Let’s settle this once and for all bois. Best grip for diddlys?

Let’s settle this once and for all bois. Best grip for diddlys?

my hands are too small for hook so just use straps

mixed grip is pretty good if you're a beginner

I use hook for warm ups and mixed for heavy lifts

What's there to settle?
>Double overhand is obviously the best choice but most people lack grip strength to use that when pulling heavy deads.
>Use mixed when DO fails
>Hook grip eventually destroys nerves in your thumbs

double overhand if you're not a manlet faggot

I never use mixed grip because im afraid of bicep Tear. Usually hook grip because it feels most natural, heavy weights are easier with double overhand though

mixed grip if you're a brainlet, hook grip for people who want to pull more weight

My rule is you should be able to doulbe overhand atleast 3 plates

Can't do hook myself due to early arthritis in one thumb.
Can do mixed but never feel comfortable with it.
Mostly use doh, and I have forearms that let me lift that way for insane volume

I use double overhand up to about 240lbs, then use straps.

Double underhand master race here

christ

Hook grip. Straps for rack pulls and high rep RDLs.
I don't fuck with mixed grip, I can't get my back tight and I have weird elbow joints.

The real answer is whatever let's you lift the most

Double overhand, griplets

whatever it takes

Mixed or hook are obviously superior for strength, since you can pull more.

nerves dont help you lift so theres no issue

I use mixed grip for conventional, hook grip for sumo.

Strap in and do dedicated grip work. Deadlifts aren't a competitive lift for me.

thast fucking easy dood

Always use hook or straps if I'm feeling like a thumblet. Could never get the hang of mixed - couldn't stop myself windmilling no matter what I tried.

Always overhand. Alternating makes me feel like ill end up with Jason Genova shoulders

Double over every day

Double overhand, but once you’re deadlifting heavy it’s almost impossible to use, making mixed grip second best. Hook grip is good for Olympic lifts, but if you’re deadlifting very heavy weights then it can be seriously painful, and ineffective.

This. Stop hook after 405 tho bcuz I'm a Lil bitch

The truest answer

Always double overhand. Mixed if you're getting used to the new higher weight.

>not finishing your deadlift with a barbell curl
lmfaoing at you twinks

Double overhand no matter what, even for a PB.

>btfo griplets

best one is obviously double overhand. If your grip is lagging and you don't want to stop to train it, hook grip it is. If again, grip is lagging, go for straps. By going mixed grip you are already giving grip strenght up, might as well go with something that is safe and reliable, and that cannot cause unbalance in your physique or tear your biceps.
whenever possible, do double overhand though, I use straps only for my heavist deadlift reps

>Hook grip is good for Olympic lifts, but if you’re deadlifting very heavy weights then it can be seriously painful, and ineffective.
take a minute and consider what you are advising.

olympic lifters use hook grip with +200kg, clarence kennedy deadlifted 300kg (661lbs) using hookgrip. The VAST majority of the people here can't deadlift more than 200kg (440lbs), so if you are saying hook grip is fine for oly lifts, its completely fine for people here.

>Only DO 240
Dyel?

Double underhand

uhhhh... straps? tearing my biceps doesnt seem too tempting

Double overhand for romanian n conventional diddlys. Mixed grip for sumo . just feels more natural too me.

Never hook grip my right thumb is fucked up.

To be fair with hook grip at heavier weights you need to properly tape your thumbs. 0 Veeky Forumsizens have access to Olympic tier trainers, let alone the ability to tape their thumbs