This ugly son of a bich is on a cut right now and this is what he says in his most recent video

This ugly son of a bich is on a cut right now and this is what he says in his most recent video

>"Diet is going pretty well so far. Im suprised how much muscle im putting on. Im building so much muscle that this week i haven't lost much weight"
i can't even believe how fucking retarded this guy is

Other urls found in this thread:

marksdailyapple.com/the-fat-burning-brain-what-are-the-cognitive-effects-of-ketosis/
psychologytoday.com/blog/evolutionary-psychiatry/201104/your-brain-ketones
youtube.com/watch?v=Dan8qtgQRi8&t=173s
youtube.com/watch?v=M57x0_HQnlw&t=1s
youtube.com/watch?v=1g6tLplnt3o
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>"yea couldnt train for the last couple of weeks as i was severely sick again"
this nigga vegan gets sick like 6 times a year and wonders why

yeah he is a retarded faggot, but u actually can builkd muscle cutting. you have to remain in a state of positive nitrogen balance and be losing weight at a slow rate

I'm sorry, but you are dumb. There's many ways you can treat this. I recommend blowing your brains out

why does everyone say it's impossible to lose weight while building muscle. on the keto diet you're literally just burning fat. what is the biochemistry involved that says you can't utilize your fat stores for energy while the protein from your intake supplements muscle gains

are ethical vegans allowed to use products that were made/provided through the exploitation of humans?
what if a beast of burden was used to plow their vegetable garden?

Is he an inside job against vegans? He really does make them look bad

Catabolic and anabolic processes affect tissue more or less indiscriminately. The main exception being if there’s a ludicrous excess of fat involved. Your body ‘wants’ to hold onto muscle tissue because it is difficult and quite costly to build in terms of time and resources though. so you can hang on to more by keeping your protein intake high and lifting at as high an intensity as you can (which lets your body know it still ‘needs’ the muscle in so far as it’s possible to keep it.) But you won’t be able to gain muscle on a cut unless you’re extremely weak and extremely fat - where would the energy come from?

Also keto forces the body to prioritise energy from dietary fat but it doesn’t make you burn STORED fat faster. It helps with weight loss more because it helps people comply with a calorie restriction than anything else.

have you ever been on a keto diet?

not him but im currently running a cyclical keot diet to cut. feel pretty good. te key is to get in a lot of saturated fat to keep test high. also doing shorter, more frequent workouts to avoid burnout

Keto theoretically works, but it doesn't prevent the fact that the body NEEDS glucose. When you start to get to lower bodyfat percentages, muscle will begin to break down to be made into glucose, its primary energy sources.

I propose this; why not a well-rounded diet composed of many different foods? No? Yeah, I'll just go fuck myself.

a few things.

>extremely fat
does the body prioritize burning fat from someone with a bf of 30% as opposed to someone with 20%?

>where would the energy come from
the 3500 calories in a pound of fat

>burning stored fat faster
but it does burn stored fat faster, because it needs the fat for energy for muscles AND to break it down into ketones to use for your brain since there is minimal glucose available

>body NEEDS glucose
no it doesn't. the body breaks down fatty acids into ketones for the nervous system
marksdailyapple.com/the-fat-burning-brain-what-are-the-cognitive-effects-of-ketosis/
>Although mainstream sources still mistake “the brain needs glucose” for “the brain can only run on glucose,” regular MDA readers know the truth: given sufficient adaptation, the brain can derive up to 75% of its fuel from ketone bodies, which the liver constructs using fatty acids.

now note that it says 'constructs', an -anabolic' process

lions don't eat glucose, yet they live for years and years

psychologytoday.com/blog/evolutionary-psychiatry/201104/your-brain-ketones
>It is true that some parts of some brain cells can only burn glucose, but fortunately our bodies can turn protein into glucose through a process known as gluconeogenesis. This fact means that while there are essential requirements for both fat or protein (meaning we would die without eating at least some fat and at least some protein), we can live quite happily while consuming no carbohydrate at all.

