Has anyone else ever considered leaving Veeky Forums for good?

Has anyone else ever considered leaving Veeky Forums for good?

This place has so much pessimism and negativity and I feel like it's really starting to affect my life negatively. I've taken breaks before for up to a month and I felt so much better without Veeky Forums.

When I try to make a list of "pros and cons" for continuing to use Veeky Forums it's pretty clearcut. Is it just me or does anyone else feel a similar way?
Sorry if this is offtopic. I know this is a fitness board but I always associated Veeky Forums with self improvement.

Yes. Everyday.

I want to leave but I can't. It's like an abusive relationship or a crack addiction

You should cut down your use of the internet and computer in general, not just Veeky Forums ... don't scroll through your phone after waking up, before bed, if you get bored etc. Find other hobbies to replace the internet, like reading or working on creative projects. Feels so much better only going on the internet for like 1 hour a day

You're here forever

How long have you been lifting? This place stops fucking up your mind once you go past the "what if I don't get ripped in the fastest time possible" phase. Your first two fuck ups proving that you are a human being will be more than enough. After that, this place is motivating as fuck

>Has anyone else ever considered leaving Veeky Forums for good?

I have actually left before, the problem is I'm afraid and still afraid to leave again to go do what I need to do

I'm worried about leaving because I know the things I need to do won't make me happy anymore, I figured that out a year ago and have been on Veeky Forums ever since

You can never leave.

About 2 yrs. Its not really that it's just that this place is so fucking negative and depressing, as well as other boards.

I literally get angry and frusturated everytime I spend more than an hour on this place.

It feels like the culture here encourages inadequate and abnormal behaviour which further alienates people already perhaps somewhat more isolated in society.

Anyone saying "you can never leave" are just excusing their internet addiction bruh, they don't have the willpower to cut down on big boy internet time so want to drag you down, youll make it

I actually haven't browsed here for over a year. The pros and cons all look to be the same. The humor is great, the camaraderie you can see sometimes is heartwarming. At the same time that crushing negativity is still here too and it can really worm its way into your mind sometimes. I think the best way to handle it is to not treat coming here as a habit. Visit every few weeks, ask your questions, give your input. But coming here everyday definitely wears you down

You can't, it's too much of a outlet for social autists like us. That said I have been able to quit certain boards. I haven't been to /b/ in 9 years, stopped going to /pol/ this year. Mostly stick to fit and sp. Although sp is absolute shit now.

I have to find loose boxer guy first. Where are you? I'm a mess. I'm not sleeping well.

Thanks man. I think im about to just fucking leave for good. Im having an epiphany.

>like us
I'm not a social autist though, other than when I spend excessive time here.

Remember how good /sp/ was at its peak? It's so bad now I haven't been there in years. Shit fucking sucks.

>'so much pessimism and negativity'

>he doesn't relish the lack of false positivity and bullshit
>he doesn't find the brutal honesty and freedom from self-censorship refreshing
>he doesn't like bantz

Fuck off to reddit then, we will not miss you.

Yeah the mods fucked up for deleting all off topic threads and destroying the based bro culture. I can understand their reasoning but so just had a special board culture that hasn't been repeated, it's crazy how many good Veeky Forums memes came from there.

>>he doesn't relish the lack of false positivity and bullshit
You mean someone telling you youre a retard and inferior no matter how you look or what program you do?

>>he doesn't find the brutal honesty and freedom from self-censorship refreshing
It's not honesty, it's skinnyfats giving advice mostly. You post your body and everyone tells you it's shit. You ask them to post theirs and you get crickets or excuses.

>Fuck off to reddit then, we will not miss you.
Honestly I think I will. At least they don't have retarded memes and constant "TFW NO GF WAHHHHHH" threads.
And r/powerlifting, r/bodybuilding, etc actually seem to have people that lift unlike here.

