Progress to 225x1 bench

>progress to 225x1 bench
>chest nonexistent
>do some light chest flies/cable flies
>chest feels big and swole
why did nobody tel me this? the chest fly motion is about 100x more effective for chest hypertrophy than any press

also post any secret exercises you've discovered that are superior to compounds for hypertrophy

Because Veeky Forums is extremely dogmatic and believe flat bench alone is all you need

It is if you aren't a geneticlet.

haha i discoered Veeky Forums in highschool and used to think i knew everything about lifting and muscle. would sperg out to stronger leaner guys about how they need to ass to grass squat and drink more milk. fuck i wish i could go back and beat the shit out of my past self

I have a very niche chest, my 1rm is lmao 2.5pl8

i dont believe you, you're gonna need to post your penis to prove me wrong

>do a SINGLE heavy bench rep
>huurr no pump durrr

>do multiple chest flies
>get a pump

you have no idea how muscles work, do you?

i still do high volume bench workouts you stupid fuck bass hunting kike.

>Niche
What specialized role does your chest fill?

then fix your form, lol. if you're not getting pec activation on bench press you're doing something wrong

this
high volume bench is great for hypertrophy both of chest and tris
just remember to not let elbows break parallel and you won't fuck up your shoulders

but
cable flies are pretty much the only exercise you got tension through out the true rom of the pectoral major (that is, a full range loaded arm adduction)
in other lifts, you either got much more tension while the arm is abducted away and really none at the top (bench press) or while the final 1/3 of the movement but pretty much 0 at the bottom (close grip bench press)

so you gotta do both bench and cable flies if you want big pecs

Had you been doing flies instead of bench your whole life, then suddenly switched to bench, it would have the same impact. It's almost like you should vary your routine!

Plate press has served me well for chest, and decline cable press instead of dips, and the DB press variant when you turn your palms in at the top of the lift and try to push your biceps together

Dumbbell squeeze press. 3x8 after include and flat bench. Makes me feel like a fucking god.

Even if you don't feel it the bench press does involve the chest to a large extend. And because the exercise lets you handle a lot of weight, it's easy to make progress. And progress means gains in muscle size also.

Having said that, the bench press is never going to be the best exercise for the chest specifically. There's no horizontal adduction component (arms moving in across the body), there's no protraction component (shoulders coming forward, dangerous on the bench press), and if you have a bit of mass on you there isn't that great of a stretch either.

One of the best chest exercises you can do is push-ups on rings (or TRX or another kind of suspension trainer). With this exercise you can safely sink deep into the bottom of the rep and get a great stretch, and you can safely press yourself as far away from the ground as possible, which will give you a good peak contraction. And you can even move your arms in across your body a little bit, which works in inner part of the pecs, and is more or less impossible to do with free weight exercises.
There are drawbacks however. Mainly it's impractical to perform the exercise for low reps, so it's not good for maximal strength development. Also, due to its inherent instability you will be limited in the amount of force you can produce, so it's not a good primary exercise.

Do both.

2 plate bench for one rep is not close to being strong. Why would it give you a big chest.

fucking newfags

I’ve never seen a big raw bencher with a small chest

>chest feels big and swole
>the chest fly motion is about 100x more effective for chest hypertrophy than any press
And you know this because you "felt" it? 225x1 is not an impressive bench, and you should not expect a large chest from that. Also just because an exercise gives you a pump, does not mean it is best for either strength or hypertrophy.
Have fun getting big on those cable flies.

I've never seen a big raw bencher with a small gut
fat =! muscle

You’re delusional if you think Eric Spoto and Kirill have small chests.

And outside the SHWs, the best benchers are pretty ripped.

gyno isn't muscle

>Eric Spoto
>chest
He is wide and very fat. Look at the pic to see he hasn't got much chest muscle.

This
Enjoy fucking your shoulders up OP

Drop sets of lateral raises give me way bigger pump than any ohp movement

obviously you're not gonna have a big chest if you have a fucking poverty bench like 225x1 lmao

>Kirill
See this.