/fat/ - "am i going to make it?" edition

Who is /fat/ for?
For /fat/fucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not Q,TDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

>Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

losertown.org/eats/cal_act.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>just ate cereal AND spaghettios
aw fuck

>6 feet tall
>260
>Used to lift pretty seriously but college and a pretty bad ankle injury happened
>Full dad bod mode
>Somehow managed to obtain gf
>Been with her for four months as of today
>Solid 7.5/10 with a great body
>Works out constantly
>Trying to get back into a routine so she sees that I'm making an effort to improve myself
>actually surprised myself by not cheating today and drinking enough aqua
>Tried running today but my fucking ankle tightened up to the point where I had to walk on the treadmill for 2 miles like a fucking beta male
>Did a circuit for bis tris and shoulders and left the gym disgusted
>Hit the heavy bag in my basement for about 30 minutes
I know I'm being impatient but I'm just so fed up bros.

cumfess

>fruit is bad

Confess my children

Sometimes I binge on snacks late at night because I'm bored or sad.
How do I stop?

>How do I stop?

By not doing it.

go to a fat people hate thread

I used to do this every night. The only real strategy is to ignore the urges. Take the rumbling feeling in your stomach and channel it into late night shitposts

>Day 12 of Keto
>Grab a piece of my brother's Raising Cane's
>it doesn't even taste good anymore

We're all gonna make it brah

Is this way too much of a meme for cardio?

I haven't eaten less than 2,000 calories any day since Christmas eve. There were a few 3,000+ calorie days too. I can't bring myself to go back down guys. Once I allow myself to go overboard I can't bring myself back down.

You guys know there's a whole dedicated to hating your six guts right?

I feel like drinking water and doing something like reading would help. I have too many books collecting dust anyway.
Yeah this would probably help. I get bantz'd alot by my bros and that helps me motivate myself.

>tfw most of my family is over weight
>tfw haven't been fat shamed in years due to new standards in society
>tfw for some reason my body type hides the fat easily
tfw I started working out 2 months ago, quit smoking, quit sugar, quit white breads, quit pop and fast food / processed foods.

I'm gonna make it if its the last thing I ever do. I'm getting ready for some snake diet fasting in this upcoming week.

My latest form btw

Eliptical is pretty comfy on my knees. Try that.

bah

just fast for a while and then slowly reintroduce sensible portions

let yourself have a cheat day once a week where you do a little over

don't be a faggot and give up- keep going

Keep it up pal

I did not track my intake today. I dont think I went nuts or anything, but I just dont know.

Just starting my keto journey. Day 3 now amd feels pretty good.
We're all gonna make it!

I was thinking of that, but honestly I couldn't bring myself to switch. When I played football we'd always leave the ellipticals open so the girls could use them. Even today I still feel like its a peice of equipment for women and soyboys. I couldn't help but feeling I'd be emasculating myself even more if I used one.
I'll force myself to use the elliptical next time. You reassured me it's alright.

Cool tip. Watch yourself in the mirror if you can while you're on the eliptical. Shit's cool af bouncing up and down left and right

Best peice of advice I've ever got here.
>you can be a fat faggot or a faggot on an eliptical
>pick one
Changed my life.

Elliptical it is then.
Any tips for getting rid of that ankle/calf stiffness? Or should I just go to a physical therapist?

>tries working out once since getting dad bod
>isn't easy like he remembers
>I'm so fed up boys

Stick to it fuckwit. I used to compete in martial arts and break boards with jumping flying kicks and shit and now I'm a fat ass that is only just getting his muscle back. Suck it up.

Started the year at 145.8kg (321.4lbs) have gotten down to 141.8kg (312.61lbs) in 11 days

Aiming for under 100kg (220lbs) by the end of the year >:D

(slightly higher calorie consumption today getting some mcdoubles before I hit the gym)

I have basically the same build but I'm 6'. Also, I wouldn't say it hides the fat well, it just surprises people whenever they hear how much I weigh. Sad thing is that I've lost weight and can feel it, but can't see difference in the progress pics.

who /bestshapeoftheirlives/ here

Right here. Still pretty fat tho.

You're right, I do need to suck it up. Just gotta stick to it and figure things out with my ankle.

On a more positive note, try lifting weights rather than cardio. I'm a fat fuck, but lifting weights is low impact and feels a lot better. Work on cardio once you lose some weight.

Your GF will still see you making progress with lifts.

this calculator is complete bullshit

physical therapist will just tell you to stretch and hold a few times a day to build up your range of motion.

Sounds simple enough. I was under the impression that the best way to not be a fatty was to get your heart rate up and get some cardio done. I guess I was just getting the wrong advice?
Granted, "getting there" mostly hinges on diet, which I'm starting to be better with.

fat fucks

sugar is bad
it should be consumed with moderation :)

Best way to not be a fatty is to put the fork down. Eat less, track your calories and macros. Cardio helps, but you can still lose like 2lbs a week if you set your deficit right, with or without cardio. And lifting makes you look better as you lose weight.

