What are the best exercises at the gym to work out your lower back?

what are the best exercises at the gym to work out your lower back?

i really need to work on it apparently

i got suggested deadlifts? are they easy to get into doing? i really only do bench press/pullups/crunches at the gym

If your gym has one of these, then use it, start with just body weight then when youre used to it grab a pair of dumbbells and get hyperextending m8

This
Also Deadlifts shouldn't really work the lower back that much, if they do, you're doing them wrong.

i was doing those but it would aggravate my back pain to the point of like 10/10 sweating and vomiting levels of pain

i need something like not that

Read the sticky, find a routine that's been tried and tested

The worst thing you can do is fuck around without a specific thing in mind

Sounds like you need to rest for a bit let your back heal, maybe look into doing some stretches while your healing, then try "supermans" I think their called

it was a while ago that i did them and had that level of pain, ive been to the doctors and probably should get an xray before i go for gym consultation

Ye would recommend getting checked first, back can be very fragile and exercising and especially DLs could fuck it up badly

this really fckung hurts my legs more than anything. i’m i doing it wrong?

ya you got to try to use your abs when you do them, not push/pull with your legs

Do something that doesn't hurt.

You're literally retarded.

Any tips for people who want to work out at home?

It feels like every time I try to get my shit together *DING* back pain hits and all i can do is watch all my gains go down the tubes.

thanks user

theres tons of like really basic lower back exercises, they all look super simple and retarded looking , they had you a sheet of them whenever you try to get serious help with back pain at VA

lower back responds best to high reps. go light on this and aim for 100+ reps

I know I'm doing something wrong but when you straigthen your back, do you ever accidentally punch your dick with the bar ? Honesly want to improve my diddlys

Asking this question third time, no idea if it's so stupid that nobody wants to answer or people never expierienced that and are afraid they're dicklets

Do you have anterior tilt? If so that will tighten up the lower back. Athlean-X has two great vids to combat this.

try planks? i had lower back issues, planks helped.

Yeah because pulling 4 plates off the ground takes no core strength or stability.

I have long arms so i have luckily never experienced this. You could try trap bar deadlifts or maybe give yourself an erection before the set so your dick points upward so it isnt in the way

deadlifts > deadlift variations > back extensions > glute ham raises

if you want a strong back youre going to have to deadlift

Hey powerlifter here. What the fuck is a dead lift? Anyway use this machine for lower back it works for me.

Don't listen to the people telling you to deadlift. If you get pain from back extensions you won't be able to deadlift properly. I've had 2 back injuries from sports so I don't deadlift ever now, it's too high risk for me,and probably for you too.