Anyone else notice that the flu in U.S.A. and other first world countries is skyrocketing?

Anyone else notice that the flu in U.S.A. and other first world countries is skyrocketing?
We are only a small percentage away from epidemic levels in U.S.A., Australia is already there.
I've noticed i've been sick like three or four times this flu season. None of them lasted longer than a day or so and no major sickness. Just a headache and bodyache feeling.
Yet even still for me, someone who only gets sick every few years from the flu. This is a crazy amount of downtime.

What's the deal? are we starting to reach a population apex where disease will start wiping us out within a few years?

Also, sickness general thread.
How to prepare for disease and such.

I've recently been trying AHCC 2mg a day, it's not enough to fight off major diseases, but I noticed I had little down time from season allergies this year.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pz0tn9yBaRw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1918_flu_pandemic
history.com/topics/1918-flu-pandemic
time.com/3731745/spanish-flu-history/
virus.stanford.edu/uda/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Anime? You know only soy boys like anime

Considering 99.9% of Veeky Forums is dyel and close to morbid obesity you have little room to talk.
Stay on topic or go back to your containment threads about onions and fucking crossdressers.
I'm trying to have a legitimate /fitness/ conversation.

Theres a ton of fat fucks for the diseases to fester in now. They get to gleefully grow in a body with an obesity weakened immune system.

Then the fat fucks sneeze or rub their grease somewhere, you pick it up and bam you're hit with a nasty stomach bug.

Because there are so many fat fucks nowadays, the bugs have many more hosts to call home.

I live in Korea and this has also been the worst flu season in years. I have been sick for over 5 weeks total this winter, and I might be getting sick again.
>mfw usually sick for maybe 3 days

>Just a headache and bodyache feeling

Thats not the flu, dipshit.

I noticed, I had that shit for like 2 weeks and it stole some gains

Seems like we're getting stronger and stronger flu strains every year.
But there's also a good chance that those flu strains are manmade...so...yeah.

It’s because of Facebook obsessed housewives not getting their kids vaccinated

Also, different strains of the flu have different vaccinations. If another one pops up during the season you can wind up being suspectible to it anyway.

This would be reasonable, obesity lowers ease of blood to move across the body.
Takes longer to clean it of toxins and such.

How do you guys feel about the overpopulation aspects of my original post?
Due to the amount of genetic variations from person to person the flu seems to be evolving at a quicker rate to ensure its survival.

Also to Korean user, I've been legitimately sick once in the last ten years and suddenly this year I've been getting sick every few months. It still goes away quickly, but it scares me a bit. As I am about to hit thirty and suddenly I am curious if my health is where it needs to be.
The only difference is I moved in with my girlfriend and we might be getting eachother sick more often. Other than that I don't run as much, but I am physically active 6 days out of the week.

I haven't been I'll for 5 years but many coworkers have called in sick and complain about the flu.

Suspect they are just ditching work in the least contestable manner possible.

All of the people I know who've gotten the flu were the ones that were vaccinated.
And those vaccinated people passed the flu onto other people.
Also, the vaccine doesn't prevent it or even slow it down. It doesn't even lessen the downtime you would get from the flu you'll catch anyway.

What does it actually do?

>Thats not the flu, dipshit.

Fly symptoms, any one or any variation.
>fever
>body aches
>scratchy throat
>mucus
>throwing up
>number 2
>headaches
took five seconds to look up.

Did you read my post? This season is bad because there are multiple strains of the flu.

aren't there always multiple strains of the flu?
I remember reading a report saying this years flu vaccine was only 10% effective because they are treating the wrong strand.
How come this year is particularly worst?

Yes I did.
Did you understand mine?
The odds of people who didn't have the flu but came into contact with someone who did have to flu getting a DIFFERENT strain of flu then the one who had it before hand are so astronomical that it defies logic.

>How come this year is particularly worst?
Want to subtly convince people to start getting flu vaccinations.

No, they’re just complaining because
>oh shit I ~never~ get sick but I’m going to self-diagnose myself with webmd because I caught a cold
>it must be awful this year because I somehow managed to get sick

That’s actually exactly what’s happening in the US right now.

>However, to make the flu vaccine, manufacturers typically use chicken eggs to "grow" the flu virus strains. During this process, the flu strains may acquire genetic changes that make the strains slightly different from those in circulation.

>"You don't end up with the same vaccine viruses that you started with" because of these genetic changes, Adalja said. This appears to have happened with the H3N2 component of this year's flu vaccine, according to the CDC, and the changes may lower the effectiveness of the vaccine.

>Researchers are finding that yearly flu shots are typically less effective against H3N2, compared with other strains of flu. A study published in 2016 found that, from 2004 to 2015, the flu shot was only 33 percent effective against H3N2 viruses, compared with 61 percent effective against H1N1 and 54 percent effective against influenza B viruses, which are another strain.

So you're saying that people who inevitably got the flu from the flu shot don't pass the flu on. The people who caught the flu while in the immediate vicinity of the previous person who became sick from the flu vaccine obviously caught the flu from someone else or from something else.

Is that what you're saying?

The way I look at it, more people = more chance that idiots spread disease through mistreatment of ill patients or proper hygiene that helps stop the spread of said disease.

I dont think overpopulation is to *blame* persay, but it is definitely a factor in that statistically if more people are going to be born, a percentage of those people are going to be dumb with even dumber parents.

Doesnt help now that these dumbasses have access to millions of meme remedies and bullshit on disease and viruses at their fingertips and dont know how to know what is real and what isnt.

Just take Raw Water for example, you've got retards lining up to drink non filtered water because a sleek video and page told them its healthy.

Heres a vid covering it: youtube.com/watch?v=pz0tn9yBaRw

This is how they act with water, imagine what bullshit they can come up for disease and illness?

