Hey boys. Back again and wanted to ask what keeps/made you motivated to improve your body

Hey boys. Back again and wanted to ask what keeps/made you motivated to improve your body.
Any fucking life changing events that just pushed you past breaking but decided to just become a total fucking badass? I wanna hear it user.

ill be here bumping till I hear some motivating shit.

My background is a 5'10 265lb male. Wife divorcing me taking house. Looking to get fucking fit and feel better about myself.

I buy all my cars at police auctions.

I decided to embrace my identity as an Aryan Übermensch.

heh

>Smoked weed alone at my flat on new years eve 2012.
>Decided i dont want to be a morbidly obese WoW player anymore
> bought a bicycle for the summer. Rolled over 1500 km and felt better than before
> small changes to diet etc and first time for years there was a small climpse of happiness in me
> 2 years later, again blaze it on the couch and watch IP man. "damn i wanna do martial arts"
> roll for a basic course of Kendo
> 5 years later 2.dan, national championship bronze medalist and four other competition medals
> not the same person i was before
> The secret of the grand autistmo mmo grinder is every day practice is your daily quest motherfuckers

I just finished ip man 1-3 and I felt that besides the fighting the way ip mans mentality said a lot. I was fucking moved. I feel like I eventually find my way into martial arts after I get my body in check.

My ex leaving me and destroying my ego mostly.

Same fucking here man. 6 years married im 27 and shes divorcing me.

I learned that sometimes when there's plenty of meat left on a bone you can take that home put it in a pot add some broth, a potato, baby you got a stew goin

>been lifting or years but sorta stuck at a plateau for a while
>catch gf of 5 years planning to break up with me
>break up first
>hit 1/2/3/4 and beyond in a matter of months

thots = gainz goblins

>Gym buddies
>People to teach and hold you accountable for missing workouts
Been wanting this thread for a while. It's easy to get started but how do you keep momentum and motivation. I lost it for a couple of months and got fat, but now I'm back and don't ever wanna stop again. What got me back into lifting was my brother and some of his friends just started lifting and getting into that /fit lifestyle. I showed them the ropes and thier enthusiasm rubbed off on me. Still have a lot of weight to lose but atleast I'm breaking PRs were all gonna make it bros.

Had to learn the hard way to keep ego separate from others too.
Best lesson I ever had t b h

What keeps me motivated? To look good, to impress myself, to be confident around women.

And boredom. It’s the only hobby I have so I love putting my all into it.

this has me fucking amped. Fuck yeah

Hell yea man! I feel like you have the body type I do. I feel the fire inside me ready to fucking go from couch potato to gains god. What was your routine?

This, martial arts overall have been a great way for me to learn a way to handle and purge mental & physical stress. Practicing kendo has made me more calm, better mannered, posture has improved and overall self confidence and attitude towards life. A way of the sword is a long journey, but it has saved me from an early grave made from coca cola and diabeetus.

The martial arts community has been very supportive. When I went to the beginners course the scale tipped at 160 kg. They pushed me from 0 to a competitive swordfighter. idk how the mma scene is, but in kendo everyone has been welcome. Doesnt matter who or what you are. Just get your ass to practice and do what you are able. At some point things get better.

Just hitting the big 4 OHP, Bench, Squat, and Deadlift and some accessories if I'm not gassed. Tryna get le stronk. I dunno if I'd recommend it, definitely lacking in arms and back if I'm being completely honest probably could deadlift some more too. Nothing you can't fix though. Just got a 285 bench and I feel like I can hit 295, so close to that lmao3pl8 I'll definitely hit it within 1-2 months. But right now over everything I'm trying to lose weight been incorporating HIIT cardio, fasting (If I don't give into my fattie tendencies), and focusing on my diet.
>Any suggestions regarding the cut would be dank, thinking about doing steady rate but heard it can cuck your gains
Also really got into MMA and boxing recently so been doing a little bit of that. Would suggest it.

Is this from that movie with the 2 sexy girls that fuck him?

Moved to Florida from PA in August. Didn't have any friends and didn't have anything to do. I've always been a scrawny manlet, so i decided to hit the gym. For some reason it boosted my confidence and i actually started talking to girls, something I've never been good at. Its working very well too. Now i have goals that are worth working towards and I'm not going to stop.

fuck yeah boys keep it going!

I've always been the 'skinny kid' (there always seems to be one in every class but I always held the title).
The breaking point was junior year of high school, a teacher came up to me and asked if everything was ok at home and tried to give me a sandwich from her lunch to eat because she thought I wasn't being fed at home, it really just hit me. Clearly people thought these things about me all the time she just actually said something, ever since then I've strove to gain weight and better myself fitness wise.
Part 2 was in freshman year of uni and someone said they identified me out of a crowd by looking for my small, boney calves, so leg day comes 3 times a week for me. Life is good.

i just want to be comfortable when im old and playing with my grandkids.

I got tired of being afraid and weak. Just started gathering things to workout and I'm still doing it 3 months later. Mother did a number on me.

god damn man, I had the opposite struggle i was the chubby kid. Really hardened me up mentally after hearing fat boy all the time.

eventually my 2 boys will grow up to i want to be that active dad.

