Is Rest Day Necessary?

Is rest day necessary? Can you workout 7 days a week if you sleep 10 hours a day and eat well?

I mean, you can, no one is stopping you. You just won't get good gainz.

YES!!! There's a guy at my gym, older, been lifting for years, lifts 7 days a week, twice a week, and was rushed to the er...come to find out, he got Rhabdomyolisis....where you work the muscles so much they start to deteriorate and destroy themselves..poor dude had renal kidney failure and was/Is still out..Dr told him to lift 3-4 days a week at his age no more!!! Think he's in his 60's

So yes....rest is important!!!!

Rest days are mostly a meme.
Guarantee you're trolls or DYEL.

Ideally, I generally like to have 1 -2 rest days a week, mostly for mental relaxation, but you could definitely do it 7 days a week. I do full body workouts each time, and oly lifts. Squat 3 times a week too.

Is 30 min cardio okay on rest days?

Dudes strong as hell...405 squat 10 reps...freaking animal...no gear, he's totally against gear!!! Said he had a friend back in the day get screwed up on gear...fake shit!!!

You type like an absolute faggot, none of this "!!!" "..." "Er" business, you're not roleplaying a 12 year old from 2007.

Not only rest days but light days and deload weeks. It becomes even more important as your training progresses.

Or you could take steroids.

It depends what you're trying to do. When I was in football they would have us legit taking naps. Pros sleep a ton when they're conditioning for seasons, but this is probably just to accelerate them gaining mass?

Fuck off with that bitter shit guy that's what exclamation points are for. Girls also find it cute interestingly enough. Let loose.

GOOD ONE..I might type like a factor, but I will gladly show you role-playing like 12 year old since I just returned from my 3rd tour Afghanistan...you fucking mouth!!!

Yes you can workout 7 days a week. 1 rest day is not enough time for joints and tendons to heal. What you should be doing are 1-2 week weeks deloads when your jonts start to feel like shit.

A fact that is quite well established in pretty much any actual book on strength training, but somehow completely unknown to most regular gym-goers, is that training load must fluctuate throughout the week (Load = how tough a given workout is, basically).

The higher the load is on some days, the lower it must be on others. High/low are relative terms here, of course. What's a high load for one guy may be a low load for the other guy.
This means that if you have really tough days, you should also have fairly easy days. A day completely off from training is a simple way to automatically accomplish this.

On a related note, this also means that if you want to train every day - which is doable - you should make sure that some days are harder and some are easier, rather than try to fit roughly the same amount of work into each day. Unless every day is easy, in which case it won't matter.

Depends on goals. Low volume workouts can be done if the volume is controlled and kept to a minimum eg Bulgarian method for strength. If you're doing bodybuilding or hypertrophy blocks for PL or something similar that necessitates more volume, you're going to need at least one day of rest a day, even with perfect diet and sleep, to avoid systemic fatigue wearing you down. Same goes for deloads every 4-6 weeks with this style of training.

So yes or no, depending on your program.

*A week

Yes. Its great for recovery.

i'm not even the guy you are replying to but i hate you so goddamn much

Piss off. Who gives a shit if you don't like the way someone types.

>actually caring about this

er is short for emergency room you utter brainlet

It's relative to your workout load. I plan on working out everyday, but life creates it's own rest days (i.e. car breaks down, friend needs help, family emergency, etc.). I also listen to my body and have a light lifting day, long stretching session, or a walk outside for a workout when I feel beaten up.

Not necessary if you do it right don't go full 100 per cent 7 days a week a "rest" day could be a swim or a run, I box 4 days a week and lift 3 just have a weeks rest every couple of months

If your training is walking for 10 minutes, can you work out every day?

So what, you're just going to shoot yourself?

What do you get by misleading people...rest days are required for growth...studies have shown that those who rest showed more significant growth, full body everyday and your joints and tendons are fuked long term

Saturday (chest and triceps)

Dumbbell bench press 5 sets x 10
flies 5 sets of 10
swiss ball dumbbell overhead extensions 5 sets x 12

sunday (back and biceps)

Bent over row 5 sets x 10 shrugs
shrugs
seated row 5 sets x 10
hammer curl 5 sets x 10
alternating dumbbell curls 5 sets of 10

Monday (shoulders and legs)
arnold press 5 sets of 10
side lat raises 5 x 10
overhead dumbbell press 5 sets x 10
Squats

tuesday rest day

wednesday (shoulders and legs)
arnold press 5 sets of 10
side lat raises 5 x 10
overhead dumbbell press 5 sets x 10
Squats

Thursday (Chest and triceps )
Dumbbell bench press 5 sets x 10
flies 5 sets of 10
swiss ball dumbbell overhead extensions 5 sets x 12

Friday (Back and bicep)
Bent over row 5 sets x 10
shrugs
seated row 5 sets x 10
hammer curl 5 sets x 10
alternating dumbbell curls 5 sets of 10

Shit is my new routine too much then? I've been trying to find ways of condensing it but I don't know how. I'm about to start bulking