How to lose fat while not losing muscle???

help i don't want to lose any muscle and also i like gains but need to be less fat. how does this happen. i kinda want to try fasting but feel like my gains will all be lost

guys this is super important :(

Slow cut. If you are on a small calorie deficit, you'll keep your muscle, but it'll take longer.

are you a tranny

hmmm.

but then i'll go even longer while hindering my gains. why is there no perfect solution? :(

i don't like the word "tranny" but i'm trans girl yes!

Discord?

Hah, interesting. you can always spot a tranny when they refer to men/males as boys. women don’t do this

Are you a trap or a tranny?

>inb4 they're the same
a trap has a cute feminine, almost child like appearance

a tranny is a dude dressing as a girl

pic very related

Fasting is good for exactly that. You will lose some muscle, as with all calorie deficits, but the amount lost by fasting is less overall than other methods.
You need to be aware, though, that most of the muscle loss while fasting is front-loaded. Meaning you'll lose more at first, but once your body switches to burning fat, the rate drops significantly.

My rule of thumb is: if you have more than 5% of your goal body weight to lose, fast, because the muscle lost while cutting that much weight will be greater than the muscle lost fasting it away.

i don't play discord anymore. ate my time lol

lol what

:)

okay let's get serious.

i really like the sounds of this, but the way you talk it sounds like i'll really get one chance not to fuck everything up. meaning... if i fail the fast partway through, i'll have lost all that muscle without losing much fat, and if i try a second time i'll be sacrificing MORE muscle again at the start of the fast. so i need to plan it out carefully and do it properly the first time to maximize pros and minimize cons.

with that in mind, should i train while fasting? i've been doing 3x each week for a long while now and not training would feel very wrong. but on the other hand, if the training causes me to fail my fast i'll have fucked everything up.

what should a cute and nice girl do in this situation??

Yes, you do have to plan it out, and you do have to stick to it.
You should still train while fasting, but don't increase any of your lifts, just maintain them throughout, and even drop the weight if they become uncomfortably exhausting. A way to not lose much energy and keep up lifting while fasted is to take a teaspoon of seasalt (the kind with potassium) every day when you wake up to replace electrolytes. You can eat it or mix it into a liter of water, whichever is easier for you to ingest.

Ultimately, it does boil down to sticking to it and having the willpower to do so, but that's all any health and fitness endeavor is when you really think about it.
It's up to you if the risk/reward of that plan will work for you, I can't make any final decisions for you.

Good luck on reaching whatever your goals are!

Thanks!

>fasting
>losing muscle

go back to the books, kid

I would like to know this as well, finished my bulk from 70kg > 82kg and want to do a small cut.

Generally I would slow cut lets say 6kg over 3 months. But recently I've been reading stuff to just cut as fast as possible so you can go back gaining as fast as possible.

Probably going to incorporate HIIT and IF into the mix.

e.g. lose 6 kg over 2 or 3 months?

Yeah i guess i'll try this too. Even if i cut at a small deficit my lifts still stall, so starting this March i'll try to lose 5 kilos as fast as i can without starving myself. How does losing 1kg per week sound? Or should I aim for 1lbs a week after i lose the water weight?

Make sure you replace the lack of carbs with protein as far as calories go. Keep the protein intake high to help with retaining as much muscle as possible while cutting.

is she holding down a boner

*he

>super important
it's so important TDEE when cutting is described in the sticky
Who could have guessed!!?!?

Yes