Hey man keep at it bro I'm just about to start my journey to. Hopefully I can catch up.

>5 years training
>is one of the best in the sport

What type of shitty "martial art" is kendo if it takes 5years to be one of the best?

Good luck, Brah. We're gonna make it.

Detach and improve, detach and improve.

Never place your ego in the hands of people. Only in your titles. Never be your wife's husband. Be a Husband.

Had a really abusive relationship. Was extreme introvert autismo, no social life etc. Met a girl that was way outta my league, but for some reason we became a couple. But she was literally ashamed of me in public, so she never talked to me and was an extreme asshole when we were out. This kept going for a year until she finally wasted me, never could've done it myself cus pussy. She always pointed out my flaws and made fun of me, even tho she knew i loved the fuck outta her. After it was done i decided i never want anyone to treat me like this ever again, so i changed my life and got rid of all my flaws, now I'm good looking, muscular and people fucking love me, it's awesome, and she's depressed as fuck wanting me back. Fuck you, Anastasia

Fuck yeah. I am ready to reinvent myself as well. Hope I can have the drive you do.

It's what women do, bro. She didn't know how to 'save' you, so she just poked and insulted you, hoping you would wake up. And you did, in the rudest way possible.

I bet you. Even she doesn't know it.

Every girl i've ever dated / had a one night stand with has called me skinny. I keep on thinking of all the girls who reject me but don't say anything, they just think im skinny and turn me down.

One day i realized one thing, that is that i hate my father, not as a person but as a figure. I realized he isn't a good father, and if i want to don't become like that, i have to change. So now my only desire, is to lift, i lift to became what my father never was.

I know this feel. Being a tall skelly is the worst.

The name Anastasia should have been a red flag from the word go.

Shit nigga that's deep.

Experienced what it was like being fat for a year
people insult you, girlfriend leaves you, and opportunities in life dwindle, because not looking good closes so many doors.
I went from a jobless fuck up whose gf left him for some soyboy she met at a concert to an athletic guy with a double major and investments up the ass, and you better fucking believe it was all thanks to this board, and actually being Veeky Forums
Now instead of crying thinking about them together, my friends gf sends me "goodnight i love you" texts every night
Now instead of telling girls i live at home, they come over to the house i own
And instead of being a fat piece of shit that insulted people by daring to talk to them, I have old friends messaging me trying to win me back
Thank fuck for fitness, and thank fuck for you guys.

placing third in a national competition is nothing. I know i'd get decked real hard in european or japanese competitions. Also there are different divisions for different levels. Should have put that up there.

Abusive mother~ gambler,made her children starve, walked around as a obese mess , emotionally and physically abused all of us kids.

I got a degree, new car and house.

Bitch was a welfare pig that had 9 kids for money. The only thing now that I want to improve is my health and self esteem issues as I still think like a poor cunt and find it hard to relate to others who haven't had a shit upbringing.

IRL grinding

Carl Wethers is an inspiration

kinda similar for me, but my pop got cancer and would have lived through kemo if he had a stronger body.

That's sad to hear, but we share the same road, you're in for the phisical part of a father, and im in for the mental part. We may be distant but we're close on our fate.

>things don't go well for fat people
Objectively wrong. I was a 350 pound sack of shit at 6'2" and married a sub 5' asian nympho. Shits cash.
But that nympho got a brain in her head, and pushed me to lose weight and get healthy. Now I'm a 230 pound sack of shit.
Guess I didn't have a breaking point but a person pushing me to he better than I was

Hell yeah bro thats the shit I like hearing. Cheers man im glad you turned shit around!!

Originally started getting interested as a kid because my father had a small homegym, did not start lifting as I know it much later. Instead of using or selling it, he eventually let it rust away somewhere in a shed until he threw all of his stuff away. At he moment he eats a salad once in a while but doesn't do anything healthy anymore. My siblings are getting fatter and live a shitty lifestyle, wasting away their days by gaming and social media in their free time. I have been a little chubby for as long as I remember and did judo for some years, but I never really felt good about myself. Visiting this board really got me started taking my health more seriously after coming here from /r9k/ and /pol/ and other than starting lifting I started taking interest in other hobbies like reading. I hope to surpass what my father once was and I want to be a good father for my future children.

I have 2 boys and I want to live long for them, Im going to be that dad thats always going to be there for them.

