"I think for most people, a good place to start [with carbohydrates] is around a gram and a half per lbs of bodyweight...

>"I think for most people, a good place to start [with carbohydrates] is around a gram and a half per lbs of bodyweight. So if you're a 250lbs man (or woman) you'd need 375g carbs a day
>Protein...is about the same a gram and a half; so 375g for a 250lbs person
>And fats, well since you're getting *does calculations* since you're getting [(375x4)] 1500 calories from protein and 1500 calories from carbs, you should be getting the same amount from fats. Since fat has 9 calories per gram instead of 4, this would be 167g fats (0.66 per lbs)
>And then adjust from there. You might need more carbs and less fats; more fats and less carbs; you might need more of both; you might need less of both: but [1.5g protein per lbs, 0.66g fat per lbs, 1.5g carbs per lbs] seems like a good place to start"
Can we put this in the sticky? The total calories for me were spot on; 176lbs and 3100ish calories a day. Seems like a perfect way to find your maintenance. And if you want to be x size (say, 200lbs), you know how much to eat to get there. For anyone else, you can just add 500 calories of fats/carbs to bulk and drop 500 calories of fats/carbs to cut.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9311957
zerocarbzen.com/resources/
bodybuilding.com/fun/ammonia.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>counting calories
which show are you prepping for OP?

How'd your first week of lifting go, NYR?

Is this 2012?

>I count calories and track macros!
>You need 1.5g protein/lb of body weight!

>375g of protein

All mammals eat a high ammount of protein for their bodyweight, except for humans, specially human adults, for some reason.
Adults and older people should actually even eat more protein as protein needs go higher with age, and also depend on genetic differences when it comes to muscle protein synthesis signalling and amino acid transfusion.
Meaning that yes, some people need to eat that much protein in order to function properly.

>tfw eats 30g of carbs per day

Most mammals are herbivores so.. you are completely wrong user.

If you're /fraud/, by all means eat all the protein you want. If you're natty, you can JUST FUCK YOUR TEST LEVELS UP.

Seriously, though.

>Our current year
>Still falling for the protein Jew

Come on now.

Adult male gorillas eat like 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight though.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9311957

*2g of protein per pound of bodyweight

Human adults for the most part eat like 0.5g of protein per pound of bodyweight depending on nationality.
Chimps eat on average 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight in the wild possibly more.
Tigers eat like 3g of protein per pound of bodyweight on average.

>total testosterone

misinfo like that should not go in the sticky.
zerocarbzen.com/resources/

>375g protein
If you enjoy nasty-ass ammonia sweats

You fucking dumb cunt, animals have different digestive systems than us herbivores can get protein from plants to a greater extent

It's literally a start point. Evan Centopani even stated many times during the video that carbohydrates (besides vegetables) are NOT essential; in which case just bump up the fats and reduce the carbs.
>I'm fat as shit but its okay because I go to the gym a few times a week
If you care about your physique you'd apply some common sense and at least mentally be aware of how much you're eating. If you care about your health, you'd apply further common sense and make the majority of the foods you eat be whole foods.

The dude is 250lbs and like 10% bodyfat, and also on steroids, I think 375g is a fair amount for him. If you're 250lbs of lard then no, maybe you shouldnt be consuming 4500 calories a day still; but if you have an average, skinnyfat physique, lifting and eating around the amount you calculate is pretty good advice.

>cites 20 year old study

sauce?

well yeah we have different anatomy and nutritional needs than other animals.

>176 lbs
>3100 calories
>maintenance
Unless you’re burning 800-1000 calories every day exercising then this is retarded

Life, then I found this:
bodybuilding.com/fun/ammonia.htm
>Ammonia has a strong, pungent odor that is easily recognizable in cleaning products, cat urine, and, for some people, sweat! The key to ammonia in urine and sweat is the nitrogen. The only macronutrient in your body that contains nitrogen is amino acids, the building blocks of protein.

I'm 65kg and my maintenance is easily 3000-3500. I do a lot of training tho

>Can we put this in the sticky?
no because this shit is retarded

I think your math is bad Skelly

You get ammonia sweats from lack of carbs, not from over eating brotein.

Its cause the kidneys have to process protein for energy which is not as efficient and the metabolic waste is the nitrogen’s

So he should eat about 1.1 kilos of chicken every day. Seems legit.

>This is your brain on HGH

Hmm that makes sense. I still eat a lot of brotein, I just eat a lot of potatoes too.

what the fuck is that graph

If grass is about the same as spinach, animals get 40% protein from calories.
I'm vegan, but the cancerous 80/10/10 or 90/5/5 memes have to stop

>what the fuck is that graph
Proof that optimal protein intake for a natty athlete is around twelve percent of total calories. Once you start eating more, your body starts producing less testosterone.

>Something must be untrue because it was published 20 years ago
Great logic. From this, we can infer that oxygen doesn't exist because it's discovery wasn't published within the past decade or so.

You know what? Keep consuming 1g per lb of bodyweight, just like you read in Weider Publishing's magazines. I used to want to wake people up to how misinformed they are but it's easier to con people than it is to convinced them they've been conned. Maybe I'll start my own protein powder company, in fact. Or just buy stock in (((Weider))) Nutrition.

post body or gtfo

How much soy should I I have in my daily diet?

Do people besides professional athletes actually count macros still? This was trendy like 5 years ago

>I've been BTFO and have no rebuttal so I'll try to change the subject and hope no one notices
Suck a dick, faggot.

Go see how much raw hamburger you need to eat. There's kind of a reason we cook our food, user

Go eat a handful of grass and then realize your actually a gay faggot's retarded little bitch