Workout Gloves

My girlfriend bought me some workout gloves for Christmas but I havent worn them once. Are workout gloves stupid? If I wear them, will I automatically be seen as a dork at the gym?

I like having callouses from lifting

if youre going to bring gloves to lift in just make sure they match your purse

wear them during sex and see how she likes it

No one will say anything but everyone will be mentally judging you. If you wear gloves you're never gonna make it. Simple as.

i wore gloves for a short period of time, only because i had this weird transition in which my callouses couldn't yet handle the weight i was pulling and they would tear and get blood on the equipment. if you don't have a solid reason to then you definitely shouldn't

Hardy Har, did you think that one up on your own, or did you hear it from grandpa?

Men who aren't sewage workers or package handlers shouldn't have callouses. It is the sign of poverty.

>be a personal trainer
>client brings gloves
>i look at her funny
>she looks at me funny back
>i tell her the gloves are bad because reasons reasons
>others nearby listen in
>she does 1 set with gloves
>takes off gloves

happened twice so far

I got gloves for Christmas...I have been working out for just over a year now and my family knows I’m getting pretty serious with it. I can bench 140, but my hands hurt very badly. My body is amazing, I’m ripped and everything, but my hands can’t keep up. Pic related is me (14 months of lifting)
I don’t see the shame in gloves but I work out at home so...

My girlfriend hates my calluses with a passion, so I might have to buy some of those. Take my man card if you wish.

so i found i can avoid calluses by wrapping my fingers around the bar (i.e. gripping it further up my hand) but then it feels more like im holding the weights with my fingers than with my hands

What are the reasons?

why are gloves bad?

pls respond

>I have been working out for just over a year now
>I can bench 140

pls be troll

distance from bar increased making it harder to hold the bar properly

You would get calluses on your fingers.
Also who wants to have a soft boi hands except faggots that wears buttplug while squatting.

imagine being this much of an insecure faggot

calluses are annoying and get in the way of doing other shit with my hands. fuck off

Makes grip harder e.g. 28mm bar starts to feel like 30mm + look like a faggot scared to get calloused hands

If you wear those to the gym once, you'll probably end up with AIDS from being gay.

I think they're gay as fuck. If you use them for pulling movements or actually using heavy weight I wouldn't think as badly of you, but if you're benching or curling or something you're a faggot. They don't really help your grip either

>literally caring about strangers' perceptions of you

insecure beta that's never going to make it. i wear whatever the fuck i want

>Tfw dad gifted me gloves when I told him I didn't need them
>Girls shouldn't have callouses don't be silly

I wear them because of him, but it makes me feel inferior desu

I wore them when I first started and didn't know what the fuck I was doing, back when using dumbbells hurt my handies. There's really no functional reason I can think of for using them. They don't really help your grip, no matter how well they fit they're going to move around. You don't get as good of a connection to the weight, I'd actually wager that they're dangerous for something like benching.

londen

>My body is amazing, I’m ripped and everything, but my hands can’t keep up. Pic related is me

one of my buddies (he actually has some better lifts than me) gave me a set of straps to try. I've never used them and I started using liquid grip/liquid chalk a while ago when my lifts started to outrun my grip (I only use the chalk for deads, nothing else). I told him I'd use them but the problem with straps is that you're not building your grip/forearm strength. I feel the same way about gloves or most accessories like belts. It's a handicap. Unless you're pulling like 500lbs+ you shouldn't be using any accessories.

I'm actually going to get some. having callouses makes it very difficult to out on my nitrile gloves and can lead to them breaking. don't want that in the Medical field.

using them for pulling is ok but pls don't use them for the 70 kg deadlift like one spic in my gym.

Also
>be spic
>be dyel
>wear liftingbelt
>wear 150€ deadlift shoes
>wear gloves
>do crossgrip
>his one rep max is 85kg

Z A G R E B
A
G
R
E
B

They're necessary for certain lifts, at a point, but this isn't common

lat pulldowns with the thin apparatus, or pulls of any bar thinner than 25mm, necessitate gloves because the cutting pressure on the hands is more likely to cause a tear

otherwise, gloveless is the way to approach things. Still, no gym bag is complete without a set of gloves, just in case.

that's how a lot of fucking hispanics/south americans seem to be. Like this one that will come in halfway through my workout. He'll set up a bar for deads or squats, then stretch and shit for like 30-40 minutes. He never starts actually lifting the entire time I'm there.

>stretches with pvc pipe
>walks around doing high kicks
>uses bench for stretching hamstrings
>sits on bench
>puts on weight belt
>puts on knee wraps
>sits by the deadlift platform

Seriously have never seen him actually do any lifting

>They're necessary for certain lifts
>lat pulldowns with the thin apparatus, or pulls of any bar thinner than 25mm, necessitate gloves

fuck off bitch

I put them on for bench press only. Otherwise my wrists hurt pretty bad.

gloves won't help you ever succeed. If you're using gloves without the wrist wraps I don't see how they'd help your wrist pain. If you're using wrist wraps you'll never build your strength and forearms.

>Not wanting a rough man hands instead of boy soft hands
>Not scratching your girlfriend's ass just because you held it w ith you thick hard hand
NGMI.

Gloves are fuking great for dead lifts. That's the only time I wear them though

Unless you have a medical condition or you actually need to keep your hands soft (i.e. if you are a masseur) then you shouldn't use them.

Chalk is better in every way and it protects your hands

You are inferior, woman. Learn your place

You are a parasite.

Understandable

Rise above your nature.

Meh, do you at least keep your hands pretty? That's probably all he wants.

>at gym
>saw guy wearing gardening gloves
>not even for lifting he was on an elliptical

say thank you and pretend you're happy about it
then forget about them

broscience

HOLY FUCK DUDE...
are you competing yet ? You should definitely consider it

I only wear gloves when I'm doing pull ups early in the morning at the park, cause its cold as fuck this time of year. I just use simple mechanics gloves, they pair well with my street clothes but I dont know about wearing them to the gym...

>don't ever talk to me or my wife's glove ever again

Gloves actually should improve grip in same way DL with fatter bar improves grip.

will gloves prevent calluses, and help me lift more?

why would anyone not use gloves if these things are true

Not at this time. I’m 5’1 and 120 pounds of pure muscle

Gotta keep your hands soft for giving handjobs OP

She asks if I use and I say I do. I keep them in car as if I leave them anywhere else "I'll forget them". This way she doesn't see that they are in brand new condition.

good lad

They had me fucking my hands up less than I otherwise would have when doing pull ups / chin ups.

I bought a pair a few months ago ( been lifting for about 6 months now ) I wore them once or twice to try and prevent and heal my calluses. I didn't care if anyone thought they were lame. My trainer laughed at them a bit and told me he doesn't see me using them more than a week, I could really have cared less, but they did effect my grip so I was scared to use them in anything overhead or chest, so basically used them for curls and pull downs for a week, then got tired of putting them back on and off so I said fuck it. I guess I just have to have calluses. I moisturize often and soak for a few hours in the tub every Sunday, so my calluses are just like thicker soft skin at this point. Not crusty dirty boy calluses that tear and bleed and leave you open to gym germs.

>can't do pullups without gloves

How the fuck do you have such soft sissy hands?

I can. I'd just prefer not to do hundreds of them without $5 gloves that make a noticeable difference.

>wears gloves
>workout consists of just a bunch of pullups

this guys gets it