Plg

previous gbro was always right edition

also read this

>Chinups w/ a bar that's about the thickness of regular barbell bar
>8 chins.

>Chinups w/ a bar around which I can barely close my first
>16~

send help my mental midgetery can't comprehend how this is possible

Why can't you stupid fucks make a proper OP?

we havent made a proper Op in ages are you new

Reposting because I didn't notice post count before posting:

(About Mike T lecture)

Mike says your TTP remains relatively constant throughout a lifter's career. But doesn't it depend greatly on whatever parameters (frequency, volume, intensity etc) you chose for your initial microcycle to determine your TTP?
If I run a smolov type of template (high volume and frequency) to determine my TTP I'd probably end up peaking after 3 or 4 weeks and then performance would drop off because of fatigue buildup. But this doesn't necessarily mean that my TTP for the rest of my lifting career will be 3-4 weeks. If I run a different microcycle over and over, my TTP might be 8 weeks, for example in the case of a moderate frequency and volume template that requires much longer exposure to elicit the same gains that a really brutal template would elicit in a shorter timespan.

Mike T doesn't seem to take this into account. It seems like you need to select a template at random to determine your initial TTP and only then afterwards do you start messing around with different exercises, rep ranges, intensities etc to gather enough data to determine what you respond best to.
How come? What is the solution to this, within the framework of RTS?

tbf i've made non memeing ops with plg resources but not at home atm so don't have access to powerlifting usa collection.

I still don't understand how reps and volume work in RTS it reads like fucking gibberish to me

There even is arbitrary stop for volume so you don't pump out too many sets iirc i just don't get it

>I still don't understand how reps and volume work in RTS it reads like fucking gibberish to me
If only there was a simpler way.

naht hat is gay shit deffo

i just mash muscle until muscle cant lift

I'm sorry what's TTP

you misunderstood it I think, the TTP is constant for a certain microcycle

>. It seems like you need to select a template at random to determine your initial TTP and only then afterwards do you start messing around with different exercises, rep ranges, intensities etc to gather enough data to determine what you respond best to.
if youve been lifting for some time youll already have some idea what will work better for you

What im going to do copy a RTS style microcycle and then adjust it to my needs and use some metrics to see if the volume etc makes sense

help me understand volume according to Mike T.
When I, to best of my understanding, applied RTS volume protocols I was doing so little work and I always had ton of power left in me to do more but his guidelines left me very low on volume.

So I bet I misunderstood them. Is there a simple rundown for a retard?

did Mike T/RTS ever release at least one training template just to see what an RTS-approved program would look like?

it seems it's all about theoretical neverending blabbering with no much substance underneath besides "ok, these are all the principles and theories, now go figure your own program yourself"

>tfw have the flu and haven't worked out in a week
wht even keep living all gains are gone

get coached by him, get custom made program

is he jewish?
sounds like the typical jewish ploy to push you into spending some shekels.

has more results than Rippetoe but people still pay to be coached by Riptits

he shows a couple of templates he made in that video i linked, well he made them for certain people. Otherwise look in the forums for his old templates but it has fatigue% he doesnt use that anymore

you mean you used the fatigue% protocol? Yeah he says that its outdated doesnt use it anymore, because it can be very inaccurate

what works better is try different things, 5x5, 6x6, 3x5 at different intensities and see if you can recover. I mean dont overthink it use your brain. If you did 3 sets of deadlifts one day and you feel very tired the next day then you know you did too much. Start with something and adjust as you go

lol is that really garagebro

Yep fatigue protocol.
After 2 weeks of being fucked in the head by clear undertraining I just winged it, made up arbitrary sets and reps where I followed my fatigue with RPE and did less or more depending of daily strength.

felt more sane. got more volume.

it doesnt matter. we think he is that so he has to be.

isnt fatigue the criterion to even base his RPE training on? what does he use now then?

>a couple of templates he made in that video i linked
do you know aroudn what time during those 2 hours?

