Sup Veeky Forums...

Sup Veeky Forums, I'm looking to get into weight lifting and I was wondering which program to do if I want to look shredded while getting a bit stronger.
I have read about SS (meme?) and SL, both of which get a lot of hate on here it seems.
What do I do to look good and how do I get started? I could go to a gym or start buying stuff to build a homegym, money is not a problem.
To my person: I'm 25 y/o, 1,81m and weigh about 70kg, so obviously I need to put on some serious weight.
Cheers.

Other urls found in this thread:

newbie-fitness.blogspot.com.au/2006/12/rippetoes-starting-strength.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Hello? Can anybody help me?

S T I C K Y
T
I
C
K
Y

Seriously, do greyskull for a while to get your numbers up. Then switch to ppl when you feel you're ready to move on. You'll get plenty of noon gains on greyskull to keep you motivated and interested.

Your numbers are gonna go up quickest doing a linear progression program such as sl/ss/greyskull.

Yes, SS/SL is a meme for idiots who think it takes “science” (lol) to come out of DYEL mode. Honestly just fucking lift weights, any weights, stick to 5-12 reps depending on whether you want to focus more on strength or hypertrophy. Make sure you lift as much as possible while still keeping good form, otherwise you are either doing fuck all OR you are slowly but surely fucking up a disc.

Seriously just fucking lift weight and look at workout videos, then when you KIND OF know what you’re doing, start thinking about routines. You’re not a pro and you don’t need to be one to get fit. JUST. FUCKING. LIFT.

You need to get strong before you get shredded.

1.81m and 70kgs are good numbers to start with. Do SS or SL (pick one) for at least four to six months. Do not quit or deviate from it. Add 2.5kgs per lift, per workout. If you fail, drop 10% the next session and go from there.

Read a lot on correct form and get this right.

Get on a meal plan and start calculating your nutritional requirements (there's stuff in the sticky about this).

no Veeky Forums posting in Veeky Forums
I lurk there, you lurk here.

I have read a little about Greyskull now, and it seems a bit less focused on strength then the other two, which I like. is PHRAK any good?

I understand what you mean and I intend to get started as soon as possible. As I said I'm thinking about buying stuff to workout at home, but I guess I'll get started by just joining a gym today. thanks mate.

why do these two programs get so much hate then? as I understand it, I need to build a "foundation" of strength before I should worry about looks, right? these two seem like a good way to do just that.

people can't stick with a program, or people don't have a good diet, or people don't do things properly. SS is designed so it will work for anyone at a beginner level, no matter your genetics.

they are a good way to do that. you'll be posting good numbers in 5 months and if you want to move to a PPL or bodybuilding program you'll be fine to do that.

the programs dont have amrap or anything like that which are really not a strength exercise.

thanks mate, I'm reading up on SS atm and it seems basic enough to get me started. Guess I'll buy a rack, a bar and some weights today, after I've read a little bit more. I have found two versions of it though, one where you do squats every workout, and another one, where you squat every other day and deadlift on the other days.

This is a good modified version (sticky approved). newbie-fitness.blogspot.com.au/2006/12/rippetoes-starting-strength.html

read the book though if you can.

Post pics faggot. I did SS and got way stronger than I had when I was fucking around with no idea what to do. The only condition is to actually read the book Starting Strength, then do either SS or greyskull LP.

What happens when you go straight to PPL and skip AS?

SS*

Post your own fucking pics, milkboi, you don’t need a fat fucking wise ass old has-been-almost-was to tell you how to lift. Just because you fucked around like a headless chicken and made no gains doesn’t mean you need Mark Milkytits’ stupid fucking book to make gains. You were just a fucking idiot until you found out about the SS meme, like whoa, I’m so surprised that it worked better than not knowing fuck all about lifting.

I mean the numbers speak for themselves but they both look pretty much the same to me. Might as well do a simple routine and get those numbers up as well if the outcome is basically the same.

I get that there's a difference between lifting for strength, and lifting for building muscle, in terms of how many reps you do. Which stats should I have before shifting, and doing more reps? - Thanks

Wtf I literally have identical stats to the left guy but I still look like shit. Fuck being 6'2"....

>unironically being a lanklet in the year 2018

It's the future now.
Your time has passed.