Ketogenic Diet is Retarded!

Seriously why are so many people on here pushing keto diets? Don't you know you're basically killing yourself?

Paleo Mom's Warning Page:
thepaleomom.com/adverse-reactions-to-ketogenic-diets-caution-advised/
Starved Brain on Ketones and Glucose:
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/bmb.2005.49403304246/full
Ketogenic Diet Contents:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17332207
6.7% of keto children got kidney stones:
journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1177/0883073807301926
Child dies on Keto Diet from Heart Attack and Pancreatitis:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11575609
15% of keto children had enlarged hearts study:
n.neurology.org/content/54/12/2328 Sudden cardiac death is keto diet:
deepdyve.com/lp/elsevier/sudden-cardiac-death-in-association-with-the-ketogenic-diet-WK63iPSt2S
GI disturbances, low blood protein keto diet:
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1059131112003032
Study with large list of adverse effects, deficiency:
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.0013-9580.2004.10004.x/full
More adverse effects:
researchgate.net/publication/7253814_The_ketogenic_diet_From_molecular_mechanisms_to_clinical_effects Keto blogger with ~300 LDL:
livingvertical.org/2015/12/29/ketogenic-diet-and-high-cholesterol/
Higher Cortisol on Keto Diet Study:
jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/1199154

Other urls found in this thread:

ajcn.nutrition.org/content/87/1/44.full
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2716748/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27385608/
jandonline.org/article/S0002-8223(07)01475-7/pdf
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2989112/
colorado.edu/intphys/Class/IPHY3700_Greene/pdfs/atkins/freedman.pdf
m.youtube.com/watch?v=2dbR2JZmlWo
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/12826028/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/921419
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/6812012/
parenting.com/blogs/show-and-tell/lauren-parentingcom/vegan-nursing-moms-baby-dies-malnutrition
generationrescue.org/latest-news/ketogenic-diet-explained/
parenting.com/blogs/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23423521
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10891970
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23083788
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23083789
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16554528
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16818808
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10891962
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25313065
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27071786
ajcn.nutrition.org/content/early/2016/07/05/ajcn.116.133561.full.pdf html
cell.com/cell-metabolism/fulltext/S1550-4131(15)00350-2
youtube.com/watch?v=jSqndisTySg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glycogen
hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/what-should-you-eat/fats-and-cholesterol/
hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/cholesterol/
health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/stop-worrying-about-fat
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Kill vegans

fuck off with this copypasta

I put a blog article as first link in the OP, because that's where keto-tards get most their info from anyway.

Keto equal to other low carb diet in weight loss, adverse effects:
ajcn.nutrition.org/content/87/1/44.full
Weight Loss in Obese Adults Keto, 450 cal deficit:
Keto Controlled Feeding Trial, Less Fat Loss, NIH:
Reduced the desire to exercise on keto:
jandonline.org/article/S0002-8223(07)01475-7/pdf
Low Carb Diets Increase All Cause Mortality:

>keto is bad

also you'll develop kidney stones if you're dehydrated, and EVERYONE knows that if you're in ketosis you need more water than if you weren't

>Sourcing anything from a mommy blog

kys my man

wait, all these observations look like they were from children who were already in bad shape, suffering from seizures and various other maladies.

That's where keto retards get their info from, don't they.

Maybe sick and fat children shouldn't be on Keto?

But I thought keto was good for people who want to lose fat?

lol it says retard

I only do it to lose weight for a week or two.

They only put sick children(that could possibly in anyway benefit from a keto diet) in keto diets.
If they end up suffering from something else it's entirely on the diet, not on the children.

Literally one link, one, from PALEOmom or whatever the fuck that means, out of 10+.

Just because it happens to children doesn't mean it can't happen to you. Keto diet was invented to treat children with epilepsy. Also not every study is done on children.

Keto diets are not even that great for losing weight, most of the weight lost is water weight and when stopping with the diet you'll fastly regain your weight.

eh, i've been on keto for a few months and i'm fine. i feel way better than when i wasn't. 35 lbs down and counting.

What the fuck is that supposed to mean?
We're discussing a diet that presents a great risk on certain age groups of people, that's very alarming and telling about its safety and continuity.
If children cannot be on ketogenic diets, then why do you think you will do much better?
It shows that the diet is not natural or normal in humans and therefore shouldn't be promoted.

children are highly susceptible to anything. of course some sick kids going through the effects of keto flu would have some bad times. keto flu sucks even for an adult

Water weight man, keto diet is really bad for losing actual weight. Here see this:
colorado.edu/intphys/Class/IPHY3700_Greene/pdfs/atkins/freedman.pdf

>fastly
Daily reminder to ignore all brainlet posts

>if children have a high mortality from the flu then fully grown adults will be just as bad