you guys need to do your research

"Marksdailyapple.com" is not a valid scientific reference

>no it doesn't
>goes on to list two sources saying it does

Fucking this.
Yes you oxidize more fat on a ketogenic diet, but you're also EATING more fat, and you are also STORING more fat, so in the end it's all the same.
You don't "build muscle" at any noticeable ammount on a caloric deficit regardless of your macronutrient ratio unless you're eating like half a kilo of protein a day and not much else

Your body literally needs glucose to survive, that's why hypoglycemia puts you in a coma and kills you if you don't have enough blood glucose.
Guess where glucose comes from, mostly from carbs you eat, protein(ingested or from your muscle stores) or in very small ammounts from fatty acids.

keto works in theory and in practice, and its like you said, muscle wont be broken down until you get to lower bodyfat percentages. at bodyfat of 10%+, there is no such concern

It’s not as precise as that, but more or less yes.

As to the other two: You have to remember that your body isn’t a lab. Yes there’s 3500 calories in a pound of fat, but when your body requires energy to make up for a deficit it doesn’t simply liquidate fat to provide it, it sends out a hormonal signal that says: ‘break shit down and give us juice, I don’t care where it comes from.’ There then follows an argument between various different bits about what should get used, and some of that will always come from each of glycogen, fat, and actual tissue - especially if you’ve been exercising and especially if that exercise was high volume (which causes tissue damage, with damaged tissue being a very inviting thing to break up to use as a fuel source.) As I said you can use dietary intake and training to modulate the signals somewhat in favour of retaining muscle, but you can’t competely stop catabolic processes from breaking it down just as you can’t stop anabolic processes building both muscle and fat.

As to your last point: what do you think would happen if you ate a keto diet with maintenance calories? Or at a surplus?

Wrong, energy deficits are by default more catabolic than energy balance or surplus, so you will lose muscle or at the very least inhibit further growth.
Calories are almost as important as protein intake when it comes to growth when you're past the novice and intermediate stages of lifting.
Maybe if you have genetics of the gods and anabolics you can get a way with it by waving your calories on a daily/weekly basis but it just makes both processes(fat loss and muscle growth) that much slower.

maybe his mom is an anti vaxer

If he was vaccinated during the time he was kid, there's a 75% chance he'd be autistic or a tranny.

He's more then likely sick because of the steroids and vegan diet.
High test levels + heavy training = a completely shot immune system.
100% vegan lifestyle = weakened immune system as well.

you know those people who spout misinformation in a way that seems confident and reliable, but in reality is just wrong enough to completely ruin the concept? that's exactly what you're doing. a state of ketosis makes fat the PRIMARY source of energy, so if there is enough fat then the body will not burn muscle or protein. like you said, muscle is valuable, fat is expendable, why would it ever be biologically advantageous to burn muscle when there is even a scrap of fat left to burn?

watch this youtube.com/watch?v=Dan8qtgQRi8&t=173s

Holy shit if that's a standard bar, he's fucking huge.

You know people who think that YouTube videos and magical thinking can contradict what actually happens in real life? And also suck dicks? That u.

oh please. your body actually runs better on ketones than it does on glucose, and it can extract 100% of its energy from fat alone. keto is the literal epitome of the perfect diet for anyone who has access to fatty meat and leafy greens.

>a state of ketosis makes fat the PRIMARY source of energy
Yeah, and since you're eating more fat you are also storing more fat, since it's your PRIMARY source of energy.
Get it?
You're gonna be in the exact same predicament as people on normal diets.

Also please don't link that bullshit guy's videos here, someone who claims min maxing growth hormone is gonna make you retain more muscle is a retard. Not even injecting growth hormone helps muscle mass retention, it just promotes growth in the joints, not skeletal muscle.

Here's a guy who's a ketonerd and did a 4k calorie challenge.
He ended up getting fatter, and actually failed to gain any muscle(actual results imply that he lost muscle during the whole bulk)
youtube.com/watch?v=M57x0_HQnlw&t=1s

>get it
if you're eating maintenance or at a restriction, you'll burn everything that comes in. actually if you're eating carbs then your body is going to release insulin, and do you know what insulin does? insulin is the hormone that tells the body to store glucose in the blood cells, muscles, and everything extra into fat. this means that even if you eat carbs at an -estimated restriction- you'll still gain fat because your body will burn through whats in your muscles and cells and just lower your mental functions to save energy while ketone bodies are being released -to burn fat-.

i've already lost 35 lbs on the keto diet, so i'm in a great position. TONS of energy, no mood swings, it's fucking awesome.

