I saw the /fast/ threads and watched/read the material in the OP. I was pretty curious about it, but then

I saw the /fast/ threads and watched/read the material in the OP. I was pretty curious about it, but then...

>decide to read posts in thread
>one of the first things I read is user telling someone he should stop taking prescribed medication during his fast because of the pharma jew

lol, almost fell for your cult meme there for a second.
>fastards BTFO

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5064803/
reddit.com/r/fasting/comments/573gkb/just_completed_a_77_day_fast_ama/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27569118
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

7 days in. Dropping weight. I think I'll have to fast for 5 more days to have a 6-pack. Maybe.

So, you were kinda agreeing with the material but saw some retard saying that and decided to not believe the material anymore?

Imagine actually thinking not eating food is healthy

>one guy in a thread says something retarded
>thus the entire thread is retarded
I mean I get where you are coming from but there are retards in every thread on Veeky Forums.

What's your weight and height

6'5''. Started the fast weighing around 220lbs.

Meant for:

>supposedly read the OP which features a bunch of peer-reviewed studies that had have their information critically reviewed by panels of scientists for publication.

>dismisses all of it because of one guy (hell taking meds on a empty stomach might actually be bad as it could irritate the stomach lining)

What kind of retard thinks like that?

Fasting is objectively the fastest way to burn fat, there are many studies to prove this, even alternate day fasting is better than low kcal diets for maintaining muscle, studies consistently found that there were similar amounts of weight loss between the two diets but there were differing ratios of fat/muscle loss.

Why do these retards call it a cult and yet they probably haven't researched the topic at all, when I did my 43 day fast (262lb-198lb) and currently 11 days into another water fast, I didn't just do it without studying the subject, I reviewed virtually every study conducted into fasting over the last 50 years.

Ignorant dumbasses who lack the ability to make their informed decisions on fasting shouldn't be trying to fast, it can be dangerous if done incorrectly.

Imagine humanity existing for thousands of years where they couldn't just walk to the fridge and get themselves a snack, but had to at times go days without eating until they secured their next meal.

Peer-reviewed studies? The 'evidence' mainly comes from a YouTuber who used to work in HR (What I've Learned), a flaming homosexual ('Snake Man') and a chubby nephrologist who tries to pass of computer simulations of fasting as actual experimental proof (Jason Fung).

Not saying fasting doesn't work but the 'research' posted in the OP of all the /fast/ threads aren't exactly the paragon of scientific rigor desu.

Fasting is a real thing, it's working with me at least.

>a flaming homosexual

Hey, scoobs is also a homo and you don't see anyone questioning him.

Homosexuality aside, Snake Man just comes off as a complete retard who just hopped on a meme bandwagon.

I want to drop 50 lbs, you think alternate-day fasting or that Thomas Delauer program is good?

>NO PROGRESS PICS EVER
>MUH SCIENCE IT WORKS
>NO BODYBUILDER DOING IT
>BECAUSE ITS NOT MAINSTREAM ENOUGH, WE HAVE THE MAGIC ANSWER FOR BEING RIPPED YOU GUYS JUST WATCH

just rename it to /lazyfat/ because most people there are obese that literally never lift, also that guy from snake something is on that thread all the fucking time shilling stuff while asking for "donations" on his facebook group.
just another thread to hide and move along nowadays

>one of the first things I read is user telling someone he should stop taking prescribed medication during his fast because of the pharma jew
Link that post please.

Their whole thread is retarded.

There's three kinds of people on those threads: anorexics concerned about staying sticcmode, landwhales concerned about muh abs, and people mocking them for being retarded.
Its main appeal is to ultra-fatties, who fast for a few days, see they're dropping weight quickly, and think they'll be able to keep it up for an extended period of time. Then they inevitably fail, and if (low chance honestly) they manage to lose any weight at all, it's about the same they'd have achieved with a standard caloric deficit and exercise.
Try arguing with them, they'll just shitpost you out of their thread, dismiss your points with "muh based snake man says you're wrong" or flat out ignore them.
Speaking of snake man, he's literally some random poof on goytube pulling videos out of his ass about how you can lose all your fat with this one simple trick doctors don't want you to know.