Retard detected

I definitely did not hold onto 20 pounds of water weight when I weighed 210 and lost the weight on keto

Keto is great for losing weight and an excellent diet for certain conditions. Babies and children are also malnourished and have died from vegan and unhealthy diets too. People have heart attacks and strokes taking diet pills. Some People are stupid and will go to extremes to lose weight or live a lifestyle. Mortality rates caused by the Keto diet are very low. Just because it doesn't work for one person doesn't mean it won't work for the next. Low carb/Atkins/Keto are the diets that medical Drs put very obese and prediabetic people on because they work. They work because the body learns to burn fat instead of glucose and stabilize blood sugar. If done incorrectly, like any diet, yes, it can be harmful. Keto is also being considered as the diet of choice for severely autistic individuals.

keto works great, but not for retards
you need to drink more water, increase your intake of minerals like potassium sodium and magnesium.
you need to eat alot of green leafy vegetables, you need about 30% less protein then normal.
your body produces the glycogen your brain needs itself, and if not, you can eat 20-25g carbs in the start, and when fat adapted (2-4monts of keto), even as much as 50-75g carbs WITHOUT breaking keto.

ive done keto for years, my strenght is the same as on carbs because i'm fat adapted. i can literally run 20 hours straight, never fatigue and mental gains are through the roof.

the body also stores, produes and utilizises leucin more efficiently on keto, so if taken as a supplement, you get SICK gains from it. even when cutting.

ask me anything ketomoms ;)

I'm not a native English speaker, slowly is a correct adverb why isn't fastly a thing?
How so, also the studies aren't talking about flu, they are talking about serious health problems.
Are you restricting calories?

Hey OP, I just really like this thread and all the people like you who use mommy blogs as citation sources, so I thought I'd return the favor by showing you a song that reminds me of you.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=2dbR2JZmlWo

;)

yeah 35 lbs of water weight. fuck no wonder i'm so thirsty. 215 to 190

Yes it is retarded to follow a diet that changes the very chemistry of your blood without a God damned doctor and nutritionist's careful watch like you are suppose to.

>Herp derp I'll just do this without doctor supervision.
>Oh my sweet baby Jesus I almost died!!
>Guys this isn't a safe diet at all!!!

We generally say "quickly" instead.

because english is retarded. The correct word is "quickly"

>Keto is great for losing weight
Actually it isn't, other than water weight.
>Babies and children are also malnourished and have died from vegan
Actually vegan diets are good for all stages of life
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/12826028/
>Mortality rates caused by the Keto diet are very low.
Low Carb Diets Increase All Cause Mortality:
>Low carb/Atkins/Keto are the diets that medical Drs put very obese and prediabetic people on because they work.
Trusting your doctor for medical advice, kek. Doctors only get 7 hours of nutritional training every 4 years.

You don't know what your saying.

no

That's 25 lb not 35.

Get your cholesterol levels tested, doing keto for years is very harmful.

ignore logic when learning/speaking english.

remember, flammable and inflammable mean the same thing.

Only first link retard, I posted it because keto retards can't read studies.

cholesterol isn't as bad as people think. you need to look at the whole picture, including triglyceride.

the whole "fat and cholesterol causes heartdisease" is a unproven theory, very unscientific and actually a meme.
sugar is far more cancerous

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/921419

>flammable and inflammable
O_o wut? I didn't know this. What word do you use for non flammable? Flame resistant?

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/6812012/

parenting.com/blogs/show-and-tell/lauren-parentingcom/vegan-nursing-moms-baby-dies-malnutrition

generationrescue.org/latest-news/ketogenic-diet-explained/

>Regain to original weight occurred in 50% within two to three years and only seven patients remained at their reduced weights.

That's honestly very disappointing. Glad I've never been fat a day in my life.

flame retardant.

no joke

not sure what you're trying to prove here, unless it's that fat people have no long-term self control.

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/6812012/
abstract only

parenting.com/blogs/
>blog

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2716748/
No mention of caloric intakes anywhere, woot we put fat people on a diet and they lost weight.

>generationrescue.org/latest-news/ketogenic-diet-explained/
blog

Got any studies?

Fuck off with your cholesterol myth, cholesterol causes heart disease!
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23423521
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10891970
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23083788
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23083789
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16554528
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16818808
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10891962

Stop being stupid.

keto diet does not increase LDL cholesterol, HOWEVER.

and you don't need to eat meat eggs and bacon 24/7 on a ketogenic diet, thats the retard way to doo it.

again, keto diet needs loads of leafy green vegetables, healthyfats nuts and seeds.

its not for retards

There's a lot of ways to fuck up a keto diet pretty easily. If you're prone to not doing research or preparing, then obviously it's not for you, and it's not something I would typically recommend someone stay on permanently.

