Thoughts on Jump rope? I jump rope every workout. Is there a good type of rope?

Thoughts on Jump rope? I jump rope every workout. Is there a good type of rope?

Other urls found in this thread:

buddyleejumpropes.com
youtube.com/watch?v=5MfhJjbNNJE
youtube.com/watch?v=XNZddfa9l1U
buyjumpropes.net/championship-long-handle-freestyle-jump-rope/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bamp been looking to add jump rope to cardio

>Thoughts on Jump rope?
Literally one of my favorite workout of all time, have fun trying to do simple tricks like double unders and criss-cross at speeds

>Is there a good type of rope?
Get anything cheap will do. I prefer no bearing as they will rust, also do note that some ropes will snap at the side due to friction of the flick. This effects most ropes despite the prices.

>i own 5 ropes

why haven't you added it yet user? Its great workout to build calves. I have sexy calves now and I don't even do leg day.

buddyleejumpropes.com

Not OP but what do you think about those steel ropes? Have a plastic one right now that I use outside and it's almost worn out after a few months.

For how much time do you guys jump rope? I'm thinking about incorporating this in my rest days for the cardio gains, how do I go about it? 10 min is enough?

>is there a good type of rope?
only this one

bump for interest

Use it on yourself fatty.

I do a 5 minute jog before and after and then do HIIT doubles on my off days

I do 10 minutes after I finish my workout or whenever my legs give up.

ye its good
all these people buying hundreds of dollars of cardio equipment but havent tried a fukin rope.

Jumping jacks seem like the better option, jump rope just seems bad for the ankles.

Jump ropes are great and one of the best cardios you can do. I have a weighted rope because I heard it tones your arms at the same time.

This guy knows wassup.

Leather are the best and manliest jump ropes there are; they're strong, will last forever and they're cool looking.
PVC jump ropes are the hipster numales soyboy choice, you can only use them inside, a fart after stench will last longer than a pvc jump rope and are more expensive because they have like, counters for jumps as if you were an idiot that can't count and dumb shit like compartments to add sand and shit.

look at this shit, non slip rubber so your sissy hands don't slip and easy hold desing so you don't hurt you faggy limp wrists.

Just get a regular rope, weighted ropes are slow as fuck which makes double unders etc harder to pull off.

And now look at this.
Wood handles and a leather rope. Simple. For the real man that doesn't need crutches.

>PVC
Never heard of it. I just go to big 5 and buy the 20 buck speed ropes.

Leather is a shitty material for a jump rope, heavy and a pain in the ass to change tempo quickly.

Plus if you're training barefoot (Muay thai etc) it's unnecessary pain when it catches you.

I like them because they're heavy but still lighter than steel wire jump ropes, pvc feels floaty.

>Is there a good type of rope?
Only one

I'm a big advocate for cable jump ropes, they don't feel heavy to me but maybe I got lucky with the model I use.

I don't get this meme. You want to die?

They're too stiff for my liking.

how do I stop my rope from tangling?

it's my favorite form of cardio. once you learn a few patterns and can sort of freestyle for minutes at a time, it gets stupidly entertaining.

i just use a shitty, plastic one i stole from my old gym. i've used the really thin fishing line-type ones, and they fuck me up. i like a little weight to mine.

speed: i've gotten the greatest speed (so best agility training) with cheap, narrow, plastic jumping ropes; not vinyl, plastic jumping ropes with a hallow inside.

resistance: i've got the greatest resistance training with weighted jumping ropes. i actually ducktaped some handweights to the handles of an already weighted jumping rope for increased weight -- this had minimal impact on my grip, and overall use of the jumping rope. however, the rope itself was thicc and dense but not heavy, so this may have added to the resistance felt (less aerodynamic) when jumping rope with it.

quality: generally leather is the best, then as far as i know plastic, then threaded (made out of some fabric like cotton or nylon, think of jumping ropes for kids), then vinyl.

pro-tip: jumping ropes don't last long if you don't take care of them so don't get jumping ropes that aren't worth the maintenance

>bearing is generally better as lets the actual rope rotate more freely perhaps with less chance of becoming tangled, and can allow the rope to rotate with the handle wearing the rope down (look at how the rope goes into the handle, if the rope touches the circumference of the handle, then the handle will wear the rope down). never had a problem with rust, maybe because the actual rope usually wears out before the bearings do

>correction
>bearing is generally better ... and can allow the rope to rotate withOUT wearing the rope down ...

hmm idk user. Running has always been pretty meditative for me so I just stuck to that. the thought never occurred to me til recently. just read up a bit on it and it looks to be a great full body burn that’s more intense than running. think ill go buy a rope.

Jump rope burns more than running.

Post your rope.

This. Its much more funner and doesn't take much time to burn off calories like running.

When I was a kid my mom got me a jump rope. It has a thick braided cord a heavy one. O would jump rope miles and I mean miles everyday. The school had a jump rope marathon as a fundraiser or something and I won. I now cant jump rope to save my life and I can't find that style rope anywhere. Help me find one plz no plastic no nu-ropes eithet

Go to Big 5

got a jump rope recently but haven't used it yet as I'd rather go to the gym and do some oly technique work with the bar which is pretty much the same jumping around shit, or go for a walk

Might as well return since you hate jumping.

i unpacked it and will try soon don't worry m8

Daily reminder Jump roping can be fun if you tried it.

youtube.com/watch?v=5MfhJjbNNJE

>Buy jump rope
>Can hardly get 3 jumps in a row before fucking up
>Tired after 2 minutes

It's the one form of exercise that triggers my autism. I feel like I'm retarded when I try it.

Go slower if you can't do it constantly. I listen to the rope hitting the floor to start jumping again.

youtube.com/watch?v=XNZddfa9l1U

>zen dude mindset

>tfw in zen dude mindset

Do you know the feel user? its great.

bump

I started jumping just about a year ago, and when I started, I was the same. Couldn't get more than a few turns in before tripping up. When I finally could jump for 30 seconds I needed 2 min of rest to recover.

My current workout is 10min practice (non intense session to work on new skills while fresh) followed by 6 2:30 rounds with 0:25 rest in between. (Goal is 6x3:00 and then more intense interval training).

Here's what you need to do, you need to practice, *every day* without any intention of getting a significant cardio workout. Set a timer for 10 minutes and just practice the skill of turning the rope. Rest as much as you need within that 10 minutes. Eventually, as you practice, you will find yourself being able to jump without tripping up until you are winded.

Once you have the basic skill to jump for 60 seconds or so, then start jumping for timed rounds. I started with 3 x 1:00 rounds, 3 times a week, and each week increased the round number. Once I got to 9 rounds, I switched to 6 x 1:30 rounds. Same amount of jumping, but less resting. From there I added time to each round as I could.

>Double Unders
>simple tricks

Dude, I know Crossfit is a meme and all this shit, but double unders for actual reps is GOAT niche accessory movement. Once you're good, it's good cardio. But always it is good wrist and calf workout.

>i own 5 ropes
What rope style do you like? I got this cheap one and it's the best rope I've used

buyjumpropes.net/championship-long-handle-freestyle-jump-rope/

I bought a backup and several replacement pvc cords for when the rope eventually breaks.

they get tangled?

Being edgy is "cool"