I can't believe ow stupid and retarded you are. kys now you disgusting homo

so he's eating more calories than he's burning and it's surprising that he gained fat? of course he would. why would you even waste my time with posting this

You lost fat and if you aren't a complete beginner or obese you most likely lost muscle as well, or at least you gained none.
Just increasing your protein intake on a normal diet is more anabolic than a keto diet by default because carbs themselves are used in specific processes that manage amino acid recylcing from damaged muscle tissue or from trace ammounts found in the blood or GI system, not to mention carbs are insulinogenic and are therefore anabolic.

Please watch the video I linked, the relevant part starts at 4:50 This guy is not a novice or a beginner, he's at least intermediate and he LOST muscle on a ketogenic diet despite eating 4000 calories and gaining fat.

>keep getting told that ketogenic diets burn more fat
>show anecdote from a guy who's literally marketing himself as a keto athletes, and did his absolute best at his ketogenic bulk
>he failed to gain muscle and got fatter

It's surprising that he gained fat and LOST muscle, that's the whole point of the video, that a ketogenic diet is not optimal, and if you eat enough calories you WILL get fat, just like any other diet man, that's the whole point.

lol why are you guys talking about stuff that isn't going to help you lift
just be yourself and go talk to girls outside or something

there's one thing i want to address, what is this guy actually doing for fitness? has he been on the same bro-split for the past year and is riding the plateau, does he do any sort of intensive cardio, does he even take quick walks? it's -stupid- to watch this one video that details a guy stuffing his face for 3 months and then watch his results without taking into account how those calories are being spent.

He squats 5 plates, I'd say he trains better than most people at the gym, and he's fairly muscular and competes in bodybuilding.
Also, it's irrelevant if he's stuffing his face for 3 hours, he's eating exactly 4000 calories in his entire challenge, the whole challange was to prove that insulin levels are irrelevant when it comes to energy balance, that calories are what matter.
You don't need to spike insulin to get fat from the fat you eat, that's why worrying so much about specific hormones and trying to min max growth hormone or insulin is an exercise in futility.
What matters is available amino acids for muscle protein synthesis, and an energy deficit/surplus/balance depending on your goals.
Anything else is of very minor importance.

youtube.com/watch?v=1g6tLplnt3o
Here's another video of another guy who's big into ketogenic diets, failed to gain any noticeable ammount of muscle mass but gained noticeable fat.

Also, if you need to worry abouy calories while eating a ketogenic diet, you have to ask yourself if it really matters if your insulin is high or not, or if ketones magically make your body work better. because from the look of it there really is no body recomposition advantage in this type of diet at all, in fact it seems to have a big disadvantage in average joes that don't rely on anabolic steroids.

second thing to address. these guys are on a 500 calorie surprise. one gained overall 5% bf while the other dropped 3% then gained it back. he says in the video that in the first month they were on a high protein diet (now in keto the body burns fat) and both of them felt lethargic and it was hard to actually work out. so of course it'll be tough to actually burn calories, but one of them lost 3% bf.

not to mention one gained 3 lbs and the other lost 6 lbs, all while on a 500 kcal surplus.

honestly i think these guys are just at the limits of what how large their bodies can actually get without steroids.

i do keto because i can eat 1500 kcal a day and still have tons of energy, plus lose weight and lift. that's my personal reason.

Keto diet is retarded, stop the fucking misinformation.

>lions don’t eat glucose
And cows can synthesize protein from grass what’s your point dumb ass

man that's the same shit. the guy eats 4000 calories a day and thinks it's surprising that he gains weight. i get what you're saying, if you eat too many calories then you'll gain weight, and that's very true. what i'm saying is that the beauty of keto is that you can enter ketosis and then drop your kcal level to a large restriction and still have tons of energy because your body is burning stores rather than relying on glycolysis to burn carbs whenever they're available.

lol literally every apex predator relies on the keto diet and there are lots of sharks and tigers and spiders.