That being said, done properly - it works very well to regulate hunger while losing weight, imitates many of the positive aspects of fasting, has a general anti-inflammatory effect on the body, and has actually been literally shown to help treat all the things it says it does in that picture - particularly neurological disorders like epilepsy.

Don't be daft. It's a tool, as is any diet. Should you throw out all your hammers because you can smash your finger using them?

Why not go loads of leafy green vegetables, fruits and grains?
You get more food, more nutrients and less calories.

because grains are shit, you want to stay in ketosi and burn ketones as fuel because its far superior, and you can get any nutritient from gains and fruit on keto.

because for most people fats are much more satisfying than carbs
its a piss easy way to get people to cut out sugar without taking away peoples satisfying foods. If they give the same effect and one is easier, why not go with keto?
and lack of nutrients is not a problem unless you plan your meals like a fucking retard.

>you want to stay in ketosi and burn ketones

Why?

>Why not go loads of leafy green vegetables, fruits and grains?
Because I want to stay in ketosis, dipshit

>for most people fats are much more satisfying than carbs

Show me those people.

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/6812012/
>parenting.com/blogs/show-and-tell/lauren-parentingcom/vegan-nursing-moms-baby-dies-malnutrition
This is due malnutrition because of stupid parents, a good plant-based whole-food diet is good no matter the age.
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2716748/
No control group? What where they eating before? How can this study say it's safe without control group? Just because they lost weight, LDL didn't skyrocket and HDL didn't plummet proves nothing.
>generationrescue.org/latest-news/ketogenic-diet-explained/
The sulforaphane found in five cents’ worth of broccoli sprouts is found to benefit autism in a way no drug ever has in randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25313065
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27071786

do you like steak or an apple

or are you one of those people who eat popcorn without butter

lmfao
grains! haaah.
you do realize white bread has the same glycemic index as white sugar? and any "fullwheat" bread contains alore of that shit

you're literally eating sugary dense toxic shit when eating most bread

also why not make keto bread out of nuts,seeds almond flour and healthy stuff instead?

>saturated fat and protein vs simple carbs

I’m not even the guy you’re arguing with but that’s a weak argument

Why not eat whole wheat bread instead?

the term "wholewheat" covers 20% whole wheat,and rest white bread. and industrial wheat,even if whole, isn't healthy to begin with.

yeah why not eat wheat on a keto diet, retard?

>you're literally eating sugary dense toxic shit when eating most bread

No I'm not, I live in a real country.

>also why not make keto bread out of nuts,seeds almond flour and healthy stuff instead?

Because that's over twice the caloric density and loaded with saturated fat.

Not here in the Netherlands, when our breads are called "volkoren" (whole wheat) it means they're that, 100% whole wheat.
Why would I go for a ketogenic diet? To lose weight? They don't fucking help.
>Ketogenic diets slow down weight loss despite a small increase in energy expendature:
I rather restrict my fat intake than carbs
>Dietary fat restriction results in more body fat loss than carbohydrate restriction:
cell.com/cell-metabolism/fulltext/S1550-4131(15)00350-2

Do you like olive oil or baked potatoes?
Keep in mind you get 2 whole potatoes for each teaspoon.

>Because that's over twice the caloric density and loaded with saturated fat.

so now nuts and seeds are bad for you aswell?
Any idea how retarded that is?

that bread in the picture literally has seeds in it.

keto makes you RUN on fat, how can it not help you lose weight?

>kcals in kcals out meme

i actually take shots of olive oil for test

>Any idea how retarded that is?

No, how?
youtube.com/watch?v=jSqndisTySg

except its not.
walnuts are almost banned in america because of their health effects, they say it's a "drug".

the thing is.. if fat overweight unhealthy people add nuts to their diet, it's not gonna change much.. the extra calories will do them no good.

if they eat healthy, however, nuts are great,

They really aren't.
Their nutrients to calories ratio is garbage.

Fuck off, I'm doubling the animal products I eat to negate your vegan diet. Eat lettuce covered shit, you shill.

listen here dickface.
for nuts to be healthy they need to be unsalted, unprocessed in vegetable oils.

they nuts themselfs are healthy, they way people eat them are not.

roasted salted nuts dipped in vegetable oils will never be healthy. and thats what people eat.
understand this, idiot.

>keto makes you RUN on fat, how can it not help you lose weight?
See the study, eating less fat instead of less carbs reduces more body fat. How does this not make sense? Not to forget that when in ketosis your muscles and organs also deteriorate more.

>Not to forget that when in ketosis your muscles and organs also deteriorate more.
thats bullshit

and ketosis makes u burn fat in the liver,and turn it into ketones.thats why

Edgy, enjoy losing gains

>sugar is cancerous
>the bodies preferred source of energy that it will fight to use as its main energy source is cancerous
please fuck off

You are telling me I lost 40lb of water weight in 10 weeks, from 230 to 190lb? Eating at a ~1000cal deficit, it was all water though?

surely you can't be this stupid.

