I start the gym tomorrow, best noob tips?

Starting the gym tomorrow, very new to all of this. Just looking for some basic tips and tricks that can help be at the start,.
I'm not looking to get like Piano Man, just a better lifestyle, state of mind and just tone up a bit.

Delete this thread and read the sticky

Read the sticky

Get sticky

>tone
kys, then SS+GOMAD

when you are in someones way/ using equipment they want, you look to the ground and say "sorry sir"
ESPECIALLY if it is a swole qt wheyfu

Yeah, dont come to my gym you fucking resolutioner

Drink gallon of milk daily.

Buy a good quality squat plug.

READ THE STICKY

Not OP, but I've been using the ThrallBall 14mm, is that a good one? I just got to 4pl8 for a 3RM and I'm starting to sense a little leakage (just air at this point). Is a 15mm worth it or should I just grit my teeth and get a 16mm because I'll need it soon anyway?

Make sure to tip the receptionist.

do a full body routine consisting of mostly compound movements, three days a week for at least half a year.

if skinny eat 500kcal above maintenance, if fat eat at maintenance and add cardio on rest days. count calories for a couple of weeks to get the idea of how much you're actually eating.

progressive overload is key, you need to get stronger on lifts like deadlift, squat, bench press and overhead press on a weekly basis.

godspeed young one

not op, but i'm stalling incredibly at bench press and can't seem go increase the weight nor the reps nor the amount of sets with an okay amount of reps. how should i go about that? i used to be able to bench 2pl8, but after not really lifting for a year the highest i can get is 70kg.

>Tone

dont bring basketball shorts to the gym

Make sure you either more than 20 reps on every exercise otherwise you might accidentally become rich piana

you can try to break the plateau with microplates, just increase the weight by smallest increment you got.

if you have just been doing sets of 5, switch it to 10 reps and try a different variation like the dumbbell bench press.

also dont forget to eat more

>just tone up a bit
>mfw

For real though just don't be an idiot, keep your winkie clean in case your first day happens to be your gym's penis inspection day. I made the mistake of forgetting to dip the head in shampoo the first day I started in a new gym + they actually banned me for it... Needless to say I didn't make that mistake again, lol

low weight high reps, do this for a week or so and check progress with regular workout.
you can stall on a lift and an endurance work out can help get you out of the rut

>just tone up a bit

Reduce weight by 15% and start building up again but AMRAP your last set. Assuming you were doing 5s you should get 7-8 on your old weight once you get back up to it. Eventually you'll only be able to get 5, when you fail to get 5, repeat the process.

>open sticky
>ctrl + f "tone up"
>0 results

Sorry guys, but I'm gonna need more help then "read the sticky." Thanks in advanced

alright thanks guys, i'll make sure to do that

ask the biggest guy there what kind of gear he uses