Point out 1 (one) thing wrong with using gloves while lifting

point out 1 (one) thing wrong with using gloves while lifting

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ulShMRAAyYo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

how can I pick one when there are so many?

Literally nothing wrong with lifting gloves as long as they match your purse

Not counting looking dumb, you don’t develop grip strength.

it‘s fine if your boyfriend bought them for you

Basically this
I only used gloves after a forearm injury to ease myself back into lifting heavy weights but other than that if you use gloves all the time, you will be dependent on them

Well this guy has shit form. Bar should be higher, forearms should be perpendicular to the floor...

Bro science

There's nothing wrong as long as your boyfriend likes your hands to stay velvety soft for his bi-daily handjobs.

My girlfriend doesn't like calluses and neither do I

>Not wanting thick, calloused hands.

That's the problem with millennials. I went from manual labor to a desk job and the biggest regret, minus the fat I put on, was the loss of my rock-hard hands.

You and your girlfriend(male) need to stop ingesting so much soy.

I will never understand the internet gurus that claim straps or gloves will impair grip strength development, which implies grip strength is important, then proceeds to not work their grip at all outside of deadlifts, and use over-under deadlifts which take the grip out of the equation anyway.

Deadlift with straps to develop strong non grip muscles and hold on to heavy things for time to develop grip.

>so far the only answers are "coz gloves r 4 fags LOL"

what's the point of them?

Avoiding calluses.

What did you expect? They are fucking gloves,

do they even do that? There is still friction

Not completely, but they do reduce the callousing significantly

You dont get skin tears (especially torn calluses)

You cant 'build' skin strength, it has a finite tensile strength. Once you start lifting heavy enough, you have to go gloves.

(it does look silly with tiny weights tho)

you are an extremely petty person if this was the biggest regret of your life

point out 1 (one) thing wrong with wearing a helmet while cycling.

K I’ll bite. They’re inefficient at best and dangerous at worst. You chalk your hands while lifting to dry them out and to keep the skin tight. This improves your ability to grip the bar, which is good, because the last thing you want when the load is heavy is the bar slipping and sliding against sweaty or loose skin. Putting on gloves places a mobile layer of fabric between the bar and the hand which can bunch up, slip, or even tear during the set, which is especially useless for benches and presses (potentially very dangerous on bench especially) and a great way to miss deadlifts.

So tldr you slightly reduce callusing which is pretty minor if you hold the fucking bar correctly anyway in exchange for making the bar less secure when that’s the last thing you want to happen.

Learn how to grab the bar properly and stop being a sissy faggot. Some calluses are bound to happen

it makes you look like you enjoy soy milk

nothing wrong, i respect guys who go above and beyond to keep their hands nice so they can continue to give their boyfriends smooth handjobs

>point out 1 (one) thing wrong with wearing a helmet while cycling.

I can legit answer that one, as a bike rider.

FUCKING WHISTLES

its like at a specific speed the wind resonates through the holes, and you get high pitched whistles right next to your ears. so fucking annoying.

ITT: People who cant lift 2/3/4/5

>if u don wer glubs like me u r week

Please post pics of your hands, when you're finally able to 4 plate deadlift.

no cheating and wearing gloves though :)

I only wear gloves for two reasons:
1. The amount my hands sweat is insane and they slide when benching.
2. My hands are red, dry, and crack in the winter and nobody needs to see that shit while I'm lifting.

>caring about possible minor inconveniences on the way to achieving a goal
Please post a pic of your boipussy, soyboy

i only use gloves for curls.

Gloves are not allowed in competitions, so I don't train in gloves... also

>not hookgripping

Fucking griplets

It keeps your hands soft. perfect for your lover's boipuss

Are you gym-bro faggots so insecure that you don't wear gloves because of what others might think? Pathetic.

Just shows you how much people here actually lift glancing through the posts here.

>most answers here boil down to "I'm insecure so you're a PUSSY if you do this thing I don't!!"

The absolute state of Veeky Forums. Come back when you're not a teenager

all these faggots projecting when i know that the closest thing i'll ever get to the touch of a human are my own two hands
feels bad

Pick whichever 1 (one) you like:
* Slides against your skin.
* Increases the diameter of the bar.
* One more thing to forget when you go to the gym.
* Encourage bad grip technique by protecting your hands.
* Look stupid.
* Smell because you forgot to wash them.
* Can get caught on shit.
* Keeps sweat from evaporating off your skin, encouraging maceration.

>* Increases the diameter of the bar.
>* Encourage bad grip technique by protecting your hands.
These two are the reasons why you don't wear lifting gloves ever.

youtu.be/ulShMRAAyYo
FAGGOT

Is maximum tensile strength a measure of pressure?

Is pressure equal to force divided by area? If you increase the area normal to the direction of force, does maximum tensile strength increase or decrease?

What is a callous other than the thickening of the skin?

Did your dumb ass know that muscle tissue has a finite maximum tensile strength as well? Do you know how we increase the load bearing capacity of muscles? Does this relate in any way to the questions above?

Do you know how to block this website from your browser so that we never have to be exposed to your simpleton bullshit anymore?

Wrist wraps=good.

Gloves= you look like you are the 17 year old who wears black tanks at the gym and only benches 185-200.

Nobody respects you.

Some people have sweaty hands. I'm not going to use chalk every time my palms sweat

He also needs to start gripping the bar correctly.

idgaf, they helped me with my wrist pain, i've never had any of it since i started wearing them and i'm lifting a bit heavier. I still have calluses so if you don't wear them you probably have super fucked up hands, enjoy your no touch feeling only cause your pride gets in the way faggot.

>allergic to the bars or the substance used to clean them in my new gym
>not only do I have to wear gloves, but actual full-finger gloves or I quickly develop contact dermatitis
I do my very top sets with no gloves because they annoy me, but any more than that and my shit gets fucked up

>wears gloves
>calls others soyboys

JUST

Nothing wrong, it'll keep your hands nice and soft so you can give smooth handjobs to your bf or gf(male)

learn to grip the fucking bar, faggot.

they interfere with and or inhibit proper grip & use of full grip strength

toxic masculinity: the thread

Makes you look like a faggot. Also what a shitty front rack position.

Well you and your girlfr- oh wait.

AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

straps are very different to gloves.

it's probably a useful accessory but I've literally never seen anything who is muscular or lifts decent weight use them

only the skinniest weakest guys in the gym wear them, so they have a bad reputation and I won't use them even though I'm jacked

The gloves bunch up on certain lifts, making hand placement awkward and grip non-effective.
That was back when I was a beginner though

Friction caused by gloves decreases the need for grip strength retard

i wear them to prevent my hands from getting roughed up

pls go

You can get lifting gloves without straps. The gloves do not hold the weights for you.

I already have calluses on my hands from playing guitar. I need those calluses because as it turns out it's painful to push around very thin steel strings without calluses. Calluses need to be taken care of to last. Lifting without gloves was starting to damage the calluses that I need to play my guitar even with me taking proper care of them. So I use gloves now.

I've fucked more girls than have rejected you.

do you even need gloves if you don't deadlift heavy?

I've fucked more girls than you've masturbated to.

Maybe the man is too Chad to be rejected