Seriously, the only person who's posted """progress""" pictures is a skinnyfat kid that is now slightly less fat.

tldr:
>fasting is legit if you're super fat, but you'll feel like shit, your lifts and muscle mass will go to shit. It is not sustainable for any length of time if you're not a landwhale
>/fast/ is a fucking joke

>le superior reddit tier reply

Why do you care about muscles if you're obese with no gains? Why theres almost zero logs on bodybuilding forums about people trying to get lean using prolonged fasting if its so great?

All those strawmen.

>one simple trick doctors don't want you to know.
Literally the entire thread in a few words.
Its so much easier to believe you found that simple trick that actually putting hard work to see results, jesus christ.

>hasn't even tried to research the topic himself by looking at the past 50 years of studies done in fasting yet demonises it like the ignorant retard he is
>muh science lame reply because he has no basis in his argument
>people dont post progress pics so it must be fake even though plenty of studies to support fasting alongside hundreds of progress pics on r/fasting/
>'no bodybuilder doing it' again, if you had bothered to google bodybuilders fasting, you would find plenty of people who fast intermittently and lift, but instead you show how much of a ignorant retard you are.

Honestly, you just highlight how much of an asinine tool when you post without having the basic ability to google your own fucking arguments; do not breed bro.

Source.

What hard world would that be. Good thing such stuff never happened and it's not in our deep-rooted nature to survive like that.

I mean, it does work if you're super fat and are ok with losing two thirds of your muscle mass.

>losing two thirds of your muscle mass
Source.

hmmmm i wonder why average lifespan went from ~30 during prehistoric times to ~60 during the middle ages to ~80 right now

>what is medicine
>what is infant mortality
>what is geriatrics
>what is lack of war

actually i was obese when i started fasting back in september, i went from 262lb to 198lb on a 43 day fast, im on my 2nd fast 10 days in and i'm down to 188 pounds, if you had researched the topic before posting, you would realise prolonged fasting is most effective with a higher body fat percentage, intermittent fasting can be done with bodybuilding and some bodybuilders do IF.

>muh i have no argument so im just gonna call you plebbit because im a retard durrr hurrrr

kys

everything you posted about fasting is wrong, low kcals max out at around 2-3 pounds per week, you can achieve 7-10 pounds a week on a fast, people probably link you to snakemans videos (personally don't like the guy) because he uses studies to back up the information in his videos and its a easy to consume format for retards like you who apparently don't want to research the topic themselves.

try less strawman arguments/parroting meme replies, if you're gonna criticize something, atleast take the time to educate yourself on the topic so you don't make yourself look like an ignorant retard.

post pics
and quit r*ddit spacing you fucking faggot

you lose 30-40g for the first few days, which rapidly decreases to around 15-20g of protein per day, this is not all functional muscle either, this also only occurs on a prolonged water fast, alternate day fasting is superior for maintaining muscle vs a low kcal diet when losing weight.

lol what kind of reasoning is this? theres a plethora of reasons why lifespan has increased, not to mention infant mortality/pregnancy deaths that lowered the average lifespan pretty significantly.

im not posting pics to appease some retard on the internet, the only progress pictures i did were face pics to my friends/family as the fast went on.

again theres plenty of videos and anacedotal evidence on fasting forums/subreddits, go take the time to look at it.

>you lose 30-40g for the first few days
>this also only occurs on a prolonged water fast
huh?
>this is not all functional muscle either
huh?
>alternate day fasting is superior for maintaining muscle vs a low kcal diet when losing weight.
then why isn't everyone doing it?

>make claim that goes against current non-meme knowledge (maintaining muscle mass while dropping weight quickly)
>asked for proof
>no ur retarded just go on r*ddit lol
really activates my almonds

>then why isn't everyone doing it?
>when you make an argument from popularity even though the vast majority of people are unfit if not outright morbidly obese because you're retarded and can't find actual arguments against fasting

>asked for proof
Here: ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5064803/
But let's be honest for a second, what you were asking for was yet another direction you could take this conversation without actually having to come up with arguments.

>even though the vast majority of people are unfit if not outright morbidly obese
We're talking about bobybuilders and keeping muscle mass, obviously what "everyone" means was implied

>16/8 IF
That's not what we're talking about. Try again?

Then the answer to your question is because people like you refuse to look at the evidence, like this study Not eating isn't as much fun as eating is and babby needs constant oral stimulation.

You're asking for anecdotal evidence while refusing to fast yourself, which I'm sure even you can see is retarded as fuck.

