Hi Veeky Forums. Been browsing for 2 years or so. How do you deal with death? Seriously...

Hi Veeky Forums. Been browsing for 2 years or so. How do you deal with death? Seriously. It has been messing me up pretty badly and in all honesty, I don't life to end. As shitty as it can be sometimes. Should I focus on mental gains? Different attitudes towards things? Any help is appreciated.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vjaJey0ls_E&t=35s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Realize that jesus is the way the truth the light

>implying we won't be able to upload ourselves into a new body like chappie in 30ys

Literal brainlet.

Did you lose someone or are you talking about your own mortality?

its like skydiving without a parachute, at first you freak out but then you realize theres not much you can do about it

Our own mortality. It's such an inconceivable thought that there is absolutely nothing after this right? Can we just lift in the cosmos...?

Death isn't a bad thing. It's just the end. Life is hard man, life is stressful and cruel and difficult, even for us shitposting on Cambodian river rafting forums. You have a certain amount of time alive, so make the best of it, and when the ride is over, it's over. My biggest fear isn't that the ride will end. It's that one day I'll step off the roller coaster without having enjoyed the ride as much as I should have.

I guess but, doesn't the thought still keep you up at night? Perfect example for me rn

Well said. And nice qt to post with

No one will ever be able to prove anything in our liftime and I like to prepare for the worst. Did 13+billion years of nonexistence bother you before you were born? It probably won't bother you after.

I guess the concept of nonexistence is the strangest part of it all. Or God and all that is real

wish my life was enjoyable
>death feels like an escape

This thread is not Veeky Forums related and belongs on /b/

I see where you're coming from. Just wish it wasn't an everyday thought.

The crusades were such an absolute clusterfuck that I don't understand how anyone can seriously want to LARP as one beyond wanting to kill brown people.

Do you mean the death of someone else, or your own?

Frankly, everyone deals with the passing of people they know differently, and it's nobodys place to tell anyone how they *should* deal with it. This isn't a criticism, it's just how I view the subject.

If it's your own death you're worrying about, then unless you're terminally ill, or very, very old (literally end-of-life old, which I seriously doubt) then I wouldn't spend any time dwelling on the subject -- although if you feel a compulsion to do so, then maybe you should consider talking to someone about it, you might be depressed and not even realize it.

If you yourself are facing dying from terminal illness (or worse), then all I can say is this: everyone dies at some point. It's inevitable, and my feeling on the subject is that as thinking, sentient, self-aware beings, it's only logical and rational to do our best to fight being afraid of dying. When it happens, it happens, and when that moment comes nothing you say, do, or think will stop it from happening.

Religion always uses the carrot-and-stick approach to managing the populace: Heaven is the carrot, and Hell is the stick. Jesus is the one holding them both -- or so his so-called 'prophets' claim.
>just yet another System of Control
>leveraging Pretty Pretty Lies some people tell themselves, to fight the fear of death
You should be ashamed of yourself.

Meditation helps.

If god is real we already have the answer to the 'what comes after' question. I like to think about the other possibilities.

I know how you feel, user.

For the past 12 years I have had a fascination with death which has grown until it became my only real interest. All else I do is a pastime, something to leave behind out of vanity when I finally can reach my ultimate goal. I know it will all pass soon after, but it tickles me to fuck with the living from ~beyond the grave~.

Death is exciting. I mean, the substance of death is boring. But think about how you'll be found. What impression you can leave. What it will be like to no longer be a human. No longer perceive yourself as a single, 'thinking' organism. Your body will rot and scatter, and it will never be "you" again. Isn't that incredible?

For one small moment, all these parts and pieces were absorbed into this dying form, and then they would never assemble again. They reach out, then, and they'll caress the soft flesh of all the "other" things - everything you ever wanted to touch, in some sense you already have and you forever will. Do you really need anything else?

Here's the logic of the situation:
If there's something that comes after this life, you'll know soon enough.
If there's nothing, and you just cease to be, then you won't even be aware of it, will you?
Either way why waste more time than it took to read the above worrying about it?

Read up on the von Neumann interpretation, and then read the Upanishads. This won't answer all your questions, but it will give you a reasonable framework within which to speculate

>if it's not an imminent threat, no need to think about it, just bury your head in the sand

I found myself thinking about the end and the beginning and realized they are equally close to nothingness. Where did the universe come from? For the non-religious types, the best we can say is nothing. There was nothing and suddenly there was everything. When we die, we become nothing but maybe from that nothing there will sprout everything. A different everything. A different universe. Unlikely but possible and that smidgen of hope is what keeps me content. Maybe I'll become my own universe

Fuck all this noise about life, im here trying to preserve the white race

Read some CS Lewis and GK Chesterton bro. There is more to life than just the physical.

>How do you deal with death?
By selling coffins and urns n sheit.

You have to be over 18 to post here.