That's part of the problem. The slightest thing gets called autistic. The "omg you're 5'10 what a manlet" shit is retarded too. And you guys actually think that eating an onion will be the one thing that defines whether or not your regimen is successful hahahaha.

This place is an awesome resource and can be pretty funny but you need to make sure that it doesn't skew your perception of reality. If you can't visit without doing that, you gotta leave.

Take everything people say here with a grain of salt.

If you aren't an autistic straight white male, this place will slowly kill you. I honestly don't know why I keep coming back here, but its probably because I occasionally get some amusement

I haven't been here in months just decided to pop in leave and never turn back desu senpai

>honestly don't know why I keep coming back here,
Because you like posting BBC memes probably

almost everyone realized this already thats why this board is nothing but pol and r9k-shit

Guys who actually look good don't get sincerely told they look like shit. They get mired. It's not our fault you look like shit.

If you want someone to tell you you are a good boy even when you are a DYEL pussy then you are in the wrong place. Goodbye

I like how honest people are here. They don't care about you so whenever you ask, they are going to give you the turth no matter how harsh it is.

So then why dont the people criticizing ever post their bodies?

I forgot Veeky Forums has all the powerlifters with world records and Mr Olympia trophies.

This, I haven't fund another place on internet where the people is as free to say everything that comes to their minds.

But most people here dont know the truth. you're getting advice from beginners, at best they're paraphrasing a YouTube video.

>be me
>proud of my gains, finally ready to post in the Current Body Thread
>get torn to shreds, called a DYEL, the only positive comment in the dozen or so replies says 'good start, keep going'
>feel disheartened, look in the mirror, realise they are right
>commit more fully to routine and diet, never miss a day, a meal, a set
>months pass, feel strong, post on CBT again
>'DYEL.'
>back to the drawing board, tighten up my routine, get more sleep, lift lift lift
>start getting mires all over the place, girls and gay guys making openly sexual comments, grabbing my muscles etc
>feels good but Veeky Forums helps keep me from resting on my laurels
>that negativity stopped me from thinking I was muscular when I just had noobie gains
>one day i will make it

Thanks Veeky Forums

I have no one else to talk to about my homosexuality. I can’t even go to /lgbt/ because they think I’m straight for only liking traps.

you ever been in a CBT thread? There a lot of people who lift

Besides, here we discuss lifting and fitness **with our peers**, we are not professionals, there are plenty of other resources for knowledgeable advice

Veeky Forums is highschool. You don't overcome the bullies by gaining confidence about who you are. You change who you are because they're right and give the punches back on things that can't be changed.

This board is honest?

So 6'4 is truly the average height for men? That if you dont overhead press 250lbs you're pretty much a DYEL?

To be fair 250lbs overhead press is possible if you lift for a long time.

how do you know they don't? no one is gonna post a pic of themselves with every post you dumbass

if you are insecure little shit that cant distinguish ongoing joke from advice then it might aswell be

This post alone tells me a lot about your skill level.

Anyone who has been lifting for 2+ years seriously can easily discern between the troll posts and actual wisdom posts. The constant remarks are just part of the humor here. If that’s not your cup of tea, then I suggest you grow some balls because some text on a Veeky Forums board should never, ever get you mad.

>can't differentiate between honesty, banter and memes

Yes Veeky Forums has high standards. If you can't hack it don't post about how it hurt your feefees just fuck off

good post

Time spent on a computer in general can be spent better elsewhere. That being said, this place is one of the last bastions on the internet for some incredibly unique humor and caustic impatience for the shittiness of modern society. You just have to take things with a grain of salt here.

Not Veeky Forums related
Or just KYS
>OP is literally part of the CANCER that is killing Veeky Forums

Opps sorry.

Did I take up the room that would've went to a "How do I lose weight?" "TFW no gf" or "Why do you lift?" Thread?

