I want to join my national special forces, how do I prepare physically and mentally...

I want to join my national special forces, how do I prepare physically and mentally? I believe I have a strong will because I've been trough some tough shit in life already.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tYzMYcUty6s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

you cant really prepare mentally, physically intense crossfit

Have you ever lost your keys or misplaced your wallet? If the answer is yes, you're not mentally cut out for special forces.

Was your father in the military? Did he teach you to shoot before puberty? If no, you're not good enough at shooting for special forces.

Have you ever gone more than two days without exercising, in your entire life as an adult? I know the answer already. You, I, and everyone else who doesn't instinctively, effortlessly, crave physical exertion is not cut out for special forces. This cannot be faked.

Here's the brutal thing I learned from spending five years of my life from trying to move from an elite infantry unit (non-American) into one of the world's premier special forces units -- you cannot become the kind of person who is cut out for special forces. Your ability to operate on that level is going to be determined by your genetics, upbringing, and mindset (which will already be more or less fixed in adulthood) -- they are born, not made.

>Have you ever lost your keys or misplaced your wallet? If the answer is yes, you're not mentally cut out for special forces.
>Was your father in the military? Did he teach you to shoot before puberty? If no, you're not good enough at shooting for special forces.
>Have you ever gone more than two days without exercising, in your entire life as an adult? I know the answer already. You, I, and everyone else who doesn't instinctively, effortlessly, crave physical exertion is not cut out for special forces. This cannot be faked.

All of this is bullshit

You are a fucking idiot. Betting you're Danish who failed jaeger selection or some German KSK wannabe.

Protip: be a common man with an uncommon desire to win.

The body can be built, but not the mind.

You have to be willing to let them kill you in training.

>you cannot become the kind of person who is cut out for special forces. Your ability to operate on that level is going to be determined by your genetics, upbringing, and mindset (which will already be more or less fixed in adulthood) -- they are born, not made.

That's like saying "if you can't deadlift 5pl8 the first day in the gym, you will forever be a weak DYEL"

angry boys mad that somebody popped their operator fantasy

you can't be special forces for the same reason you can't beat usain bolt at the 100m. at the extreme ends of human performance, your competition is working to a maximum already -- the differentiator isn't how hard you work, it's who you are. 9999/10000 people aren't. no, you can't grow up to do anything you want in life if you work hard enough.

you're just young and you have the same fantasy every other guy has -- if i took a few years off and trained, i could be elite -- no. no you couldn't.

>Was your father in the military? Did he teach you to shoot before puberty? If no, you're not good enough at shooting for special forces.

how would whatever dad teaches you match the training you receive in SOF for shooting? he teaching double taps, reloading with chambered rounds and biofeedback is he?

fuck, most militaries tell people not to have some half trained person teach you how to shoot prior to enlistment. they teach you there, and I can guarantee 90% of whatever shooting you picked up from dad will be overwritten or at the VERY least modified to what the trainers expect.

OP here, you describe the type who enters testing convinced that he will make it trough, based on some flawed conception of self thats deeply biased. "I am le special born snowflake" bullshit. The ones that make it trough training are the ones that respond well to defeat. Its all they do man. Break you down, demotivate you, destroy your sense of comfort and control and push you constantly. You really do have to be a self-reflecting individual who is comfortable in being isolated from the world in days with no sleep or food, and therefore you have to like yourself as a person. You get to know yourself, and you cannot accept what you see, you cannot take responsibility of changing it for the better.

Philosophy, I believe, can shape the perception of the mind to strengthen one's will in pursuing something. The thrill every time another guy taps out, you can think to yourself, well at least I was stronger than him. And that battle with your mind goes on and on until the bitter end. They will literally have to kick me out, I will not quit by my own words.

did you play sports as a child? I assume you did.

Do you think elite soccer players kicked the ball for the first time when they were in their early 20s?

Why do you think that the military is any different? You were either prepared from a young age (and you'd know if you were) or you're going to be maxed out at a varsity level. You can be an amazing infantryman, earn a Victoria Cross even, but you will not make Special Forces.

kek you're the one blaming circumstances entirely out of your own control because you washed out.

