/owg/ Olympic Weightlifting General

Eternal Rebeka Edition

>If you are new to weightlifting please read these first and check the other sources they link to before asking questions:
pastebin.com/1HgVcGam
pastebin.com/wCXeXfkk
chinfl.blogspotco.uk/2013/07/how-into-weightlifting.html
reddit.com/r/weightlifting/wiki/faq
iwf.net/doc/technical.pdf
yashathoughts.com/

>The information that you are looking for is probably in the above links.
That includes routines, shoes, information on the lifts, etc. Check out the pastebins for literature or the reddit faq for general information.

Included in this youtube playlist are videos related to weightlifting which you may find useful or insightful:
youtube.com/channel/UCl3WCm2GfvLxvH877oJ1xEA/playlists

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/Bcv1BxHFpHF/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=mWffzvDGeg4
instagram.com/p/BdtDslFByDO/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for obsessive compulsive disorder.

can you incels be a LITTLE more active

tia

are u german?

>posting all necessary info in the OP
>wants people to be active
fuck off german

no

what would make you assume such

What do you guys do while stretching and mobility?

I mean for warmup its always

>roll out quads and hamms with foam roller
>slowly squat into a parallel squat and move around side to side front and back and around in a circle to fire all them muscles
>sink into atg squat and force my hips open with arms, then move around more, go back up to parallel and do the shit again
>shoulder dislocations with pvc
>go through my positions with pvc
>snatch balances with pvc

Warmed up and ready to go

Cool down is always roll out quads again and then when I have time I open up my shoulders with a meme thing I cant describe with words lol

>empty bar
>ohp
>btn ohp
>good mornings
>squats with different stances
>overhead squat and narrowing the grip until jerk width

>warm up the lift with an empty bar

Jordan fiegenbaum Olympic weightlifting template week 1

Power clean x3x5 @ rpe 8
Squat/w belt 1x rpe 8 - 20% x 5 x 3-5 sets
ohp/w belt 1x rpe 8 - 20% x 5 x 3-5 sets

Power snatch x2x6 @ rpe 8
Deadlift/w belt 1x rpe 8 - 20% x 5 x 3-5 sets
paused Bench press 1x rpe 8 - 20% x 5 x 3-5 sets

split jerk x 1 x 8 EMOM
front squat 4 @ rpe 7 4@ rpe 8 4@ rpe 9x 2 sets
push press 4 @ rpe 7 4@ rpe 8 4@ rpe 9x 2 sets

Snatch x 2 x 7 @ rpe 7 - 8
clean and jerk x 3 x 6 @rpe 7- 8

GPP day

30 min steady state cardio 2x a week
8min amrap chinups 2x a week
8 min core work amrap 2x a wekk

Lolz bwg

Pyros why

Can I put more angle on my shoes?

got your /plg/ shit out of here m8

instagram.com/p/Bcv1BxHFpHF/

>plg shit

He's swedish i belive, the Veeky Forums strawpol he made was in swedish atleast

>sets of 3 cjs at rpe 8
nah

yeah, a cobbler will modify your heel for you

am in love w/ her like since 2007 (1st time on internet obv)

why is he programming wl for people? It seems like he's a powerlifter doing power cleans

you are definitely gonna get stronger if you are doing that though

Is there a point to continuing to pursue weightlifting if your wrists are less than 17.78cm/7 inches in circumference?

the idea of classics with RPE is just a very powerlifter way of thinking about things I guess

unfortunately, no, 17.80 is the cutoff

>17.80 is the cutoff

>wristlet cutoff set at 17.8cm circumference

redpill me on RPE

Youre a retard, the website it was on changed it to your local language

I saw Clarence doing curls once

>calls himself "PanzerJäger"
>why would you assume I'm german?

I believe it’s sets of 5 for 3 reps

Even worse, I saw Clarence using hipdive

It’s the future of weightlifting, even without rpe the most proficient lifters will go off feel + percentage.

He’s Rips successor so he’s trying to teach the classics as well. Plus he’s trying to get in good with crossfit. I might do it...

>I might do it...
just dont

Y

thats the meme you dip

evidence of efficacy for weightlifters?

Umm no......but fuck it I have faith in this stuff

no big
tell us how it goes

Bulgarian method.