I used to hate my father too. Until I learned what he had to go through to keep our household together. He had no tools to fix it so he took the only option he could. To suffer

Fuck yeah. Fit is the voice of reason. Harsh but honest

looking to evolve into realfuckingman. i guess lifting is natural part of that

pics or I call LARP

>be me at large house party
>be with some friends, its a pretty shit party, awkward as fuck, don't know anyone outside my circle, whole party is cliquey as fuck, impossible to talk to new people
>just hang out with my friends, [spoiler]start sipping on some lean[/spoiler]
>one of my friends finds someones hat and shouts out asking who'se it is
>the owner of the hat comes out and instead of thanking us for finding the hat starts accusing us of stealing it and starts shouting to everybody that we stole his hat
>everyone ignores him, we just give him the hat and walk off.
>at the end of the party this fucking 6'9 massive cunt starts interrogating us thinking we "said something about his mum"
>manage to talk him down and he figures out we didn't say anything
>half an hour later same guy comes back accusing us of the same thing
>turns out the guy who lost his hat had told this 6'9 lanky crackhead that we had been talking shit
>crackhead proceeds to start manhandling one of my friends
>friend is counting on me to save him since i'm the only one with any actual fight training out of our group
>i weigh up the situation, i can take the guy who lost his hat but not the 6'9 crackhead and his two friends, if i engage its going to be a fucking mess of 4 against 1 (me being in no sober state, and high off the lean) in a tight hallway with bricks, concrete and readily accessible beer bottles for glassing everywhere
>have no choice but to wait for him to stop manhandling, decide to engage anyway if he actually strikes my friend
>thankfully he doesn't and decides to storm off

>in the aftermath realize i wasn't strong enough to protect my friends and decide i don't want to be in that situation ever again.

waking up at 4am without reason, walking to my kitchen to get something to eat and feeling disgusted by my reflex on a mirror
first thing i did was getting into Veeky Forums, read the sticky, went to the supermarket and bought 10lbs of chicken rice and brocoli

When was this?

>my friends gf sends me "goodnight i love you" texts every night

Wow so you went from a fat cunt to a piece of shit who fucks his friend's gf?

Wow, I totally want to be like you user.

They just said "Goodnight i love you", where the hell have you read that he fucks them? Girls do this shit exactly when they want your dick and you don't give in

>implying that allowing your "friend's" girlfriend to text you that she loves you is acceptable, ever.

i was super addicted to terrible chinese research chemicals for years. Both my wrists were paralyzed and i couldnt use my hands, then i had a big OD and my kidneys failed, i had pneumonia, my left lung collapsed, my heart was barely functioning among a bunch of other shit. It's a miracle im alive at all
Whatever muscles i had disintegrated entirely and it took me a month before i could walk thirty feet without having to sit down and gasp for air and rest.

Now a year and a half later i have control of both my hands again and im working on 1/2/3/4
I figure i was so close to death at this point i owe it to myself to be healthy
(pic related)

holy shit
what were you addicted to? did the RCs cause all those problems?

proud of you for turning it around. 1/2/3/4 is my current goal and i’m only halfway there after 6 months..

what the fuck, man

Unironically Veeky Forums when I was younger. Now, it's just that reflective attitude of "well I'm unhappy now, and if I don't change anything I'll stay unhappy" so that's restarted my liftan/movan house/not drinkan so much, and I hope that this will all encourage me to fill the voids that kicking those bad habits will create with some more positive things in life.

I want to be better than those that came before but there's nobody out there that can't inspire you in some way user, even if it's comparing flaws, which I do with my dad. He's arrogant as fuck, I'm less overt about it but I'm arrogant too, and I only came to notice this by spending time with him.

At the same time though, he's chilled out a lot over the years and I'm not really biter about anything now cause I think even he's made some late changes to his outlook and attitude - he used to enforce his opinion so much that disagreeing wasn't something people would do, but he doesn't do that anymore and now it's easier to talk to him and have discussions.

Don't be that guy that has daddy issues, spend time with him and do it productively

I want to fuck that elf.

yup, me too breh. I wanna rape that slut in every hole

>tfw getting swarmed with love hearts from a girl my best bro full homo likes
>tfw having flashbacks to the girls in high school who I beta orbited who did the same shit
>tfw might be a strong functioning friendship developing between a guy and girl but my paranoia is always saying shit in the back of my head like she's gonna ruin my friendship or I'm orbiting her even though that makes no sense because she benefits from me no more than I benefit from her (ie I don't buy her shit, she messages me to hang out)

Brehs I'm a bit of a wreck when it comes to women. I'm fixing it this year though.

I was taking etizolam clonazolam and flubromazolam daily at insane doses. I could get a gram of etizolam (500 normie doses) for 55 dollars.
The wrist paralysis is from two separate times i nodded out on my desk and cut off the blood to my hands for who knows how long
If i tried to cold turkey i would have guaranteed died, so i tapered for 6 months to get my dose low enough. I lost so much weight and had two major seizures. I was constantly hallucinating insects and shadow people whispering in my ears from the withdrawal and insomnia.
Then the OD itself and the hospital being in withdrawal. Awake for two days with a tube down my throat, could only move my eyes. Later they wouldnt give me anything stronger than advil for my chest tube. That was genuine hell.
Pic is me ~3 months ago. Might be DYEL by Veeky Forums standards but 1.5 years ago i literally couldnt lift a paperclip with either hand. You dont appreciate what you have until you lose it, man

Thanks for this Naruto

holy shit man, that’s a serious turn of events. and here i am complaining and not giving my 100% because my IBS and anxiety flare up. finishing today’s workout strong from your post

>not posting the superior bluray version

Jesus FUCK
Gonna lift an extra set of diddlys today for you (big guy) user