>it's just jinetics bro that's why i couldn't do it I lost my keys once when I was 12

I think all of Veeky Forums agrees when I say kill yourself

No, it's like saying "if you don't do deadlifts because they hurt your back you'll fiver stay a DYEL", which is completely true.

kek

>reading comprehension of a 3 year old

It's litrally what the user you replied to said

>you cannot become the kind of person who is cut out for special forces. Your ability to operate on that level is going to be determined by your genetics, upbringing, and mindset (which will already be more or less fixed in adulthood) -- they are born, not made.

>born not made

>That's like saying "if you can't deadlift 5pl8 the first day in the gym, you will forever be a weak DYEL"

is completly true

>person trains to become operator
>trains mentally and physically
>can run a 2 mile in 12:45
>90 strict form push ups in 2 min
>90 sit ups in 2 min
>Rucks like a god
>learns quick and is a good leader
>fails security clearance when they learn he misplaced his wallet in middleschool

youtube.com/watch?v=tYzMYcUty6s
A lot of this from speaking to bud/s duds and people who made it. Also be good at cardio

how about you drop the r*ddit spacing kiddo

they got signed to become professional soccer players because they were good at soccer.

you arent signed to SOF because you are a good shot. by your logic and following on from your example, a standard SOF applicant should be able to do everything an elite SOF veteran can do, just not as well right off the bat. I mean they literally start pistol training by having you shoot one bullet at a time into a target with time delay. you arent breaching rooms with live ammo 15 minutes after selection.

Plenty of elite MMA fighters started in their late teens and twenties. Sure, many of them also specialized in one particular art as a kid, but the vast majority of them are in their punching and kicking having never thrown a proper punch until they were 23.

If you're a spectacular shot that's great, but does that mean if you have no survival skills you're fucked? No, you just learn them. People who join the SAS all come from an army background but let's not pretend that they've been learning all the special forces skills since they were toddlers. Most of them learned their basic skills in the army, then excelled there, and decided to try out for the special forces. So they have the top group of guys from the army all trying out and they squeeze that group down to just a few in the end. With those few you can train them very quickly to be extremely effective. This, particularly because all of the people then around them and helping them learn are elite too.

That's how it works. It isn't some special club that you can only get into if you've been shooting from birth. If you're thinking about it and you haven't shown that you're exceptional in the regular army then you ARE delusional. If you're some early/mid-twenties guy who's bored with life and thinks he's pretty tough but have no experience in the army or a wealth of survival/shooting experience outside of that you're also delusional as fuck.

That picture appears to be from the Danish frogman corps and the name sure does sound danish so I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you might be danish. If that is the case, and you are serious about trying to join I would strongly suggest taking a cause to prepare yourself and learn some of the things that will help you with the initial tests. Check out the Ollerup Upgrade and take a trip out there.

> I will not quit by my own words.
$20 says you tap out within a week at RASP.

RLTW.

there's a lot of good resources out there OP. there's a forum for guys wanting to go through selection where dudes who made it can give advice (can't remember the name sorry).

as for training, there's a tonne of stuff. Breaking muscle has this massive 9 month training programme written by an ex JTF2 operator. the australian 2CO (closest equivalent would be US Rangers) have a big training programme to prepare but it's over the course of like 10 weeks. Also, read interviews with dudes who went through and what they did. Ben Roberts-Smith (Australian SAS VC winner) trained harder for selection than he thought selection would ever be, and did shit like rucked for 10 hours straight in 40 degree heat on christmas.

>You really do have to be a self-reflecting individual

wrong, it's better if you have almost no cerebral thoughts whatsoever

>you have to like yourself as a person

i fear for what the military will do to you. it's more about hating yourself as a person senpai

>wrong, it's better if you have almost no cerebral thoughts whatsoever

Maybe with the regular armed forces but if you really believe that then you know shit about the training and requirements for the special forces of most modern countries.

nah.

i know sf guys. they are not cerebral. they're not introverts. they think about the task at hand, obsessively -- they do not think in a way that you're at all familiar with. that's the example about misplacing things... you guys don't get it. it's a very different kind of intelligence. it's not at all self-reflective or ponderous or absent.

good luck, have fun though

nice LARPshit

Special forces operate in silence. There is a lot of waiting silently in the dark, observing some target for an undetermined amount of time. There is a lot of walking silently trough thick forrest, marching on the roadside into the night. You have to be able to create a mindset that makes the suffering bearable. A justification of sort. You need to be able to answer "why I am I doing this", because that doubtful question will pop into your head just hours into training. Self reflection is key in any growth, especially when you are talking about elite forces.