In a game of pretend you can be anything

I failed OHP today and I hate myself so much.

It's OK user you won't need to OHP at the meet

I was having the best bench gains of my entire training history recently, I was excited to go train just like when I first started going to the gym many years ago.

Then I hit a plateau and now I barely go to the gym and don't care about it anymore its gay

>suck at bench
>good at dips
>great with ohp
relatively speaking ofc.
whats this condition called? narrow-shoulders mode i guess

I don't care about powerlifting I just come here because it's the only decent thread on Veeky Forums.

You don't want to go to the gym because you don't have a plan on breaking the plateau.

Is exercise affected by the relative position of the heart to the moving parts?

Mainly thinking the effect this might have on horizontal - angled - vertical leg presses

pic related is a cap I took from the video, its how he programs. Left is a microcycle he used himself and right is a better example of what he would use for other people. Theres some grills microcycle in the vid too but cba to look that one up

notice how he always starts with a single @8 for the main movements. Its to estimate a 1rm and use weight based off of that

5/3/1

Need more intensity?
>3/5/1 with TM singles.
>Joker sets.
>BBB accessory shifted to 5x3, or 5x1.
>Second Set Last.

Need more volume?
>531 Pyramid.
>First set last AMRAP or multiple sets.
>Second Set Last or multiple sets.
>Big But Boring.
>Rule of 50.
>531 advanced

Need more or less days for frequency?
>100 + templates.

Need challenges?
>20+ challenges for strength, size, or conditioning

Need principles?
>use compound barbell movements
>start too light
>progress slow, but steady
>set personal bests

Building a program isn't hard. Pick what works for your goals, and stop overthinking it.

oh wait lmao the left one isnt the one he used thats a deload microcycle sorry, hence the high reps

Lol ok yeah sure I'll just fix the plateau loooooooool

the right one is useful.
the way he does it is just like the Barbell medicine style. not surprised.

what confuses me is how to decide the load drop/drop sets/repeats and all that faggotry

>what confuses me is how to decide the load drop/drop sets/repeats and all that faggotry
based on how fatigued you feel its not hard

It says 1 downsets or 2.
That's very little volume?

what part? be more specific

For rows.
I'm back obsessed.

Like I'm positive that two rows twice a week where you have only one @9 set and one down set (?) is not enough for me.

but then again I'm stupid fuck and Mike is a beast.

whats a down set? whats the difference with load drop or drop set?
where can i find all the definitions for these phrases?

i dont get why you cant adjust for yourself, it was just an example of how he does it

just make a microcycle and have a lock of back volume problem fixed, just put it in the right moment. Its not like rows effect the powerlfits that much, unless youre doing 60 sets a week or something

a loaddrop, downset and backoff set is essentially the same thing. A decrease in weight basicly
a dropset is a superset where you do certain amount of reps and keep lowering the weight until you cant anymore

I can and I do. I am just trying to understand what Mike means and intents. Of course it's a powerlifting method focused on peaking so it is not directly aimed for me.

but I still think he is onto something and I want to understand him better.

>a dropset is a superset.
wait I thought superset when you do like, two movements overlapping, ie. press 1 set, chinups 1 set -rest- press 2nd set, chinup 2nd set

mike beleives that you only should do powerlifting specific stuff because all that other stuff generates too much systemic fatigue

while to a certain degree thats def true, but how much performance increase not doing enougb back work will yield is probally not that much. Its not like any of us is near 600 wilks dont think it would hurt

>a powerlifting method focused on peaking
i think you can easily re-run the template to load up on volume get stronger overtime if you are not interested in a peaking phase

i like to load up on frequency, because that is what my body seems to respond to best out of the three (volume-intensity-frequency)

dont even think thats necessary

because if you are stronger then youre doing more volume by default since volume could be defined as total reps X weight

according to rts doctrine, volume is the only variable that can infinitely be increased, thats why they give so much importance to it.
intensity and frequency are obviously finite instead

lol volume is key to training i thought that was common knowledge now

i've jujst done what works for me in practice i don't know the smartest ways, this got me [spoiler]bigger[/spoiler] and stronger progressively so i didn't there was anything wrong

>volume is key to training i thought that was common knowledge now
Makes sense considering all the sub 350 wilks GDEs running Sheiko. Lol.

my wilks is like 10

i can only do one of the required lifts and barely with any weight.