>That's not what we're talking about.
>intermittent fasting can be done with bodybuilding and some bodybuilders do IF.

user, people start dismiss you not because they're not willing to discuss this but because you make it pretty clear that you're a dishonest fuck not interested in a discussion.

Still waiting for OP to link to the post he claims he saw by the way. Anti-fasting shills seem to share this disgusting characteristic.

Fasting isn't about building muscle, it might spare it, or have minimal loss. I don't even think prolonged fasts are a good idea for someone with enough lean mass and low bodyfat, do trf/omad/whatever. Now a lot of people say there are autophagy/health/skin benefits but in this case you fatten yourself up on purpose before fasting.

Literally fatty logic
>muh thin people cult
t. you

basically everyone is anti-fasting for some fucked up reason. If you say you fast for religious reasons people won't say shit, but if you say you're doing it for health/weight lose suddenly they know everything about why you shouldn't be doing it.

Look he really thinks he's better than everyone else because he lost weight using his one magic trick supported by hypothesis and rat models.

>restricted feeding time while maintaining calorie intake fucks with your hormones in a positive way
We've known this for quite a while, I don't contest that, that's not what we're taking about, and that's not what most of /fast/ is about. We're talking about
>you can maintain (most) muscle mass while fasting for a long time

Why don't you show us how you kept most of your muscle mass while fasting? What are you scared of, being told your mirror is dirty?

>it might spare it, or have minimal loss
Proofs?
>inb4 you long to the same IF study

>you would realise prolonged fasting is most effective with a higher body fat percentage
Source? Pretty sure fags on /fast/ says its 4% when you start "eating muscle".
Dont try to compare 16 hours to fasting to 160 days its not the same thing, fags on /fast/ also says that 16/8 fast is not real fasting because you get almost no benefits from autophagy and HGH. So why are you bringing it up here?

So you mad that I lost weight faster than you/you are buttblasted that you broke your fast

2nd user here, I'm not spoonfeeding ignorant retards on the internet who criticize something without researching the subject.

I fail to see where I've been dishonest, I've been very successful with weight loss via water fasting, people typically lose 1-1.5 pounds per day on a fast, evident in many anaecodotal cases, my own case (60 pounds in 43 days, about 1.33lb a day) / reddit.com/r/fasting/comments/573gkb/just_completed_a_77_day_fast_ama/ (114 pounds in 77 days, again around 1.3-1.4 pounds a day)

As for my alternate day fasting statement, there are studies like ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27569118 that support my statement of ADF being better for muscle maintenance than low kcal diets, in the results found 'there were no significant differences in weight regain; however, changes from baseline in % fat mass and lean mass were more favorable in ADF.'

I'm tired of responding to strawman arguments from people who don't have a coherent argument, do not call me dishonest.

>Why don't you show us how you kept most of your muscle mass while fasting?
Because of Just back up your claim that you lose 2/3 of your muscle mass if you're willing to discuss this, or fuck off.

What? I was never obese in the first place lol

Try reading the context

you are in an obvious troll thread, expect to be baited

Are you new? You think theres only one person replying or what? That guy who said 2/3 of muscle is probably not even on the thread anymore.

>Why don't you show it worked for you
>Because I posted this unrelated study
You're not too bright, huh?

more strawman arguments that ignores human studies (some of which have covered up to 21 and 30 day fasts) and just resorts to ad hominem attacks, you only highlight your ignorance of the subject matter.

>You're not too bright, huh?
There's 2 parts to the post I linked and you couldn't figure out that the relevant one was the one that actually answers your question?

>haha I-I was never
>obese
GO FUCK OFF FAT FUCK

I'm still interested as why there are absolutely no logs of people below 30% bf doing 3+ days of fasting.
Fucking lazy obese people ruining my board

go on the internet fatty

>I'm still interested as why there are absolutely no logs of people below 30% bf doing 3+ days of fasting.
The snake guy would be one.

you replied to the wrong person or are you retarded?

Look how the fastFUDer uses the word ‘obese’.
Look at this fatty and laugh.

again, where was i being dishonest?

yeah i'm about done posting in this thread, most of the people are just resorting to ad hominem attacks and have no basis for their statements.

It's pointless arguing with them.

it didn't

average lifespan decreased dramatically after hunter/gatherers transitioned into "agricultural revolution" and thus consuming a bunch of a the same thing everyday

>them
Its literally one landwhale.

