You wrote in your summary that you lift weights

>You wrote in your summary that you lift weights
>care to elaborate?

Does Veeky Forums write lifting as a hobby in summary?

I wrote it as an extra curricular in my college apps

I wish to finish my college someday.

I'm scared I will hate it even more than high school and drop out

i'd just flex a cep and say
"hows this for a start?"

I'll do better i'll eLATerate
>flex your wings
When do i start

Of course not. You can write "fitness" as in "wellness" or living a healthy lifestyle. But anything that implies you lift free weights will conjure up associations of stupid narcissistic meatheads. You want to avoid that.

I did a lot of rock climbing earlier and now I only lift weights. I always state rock climbing because that's a highly regarded pastime: You are competent on your own but also able to rely on a partner and work in a team.

This is not magic or rocket science or new. Just do some research on what different hobbies convey and state those that convey the image you want to transport.

>writing about your hobbies in job applications and your resume
Do americans really do this?

Of course lifting also shows self discipline, dedication, and self improvement.

ofc i got a job as a basketball umpire cos i wrote argue with cunts on Veeky Forums and they thought i'd have a thick skin

No, having a marathon time of about 2:20 does that. Not less that would mean you don't give everything for the job. But lifting is just heavily stigmatized. The inverse correlation between muscle mass and intelligence is a cliché that has some grounding in reality. You wouldn't state on your resumé that you smoke cigarettes, why would you admit to this stigmatizing activity?

I did it once and I'm European.
It gives you an opening for presenting your personality. E.g. if you run triathlon in some high-powered work environments that would mean you fit in.

Lost hard. My coworkers are all looking at me like I'm insane.

You are an idiot

>revealing your powerlevel ever
I write WoW and anime conventions.

Nah, most people notice it anyway

>only DYELs need to point out that they "lift"

>2018
>not listing smoking cigarettes as a hobby
enjoy unemployment, faggot

>Of course lifting also shows self discipline, dedication, and self improvement.

laughingniggers.jpeg

I just put down Zumba on my cv

How can you say that if you don't really know me? Maybe you should think twice before judging people based on insufficient information.

KEK

>rock climbing
>highly regarded pastime
HAHAHAHAHA this is what rock faggots actually believe

Can't believe this thread. Nothing fitness-related belongs on your resume unless you are seeking a job in a fitness-related industry. For every boss or HR person who would think "lifting" shows "dedication," there are 10 more who would laugh at you being dumb enough to write it down or feel insecure upon reading it due to their own lack of fitness.

Yes, but a really good use of it is if you compete and is successful, it implies you may have the tools necessary to achieve set goal. Good qualities and stuff.
>Oh, yes I was the regional/state champion for [x]
Or simply that you are person that just does shit.

It is so much easier and more carefree than highschool

What does writing a convention mean? Either way I bet you must slay.

No one gives a fuck if you lift user. It's such a basic 'hobby'.