/ethnodiet/

Anons, for those interested in a serious discussion, what are your thought on adopting a diet based on your heritage? I am of Scandinavian descent (father and mothers side) and I am planning on researching traditional diets from this region and applying it. I have not heard much about this style of eating and there is not a lot of literature available online (muh raciss diet11!!) so I would like to know what you guys think.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iCQmfRMwHfA
nature.com/ejcn/journal/v56/n12/full/1601646a.html
ajcn.nutrition.org/content/71/3/682.full
nap.edu/read/11537/chapter/13
archive.is/HD6UZ
youtube.com/watch?v=yRELldIuZyM
sciencemag.org/news/2014/04/did-europeans-get-fat-neandertals
youtu.be/5mYN7h7pgyc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This is high level autism. Not eating excellent meat, fruits and vegetables because your peasant ancestors only ate bread and cheese. Retard.

>muh heritage

Diet is a tool to reach your goals. What is the goal of an ethnodiet?

You now have access to literally any possible food you could want and you want to ditch that based on what brand of cunt you were shat out of? Please explain how that makes any sense whatsoever.

There are certain medicines and treatments that are optimized for one race vs another, I believe it's safe to say one diet will benefit certain groups over others.
My goals are to avoid health problems later in life and avoid symptoms of bad diet in the short term.

No one thinks it's racist it's just retarded to limit yourself to foods your dirt poor ancestors ate just because

You're right I'm gonna go eat a cheeseburger wow thanks you totally changed my life why would anyone try to study or research anything to make life potentially better just have a snickers bro who cares you're just gonna die anyways.

>based on what brand of cunt you were shat out of
Actually it's "what brand of cunt OP's great-grandparents came from"

You should eat Köttbollar and Icecream daily to get the full benefits of eugenics. You're very intelligent OP great idea.

>Rich in protein, omega-3s and antioxidants, the Nordic diet is based on high intakes of cheap but tasty fish such as herring, mackerel, salmon and trout. Meat and fish are nearly always served with boiled potatoes and root vegetables, and the bread is dark brown and full of grains and oats

Doesn't seem that bad to me tee bee ache

Yeah, drop all the animal meat and plants from the Americas, Africa and Asia. Why not go even further and go back to the time before cultivation and stick to only the animals and fruits and fish from the 5km radius of your ancestors' village from 30000 years ago.

>ethodiet
Fucking Americans

>eksklusivt brod, salt og fisk

what did he mean by this

Blonde/blue GOMAD dude here, ethnodiet is 0% a meme

I always seem to get a ton of backlash and hate when I ask this question, wonder why. I don't see why anyone would be opposed to researching the benefits of this eating style? There's many cases of indigenous people adopting a western diet and Having major health problems Years later that were not on par with the rest of their families/tribe. seems to me there is enough evodence to do some research into it.

>boiled potatoes
Potatoes came from the New World rather recently tho

something like this, I already looked into it kinda

Almost all of our traditional foods are served with American and middle-eastern vegetables you larping amerimongrel

I'm about as pure-blooded as they come Acg ex just because you are a mixed goblin doesn't call for jealous remarks.
Fuck yeah user right up my alley. Mind if I save this ;^)

I think it's an interesting idea. Wouldn't live by it, but there's no harm getting in touch with your ancestry. Diet and genetics are certainly related too, look at lactose...

You're assuming several thing:
>You're certain of your ethnicity
Did you do some genetic analysis? Lots of folks have surprises.
>The diet of your ethnicity can be known
Archeology-Anthropology are sciences full of holes: they only know what is left to find nowadays. A lot is missing.
>The diet of your ethnicity can be replicated
If you can find a description of the diet, it doesn't mean you can replicate it. For instance, eating used to be influenced by seasons. That might mean eating one or two kind of vegetables for weeks. Also, traditional meals used to be cooked for hours. Have you the time and/or money for this?
>The diet of your ethnicity is good for you
No proof on that. Especially when 99% of any ethnic group was dirtpoor eating meat one in a blue moon.