>implying this isn't the go-to place for people feeling existential ennui

its not just Veeky Forums, its bodybuilding comminities in general. people really like to push the agenda that people who are interested in fitness are well-adjusted people working for a phd, not a bunch of dumb fucks who only lift because they have nothing else in their life. how many threads are here daily where people struggle to answer their hobbies when someone asks? people on /v/ have more experience with women and you can have a more honest conversation over relationships on /r9k/. you have miserable faggots who get triggered by everyone who isnt half as miserable and think that being a sad fuck and struggling with life because autism will somehow make them stronger. also everyone is dyel, a manlet, have gyno, and 15 threads a day where people argue about an inch height difference is just banter bruh xD. you cant find a more insecure and dumber place on the entite internet than Veeky Forums and bb communities in general. almost everyone realised this already and whats left is a bunch of nu-pol refugees from the_donald who figured life out at 17 from their basement

Accurate as fuck. But I disagree about other communities, some seem way more positive than this.

Nope. Veeky Forums is my stress relief, it legit makes my life better. I will never voluntarily leave. I do tend to take breaks from certain boards though.

Yes. i can't believe how cynical I've become. I don't trust anyone anymore. I don't respect girls because I now believe that they're all sluts. My gf leaving me for no apparent reason really changed me and turned me into a bitter person. I don't believe true love exists anymore and I am angry at everything. Veeky Forums has turned to shit and so has /tv/.

You are so wrong, and I wish I could prove it to you. Just recieve my compassion if you will. Hope you get you faith back soon.

>You are so wrong
how so
> I wish I could prove it to you
you can't

The problem is you taking this place seriously. It's just banter. It's an experiment of true free speech without consequences. When I started visiting Veeky Forums 2years ago I was angry edgy 19yo teenager who browsed /pol/. After maybe a year I realized how degenerate I and /pol/ all were. Then I took a break from /pol/ and discovered Veeky Forums and thus my way to becoming fit myself. I go here 4-5 times a week for maybe hour each visit. Mostly for the lolz, check some new memes and that's it. Only thing I read with honest interest is /trv/

You are right, I can't prove it, and I won't try either. I can't explain, but I know true love exists. You will probably not be comforted by it, but somewhere in your subconscious a tiny hope has ignited, and that is all it takes.

>but I know true love exists
Lol no it doesn't. It's called lust. That's why 99% of relationships fail.
I admire your positive outlook on life. You must be inexperienced with women to think they're so pure and innocent.

I don’t take this website seriously anymore so it doesn’t bother me. I look at most people here for who they are, lonely bitter men. It’s good for some laughs though.

I am a woman, you fool

>tfw been on Veeky Forums since 2009
>/sp/ was home board, spent most of my time there
>recently i go there just out of habit and it is all shit
>now have to go on fucking reddit to discuss sports where i have had handfuls of accounts banned on their various sports boards because i go too far with insulting people

i hate it but its all thats left

yeah I kind of realized that. One day you will find a guy who truly loves you then you'll leave him for no reason because you want to "discover yourself" (after you get sick of his dick). A few months later after getting used by a few guys you will come back on your knees to him. Then you will realize that "true love" is just a fairytale. People will tell you they care about you for their own selfish reasons.

You are pretty bitter.
I am not her (him), BTW.
I agree with you that probably a huge majority of relationships are built on the need for affection and love and that almost all of these are bound to be pretty shitty.
But at the same time I am convinced that sometimes people who think very alike and have very similar morals and ideas and are also of opposite sex sometimes meet each other and actually have what I would call love for each other.
It's rare, but it does happen.

the worst thing about Veeky Forums now is how politics and pol have taken over every fucking board. i have always been liberal socially but never really cared much about politics. now suddenly on any board i go on, nonstop political shitposting

>go on sp, have to see constant threads celebrating the low ratings as being because "le niggers protest went against trump, nfl deserves this MAGA"
>go on fit, all you people fucking do is talk about how liberals are soyboy cuck numales and shit like this "the right wing lift"

which is even funnier because most of this website are teenagers