Does finasteride actually work? I'm considering getting on it...

Does finasteride actually work? I'm considering getting on it, but reading about the sides online is enough to make nervous.

me nervous*

it does work, and the sides are something to keep an eye out for

permanent side effects, though, are psychologically mediated--there's no plausible mechanism by which a 5AR inhibitor could permanently alter your hormones, and if there were one, it would likely result in your producing less, nor more 5AR (and thus having more, not less DHT than you did pre-fin)

Don't do that. Even if your hair grows back it's not worth to mess up with your hormones. DHT is a powerfull and necessary masculine hormone, why would you take a drug that supresses it? Because of hair? Fuck that

I've been using it for 2 months with minoxidil and seeing some really minor results. Still hope for me yet lads.

well, I'm in an interesting situation where I don't produce any testosterone naturally. I have to have it injected into my body. So I don't know how badly I'm going to lose my hair and I don't know how fin will affect my body.

Actually DHT is a waste product of testosterone, the actual important masculine hormone

My (very limited) understanding of male pattern baldness is that as you age, your body produces more DHT to regulate your body's hormones. You produce less testosterone as you age so your body makes up for it by producing DHT. Which is why MPB affects most men as they age. If anyone could prove me wrong I would not be surprised at all, but this is my theory behind DHT's purpose.

Just lose your hair pussy. Shave that shit

DHT is a metabolite of test, your body doesn't produce it. Typically it is in a direct relationship with testosterone.

Studies prove reduced DHT have no impact on sexual performance, muscle building, and other male shit.

Most sides effects scare talk are exaggerated posts from incels who had mental problems before they hopped on a drug.

I'm not going to tell to hop on it. I don't care. But for me, it was one of the smartest things I did.

Fin + dermapinning + minox saved me from going to baldcuck mode in about 1.5 years

try accepting who you are

I had painful lumps under my nipples within a week. I decided I'd rather be bald than have breasts.

Save your hormones and get a wig

take 0.25 mg everyday and forget about it. Don’t read anything about sides or fin on the internet and you will be fine.

please dont waste your time with finasteride, its shit and doesnt work.
Get dutasteride

>t. zero progress after months on finas meanwhile visible hair growth after swapping to dutas

>wanting to be a pretty man
>not loving yourself for who you are
>not finding a partner who loves you for you
bruh as user above said there are no biological free lunches, not worth it senpai

>being this asleep

I am on minoxidil to stop my hairline receding. Hasn't been tested for receding hairline but I saw some people with results so am optimistic

been on it for almost 1.5 years + minox + ketoconazole shampoo. for a while I thought I had a lower libido. Sometimes I jerk off 3-5 times a day and other days I don't jerk off at all.

Looking back I would say my libido hasn't changed.

I take the big 3 and restored my front hair line and thickened everything else back up.

Very worth it. I started minoxidil and nazural shampoo on June 10th and then finasteride in early September. I recently added saw palmetto to the mix and that killed my sex drive but I went on a test cycle so it's back. Won't be continuing saw after test.

Wait, even if I'm balding, it's not because the roots are dead and will never grow again, it's just that they are not growing at all?

how fucking strong does saw palmetto have to be to kill your dick but fina doesnt?

How the fuck did saw paletto kill it, that thing is supposed to fucking help it not kill it

>balding at 23
>mandatory military service
>tradition is for every recruit to shave their head bald
>keep the bald head

I'm getting used to this. I would look so much better with hair, but I'll play the hand I've been dealt. Sucks to be a hairlet.

Everybody is different. I've been on finasteride for a long time so perhaps it just bottomed out my DHT levels to a lower point. Even on test, I can tell the difference.

Saw is claimed to increase test levels but it actually just gives a false positive as it's just blocking the conversion of testosterone to DHT. You're not making more. DHT is a sex hormone.

Some probably are dead and will never grow again. The earlier you start fighting it, the more you can keep alive later. Minoxidil is good at stimulating old roots for regrowth and finasteride is good for keeping existing growth and making it thicker.

looks good.

i was on finasteride for like 14 months, not much change. (problem was thinning hair) didn't get worse and maybe some thickening

Dutasteride for 10ish months, definately thickening crown and top of head, but my hairlines taken a hit recently which never happened on fin,

I'd recommend starting fin early, if it never gets worse ride it out till the 2nd year mark and see where your at.

Just grow your bangs out.

I've been taking saw palmetto for a few weeks and if anything my sex drive has increased

humans are fucking weird

you've got a good skull shape bud

Ty brehs

Woman detected. You little shits give manlets and hairlets hope with the beyourself.wav bullshit and then reject them because "that's just my personal preference, I'm sure you'll find a girl who will love you"

I'm too lazy to read through this whole thread. I tried using finasteride last year. I was on it for about a month and a half. It was not worth it, and the only thing I can imagine is half as awful is actual chemical castration.
After 1 week, nipples became hard constantly and extremely sensitive.
Week 2, started splitting pills in half to try to minimize side effects. Boners became spongier, lifting is stagnating and exhausting. Breast area very tender, starting to develop fibrous breast tissue underneath.
Week 3-4, about the same, noticeably lower energy.
Week 5-6, could no longer maintain an erection. Felt feminine. 0 aggression/energy. All lifts decreased. Gynecomastia progressed to the point of being noticeable. Emotional. Crying for the first time in 7 or 8 years. Extreme depression and thoughts of suicide. Decide I would rather go bald than live this way.
Quit finasteride. Depression continues for about a month and a half. Boners and lifts take about 2 weeks to get back to normal. Nipples literally stayed permahard for like 3 months. The gyno is still there. I know I'm an outlier on the sides, but I would not fucking touch the stuff. It was a nightmare.

what are you talking about. I know Saw blocks DHT, just like fina does.

How can that shit be stronger than finasteride.

Enjoy the brain cancer. Try raw and purified onion juice instead.

Those effects actually sound pretty nice user.