So, to sum up, I think you're onto something: this can be a good meme for Veeky Forums and/or /pol/.

here is a newer version of mine, less information on your topic but for a different audience too. Also, I solely believe that you are an AI trying to keep me from going outside lol. Exactly the right topic to keep me on this board. I also made it in the first wave of the veganist invaders.

Go for it, I hope the diabetes culls idiots like you.

>I am of Scandinavian descent

No real reason to unless you're Native American or Samoan or something. Then doing a subsistence or traditional diet would be a good way to avoid getting obese off the the food the white man shills you.

As far as everyone else cares, avoid the "sugar jew" and enjoy the modern privilege of have far more fruit/vegetable/meat/dairy options than your ancestors did.

also to add: there are some links in this thing for the lipid processing genes, in the pastebin. A jewtube link and a research thing that explains it.

also this is also important to the topic

youtube.com/watch?v=iCQmfRMwHfA

>Also, I solely believe that you are an AI trying to keep me from going outside

>I'm about as pure-blooded as they come
lol

well what do you expect, a thread popping up right that pretty much ONLY YOU HAVE EVER THOUGHT ABOUT ON THIS WHOLE DUMB FUCKING WEBSITE POPS UP RIGHT WHEN YOU THINK ABOUT GOING TO A CLUB AND STARING AT GRILLS

I FUCKING PUT THAT NEANTHERTAL HORSESHIT FROM A NATSOC THREAD INTO THAT PASTEBIN

AND THEN USED IT AS ARGUMENTS AGAINST THE VEGANISTS, EVEN MADE IT INTO THIS PIC RELATED

FUCKING AI LET ME LEAVE

>why would anyone try to study or research anything to make life potentially better
Ah, so you performing a controlled clinical study then? I thought you were pulling things out of your ass.

>I'm about as pure-blooded as they come

>no GMO
Good luck

>scandinavia
>eating breads and cheese

is this a joke? all they fucking ate was meat and root vegetables

>You're certain of your ethnicity
My mother, father, and I have all had extensive genetic testing done.
>The diet of your ethnicity can be known
This is tough, there's historical accounts and anecdotes, obviously most diets have significantly changed in the last 200 years. My plan is to look at the staples of the traditional diet and also common micronutrients and most importantly, the average macronutrients balance (as best as I can figure)
>The diet of your ethnicity can be replicated
Also tough. See previous answer, it will be more generalities i.e. Heavy focus on fish and nuts and eggs vs all red meat pork and starchy carbs, or lean fish and rice
>The diet of your ethnicity is good for you
Not sure about this. Just gonna count on the idea that maybe a micro evolution took place over 1000+ years and really optimized our bodies to a certain way of eating.

No we did not. It would be quite literally impossible to survive on the west coast of Norway without dairy.

Ancestral diets
nature.com/ejcn/journal/v56/n12/full/1601646a.html
ajcn.nutrition.org/content/71/3/682.full

Europeans can probably digest fat better than other races
nap.edu/read/11537/chapter/13 (also a generic good read on dietary cholesterol and dieting)
archive.is/HD6UZ
youtube.com/watch?v=yRELldIuZyM
sciencemag.org/news/2014/04/did-europeans-get-fat-neandertals

here are the european race specific ones

>the japanese part on the lower panel

Literally nobody in japan is vegan, and they don't eat that healthy either.

They live off replacing meals with coffee and convenience store fried chicken, or shitty matsuya food.

They're thin because they're too busy drinking coffee and working to eat.

I'm sorry to break your dream but this is some seriously pathetic larping
No, evolution over a thousand years has virtually no impact on the digestive systems of a particular population and the scandinavians had shitty diets of mostly fish and crappy vegetables

The fact you're desperate to eat like your "ancestors" shows you have a serious identity problem since not even a Swede from the isolated northern villages would even think about doing something this retarded

that was in regards to the japanese studies being constantly used in those early veganist threads by the (crypto) kikes. Those and the seventh day adventists. They sure like to quote those, those terrible veganists. Citing on how their dietary habits, low cancer rates or whatever gay faggot shit applies to them, also must be true for us.

well this jewtube link about inflammation is quite telling, europeans are made to digest meats more. To near keto levels.

