Just count your calories bro

>just count your calories bro
This is literally impossible to fucking do unless you are only eating prepackaged food or you are an autist that carries a food scale around with you at all times, separating out food ingredients to put on the scale and mixing them back together after doing your calculations.
Just know what an appropriate portion is versus overeating by watching your weight on the scale brainlets.

estimate you dumb fuck
err on the side of caution if it is a strict diet.
if you fuck up your diet for a meal, move on and just do better next meal choice

So, what you're saying is, you aren't going to make it

The secret is to never eat out, always have pre-cooked meals

It's not for everyone.

This. OP is clearly DYEL

It works for me. I already lost 30 pounds.

I am cutting by knowing how many calories foods contain (I.e. X oz of chicken has X number of calories, where as X oz of pasta has 2X calories) and making sure I only eat what I need to

you utter retard
you subhuman
you fucking ape
eat at home and youre problem is fixed

Look up the values of common ingredients ahead of time. Prepare your own food so you know what's in it. Plan ahead a little bit.
It took me literally 2 hours to plan out several different meals that I've been cycling through for the past 5 months. During bulking phases I just increased the size of my lunch portions accordingly. You get a "feel" for the right amount of nutrients after a while so eating elsewhere once in a while isn't a big deal. If you eat way too much once every like 2 weeks -- no big deal, call it cheat day.

You're not supposed to keep track of your consumption down to the last calorie, but with some planning you can get pretty close.

OP here, this is the only way you can accurately count your calories. That’s why apps like MyFitnessPal are useless unless if you eat anywhere but at home.
How am I supposed to know how many calories are in my spinach and chicken salad at the salad bar at work? I have no idea, I just know it’s not very many

>This is literally impossible to fucking do unless you are only eating prepackaged food

What do you mean, are you not eating food that is packaged? Do you go hunt deer and cant count calories or something? Look at package, Count the calories per 100 gram, weigh food. Fucking so easy. Sometimes i wonder how people can be so retarded.

Eat the same things a lot (you do already) and keep track of it. Measure your food on a kitchen scale. Decrease the amount you eat until you start losing weight at the rate you want.

Why is this difficult?

I do ration what I eat by knowing in general how calorie-heavy food items are, not by literally counting calories

>Measure your food on a kitchen scale

This is the most difficult part for me. I'm so used to just throwing ingredients in without measuring, I know exactly what's 'enough' when I'm cooking, but I have no idea what the calorific value of the end result is. I feel like it would take forever to measure out exact quantities of each ingredient, then estimate portion sizes of the finished meal.

>MFP
>Useless

You realize they have a restaurant menu function, right?

once you do a type of food like three times you can just estimate after that, quit being fat and lazy

Yeah, this is why not everyone is going to make it. Most don't have the discipline or the drive to.

>put food on scale
>look at scale
>put food on plate
you're right it's so hard to do that. really hope this is a bait thread

>breakfast
4 eggs=360 calories
4 slices of bacon= 160 calories
cheese on top of eggs=100 calories
>lunch
protein shake with milk=250 calories
apple and banana=130 calories
>dinner
ground turkey=200 calories
onion and tomato=80 calories
tortilla=200 calories
cheese=80 calories

wow that was so hard, i really don't know how i did it

You only have to be autistic at the beginning, after some weeks you will be able to estimate calories just as well as you estimate time or light weights.

>hurr durr it can't be done
I've been doing it for a little over 10 years now. You're just looking for excuses to continue being a fatass.

THIS. My exact experience after all this time: I can look at most foods and have a good estimate of how many kcals.