And moderation to a ketobese dieter is no more than 1 banana a day in fruit.

>ketobese
no bully, pls
>>>/fph/

Calculated my macros and am going to keep a logbook starting tomorrow morning.
This is the kick in the ass I needed.

>tfw fell off the weight loss wagon because haha lazee boi loves him alcohol and food

Down from 135kg to 87kg and back up to 105kg

Feels bad mayne.

Can I cheat the system with beets and cabbage?

When you get hungry late at night its time to sleep.

I'll admit I was in a lot better shape in high school football. If only I had a time machine to tell me to not get fat and that Kelly wanted to fuck me.

how do i reprogram my fatfuck brain to stop associating food with pleasure??? im like 10-15 lbs from goal but its harder than ever to keep a defecit. constantly irritable and completing simple tasks feels like climbing a mountain. help me, bros...

Back on the wagon. Your 30kg closer to 87kg than when you first started. It's like you saved yourself half a year from your last lot of efforts. Back to counting.

Can I get a body fat estimate? I think I need to lose about 20 more lbs.
> 5'4" inb4 why even try
> Down to 135 lbs from 185 lbs.

>5'4

Seems like low 20s to me. I don't think you'd need to lose more than 10. Then just build muscle so it's actually visible and you're not skelly

Hey thanks, man. Yeah I'll cut 10 lbs then and go from there. Does it look like I'll have much muscle to work with once I get there or do I have my work cut out for me?

>high school football
>didnt know that kelly wanted to fu-

... oh who am i kidding. I learned of several girls that wanted to do it with me but I too didn't pick up the signals, I have no room to judge

dont listen to that retard, youre probably 15% bf just like every other skinnyfat kid and all you need to do is eat and lift.

once your muscles grow itll fill out your physique and 15% bf will look way better than it does now.

So you're saying that I shouldn't lose ten more pounds and just immediately start my bulk?

pretty much, yeah. i looked exactly like you when i first started lifting and i made the mistake of not eating enough because i was worried about putting on too much bf.

eat whole, healthy foods at a 200-300 calorie surplus above maintenance (which is BMR + what you burn working out) and you will make solid strength and size gains.

and since youre only 5'4 the gains will be noticeable quite rapidly.

make sure youre following a good routine too.

My excuse was that for freshman and sophomore year I was dealing with my parents potential divorce while trying to keep my younger siblings out of trouble and my junior and senior years living in a different town from the fallout of my parents putting me in the middle of their midlife crisis. I didn't really have time to figure out girls or anything. I'm 28 now too. Can't even be a wizard since this baptist girl let me fuck her if I turned to Jesus which I didn't. I was like 21 too so I've had a long dry spell. Losing this weight is really all I have going for me. I'm hoping that once I make it I dont think I have nothing left and finally go through with suicide.

Wow sorry for the blog this is the stuff I want to get off my chest with my parents but what the fuck ever it's been like ten years.

I ate 3500+ and lifted 3 days a week + 2 days of cardio

ate too much, gained too much
197cm 128kg 30% bf

starting today at 2300kcal, enough is enough

Doing anything to avoid the keto flu? I want to give keto a shot but I work pretty much every day and don't want to have to go to work feeling like shit for 2-3 days.

anything I can do to improve concentration while cutting? I'm sitting on my ass for 9+ hrs a day web dev and marketing, when I'm cutting I can't focus at all

I weigh more than you but I'm shorter. Throw that down to 2000kcal senpai.

Will I lose muscle? That would be around 700-800 deficit

Why get mcdonalds before the Gym? seems counter productive user. And if you really wanna get that much weight off in that time you're gonna need to cut harder than what you are now. I started at 120.2 kg this October and I have a similar goal of under 100kg (aiming for 80kg final) but user you need to remember how much calories you need to cut to lose fat. (3500kcal per pound)

And further user, you cant outrun (or lift) a bad diet. You seem okay with what you had there, but if your actually having those mcdoubles on top of it you need to figure out if you want the burger or your goal more.

I dont want to shame you user, I just wanna help make sure everyone makes it!

Eat lots of protein. Might lose a little, but just keep lifting.

>tfw ate doritos with salsa
>then ate a croissant after

not gonna make am i?

Is it wise to adjust your calories to your new bodyweight's TDEE after a certain point? If so, what point would that be?

Will do! Thanks for all the advice, man. I still want to lose a few more pounds before I begin, but I'll definitely follow your instructions.

Check the stickied URL losertown.org/eats/cal_act.php it shows you when to adjust

I get you man and thanks for the advice but seems too much... when I was cutting on SS 2600 kcal my joints were in so much pain and I was like a zombie, couldn't focus on my work at all

It does depend on your lifestyle. If you work a physical job then YMMV. Either way godspeed.

