Getting Enough Calories

So as of roughly a month ago I started working out with the intention of gaining muscle and toning myself. I've always been a rather skinny dude, so weight loss is almost entirely off the radar for me. I feel like I've been doing good, feeling sore but not too sore and recovering at a reasonable pace with spaced out workouts, however I am extremely concerned about calorie intake.

I am recommended 2250 calories per day as the guidelines, however that seems like an insane amount to me. I just don't get hungry enough, and I still try to supplement with protein powder but I'm not really sure it's enough. I would appreciate feedback, because I feel like forcing myself to eat when I'm not hungry will ultimately make me sick.

Any other skelebros been through this ringer and have some suggestions. Again I still feel like I'm gaining small amounts of muscle mass but have no idea, because according to recommended calorie intakes I shouldn't be.

Seriously? 2250 cals a day is fucking normal for someone athletic. When I was skinny I was trying to eat near 3000 while on a budget which is a struggle if you're eating clean. If meals are a problem, why don't you learn to make a 1000+ calorie shake that you'll just have in the morning, and eat the rest of the calories for lunch/dinner? Also, forcing yourself to eat is needed. Your stomach has to get used to it and expand. Competitive eaters drink gallons of water and throw it up to gear their stomach for eating, for example. The more you work out, the more your body will want those cals. If you believe in the whole ectomorph thing, worry about gaining mass more than fat/muscle etc. because dropping weight should be easy for you.

You won't make it like that, friend.
Eat more calorie dense meals if you have to. If you can't get down 2000 kcal a day with EASE, you are not meant to et big and never will. I'm nt trying to be an ass here, you just wont.

I 100% believe the ectomorph thing. I eat 3 times as much as my wife and her weight is steady at roughly 200 (5'4") pounds and I have never been heavier than I am now at 160 (6').

>200 pounds
>5'4
Jeez Louise

I think I just need to get back to eating a lot. As a teenager, I ate quite a lot and easily exceeded that amount but as a college kid who for a while was on a restricted budget it kind of took away my taste for consuming a lot. I feel like I just need to work back up to it.

I started out slightly skinnyfat, and I've been lifting "casually" for a few years now. Believe me, as you make your body work it will beg you for those calories. If I don't eat enough in a day I feel like trash, lightheaded and shit. Before I was one of those "eat twice a day, I'm good" people. It might take you a little bit, but just keep increasing lifts and you will need more fuel, pretty simple.

So what you're saying is, you both believe in pseudoscience and you don't know how to count calories?

Yeah, again it has been getting that way after workouts but I think my stomach is just rather contracted from being a college student who hasn't been able to eat much for the past year or so do to a restricted budget. However that's no longer an issue. Again it's just eating a lot makes me sick, but it's something I have to work back to.

With time you won't have to force yourself, and I wouldn't listen to people telling you to feed until you're sick. If your body needs more it'll adapt.

>2250 kcal
>insane amount
top kek

just eat a bit more everyday you fucking moron, you'll get used to it, your stomach expands

There's a certain amount of pushing yourself to a somewhat uncomfortable eating until you get used to the new routine. Calorie counting is a must until you are acclimated.

I would eat a normal egg sandwich breakfast. Ater I would slice an Apple into bits and put a dollop of peanut butter on a bit and challenge myself to eat at or more than yesterday. For breakfast alone I was nearing 1000 calories.

Just drink a glass of milk with every meal, boom there's 900 cals or force yourself to a peanut butter sandwich before bed

>glass of milk
>900 cals
that's a big fucking glass

>Reading comprehension

She has pcos my dude apparently hinders weight loss

>If your body needs more it'll adapt

Absolutely false, for anyone with an ectomorph body type (skelly). If you are skelly, your body's naturally tendency is towards a calorie defecit. That tendency is literally the CAUSE of skelly mode. You really, truly have to force yourself to eat to the point of discomfort. And realize the discomfort is not normal, it is caused by your ectomorph genes, and you are in fact eating a normal amount of food

hahaha you're an idiot and your wife is an overeating landwhale

>2250
>a lot

The recommended daily amount for an adult female is 2000kcal. You can't eat 2250? ffs

Eat some peanut butter. Eat some rice. Drink some milk.

The way to stop being skinny is to hit the calorie goal EVERY. DAY. Without fail.

you know that morph shit isn't real right

she'd be cute if she lost 200 pounds ( and if she never was fat)

I don't care. It's just too hard to eat more than this. REEEEE

You're very rude. She has a medical condition.

You're both delusional.

This is why GOMAD exists. It's virtually the only way you can get these people to consume the calories they need to get up to a normal weight.

How are we both delusional?

Because what you're saying breaks Conservation of Energy

Recovering skele here.

Drinking four pints of milk a day and two protein scoops. All on top of three solid meals a day.

Easy 3000+ calories

You can do it too, Rippetoe is counting on you

>Each meal

That's 3 glasses, mouthbreather.

Alternatively, lots of bananas on top of meals with spoonfuls of peanut butter with each mouthful

Get a rice cooker too

buy a digital scale ($5 on ebay), get a calculator and weigh/record everything you eat in terms of calories to ensure you eat your goal everyday - takes 5 min to write everything down and once you get used to it you can just write stuff down and the calories by memory

Learn to read fag

Do you know how to cook, OP?

Think you're on the wrong board/site lad. If you expected sympathy from here, you're not gonna get it

Yes and you know what they tell people with that condition to do?
Work out way harder because its just harder not impossible.
She should be watching her calorie intake and working out at least 3 times a week for an hour.
Enjoy your over weight hairy gf dude.
I definitely couldnt.

>toning
You know it's gonna be a good thread when someone uses this word.

just eat cheeseburgers and fries and shit

>I 100% believe the ectomorph thing
I can 100% tell you're retarded.

Is there a type of milk I should be drinking? I heard broscience that some milk can increase estrogen levels which isn't ideal

Whole

whoever keeps saying being skinny sucks clearly never been fat
its better to be the skelliest motherfucker than fat

eat more fats. 9 calories per gram as opposed to 4 calories per gram of carbs/protein.

>beef
>pork
>peanut butter
>full fat dairy

you get used to it and it gets easier over time if you push yourself to eat more

I'm on a clean bulk and a budget now. What foods did you eat?