>9 reps only for maxxx gainz
Whats the ideal rep range for gainz?
Is it true

Other urls found in this thread:

strongerbyscience.com/hypertrophy-range-fact-fiction/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

6.5 for undefined gains brah

yeah man it is true
The did a study last december showing that 9 reps has the same strength specificity as 3 reps and nearly double the mass gains.

1-5 for strength
8-12 for hypertrophy
6-7 do nothing at all

I don't know. I just know for compound lifts I like to go between 5 and 10 reps for 4 to 6 sets, and for isolation lifts I like to go 8 to 15 reps for 2 to 4 sets.

This u actually hurt yourself doing 7.

Be careful when doing 13 sets. If by mistake you do 13, you'll be doing cardio and losing your gains.

Oh great, so the decades old standard of sets of ten was almost optimal all along. It's what I always felt was most natural. Fuck ripple toes.

what retardation is that thing on the 6th rep
can you guys find a ''study'' thats not a meme for once

So how many sets is it supposed to be 3x9? Or is is something else?

I do 6.5 reps for negative gains
my lats collapsed into nonexistence then started filling up with interdimensional void

op, you gotta be careful with that image, it's too convincing

>mfw Candy toe's program calls for 6 rep sets
>mfw I make gains on it

Link the original study. What 1RM %? Do # of sets matter?

I figure if they are dumb enough to believe it they deserve not knowing the true secret to hypertrophy to be 6-7 reps.

>somebody actually spent time making this look legit

1-5 for strength
8-12 for hypertrophy
15+ for endurance

enjoy. i'm off to get drunk and jack off.

Never aim for 8 though, always go 9
If you fail last rep at 8, you have done 7, making the whole set worthless

I have a shoulder injury and have to to 20+reps until my injury heals. Are reps these high totally useless, or is it still better than not lifting at all?

This is of the highest tier bait you deserve a (you)

10-15

underrated

placebo

If I underestimate the weight, and could still do one or more after 12, should I? Or is it cardio and I lose my gains from that set?

You'll turn into a trap if you do more than 12 reps.

Pls respond

>doing 9 reps gives you the same strength gains as 3
are you retarded?

strength: 3x3, 5min rest
hypertrophy: 4x10, 60-90sec rest
hybrid: 6x6, 3min rest

prove me wrong faggots

this
theres countless studies showing that between the 6 and 8 rep range the muscle nuclei deposits get completely deactivated
if you stop at 7 reps youre basically fucked

These studies all fail to take into account that people who have never lifted before respond in basically the same way to any loading at all. That scales with volume, but only for a very short period of time.

As someone who has competed in powerlifting and bodybuilding - rep ranges are a meme in general. Number of hard working sets, and increased volume over time is what matters most.

I saw massive size gains doing shit like 12 sets of 2 deadlifts (coaching through RTS with Mike T). And after a high rep phase of benching in my training my bench jumped from 420 to 440.

You want lower rep ranges if you're approaching a powerlifting meet since lifting for one rep is a skill you need to practice and lower rep ranges for your competition lifts means higher specificity. Further away from competition you can do whatever though.

You might want to train higher rep ranges as a bodybuilder since it's more convenient for getting volume in for a lot of people, and you're not sacrificing a lot of your fatigue load training close to your 1rm which isn't relevant to your sport. Approaching competition everything is about diet though.

strongerbyscience.com/hypertrophy-range-fact-fiction/

>Ivysaur has me doing 4 reps, sometimes 8

Man what the fuck, is this a bullshit program

shit program

>no accessories
>bench before ohp every time

minimalist bullshit

>but it looks pretty

go do you 30 day squat challenge hoe

I'm no female my dude

i knew there was something weird about no accessories, I'll add some shit.

Why is benching before OHP a bad thing? I guess I could tweak it and alternate.

progressive overload

just pretend you are struggling and stop at 12. not worth the risk

I was memeing a little bit, I just know that people can be biased toward minimalist programs because "muh minimalism".

I guess it depends on your training philosophy but I believe accessories are important for injury prevention: rear delts, lower back, abs, building strong arms through bicep/tricep isolation, etc. It takes little time and helps a lot with both gains and injury prevention.

If you always bench before OHP then OHP get the back seat, even though it (in my opinion) should have *at least* equal priority to the bench press. Why? OHP is alpha as fuck + good for shoulder health + best exercise to build shoulders which makes you look alpha as fuck.

Yeah I'm really paranoid bt shoulder health because I've seen my buddies rotator cuff get fucked during wrestling.

What drew me to Ivsyaur was this pic really, I thought that just compounds would be sufficient.

OHP is definitely my favorite(and weakest) lift. I can't wait to hit 1pl8.

All being said, don't trust me blindly. Do you own research. I'm all for trying out different programs
to see what works well for you. In any case, doing "pre-hab" exercises is underrated and often overlooked.

Good to go. Yeah I definitely agree with pre-hab, I'm getting ready for mil so I want to avoid creating bad habits that will step on my dick later on

Should be giving the real advice, like pic related