>literal retard detected
Both my skinnyfat brother in law and 60year old fat dad did a waterfast for 15 days and they both lost 30 pounds. The next time I saw my dad he looked 20 years younger. His skin was totally different, he had muscle tone, he had energy, he had a glint in his eye like he was young again. Like everything with this place, things get overly memed and shilled but that doesn't mean they're not legitimate.
>t. 6'5" 231lb skinnyfat 1/2/2.5/3.5 lanklet starting a 72 hour snakejuice fast tomorrow.

>again, where was i being dishonest?
Nowhere, which is why I didn't call you dishonest - which you could've easily figured out by reading the context.
I was just reminding the retard that we were indeed talking about IF for bodybuilding.

The first part was in response to the exact same thing (showing it worked for you), and the second part is essentially "because ur retarded lol". You won't post proof it worked for you because I'm retarded? Surely at least everyone else will agree with you, if you show us it worked? What are you scared of?

>hes gay

then reply me

>REEE CULT REEE
>hey goy take my supplements

Intermittent fasting is fucking amazing for weight loss

‘nuh its not show me your body and your scientific study.’

IF and prolonged fasting is not the same thing, we were shitting on prolonged fasting progress/studies and you decided to bring up 16 /8 fasts as proof of anything. I'm 100% sure /fast/fags literally laugh when someone brings up 16/8 fasts but now it seems fitting to use studies about it? hmmmmmm

>reddit.com/r/fasting/comments/573gkb/just_completed_a_77_day_fast_ama/
And you're saying this guy didn't lose much muscle mass?
>As for my alternate day fasting statement, there are studies like ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27569118 that support my statement of ADF being better for muscle maintenance than low kcal diets
That study was done on fatties, not bodybuilders/athletes
>I'm tired of responding to strawman arguments from people who don't have a coherent argument, do not call me dishonest.
boo hoo, muh persecution

>Both my skinnyfat brother in law and 60year old fat dad did a waterfast for 15 days and they both lost 30 pounds. The next time I saw my dad he looked 20 years younger. His skin was totally different, he had muscle tone, he had energy, he had a glint in his eye like he was young again.
Yes, of course they lost weight. Nobody is contesting that.
>>t. 6'5" 231lb skinnyfat 1/2/2.5/3.5
>this is who you're arguing with on Veeky Forums

You're just making things up now. Pathetic.

He won't, not with a proper argument. He'll just call you retarded and post a study about something entirely different.

>this is who you're arguing with on Veeky Forums
404 argument not found

fasting works but /fast/ is a bit of a cult. it wasn't so bad when it started out though. lot of good studies were posted. but now they worship snake man and "muh snake juice" is honestly the most cancerous thing about /fast/.

basically, do some reading, ignore most of what /fast/ has to say.

>makes statements that have no basis
>still doesnt post anything to back up his 'argument'

not even responding to you anymore, you're obviously a troll lol.

Agreed.
You know what happened, right? Fucking snakeman ruined everything, I don't understand why he just doesnt start tripping already.
There was a time you could even identify his posts because it was so fucking obvious. How the fuck did he find Veeky Forums i wonder

not the guy but what was the argument again? you have been replying the same thing about arguments that i lost track of things

>my shitposts have been called out as such several times by several people, better pretend I'm right and they are actually shitposting
shoo shoo redditman, back to your circlejerk

Great argument, as were the others before

>HEY GUIS THIS TOTALLY WORKS TRUST ME I FASTED FOR 6 WEEKS AND FROPPED OVER 60 LBS AND I'M FASTING AGAIN AND DROPPING MORE

>Ok then, show us the proof

>HURR DURR I DON'T NEED TO APPEASE PEOPLE ON THIS ANONYMOUS FORUM WHERE I CAN STATE FACTS AS I PLEASE WITH NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER YOU SHOULD JUST BELIEVE ME THAT I'M TELLING THE TRUTH CAUSE EVEN THOUGH I WONT POST PICS, I'M TOTALLY SOMEONE WHO HAS SUCCESSFULLY FASTED FOR A LONG PERIOD OF TIME

>STILL NO PROOF THO

>the absolute state of /fast/

Fasting has marginal benefits in almost every facet. What it really comes down to is being a very easy way to manage CICO, which is why it works. Normans just don't realize this.