Bulgarian is sin

the bulgarian team did not use an rpe scale
the athletes took 'daily maxes', but those maxes were not rated
they either made the lift or they didn't
the intent was to break prs every session
the idea being that this produced the most specific adaptive response
this was supplemented with enormous amounts of drugs
most of the bulgarian team became severely injured, left the team, or were busted
it is not a commendable training method, especially not for amateurs and hobbyists

"max" is literally an RPE of 10, retard.

THEY DID NOT RATE THEIR LIFTS IN THIS WAY
THEY ARE NOT USING AN RPE SCALE
THEY DID NOT MODIFY THEIR PROGRAMMING ACCORDING TO DAILY PERCEIVED EXERTION TO ACCOUNT FOR FATIGUE
IT WAS MAX OUT OR DIE EVERY DAY
IF YOU WERE TOO BURNED TO DO THE FULL LIFTS YOU DID POWERS
THAT'S IT

so heated i'm mixing my tenses
not actually mad tho
just fuck your own shit up and don't push it on other people

>IF THEY DIDN'T LITERALLY SAY THE WORDS RPE THEN THEY COULDN'T HAVE BEEN DOING IT
>CHANGING EXERCISES AND DOING THE SAME THING PROVES IT

You're literally retarded.

No, they didn't adjust for percieved exertion or care for biofeedback of the lifters at all.
It was pass or fail, and if you did fail and weren't injured you did drugs till you could pass.
Period.

the whole point of auto-regulation and the rpe scale is to track fatigue and modify your programming at the microcycle level to augment fatigue accumulation and induce an appropriate adaptive reaction
the bulgarians did not do this
they were not 'doing rpe'
the entire methodology is different

Thoughts on the burgener warmup ?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=mWffzvDGeg4

Yes, they did autoregulate. They maxed out then do other sets at prescribed percentages.

There are literally thousands of ways to do autoregulation. This is one of them because autoregulation is not one specific program, it's a broad category of programming.

Stop being a bunch of fucking retards.

Whatever. It's a warm up. You're probably more likely to fuck up and practice bad form than reinforce good form simply because you can get away with it.

>They maxed out then do other sets at prescribed percentages.

That's not RPE.
They litterally lifted in a prescribed manner irregardless of what the lifter could handle or thought they could handle.
What the bulgarians did has nothing to do with the concept of RPE at all.

Maxing out is literally an RPE of 10 whether you want to call it that or not.

that's not the fucking point and you know it

You're a fucking imbecile and you only want to win an argument that you've already lost, SPECTACULARLY. Not learn anything.

It literally is the point. That they didn't use the language is entirely irrelevant. We're not talking about who TALKED about it. We're talking about who DID it.

the bulgarians didn't base their max attempts on rpe; it was always training or competition max, whichever was greater. that was the number to beat, irrespective of self-perceived ability, exertion, whatever
it was not a relative or 'reactive' training method
it was absolute

You need to deal with you not knowing what the fuck you're talking about.

and the bulgarians didn't fucking do it
fucking wipe mt's cum off your ass rim eh?

>training max

You just played yourself, retard.

what causes this on back squat? weak abs? keeps happening to me sometimes i'm on 3x5 77.75kg @67 after 1 month, I feel like i'll be able to get 90 max before I stall

as in the athlete lifted more in training than in competition
you fucking illiterate

Yes, they did. That you've got your head too far up your ass to see it doesn't change that.

A max lift is literally an RPE of 10. Training based off this is autoregulation.

You really should get over whatever mental illness you have that seems to be keeping you from understanding this. At the very least it would help you better rebut the claims about autoregulation if you actually understood what autoregulation was.

posterior chain overpowering quads
focus on activating your quads and keeping balanced through the whole movement

Yes, that's right. Very good. And you think that a variable training rate based on performance isn't autoregulation because...

I'm honestly having trouble coming up with a reason other than you simply being retarded.

Riddle me this ? Why do coaches advocated for low hips on athletes when in half the cases athletes hips rise before pull?