You don't understand, this guy is a literal shill for ketogenic diets, his whole thing is about being a bodybuilding on ketosis.
He has 0 reason to show that his type of diet is inferior in any aspect.
And he still failed to gain muscle on a BULK, that's a sign that something is definitely not going well. He's not really surprised he gained fat, only retards think calories don't matter, what's interesting in his challenge is that he actually tested his bodyfat and lean body mass markers and he seems to have gained bodyfat(total AND in percentage) and lost muscle mass(total AND in percentage).
This proves without a shadow of a doubt that ketogenic diets are not magical, that if you are eating too many caloreis you are gonna get fat just lke in ANY OTHER DIET.
The guy was at least expecting to gain some muscle though, and that's the interesting part, he didn't, he lost muscle.
No one loses muscle on a bulk unless he stops training, it's not normal, it shows there's an issue with his diet since he never stopped lifting during the challenge.
Ketosis does not grant any body composition benefits whatsoever, these challenge videos prove it, and so does the medical literature.

so then he's working against his own interests.
>keto diets are not magical
that's what i said
>if you eat too many calories then you'll gain weight

and like i said, i think there's an issue with his routine, or he's at a solid plateau...not to mention that water retention can skew body fat percentages if you're using anything other than calipers

and like i said before, the benefit of keto is being able to eat a large restriction with no ill effects

>Shirt of "Vegan Legion"
>Literally THE SKULL OF AN ANIMAL on his shirt

The absolute state of veganfags

I MADE A THREAD ON WHY KETO DIETS SUCK!

SEE THE FACTS:

STOP BEING RETARDS

I personally think he shouldn't have lost muscle at all, he should have gained at least SOME muscle.
I'm guessing it had something to do with the very low protein intake he was on, as he was on a true traditional ketogenic diet(~80% calories coming from fat) and wanted to make sure his protein intake wouldn't kick him out of ketosis.

If he ate more protein he would get better results I'm guessing.

>vegan mentally ill sociopath retard
>also wears the toe-shoes
how can one person be so unlikable

If it helps user, I get what you are saying. No idea why the guy you are talking to is missing the point.
>keto is for fat fucks. Lifters need a lifters diet.

The guy nearly lost his leg to an e.coli infection and was basically nuked by antibiotics to try to save it. Your gut flora will never be the same after that, and that gut flora is integral to proper immune system function. I wouldn't doubt it if a lot of the foods he eats in big amounts (like oats) trigger an allergic response.

Also he lives like a hoarder and his shitty apartment is full of garbage and animal shit.

>Canadian
>fucking an ugly tranny
Also I find it ironic that he is vegan for moral, ethical, and health reasons, but is also explosively angry (high stress + blood pressure) and mentally I'll.

>but is also explosively angry (high stress + blood pressure) and mentally I'll.

To be fair he is black and that's just the way they are. Check the crime stats!

protein won't kick you out of ketosis, it's really hard to actually get out of ketosis to a meaningful extent short of eating 100g of sugar over a few days.

like i said, i think he's just at his overall limit, after watching some of his workout videos it seems like he does the same workouts all the time, and has been doing them since day 1. and there's no backne or huge tri's so it doesn't look like he does steroids either. maybe he doesn't rest enough, maybe he's too active, who knows. but it doesn't make sense that this diet was the culprit because a person's liver still produces glycogen in the liver.

that doesn't make sense. the guy can squat 485 while on keto.

It's funny that you say that. I'm watching an angry gamer compilation and the amount of white kids breaking their (parents) shit is insane. Fucking school shooters amirite?

Keto has been studied, it does not produce significant fat loss beyond the same base caloric deficit, please please end this meme

why it sounds pretty legit

so hes controlling his diet but still working out, why wouldnt he be making gains?

>been lifting for years, long past the novice stage
>supposedly eating at a deficit
>gaining so much muscle he hasn't lost weight
It just doesn't add up. If he's that good at packing on muscle, he should be much bigger and stronger by now.

Is anyone of you keto faggots not completely dyel?

Does his "wife" exercise at all? Why can't the bitch do cardio?