>No I'm not
Yes, you are. Plants are literally poison. How do you think they keep from being eaten by insects? And starches break down in to glucose in your mouth because of amylase.

>muh caloric density
As if bulk is the only factor in satiety.

>t. Guy with 25% body fat who just hit 1/2/3/4 on keto
You don't even lift. Piss off lmao

10-20lbs of that was probably water lol.

>thats bullshit
Again check this study
>Ketogenic diets slow down weight loss despite a small increase in energy expendature:
>Urinary nitrogen excretion increased by 1.5 6 0.4 g/d (Table 3; P = 0.0008) during the KD phase and indicated significantly increased protein utilization.
Losing more nitrogen is a sign of losing more muscle. Ketogenic diets not only slow down body fat loss but, if protein and calories are kept equal between diet groups, they also increase muscle loss than high carb low fat diet.

Clearly our body isn't made for ketosis, ketosis is not for nothing a starvation mode.

No retard.
Nuts are 50% fat by weight. You could eat them raw and they're still barely better than processed packaged shit.

You where eating at a deficit that's what made you lose weight, you could've done the same on a high carb low fat diet and lost more weight. When you stop your keto diet your water weight will come back and you'll see how much weight you actually lost.

>keto induction sucks if you do it wrong
>refined plant oil sucks in general and may cause fatty organs
>keto tends to shrink kidney stones making them more likely to pass
>fat people tend to have heart attacks and also tend to do keto
>46 heart attacks in 10 years is not meaningful when literally hundreds of thousands of people die from heart disease a year
>cortisol uptake and production are reduced, but reprocessing and circulating levels are increased
>gut bacteria adapt to new diets in days, sometimes this involves liquid shits
>only HDL and trigs are relevant health markers, not LDL
>familial hypercholesterolemia tends to be associated with less heart disease

OP is literally I don't know how to disconfirm my beliefs: the post.

surely you can't be? everything that user said is right.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glycogen

the issue isn't the sugar, the issue is that people aren't eating enough of the other macronutrients to bring sugar down to a healthy ratio in their diet. this isn't so much of an exess of sugar as it is a lack of essential fats and proteins.

>Plants are literally poison. How do you think they keep from being eaten by insects?

what the fuck are you even talking about? most agricultural crops suffer insect damage. jesus christ.

>Plants are literally poison.
How stupid are you?

complex carbs are good, sugar and empty carbs are not. thats it.

Why would a keto diet be beneficial?

saturated fat isn't bad for you. most who reccomendations are intended to facilitate global food rationing.

this
fat from nuts isn't unhealthy.

>complex carbs are good, sugar and empty carbs are not. thats it.

no actually that's not it. and it makes no sense. your body literally does not care, it's everything else in your diet and your activity levels that determine you health.

tell me what the fuck you think the difference between complex carbs and simple sugars is nutirtionally, because your body converts those complex carbohydrates to simple sugars for processing, storage and use anyway. or did that subltety escape you?

i mean, read the fucking article.

>saturated fat isn't bad for you.
If you believe the bullshit studies that have been debunked by the meat & dairy industry then yeah you can say this.
If you have an actual brain you know that saturated fat increases cholesterol and is bad for you.

do you honestly think that eating 1k kcals of sugar is the same as eating 1kg of sweet potatoe, energy wise? ever eaten candy ur entie life, retard?!

what is inflammation?!

Dude.... complex carbs take time to process into glucose so you get a steady glucose throughout the day while simple carbs give you glucose spikes.

except no, that's not the case. the casuational link between fat and blood cholesterol is being questioned

straight outta harvard, new wisdom is a limited amount of saturated fat. this is also changing because specific research is now being pursued.

hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/what-should-you-eat/fats-and-cholesterol/

the mix of fats and carbohydrates seems to influence blood cholesterol. also genetics, as some respond and some don't

hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/cholesterol/

health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/stop-worrying-about-fat

> "Eat fruits, vegetables, nuts, fish, vegetable oils, whole grains, and modest portions of dairy,"

> "The association is not as firmly established as many people believe," he says. "The evidence does not support a major benefit of focusing on saturated fat alone, without considering the overall food itself and what is eaten instead."

read every article in detail. bare in mind that harvard represents the most conservative medical viewpoint. diabetes researchers like volek are more gung ho about their reccomendations.

You're confusing complex/simple with processed/unprocessed.

White flour is complex carbs while apples are simple carbs. But since the sugars in apples are tied up with fiber and water, they fill you up and take a while to break down.

Purely retarded. Fructose doesn't spike insulin, yet is a simple sugar. Gtfo

soo stupid