I want to kill myself I want to ohp 2 plate 3x5

that was 'easy''
i did that before i could bench 2plate
i just cant into bench
that lift fucks with my brain too much

I know what you mean, it's the same for me.

Post your height, weight and stats (manlets only) I'll start:

height: 6ft
weight:225lbs
2/1.5/3/5

5'11
100kg
0/2.5ish/0/0

6'2
173lbs
0.5/1/7/8
I'm doing SS, really wish my bench and ohp would go up, but Wendler says not to program hop.

>6'2
stop lying you fucking manlet

reminder that the you win a meet with squats and deadlifts bench isnt that important

yo..

A chain is only as strong as its weakest link

>Post your height, weight and stats (manlets only)
5'8"
205 lbs
1.7/3.2/5.0/6.1

>you fucking manlet
wew nice freudian slip

Height: 183cm
Weight: 97kg
Alle for triples
>185 / 105 / 177,5

What should I get from the Chinese other than duck pancakes and spring rolls

bro jobbu

Noob here
Will I die if I don't do week 4 of cuckols beg2x deadlift but start over instead?

What if you squat and dead the same as someone else?

WHY AREN'T YOU BUILDING IT

I call bullshit, no way you're going to have OHP bigger than your bench, especially not 185 to 105

/plg/ a month ago
>Try harder
/plg/ now
>Start very light and progress slowly

You can try hard while starting lighter if you do variations in 3 dimensions and not in typical two.

You do know this is plg right?
>squat / bench / deadlift

Wtf I rang the Chinese and the guy says hello and I start reading my order and halfway through he hangs up and now every time I ring back they won't pick up the phone

Guess I'm getting pizza

You should always try hard.

dont be rude

Fuck you

Try hard to move lightweight? What am I, a tripfag?

The 5/3/1 shilling is just a single troll trying to bait with much success, it's not a serious thing here, I'm sure most anons while tell you that 5/3/1 sucks.

does trying hard include injecting test

Benchlets: I recommend you do handstand pushups with wall support with hands on your nape, it really improves bench lockout somehow (actually the entire part of the bench just after you get the bar off the chest)

without*

Benchlets I recommend you dips cuz they're pretty cool

its not one person i know because i started the wendler shilling lmao and i giess someone copied it and went from there kke

I suspect its sean and some autist

They hurt my sternum and clavicle :(

I'm not an autist I just think it's funny

Are you doing them wrong?

>/plg/ a month ago
>>Try harder
>/plg/ now
>>Start very light and progress slowly
Trying harder and starting light and progressing slowly are not mutually exclusive.

Having discipline over a long period of time is difficult for some people. And they need to get better.

What are your stats, manlet wendler

No matter how i do them i get this extreme tightness and pain in my left sternoclavicular joint. Then it pops and stops hurting for an hour or two then it hurts again, pops again and so on for a week or two everytime i tries dips. I just stopped doing them at all.

Chad mode

thanks jim

I'm not wendler.

My wilks is over 400.

473 to be exact, I haven't run anything besides the bare minimum because 5/3/1 is that good. Buy the program. 20 weeks structured. Stop thinking. Fuck you, pay me.

just fuck my bench up senpai

2 Jims.

One doesn't claim to be Jim, and gives basic advice.

The other acts like a colossal asshat.

Really gets my plazma churning.

Is a weak binch the ultimate sign of a gde?

Sh-shutup

its a good estimate since most gdes are long armed sumopullers