>How do you guys feel about the overpopulation aspects of my original post?

You mean the batshit clickbait title you said with no context and nothing to substantiate it in any way?

We're approaching epidemic because these diseases are adaptive and polymorphic and unlike all of history up to today our knee-jerk reaction is to flood our systems with antibiotics for the diseases to adapt to because everybody would rather fuck up the world later than miss out on anything today. Overpopulation doesn't occur in developed or undeveloped civilizations inherently, it occurs in developing civilizations where the death rate is rapidly decreasing and the birth rate hasn't adjusted to account for that yet; it only affects developed civilizations by way of immigration because living in a developed civilization is desirable. The world is fucked in a million ways but this scifi bullshit isn't one of them, don't be a fag.

R A W
A
W

G A R L I C
A
R
L
I
C

Two cloves twice a day will will significantly decrease the amount of time you are sick. Works better than most prescription antibiotics, has antiviral properties and is highly antifungal.

that said yes, i have noticed the flu season this year is particularly bad. I usually don't get sick at all and I've gotten it twice this year and have lost 3+ weeks of gains. I work in a restaurant though so I'm always around tons of people and many of my coworkers come to work sick which spreads the disease a ton.

Because you don't work out and you dont eat right. It's easy to get sick if you eat like shit and live a sedentary lifestyle.

#

First off that's fucking wrong, just because you're a fatass doesn't mean everybody else is here. It's more 50/50. I know you're a fatass because youre concerned with this unlike somebody who actually works out who would almost never get sick. Also your faggy edgelord world predictions aren't proving anything. No people aren't getting *more* sick, if anything they're getting fatter watching Netflix and eating double stuff Oreos instead of working out every day, which makes them more susceptible to getting sick.

Epidemic from the common cold? Lmao

literally never had the flu before. try having a decent immune system

Dubs of truth to be honest.

Which is why the worse flu outbreak in history hit in shape veterans from WWI.

Idiot.

>Epidemic from the common cold? Lmao
we're talking the flu here. Influenza, not rhinovirus

aware yourself, historylet:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1918_flu_pandemic
history.com/topics/1918-flu-pandemic
time.com/3731745/spanish-flu-history/
virus.stanford.edu/uda/
>The influenza pandemic of 1918-1919 killed more people than the Great War, known today as World War I (WWI), at somewhere between 20 and 40 million people. It has been cited as the most devastating epidemic in recorded world history. More people died of influenza in a single year than in four-years of the Black Death Bubonic Plague from 1347 to 1351.

>ww1
>in shape
>veterans

Pick one

Pretty sure you're just imagining things simply because you were personally affected this year.

there are plenty of news reports about the severity of the flu season this year.
California especially is having the worst season it's seen in the last decade

>calicucks getting btfo even more after the fires

Nice.

>allow a bunch of disgusting illegal spics to flood your country
>have the worst flu season on record
let them all die.

How much of it is real and how much of it is trumped up to push the vaccination thing?

I think it's pretty real. Like 60% of the people I work with have gotten sick at least once. The nursing home my grandparents are in has been on quarantine so the old folks don't die. My sister and her husband work in a hospital and they've seen lots of cases.

They are definitely pushing the vaxx thing though. Beginning of the season they were reporting that the vaccine was only 10% effective but the other night I saw a report that was saying they came out with a new vaccine that was 30% effective. Pretty sure that's bullshit designed to get more people to vaccinate.

Tfw you never get sick and never get flu shots

I have a fucking terrible case of flu that's left me bed ridden for five days now and my sweat is starting to reek of ammonia

What is even the point of lifting when the flu goblin comes and wipes out several months of progress

I felt the flu comming on. Was catching or caught it from my niece.
I ate a big meal then took a megadose of vitamins and that knocked it right out.

From the studies that I've read, a megadose of Vitamin C along with eating two cloves of garlic will prevent or shorten the duration of the flu.

Lessens the severity

It's not a live virus, You cant get the flu from the flu shot.

Yes it's because there's now so many 3rd world subhuman filth that are not resistant to diseases.

I have never had a flu shot in my life and never gotten the flu. I also live in one of the most densely populated metropolitan areas in the states.

Seems that everybody who is always getting the flu also gets the shots every year and the people who don't get them usually don't get it.

Flu shots are based on the previous years strains. They are a best guess of what strains are possible for the next year. They are effective at reducing duration and severity of the flu. The shot will not prevent you from catching the flu tho. Just keep your immune system up and wash your hands and if your sick stay home and don't spread it around.

It's been proven that a healthy vitamin c rich diet or megadosing vitamin c and a eating few garlic cloves can prevent and almost instantly end the flu virus and the common cold quickly.

The flu vaccine has basically done nothing but cause flu outbreaks, not prevented the flu from happening, and not lessened the severity in a single fucking case.

Eh, most shitskins have flu. I am not too worry. I can't wait for Second Ice Age.

>USA
>first world
yeah no

At this rate, you guys will be in worse situation than us. Good luck.

>tfw I haven't gotten the flu since 2009 (back when I had Swine Flu)

Feels fucking good man

I had to have my spleen removed a few years ago. Turns out Pneumonia will seriously fuck me up now, and influenza can lead to it, so I dose myself in vitamin C and have got the shot the last few years. I hope everyone gets the shot, just for some protection by herd immunity at least.

yeah i didnt get sick at all last year. had almost 3 weeks of a stomach flu i had back in 2015 that wrecked my gains. got super bloated after every meal (which were half the size of normal) and then explosive shits. its back now but not as bad. but also with sore throat and runny nose. i dont want to lose any more gains bros. pray 4 me pls im praying 4 u.

the 3 weeks of stomach flu happened this december to clarify. but its the same type i had in 2015

they say that shit every year. hype.