Hey Veeky Forums I am a 27 year old 265lb guy.About 5'10 . My wife is divorcing me after 6 years...

Hey Veeky Forums I am a 27 year old 265lb guy.About 5'10 . My wife is divorcing me after 6 years. So I'm going to need to get fit to get back in the game. Do you all have any recommendation on where I should start? What kind of work out routine? Thanks in advanced boys.

what type of aesthetic and weight are you going for?

Read the sticky

Nothing shredded. I just want to be nice and tight. Just to be able to take my shirt off and feel comfortable. Maybe get into wing chun eventually when I have more endurance.

read sticky x F

Sorry to hear things didn’t work out user

Also,
>read the fucking sticky

>wing chun
>5'10

Too short or too tall?? Legit curious.

>wing chun

Fucking lmao, I hope you're being facetious/ trolling

I'd recommend heavy weights with medium rep amounts 2-3 sets of 6-8 reps. through in pull ups and a lot of core work outs you can find online.

run a few miles a week for cardio, you need a strong heart to keep up with the physical exertion. rest a lot and eat healthy foods.

you want heavy weight to go to muscle quickly.

what gets you shredded is light weight and many reps, but be careful because this builds up a lot of lactic acid in the muscle and without a lot of water and rest you will just damage yourself and lose strength.

Do you have suggestions for a form of martial arts for my body type. I am not completely fat. I have some muscle I used to swim competitively but the years of being sedentary are obvious on my body.

the martial art type is mostly dependent and how much your willing to invest in cardio and flexibility.

grappling is fairly low cardio compared to striking and at your size you may want to consider it.

if you want to stand and bang, I'd recommend boxing for your size, but it will require more cardio

there was a 6'5 300lb guy at my gym who did kick boxing, but he was young and put a lot of effort into cardio.

Brazilian jiu jitsu or muay Thai or kick boxing. All are infinitely more legit than useless shit like wing chun.

>grappling is less cardio than striking

Lolno

Cardio will be my biggest struggle. Smoker off and on for about 9-10 years. So I know it will be hard as fuck at first.

hahah word man I appreciate the suggestions

You want something that includes sparring, if it doesn't, it's mostly for show.

in a fight I suppose you are right, but the training and conditioning in striking is typically more intense than in grappling.

the bjj philosophy is to conserve energy, ideally you should only apply strength on the submission.

the conditioning necessary to stand and bang 5 minutes is more than whats needed to roll 5 minutes

6'0 is the cut off for being a manlet. Sorry user, but you are REALLY short.

Never had an issue with being this height before. People in my area are generally shorter or same height.

Do you live in Asia?

texas

Read the sticky. Fix your diet (should be easy as you will be dining solo now) and pick a solid lifting + cardio routine. Oh and do a real martial art like bjj/muay thai/boxing/judo. Also, anyone who says BJJ isn't cardio-intensive has never tried no-gi, that will get you sweating in no time.

Not disagreeing with you, but in a typical BJJ class you don't just roll for 5 minutes, generally it'll be 3-5 sparring sessions in a row that will gas most newcomers, especially if going against someone much heavier.

>Fix your diet (should be easy as you will be dining solo now)

subtle

Hey I ain't gonna sugar coat it, he came here for advice on getting it together. He's a big boy from Texas, he can handle reality.

Exactly. Give me the hard facts. Don't sugar coat anything for me. (no pun intended)

B I G B O Y
I
G
B
O
Y

read the sticky, retard