I fell for the starting strength meme and achieved t rex mode...

I fell for the starting strength meme and achieved t rex mode. What should my routine be to return to a normal proportions?

Do only 1 time per week lower body and try to maintain strength. Up Volume and frequency on upper body. I would do upper-lower split with 3 times upper 1xlower day...

Something like:
Day1 Upper Day 1 (Bench Focus)
Day2 Lower Day (Squat / Deadlift Focus)
Day3 Rest
Day4: Upper Day 2 (Pull/Row Focus)
Day5: Rest
Day6:Upper Day 3 (Arms/Shoulder Focus)
Day7: Rest

Day1: Could for example look like this:
Bench Press
DB Incline Bench
Skullcrushers
Pullups
Cable Rows
Side Laterals

Focus means you do 3 exercises for the focus and still 1-2 for the rest of upper body muscles...

5/3/1, enjoy the hypertrophy from your assistance lifts

Let me guess, you did if for longer than 3-4 months?

You fucked around in the gym, hit your squats, then were "too tired" to do the other lifts properly?

There is nothing wrong with SS/SL type routines, but they are BEGINNER routines for a fucking reason. Yet people fuck around on them for far too long, don't put the effort in, don't eat properly, don't sleep properly, and make a mess of it.

Do SS/SL for 3-4 months tops, even less if your form is nailed and your lifts reach "respectable" levels. Then move on to a decent PPL routine. Make sure you're eating properly, with decent macros. Sleep 8 hours a night. Don't get drunk/high every night and excuse it because "I'm going to the gym".

>Let me guess, you did if for longer than 3-4 months?
yes, everyone said to stay on that routine until I achieve 1/2/3/4

Should have read the book buddy

>5/meme/1
Yeah, benching once per week is totally great for someone just coming off starting strength. 5 pounds a month isn't super slow progress at all.

OP just go to the program rate thread and find something not garbage.

>Do SS/SL for 3-4 months tops,
you do it until you run out of noob gains. saying a person should only run it for a few months max is retarded and does not account for several factors. not everyone has previous athletic experience and can progress perfectly linearly every single workout, which is what it would take to finish your noob gains in that time. hell the way deloads are set up in beginner strength programs, it takes at least a week just to lower the weight for a single plateau, which is not itself indicative of you finishing your noob gains

++

i need sauce on this brother

At what weight should you stop SS if not 1234plate?

I dunno :(
5x10 light bench on press day
5x10 light press (or substitute dips) on bench day

Both of those workouts in a week. Is good.

Unironically 2/3/4/5

You can and should reset SS by reducing weight 10-15% and resuming linear progression a few times before you're really done with it

He's right

I've done both SS and 5/3/1 and my upper body lifts plateau'd like a motherfucker until I started doing them at least three days a week.

How long would it take to achieve that as a skinnyfat guy thats been sedentary his entire life?

Interesting, my lower body fell off on 5/3/1 but I'm weird and have a big bench relative to my squat and diddly

If you DO THE PROGRAM as in never skip workouts, live clean, get a full night of sleep every night, and autistically grocery shop, cook, and stuff yourself, a year.

Think about it, 150 workouts, 75 press days, +5lb/workout, that's a 375lb increase so you should be pressing 420 by the end.

J/k obviously, just showing how much room there is for resetting and stalling. Your progress will slow, so maybe switch to Texas Method 6 months in.

Just remember: no one on Veeky Forums does the fucking program. It's not the efficacy of the program you picked, it's not your genes, it's whether you fucking do it. GOMAD, chicken thighs, and big bags of potatoes change lives. Godspeed

STOP AFTER 3 MONTHS IF YOU ARENT GETTING LINEAR PROGRESSION FUCK ME YOU NIGGAS ARE DUMB READ THE BOOK MOVE ONTO AN INTERMEDIATE ROUTINE

>telling others to read the book
>while posting something that directly contradicts the book
wew lad

Greg Nuckols 28 programs, the following template:
> Weighted Chin-ups 3x week (use the bench protocol for this)
> Bench 3x week (beginner or intermediate)
> Deadlift 2x week (same as above)
> Squat 1x week (same as above)

Be ready for amazing gains.