You seem to be thorough with this, good for you.

This is stupid op, the reason people use to be lacking in nutrients is because they had limited access to food groups. One thing that does make sense is looking into anything your people might be intolerant to. For example certain people may be lactose intolerant if they have a high % of native american genes.

ugh, thanks AI bot for regurgitating old fracture points.

>modern diary farms
Sure, I suppose. But OP needs to clarify whether he's talking "traditional" as in like the shit his grandparents ate as kids, or "traditional" as in "the soil sucked so fucking hard that's why the Viking invasions into Europe started"

Because those are two very different diets.

>No, evolution over a thousand years has virtually no impact on the digestive systems of a particular population

hello brainlet

itt- half breeds and mongrels jealous that they have no ethnological identity

Srs question, is soy ok if you are female? I can never find a straight answer on this.

>tfw food is so high test that Even women get mustaches and masculine features
Blaming your low test on genes west"boi"? Haha funny. Don't get mad son. Get back to eating your GMOs and """""""Organic"""""""" 30× more expensive food.

Thanks again user. I'll keep an eye out for your posts you have the same questions that I do. I'm sick of this "everyone from everywhere is exactly the same, only systematic oppression keeps certain groups down" meme.

imbalance of the different level of test/estrogen in females is still going to cause problems, probably in the form of breast cancer if you have too much estrogen.

There are some genetic intolerances, but I really wonder if the digestive system isn't generally more flexible than adn-level of evolution: gut bacteria seem to do most of the job of adaptation to food.

Eh, I like the idea. I used to be a big big fruit eater, but getting so much of your food from Africa or South America is fucking retarded when you live in the UK. I'm not opposed to it, but I have been trying to learn more about European cuisine and seasonal eating. Still a sucker for Thai food though. Pad Thai counts as traditional English food right?

>muh heritage
Fucking americans

>synthol, tren, and photoshop to prove that whipepol are inferior

Why does everyone assume I'm American? This is not strictly an American board.

Thats about it though, I do not experience many other problems. The thing with food is that its very limited, its effects are so too. Once you learn about its minerals, and macro's. It becomes kinda stale. Maybe there is more lore about specific vegetables...maybe...I dont know. But what I do know is that my family, ancestry had chicken coups, in villages, cows too...so daily egg consumption, alongside some milk...seems fairly cool. I am not sure what other problems I may encounter. In euro land for example, GMO foods are very limited, and always labelled. So I can avoid it easily.

Once in a while il use some nolvadex to see if my body odor also changes...but yea...to that other user who commented on gut bacteria being mostly responsible for that...can you use gut bacteria to easily make a negro lactose tolerant lol?

If people were really concerned with the protecting the environment they would eat diets consisting solely of locally sourced foods rather than shipping in what they eat from across the globe.

Nobody in Europe talks about muh descend and muh heritage.

>when your people are best known for pictures of starving specimen but you still want to act tough on the internet

If you were not american, you would know there is no such thing as a "scandinavian diet" and that we all had (and still have) radically different food cultures.

oh and to add: if you are really interested what other evils one can avoid: Swallow This: Serving Up the Food Industry's Darkest Secrets
by Joanna Blythman

Damn user I never really googled if I had low test cause i'm female, but now I think I might. I have a hard time keeping muscle mass, this might have something to do with it.

well yea, to some degree the hormone system is similar to that of men...just at different ranges. And normally speaking it should normalize with proper minerals and food...meaning that if you eat as op also wants to eat...you wont suddenly turn into a bulky man...usually the hormone system...when it has enough stuffs...just works well on its own. Unless its faggotlike, and you need stuff like nolvadex (dangerous in the long term)

t. pathetic american who doesn't understand his "ethnological identity" comes from a continent of mongrels and half breeds who at least have a culture his country doesn't

Scandinavians drank alot of mead, with low alcohol %.

loooots of anti-oxidants just like raw onions.

