It's probably a platinum question, but is it possible to get fit while being an alcoholic/drinking heavily?

It's probably a platinum question, but is it possible to get fit while being an alcoholic/drinking heavily?
Getting fit primarily means losing weight in my case.

Put down the drink and pick up the barbell. Fill the void in your life with the pursuit of sick gains

I just can't even imagine stopping drinking. I think I can go on a diet, but not that.
And it's not about sick gains for me, more about health. Checked my liver and everything recently, all good, means I can continue drinking I guess.

i lost some 16kg last year while drinking almost every single day,

it was kinda OMAD + running

> one meal a day
Sounds super harsh though.
How often/much are you running?

i think you need to address your substance abuse problem before anything else.

It means you're young and the drinking hasn't caught up with you yet

Why do you need to drink? What's so appealing about it to you?

you get used very in the first week

i used to run 30~40 minutes 5 days a week

btw i quit drinking everyday (lost all my money)

Guess it depends on what you mean by drinking heavily. When I drank daily, I could put away 1200 to 2000 calories in booze alone. That's not really something you can overcome with the rest of your diet and training, it is just way too much.

Drinking is an entertainment.
But I'm more interested in possibility of keeping this habit and losing weight. I got 5 kgs of fat last year due to lack of physical activity and I don't like where it's going, it's bad for heart and other organs. I know that alcohol is calories-heavy so I'm not sure if it's possible to drink and lose weight at the same time. Well, apparently it is.
That sounds like a lot of running to me.
What happened to your money?

Just looked at the sticker on wine bottle, says it's 80 calories per 100 g. So something like 600 calories per bottle, 1.5-2 bottles daily, it's 900-1200 calories. Sometimes more I guess, since it's not wine only.
Still too much or something I can work with?

Yea the fat is bad for your heart... you can totally ignore the drinking. Just fuck off baiting faggot you're literally too braindead from drinking to make rational decisions... it's pathetic

Kys.

Alcohol increases belly fat, so no.
You need to stop drinking.

Well I heard that alcohol itself is bad but not THAT bad for heart, like fat is much worse.
And I'm just asking a question, no decisions yet mate.

But that guy above said he lost 16 kg while drinking everyday.

You clearly have a fucking problem, if you really can't put down the bottle then stick to vodka and diet coke mixers and you'll lose weight. However, at least do the decent thing and just stick to drinking on two days a week, usually friday and saturday. Then, you'll really be fine. You're drinking because you're bored. I work at home and don't get out much because of anxiety, so I drink out of boredom. I don't drink when I feel it'll affect training. You'll change too.

Of course you can fucking lose weight while drinking you dumb fuck... just count calories. You literally cannot comprehend how stupid you have become from drinking. Go check yourself in and get help to a normal mental state

Oh, side note. If you're binge drinking you are obliterating your test production potentially permanently so when you lose weight good luck feeling better about yourself when you look like a feminised dying skele

one should under no circumstances stop drinking 2bh

>I drink out of boredom. I don't drink when I feel it'll affect training
Ah, so it works for you as well (even if not heavy/everyday).
Good to hear.
I literally cannot comprehend why are you so angry.
I don't care about looks, I'm absolutely fucked anyways. I only care about not dying of heart attack in the nearest future.

Alcohol makes you fat. That's why you're fat and why you stay fat. You have to stop drinking.

You have a problem, OP.
Get help for your alcoholism first and your weight loss goals will happen on their own.

Maybe I do maybe I don't, I was not diagnosed with alcoholism and I don't care about this meme anyway.
I'm just trying to understand if it's possible at all (getting fit while drinking) and opinions seem to vary.
But I guess if that guy who lost 16 kgs was not lying, it's possible.

>When I drank daily,
How to stop bb?

I had a shit diet and drank 8ish beers a day.
Went to a very strict diet and 8 and I lost about 5 lbs then plateued
Then I quit drinking for a month and lost 20 fucking pounds with no carb, 2 meals a day and lifting. Since you seem to know little about this stuff 8 lbs a month is pretty aggressive.
Also lets do a bit of math.
a lb of fat = 3500 calories
You drink 900 calories a day x 7 days = 6300 calories a week you could give up with ZERO exercise or 1.8 lbs of fat

to everyone in this thread, calories from alcohol dont get assimilated like normal calories. the body might just eliminate a good part of them, use an arbitrary amount of calories from alcohol and some of it gets converted into other shit and gets pissed out, plus it affects how you assimilate other food you're eating and how much water there's in your body

my advice is just drop it altogether if you're alone, i'm drinking pretty often but at least i'm trying to bulk and i have friends to drink with, if you do it alone you're a fedora tipping sad cunt