Stop talking bullshit you don't understand. Being able to obsess over a goal is not the same as forgetting your fucking keys.

go join grunts before even considering sf and youll see if youre cut out for it

David Goggins was an overweight dude with the worst mental state (prior to becoming a fitness God) and he became a Seal.

You can do it OP. We don't know if you're mentally cut for it, but you definitely can be physically if you train your ass off.

This. They literally have weaponised autism

hahaahahahahahhahahahahhahaha

He's right

hahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha fuck i'm dying

have you ever heard the phrase 'presence of mind' -- you either have it, or you don't.

you don't understand this because you've never been in the military, let alone actually met elite infantry. it's a mindset that you've never encountered, so you don't believe it exists.

stick to call of duty. if the phrase 'why am I doing this' occurs to you, you do not belong in the military at all

holy fuck this thread is too much lmfao

yeah you dont know what the fuck youre talking about. you arent fit for special forces so you project your failure onto the rest of the population. just accept that you failed and you failed alone

I have more "presence of mind" than you understand. It doesn't make a fucking difference in the fact that you're talking out of your ass.
You're the type of retard that has one conversation with a physicist and immediately starts talking about quantum mechanics as if he as any fucking idea what bullshit he's saying.

This guy is a retard

>i'm a strong tough warrior inside

we'll see. have fun in basic

literally fucking retarded

t. TACP

All you do is project.
Does that help you at night to distract yourself from being a failure?
I'll tell you why you didn't make it.
You won't man the fuck up and accomplish your own goals.
Instead you try to tear people away from theirs.
t. option 40 who's making it.

>6 ft 3, 190 lbs, jacked as fuck, 125 IQ, over-qualified for a SF position.

Sorry sir, it looks like you misplaced your wallet when you were 15 years old. Get out of my office.

I'm not going to tell you that you can't do it.

But here.

>at least 20 ACTUAL wide grip pull ups in a row
>Be able to run a 5k under 20 minutes, then do it again under 20 minutes
>be able to do 100 push ups in under 2 minutes with ease
>be able to do 100 sit ups in under 2 minutes with ease
>be able to swim 500m in under 9 minutes

Good way to train is to do the following
>wear weighted vest ~40lbs
>sprint 1 mile
>100 pushups, 100 pullups, 100 squats while wearing vest
>sprint 1 mile

Do that twice a week, while doing a body weight oriented exercise regiment, and long distance running as well.

Endurance endurance endurance is what it's all about. They'll get you strong, it's the endurance that will save you.

Good luck bud.

This is the dumbest action movie tier bullshit understanding of SF/SOF selection I've ever read on this board

actually has military over there that can help and almost constantly have sf help threads up

Fitness is a big part of passing selection but as another user said endurance (as well as stress management) is a key element.

I’m serving with a guy who applied and was physically ready but didn’t pass because it was too intense. On the other hand I went through basic with a lot of 2CDO candidates in the Special Forces Direct Recruiting Scheme and the guys who got the furthest were the quiet ones that learnt quick and took stress in stride.

No one breezes through selection no matter how fit you are, as long as you’re mentally ready that’s most of the battle done

someone's lost their keys before

U dont just go into special forces. U need to prove yourself first as a grunt and a good one at that. Then apply fir special forces. U rarely see dudes go straight into sas without prior military experience

Bro this thread is hilarious, me and the bois been through bud/s/ aka undes school.
You meet guys from all walks of life man, some from a silver spoon and some who just came from working at metal factory, to olympic athletes.
Shit makes no difference when you have to put out.
Be a good dude, put out when you have to, and dont be a retard and youll be good.
Lots of resources online for training too, what country you in? Check our mountain tactical athlete they have alot of good stuff

> physically
I’m doing the navy seal BUD/S training so you can try that
> mentally
You can’t, you have to just be adaptable in any situation