Raw onions will literally make you viking.

>tfw Irish
>ancient diet consisted mostly of milk products, bread, oats, berries, butter, onions, garlic, apples, cabbage, parsnips, seaweed
Sounds quite nice actually, I love all of that stuff

youtu.be/5mYN7h7pgyc
You might find this interesting

>all that shit being in the ancient mick's diet
I think you mean starvation and the occasional potato

Amerifag here can confirm. I've since adopted a diet similar to what one would eat in renaissance period Italy after receiving my 23and me DNA results. (mostly pasta, some poultry/fish, and dairy products, helps with GOMAD)
Honestly don't get the backlash with ethnodiets, what's wrong with celebrating your ancestor's culture?

Potatoes weren't introduced here until 1589 or so

lmao

Some african cum would be a good start for you

This map is bullshit

Why are black women shaped hour glass while white women are tree trucks? Checkm8 soyboy

I'm a Scandinavian living in Scandinavia and I guess I eat pretty old fashioned. Lot of herring and salmon. My gf makes black bread sometimes. Drink milk with most meals.

Already eating my ethnodiet because unlike you I'm not some cultureless amerimutt.

I looked at wikipedia and 37% of Americans are obese, but only 17% of Danes. So eating Scandinavian would probably be a good thing, all that nazi stuff notwithstanding

so just milk? That's the exception that proves the rule.

every culture ate basically the same shit.

So just starvation and getting cucked by the english then?

Yeah, pretty much lad

i bet she loves black bread you faggot

Still better than modern England

I'm black so that would be retarded. Already got fat by eating family's nasty "soul food", became vegetarian and instantly lost 20 pounds. I'm basically starving myself now tho >is this the African diet?

Being a larping faggot of course

Psst...people really hate that they're not white

>half southern europ and half MENA
these are the people on here who shitpost about finns not being white

>portuguese descent
>been eating the same thing they used to eat in the medieval times all my life
>skinnyfat

Wide hips = big babby brains

>/ethnodiet/
waffles fries and pizza will i make it guise

>woman has hard time keeping muscle mass

Women have low test user.

Probably talking about pre-civilized age, brainlet.

>england gets pakis
>ireland gets somalis
Pick your poison desu

>WTF YOU ARE SERIOUSLY THINKING ABOUT EATING THE FOODS THAT WOULD NATURALLY BE FOUND IN THE ENVIRONMENT YOU LIVE IN? FUCKING RETARD!!1!

>naturally found
You're cutting out potatoes, bananas, peas, tomatoes, turkey, etc. because of some issues and too much /pol/.
It's pathetic as fuck.

your ethnodiet would probably be better optimized by adopting the cuisine of Sudan instead of Italy

>only 17%

You're missing the point. Your genetic makeup have been proven time and time again to be linked with certain diets, intolerances and gene expression

Certain types of diets will FUCK YOU UP if you are not genetically programmed to handle them. You wouldn't recommend GOMAD to an asian person because he is lactose intolerant.

The same goes for many other types of food. No one should be eating the standard american diet. It is the propagation of this diet that is creating an obesity epidemic in the US and abroad. This is not only due to consuming extra calories, but is also compounded by other health issues due to gene expression caused by a shitty diet. OPs thought makes complete sense, you just get caught up in the memes

Are those essential for a healthy diet? No. Everything needed can be found from nature in your natural habitat because that's what people did before all these import products. And why is everything /pol/ to you?

>mfw genetic test said 99.9% Central Yuropbeaner
>mfw 0.1% Ashkenazi

Where do I apply for my Holocaust reparations?

Easiest way to get your heritage checked?

>pic

as Swedish as they get