At what point in a rep range do you stop gaining muscle?

At what point in a rep range do you stop gaining muscle?

Example, at what point in the following part will your lats/rear delts stop growing?

>DB Rows 40kg x 8 reps per set
>DB Rows 40kg x 12 reps per set
>DB Rows 40kg x 15 reps per set
>DB Rows 40kg x 20 reps per set
>DB Rows 40kg x 25 reps per set
>DB Rows 40kg x 30 reps per set
>DB Rows 40kg x 40 reps per set

At what point in the above rep scheme stop giving you muscle gains? Im asking this because I have a home gym, and mostly do barbell lifts, but I have an adjustable DB set that goes upto 40kg, I want to know how much use I can get out of the 40kg for something like 1 arm DB rows.

6-7

Based on the very limited studies that have been done.... probably never, so long as you're going to failure and the failure is actually muscular rather than cardiovascular or whatever.

There's pretty obvious reasons why that would become impractical though.

You little pathetic autistic isolated lonely faggot. I bet you've been waiting months for a thread to post that in.

It's time to rethink your life bro, just stop now before its too late, get out there, start engaging more with others. You don't want to look back at the end of your life and realise you spent most of it browsing image boards waiting for threads to pop up so you can post relateable memes. I know its not the life you thought you would of had growing up as a kid, and its never too late to change man. Whatever you must do, delete your Veeky Forums folder, stop coming on here, and just focus on making gains in the real world. Nobody cares about your witty reaction images or witty replies to threads on Veeky Forums. Everything here is essentially meaningless and you're not gaining anything from it.

if you can row 40k for 40 reps...why?

I can curl 10 pound dumbells forever... even if I did make gains and didn't mind doing hour long sets of curls, I would rather not be a weak bitch who is only good at curling 10 pounds for a whole lot of reps.

you should be increasing the weight because getting stronger at rows will make you stronger at other lifts and using more weight does make you bigger.

Why the fuck would you do that much rows? And if you tried that routine I'm sure your body would tell you when the fuck to stop

I only have DB kit upto 40kg.

Im not going to spend $1000s of dollars buying 42.5kg db, 45kg db, 47.5kg db, 50kg db, and so on...

Of course I could just do Barbell Rows, but for some reason I cant barbell row properly and i always fuck my shit up doing it, so Ive given up on doing them, hence where the DB comes in.

Try 3 sets of 10 or 20. Call it a day.
After you get to sets of 20, you can switch it up by pulling it to your hip.
You can also try doing them super fast or super slow.
Or you can do kroc rows to failure.

Isn't there an expansion kit?
Also look up greasing the groove.
Doing high reps will only provide little muscle growth and mostly muscular endurance.

If you can do 40kg x 30 rows, you'll get equivalent hypertrophy to about 60kg x 20 rows.

Kill yourself faggot that was hilarious

only correct answer

So we have one reply, , that called this user an autistic lonely faggot, and another, , which claims it is correct. What am I to believe?

Anything above 20 reps is ridiculous unless you're doing mobilization exercises ala physical therapy.

American College of Health Science recommends 6-12 reps for hypertrophy if you're intermediate and 3-6 reps for advanced.

But the graph shows 9 reps as peak?

shouldn't more reps = more growth?!

its not about reps you brainlets its about load and volume

8 to 12 rep maximum ranges in the 70-80% of your 1 rep maximum

now if you lift a load that is in that range of your 1rm and do a lot of volume you make gains

is this saying 6-7 reps don't get you any muscle growth? lol

>not knowing the dreaded 7rep

how do you not know this

7 reps dont gain any muscle because literally nobody has ever done a 7rep

The metric system is a bullshit meme, so any sort of rep range using kilograms will do absolutely nothing for you. That includes "stone" like the Britbongs use. If, though, you were to move pounds (lbs), any rep range will produce great results.

Why is this not the case?