I just cut off all my friends that do drugs. Is making it worth it if you are lonely ?

I just cut off all my friends that do drugs. Is making it worth it if you are lonely ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jz9yZFtRJjk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes, if you make it you will not have any problems getting new, better friends. But I wouldn't suggest you to cut your old friends off, try to help them.
Guide them!

i cut off all my friends cause they were compulsive liars who only did shit that kept on fucking me over and stressing me out.
its lonely for the first month but then you move on and become a whole lot happier, i feel better now even though i have no super close friends than i did with 6+ shitty super close friends

I can assure you that the majority of us cut off loser friends in order to pursue gains. Nothing wrong with being alone.

I like my drug friends, so far they have never lied to me and were always there for me in dark times. But I feel like I'm the only one who has his life in order, I'm trying to help them keep their use in moderation and some of them regularly come over to lift and workout with me
Plus I get all my drugs really cheap and I get to let out my degenerate side every once in a while

Thanks

>being a straight edge faggot

just get some better drug friends OP

I've been struggling with a bad addiction problem for the past 7 years of my life. I feel it is for the better that I did this.

Never leave a brother behind. You elevate yourself in the hopes those around you can follow.

Addicted to what? I’m quite intrigued.

You were never a true friend then.

nothing is more important than making it except safety

Cock

Because true friends let their friends take advantage of them and never fight back.

OP never says his drug friends are taking advantage of him

YES
YES
YES
THEY ARE LAME, SHIT FRIENDS WHO CAN'T LIVE NORMAL LIVES. DON'T SURROUND YOURSELF WITH THEM EVER.

Yes.
You can always make new friends with better people, you can't always make your old friends better people.

Weed, cocaine, molly, alcohol.

They did though. user is right, they were never good friends

Whats the context why did you leave the friends?

I have friends who do drugs but are good friends, none are addicts though just do it on a night out a few times a month.

They were just being fake the last few weeks because I wanted to better my life and they didn't. And also couldn't deal with this one fattass prick in the group throwing shade in the group chat 24/7

doesn't really matter you won't have time for them once you have your own family, also depends if you still live in the same fucking city

How long have you known them, never understood why people fall out with their mates.

Been friends with mine since i was about 6, and im 24 now never had an argument.

I was friends with one of them for a long time and met the other ones through him about a year ago.

If you surround yourself with a bunch of drug using degenerates what do you think other people will associate you with?

Quick life tip: There are only maybe 5-10 people that have been happy, accomplished individuals out of the millions of people that use drugs. Just because you think there are a few "geniuses" that were "successful" while using drugs doesn't mean they were happy or healthy. Many of the people that were actually successful were still depressed and had many other issues.

Stay away from drugs/narcotics. You will be stuck chasing the dragon if you get too deep. Surround yourself with attractive, hard-working people that want you to succeed.

All my close drug friends (the ones I actually liked) have pretty much grown out of drugs with me, maybe if we are doing something special we’ll get some Mandy, but like everything else drugs get boring

All my friends did drugs. Weed, coke, and psychedelics. I never really participated and they eventually phased me out of hanging out with them.

I knew these lads since I was a kid. I played high school sports with them and all that. I was even their damn team captain. So it’s not like i’m beta in the pecking order or anything.

Yeah, long story short, i’m Married now and have a son. They still fuck around with drugs and have shitty jobs. Haven’t had a male friend interaction in about 2 years.

Time to unfriend yourself you retard. You are made of drugs.

Yeah dude stay away, its not personal but if you're and addict and around it you'll likely use eventually.

Getting clean friends helps, met mine at meetings. Its not for everyone but I couldn't stay clean without em and after the 8th or 10th try I was like fine I'll just keep going if its what I have to do. Been clean for over 8 years now, couldn't be happier.

>t. addict.

>throwing shade in the group chat 24/7
I'm sure you'll be over losing a few friends once you turn 18

Nah not imo friend. I wouldn't abandon friends over drugs. I just give them shit for being retarded and act kind of as a pillar of stability.

Then again they're all pretty reasonable besides a couple pill and heroin cases. If most of them do anything its just weed or drinking.

Per myself I smoked weed probably over 100 times but I just don't like it after a few bad experiences. Everything else I grew out of besides drinking.

If you know how to give a firm no when you need to you don't really need to cut anyone off. You'll drift apart of you need to anyway.

Is this how brainlets rationalize things?

You take a lot of cues from the people you surround yourself with. If you surround yourself with successful people it not only drives you to keep up with their success, but everyone can help each other out with more work as well. Success breeds success, and failure breeds failure. Find successful, clean people. Good for you OP, you're gonna make it.

If I extract serotonin or any other chemical from your body and bottle it. Guess what genius, now I have a drug that may or may not be illegal. People are scared of DRUGS (the word) not the chemicals themselves, which most of the time are harmless. A chemical is impersonal, there is no intent to ruin someone's life. People make mistakes in their lives and they ought to be free to do so.

You feel awkward at parties.

Not an argument

True though.

Jesus Christ. What’s it like to be in high school where thinking about the legality of chemicals feels profound?

>I learn everything about drugs from my high school health class and news reports

Where did I claim that what I typed was at all profound? Try and tackle the substance of the post instead of the tone.

I dare you to try and prove that you monkey.

Nothing in your post is worth “tackling”.

I’d rather insult you and move on

Do whatever you want but my point still stands and you don't even have a point besides being inflammatory.

reminder that lsd will make you a billionaire
youtube.com/watch?v=jz9yZFtRJjk

>if you know how to give a firm no when you need to you don't really need to cut anyone off.
This. No reason to burn bridges when you don't have to

I suggest you learn how to tell them to fuck off so they don't bother you at all once you make it.

You remind me of homeless guys that spit on people for refusing to fight with them

>drug friends
>that don't lie
>and are supportive
You're either too naive to notice when they lie to you and fuck you over, or you have it so good your "dark time" were just an opportunity for them to reiterate how much they appreciate you and like you as opposed to actual calamity, or your drug friends are not actual druggies, or you're lying.
My point is that well adjusted, supportive, healthy, MORALLY SOLID people are not "drug friends" and druggies are generally maladjusted and manipulative LYING drama queen parasites you'll be happy to get rid off.

Okay? I'm not even sure if you disagree with me or not but either way you don't have to be so rude. It's not a clever bait to just call someone names

Yes

This is the problem with the word drugs. These "drug friends" might like to eat mushrooms and smoke weed on occasion, not smoke crack in some basement with other addicts. The only similarity between the groups being that the substances they consume are illegal. But still anti-chemistry dogs will still spew their nonsense like ITT

I cut off most of my friends six weeks ago. We were friends since highschool (atleast 6 years+) and were all dabbling with all sorts of drugs for years. It was not an easy decision to make but eventually I was just sick of their negative, progress inhibiting, defeatist attitude towards life. Everytime I mentioned I wanted to make a change they reacted all defensive and with this kind of "yeah do it faggot lol" attitude. Over the last year I found much more supportive friends. We still smoke weed and drink occasionally but if someone mentions he wants to quit for a while or has other problems its just understood and you are encouraged to change.
Get yourself friends like that.
To all the people telling you that YOU are the bad friend. fuck them. Some people can pull themselves out of the situation without hurting, but if you are not this kind of person (aka weak-willed or whatever you want to call it) it's better to call it quits.
I told them I had to go away for some time to make some changes in my life, that I still love them and that I will be back eventually. They left the door open for me, but they were quite shocked I guess.

Yeah being around cynical, woe is me types of people is pretty annoying. Seems insane that people would base their entire personalities around their insecurities then wonder why they are losers.