Tldr why do you guys shit on the way Rip teaches the classics ?

ok cheers, if i use the bounce it doesnt happen, so i'll try wednesday

PERCEIVED EXERTION WAS NOT ACCOUNTED FOR BY THE BULGARIANS
THE FUCKING CRUX OF RPE WAS NOT INCORPORATED
HOW IS THAT USING RPE?
THEY WEREN'T BASING THEIR ATTEMPTS OF PERCEIVED EXERTION
ONLY THE ABSOLUTE OF WHAT HAD ALREADY BEEN PERFORMED
REPEATING THE HERMETIC TRUISM THAT 'MAX IS BY DEFINITION RPE10' IS IRRELEVANT WHEN PERCEIVED EXERTION ISN'T A FUCKING VARIABLE IN YOUR PROGRAMMING

Bar needs to be in the right place moving in the right direction. Helps.

Rip teaches a power clean for general athletic development. Oly technique is about efficiently lifting maximum weight.

You mean like in snatch you set up amd keep your hips down and then rise to the proper position??

When they're training you not to be a coward with max lifts, yes, perceived exertion is a fucking variable in your programming, retard. It's just an implicit rather than explicit one.

>whichever was higher
You should probably read the posts you're replying to, also, there's no regulation in the Bulgarian method, you just do max weight lifts every time, this is a stark contrast to rpe where you change your lifts to fit an rpe
This isn't caused by "posterior chain overpowering quads" you get in this position from a deep squat when knee extension happens before hip extension, which could have a million different causes, my guess without seeing you lift is inactive glutes

Overcoming anxiety was not the purpose maxing every day
It was greatest adaptive specificity
Stress the organism in this way to produce thurs adaptive response

what cue can i use to activate glutes?

And when your max changes, then what, smart guy? Do you keep lifting to your old max?

this is such an autistic discussion holy dicks

Have a chinese man slap your butt with a stick when you come out of the hole

This. Thank god someone smart like u arrived

Not *the only* purpose, but *a* purpose. Come on, stop playing stupid language games.

Fuck off, nigger. Nobody invited you.

Because they can’t into the laws of mechanics and learn by looking at people who’re so strong that their technique can actually be less than optimal and still have a good result. Plus a lot of shw lifters in both weight- and powerlifting lower their hips because their anthropometry more or less requires them to do so - they’re essentially using momentum to get into the correct position to pull.

No, of course not, you now have a new max to lift, and you continue to lift at rpe 10
Now I know you want to generalise and widen the definition of rpe based training so that you can win an internet argument but the Bulgarian method is quite a different approach, this is my last post on this subject, feel free to have the last word though
Some people say, "one position!" meaning they keep their body in one position, instead of bucking forward, just try to keep your chest up

called out and now you are mad??

interesting

Autoregulation is incredibly broad. Not a program, but a programming technique. That's the whole fucking point of the discussion. It's nice to see that you're almost sort of catching on.

Yes

Well your comment is fucking retarded then. It's just comfier to setup in a deep squat position and from there you then raise your hips and straighten your back so that you are in the correct position. and from the correct position you initiate the lift. In the 1st pull your back angle stays the same aka hips and chest rises at the same speed. Did you even read a single olympic weightlifting book before you asked this retarded question??

Nope just looking at it from a logical perspective. Seems like a waste of energy

You arent exerting energy when you set up nigger.

But when you you have to spend extra energy pulling on the bar while your hips rise you do.

NO YOU STUPID NIGGER
YOU DONT INITIATE THE LIFT BEFORE YOUR HIPS ARE IN PLACE AND BACK STRAIGHT
YOU DONT PULL SHIT BEFORE THAT
CAUSE THATS WHERE THE 1ST PULL BEGINS U NIGGER
HAVE YOU EVER DONE A CLEAN OR A SNATCH

On the subject of snatch can I get a form check ? I know my heels rise on the ohs. Depending on what you guys say I may or may not do owl.

instagram.com/p/BdtDslFByDO/

guys I can't fucking sleep properly, whenever I fall asleep before 3am I get 4 hours of sleep and my body ALWAYS since I was 12 years old or some shit gravitates towards a 3am-11am schedule, fuck, can't deal with a proper job

Melatonin ?

Yes. Melatonin. 0.3 mg a half hour before you want to be asleep. More won't help you sleep better, it'll just stay in your system and you'll feel like shit in the morning.

>proper job
get a nightshift
Stretch calves. Your hips too high especially on first rep. And I think you initiate second pull too early, not sure would need a webm that I can go slowmode on for further analysis

Do you guys compete ? I think I’ll just stick to presses and powercleans

take a look and compare to your form.