to politely point out a mistake in your post. It seems you meant to post a WEBM of a deadlift, but you posted a WEBM of a sumo instead. Feel free to recreate your thread and I'll see you there!

I have never seen a strong person call sumo cheating.

I have never seen a strong person say snap city

fpbp

She's the raw world record holder for her weight class. Literally the best a woman has ever been. This lift would only merit a Wilks of 281, though, and her record is like a 260 Wilks.

powerliftingwatch.com/records/raw/women-world

>sumo