It wasn't that bad for me. It was more like just a little fatigue that cleared up by Day 4.

I lost about 7 pounds of just water within the first 7 days, so you have to stay hydrated. Make sure to drink plenty of water (both with meals and throughout the day) as well as making sure you get enough sodium. I was actually sprinkling a pinch of salt in a full glass of water and it helped a ton.

Depends what that point is. It's probably wise to dip down to only a 500 calorie deficit rather than a 1,000 calorie deficit after a certain point. But in the end you know you have to eat at a deficit to keep losing weight. If you truly reach a point where you can't even eat just a few hundred calories below maintenance without worrying about health risks then chances are you don't need to continue losing weight. I can't imagine being overweight but not being at a weight where you could handle at least a 500 calorie deficit.

Of course, it's wise to be mindful of how active you are. It's generally recommended to calculate your TDEE using the sedentary setting, but if you're eating at a 500 - 1,000 calorie deficit and are EXTREMELY active then you could be putting yourself in a dangerous position. But that' likely not the case.

Nice, I could probably handle just a bit of fatigue. I should try to start it when I know I have a day off coming so hopefully the worst of it happens when I'm at home. And yeah, I've read that a strong sodium intake helps stave off the flu. Some people suggest drinking bone broth so I might get some of that. Thanks for the encouragement though. Been doing IF for a while now but I think I should at least give keto a shot for a week or so.

What about the BMR? Is that the same as your TDEE, or is it different? Is it wise to go under that? Or is it required in order to lose weight?

never go below that, that's the amount of kcal required for your body to function properly

Well, then either I have a problem, or the sites that calculate BMR are grossly overstating my BMR, hence my questioning.

>be 5'1" female at 170 lbs sedentary
>calculate TDEE using several different sites
>1892-1722 range, figured I'll hit 1300kcal/a day and be fine
>one says BMR is 1500kcal
>start plugging in numbers to other BMR calculators to confirm
>all say similar things, around 1500k
>tfw my 500 calorie deficit is 200kcal under my supposed BMR

That's tricky with female TDEE so I get you
I'd keep it at 1500, increase daily activities overall and track changes

If it gets stuck after 4 weeks then you can lose -100kcal and continue

That seems like an intelligent and productive approach, so I will try that. Is female TDEE really that different, though? The sticky made it sound like there were zero differences.

It's different with those BMR/TDEE numbers, for example male TDEE 2500 bmr is 1800 (just ballpark example).

I've used similar nutrition approach (the one I suggested above) with my wife and female trainees and it's been great.

If you're going to the gym - strength routines have great results versus current popular splits.

how do i get fat?

Interesting. Glad to get your insight, it'll probably save me from suffering then relapsing into fat fuckery. I was actually looking into starting with swimming to rebuild my physical stamina and endurance, however, before adding strength training later. Do you recommend otherwise?

I have not experianced the keto flu.

BMR is the calories your body burns daily regardless of how active you are. If you were to lay in bed all day and not move a muscle you would still burn your BMR calories. TDEE is BMR + the calories you burn by being active through the day. It's hard to be accurate which is why it's best to just go by "sedentary" when using a TDEE calculator.

Eat bad food, often.

Let yourself go.

I know keeping my calories under 2000 atm, doing a 30 minute walk everyday and doing an hour at the gym every second day.

The second that stops showing results I will get stricter.

Question: do formerly obese people who are now in great shape still carry an increased risk of obesity related conditions like heart failure, high blood sugar/pressure, etc.?

how the fuck am i ever gonna lose the last 10 kgs /fat/

im at that same point man went from 105 to 90 want to get down to 80. If youve come this far just reduce your TDEE a little more or even try IF if thats not working. Either way, you made it this far, you can do it.

at this pace its gonna take me 8 fucking months.

Just saying fuck it and waterfasting i could be done before february. It's so tempting

just stick with it bro. the laws of thermodynamics demand that if you maintain a caloric deficit you will eventually lose weight. re-calculate your TDEE maybe and crank up the cardio a bit

You do you and get to your goal however you want. But its not a race if you had the patience to get to here, you can keep going.

I lost 15kg in 9 weeks does that seem like too much ? I see people that loose like 3kg in 4 weeks...

depends on how overweight you are my nigga

if ur 400 pounds, thats to be expected

nah i was like 88kg now im 62.7

how to achieve bloat lord as a 6'2 320lb /fat/guy

you don't faggot, that's a one way ticket to heart failure city

cut to

what's the best cutting routine for no calories filling food?

can you elaborate what you mean by "no calories filling food"?

if you mean calorie efficient and filling foods, look for stuff with plenty of protein and fiber, as those macronutrients make you feel "full". avoid foods packed with carbohydrates and simple sugars because they metabolize VERY fast, meaning you can eat a shit ton of them without feeling full

I haven't shit in three fucking days!
I'm getting a laxative when I get off work. Fuck this.

I want to feel full quick without taking in many calories