So i've been doing 20 rep squats for a few weeks now and i'm definitely getting stronger/bigger

So i've been doing 20 rep squats for a few weeks now and i'm definitely getting stronger/bigger.

I've read different things recently on squat mechanics and would appreciate a quick form check before i hurt myself.

thanks Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QhVC_AnZYYM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

that is not a squat
go deeper
thats a quarter squat
at the very least the upper part of your leg should be parallel to the ground

that ass is way to far from the grass

is this supposed to be a squat?

What this user said.

Lower faggot.

Oh deer

Can’t tell if srs or meme

are you blind? i'm clearly going parallel.

youtube.com/watch?v=QhVC_AnZYYM
Unironically read Starting Strength

the UPPER part of your leg not the lower must be parallel

maybe if your floor is inclined

fucking b8thread

Parallel to 45 degrees :^)

bro

You should begin with learning how to squat. You did 0 squats in that video. Also do pause squats. Even if you went parallel the reps would still not count because of the bouncing

Careful, you almost did a squat there!

i'm proud of you pajeet.
other anons don't get it, but you are a reformed person who no longer wants to poo anywhere that isn't the loo, and you're being thoughtful because you're still unable to override the auto-poo reflex when you do a complete squat.

>Even if you went parallel the reps would still not count because of the bouncing
[citation needed]

You just cited him

Okay they would count if you're a retarded power lifter who competes but if you care about getting strong then bounce reps don't count. Sorry I expected you to have half a brain but I guess that's to much to expect if you quarter squat one pl8

pro tip:
if you stop the morion even higher you'll be able to lift even more weights
thats the secret the pros dont want you to know
now go squat 4 plates with half a quarter squats

Is this something you do on patella tendon day?

Never again will i ask for help from this shit board.

I came for advice and just got a bunch of salty kids who can't squat half as much as me, trying to meme me into hurting myself.

This board sucks.

they told you yo dont go parallel and you wont accept it
so now we just make fun of you
you will never make it

this thread
>please give me a form check
>fuck you, my form isn't bad

parallel to a limp dick

Clearly you're just avoiding going parallel because your poo in street reflex is too strong and you don't want to shit all over your squat rack

never going to make it

What a shitty b8 thread

grats on making the next comic

My advice to you is to stop this degeneracy. Go back to 3x5 squats, go back down to a lighter weight, and go much deeper on each squat. Also put on some weight, that is how you get stronger.

Bro. I'm not some 5 pl8 real man like yourself, but I know what a 90 degree angle is, and that ain't it.

Fuck you, nigger.

kek

amazing thread

>HE'S LITERALLY EXERCISING THE ROM THAT IT TAKES TO SIT ON THE LOO
>THEY'RE LEARNING

>mfw when australian
>Lifitng 1 year
>Stopped squatting for a while but hit 2lmaopl8 (80kgs) and thought I was smoll
>see this and realise just 70 fucking kilos is 3.5 pl8 in amerifuck
>know half of fit thinks this is the standard

WHAT THE FUCK. HOW HAVE I BEEN THIS MISLEAD? WHY THE FUCK ARE ALL THE CUNTS IN CBT SO SHREDDED? I LOOK DYEL AT BEST BUT CAN 100kg SQUAT NOW THIS IS MESSED UP

1 pl8 is 40 on the bar 61 kilos total.
2 pl8 is 83 on the bar 102 kilos total
more like 1.2 pl8

>indians squatting
lol

>20 rep squats
What a waste of newbie gains...

>ROM USED TO SIT ON THE LOO

explain

What? then is this pajeet in the vid just using low weights? Does it differ? Is there no standard in america?

Just fucking use the metric system god damn

Shitty low weight bumper plates to make it seem like he's stronk in terms of the size of shit he's lifting

Kek

>squating stacks of 10lbs bumper plates

I'll bite.

Your early development periods are when you can make the largest leaps in weight over a short period.

Not lifting closer to your max for fewer reps with better form means you're actively sabotaging your potential baseline strength, so when your gains start slowing down you'll be weaker than you should've been after that early time frame.

Lift heavy early to take advantage of early adaptation and build the strength to maintain form under heavy load. You can swap to reps later when your progress will slow down anyway.

How much weights are those?

>i dont squat because its bad for my knees

look at the video again, dick

bounce reps are exactly what you want for oly because that's how you actually lift shit. powerlifting needs to pause until the judge says "up". both methods train fast twitch and increase strength.

oly lifters bounce and typically squat about double their snatch. world record powerlifters and world record olympic lifters have had impromptu friendly squat competitions with each other (raw w/ powerlifting rules) and they came out about equal. in short, fuck off scrub

>quarter repping 150lbs

they are bumper plates you unbelievable autist

>powerlifting needs to pause until the judge says "up"
Can you send me a screenshot from that part of any federation's rulebook buddy?

no shit you stupid faggot

I thought that was 70kg bw

You're wrong on a few counts. PL pauses the bench for a press command, but there's no squat pause. In fact those guys rely on the bounce to finish the lift. This is especially true in equipped lifting feds with wraps and shit.

For oly, the bounce is usually emphasized on front squats because that's more representative of the catch position. Back squats are usually much heavier and the bounce is minimized to reduce overall training stress on the knees.

Stupid fucking pisshead you are not going parallel. Watch some videos of videos people squatting properly and compare them to yours.

whoa settle down cowboy

ZEEEEEEEEEEEEERO

Terrible bait. Kill yourself manlet

1pl8: 60kg
2pl8: 100kg
3pl8: 140kg
4pl8: 180kg

All of these are plates + the bar (20kg)
You're squatting 2pl8

nice broscience retard

He's making a joke about the fake weight stuff going around. 8pl, not even breaking a sweat or straining.

In his defense, it could be those big 5lb olympic weights.

fucking kys you stupid shitskin nigger GO DEEPER FAGGOT

I have sent this video to elginintensity, see you in the next gym idiot session ;)

>that
>squat

that's half a rep at most

not even half, that would be at paralel

>bragging about quarter squatting 154 lbs

quarter squats correlate to general athletics closer than ass to grass

Please wash your hands first next time.

Pls don't get baited Veeky Forums, pls

q u a r t e r
s q u a t

You're going too fast and not deep enough. A lot of the force is actually being absorbed by your knees rather than thighs or glutes. You need to go back to a lower weight and focus on maintaining far better form.