Dubs get

I wouldn't be the one to ask, a little over a year ago I watched my dad die from leukemia and decided drinking a liter of vodka a night, and a handle on Saturdays was a good way to deal with it. I quit* in July because I didn't want to dishonor my dad's memory by dying of liver failure in my forties and leave my kids fatherless.

i had a nightmare or should i say aweird dream

I was at someones house helping with housework and had been left alone, i was putting something away in a shed and saw a loaded pistol sitting on a table, i immediately thought of shooting myself in the head amd had an existential crisis and freaked out pretty much in my dream

it's all a dream senpai. Don't overthink it. It's a video game. You're a human, play your role. Live as best you can. I ruminate on death myself, but I don't dwell. What purpose could it do? You will end.
LIVE FOR THE FUNERAL.
Do things that make your life fucking COUNT. Losers think it's all about the fucking dopamine hits– alcohol, weed, women, vidya, drugs, endless pleasure. It's bigger than that. It's LEGACY. It's COMMUNITY.
Have children.
You will die, and no one is coming to save you. Accept it. The big sleep is coming. Live your story.

If you're taking that much time up worrying about death you're wasting the life you claim to cherish so dearly. Just man up, accept death is inevitable and forget about it; hopefully you spend your precious time wisely enough that when the day comes if you're lucky enough to die as an old man you'll do so with a smile on your face and not go out screaming like a bitch.

Oh yeah? I'm assuming b.c. you're white.

Only losers identify with their race. You know why? Because you've never DONE anything yourself, so you have to rely on other greater better people who just happen to share you same skin color because you're such a fucking waste of humanity, you could never match their accomplishments. I'm also white, but I don't pretend to to share some sort of "greatness" just because of my lack of melanin. You're a fucking loser, and you'll always be one with this mindset.
I wish I could look at your pathetic fucking loser face right now. I'm so much better than you in every. fucking. way. because my accomplishments are my own, not because of my fucking "race". You'd be lucky to eat my shit for breakfast you bottom-feeder. My children will shit on your grave. Currently, you are NOTHING. But you can change....... there is still time.....

>projection: the post
>also brainlet implying being proud of your race is bad and doesn't motivate you to be better

>getting this upset about 1 line of text
what a joke

it's always kind of on my mind deep down. meh, I fear not. but it is a curious and inconceivable thing.

>Life is hard man, life is stressful and cruel and difficult
Idk man, for the majority of us it's not that hard. I try to take time everyday to appreciate my position in life since I'm way better off than the majority of people and I know it could end any day

Go back to tumblr

>How do I deal with restaurants?
>I've been posting from this restaurant for two years now, and I don't want to leave.
>People are asking me what I'm doing here, and I just respond "I haven't finished eating yet.".
>There's three meals in a day, and then after that day is done, then here comes the NEXT day.
>I have to eat, Veeky Forums. The thought of being without food scares me. For one thing, I won't be able to eat.

"If all you wannna do with your life is just photosynthesise, then you deserve every moment of your sleepless nights that you spend wondering how you're gonna die"

This is dumb

youtube.com/watch?v=vjaJey0ls_E&t=35s

this. fuck being a hedonist faggot, live according to your nature and you will realize that death is also in your nature therefore cannot be negative

>implying letting jamal fuck your wife makes you better than me
fuck off cuck

No, really: What are you doing here, that can't be done in a hundred years? Don't just live for the sake of living - you have to finish your work some time, and move on. You're like that guy who hogs the rack and keeps claiming that it's still his set.

>everything natural is good

you shouldnt have been vaccinated

if you can't control something then why would you let it worry you? are you insecure?

I've lost many family members recently as well as close friends. Last one was last friday, I was with my bro on new years eve and he complimented my gains.

I've had some anxiety regarding death before, but it's been a long time now. I guess you get used to the fact that you don't really matter and that nothing lasts forever. It also makes day to day struggles easier, knowing they won't last forever. Problems will either go away or I'll die.

There's also this quote by epicurus which eases my anxiety in regards to the day I'll die. you could also think of death as, not in a religious way, the long awaited return home to where you came from before you were born. No matter what that actually is, it's somewhat comforting to me at least.

that's what hes alluding too, you freak out in your 20's and 30's when you fully realize your own mortality, and you worry that you're wasting your life or that there must be more to all of this.

then it gets bad when you turn 50, and you have the midlife crisis and realize you've probably lived more than half your life (so you buy a sports car and divorce your wife of course)

but from what i've heard people over 65 don't really give a shit anymore. they're sick of this shit called life and realize they've had their fun and theres really nothing to be afraid of when it comes to dying

>can't defend your logic so you change your argument

dont pretend like you arent a brainlet

Then why were virtually all great men throughout history proud of their race? Were Ben Franklin or Abraham Lincoln or General Lee losers?

only cowards fear death

or do a full brain scan and be a digital copy of ourselves in a digital universe like in SOMA.

yikes

>all great men through out history
>doesn't mention Malcolm X, Tupac and Nelson Mandela

it doesn't anymore
i had those panic attacks and sleepless nights when i was 4-5 years old.
i fully remember my very first panic attack as if it was yesterday, yet it's 20 years ago.

I mean, the thought would occur when my head hit the pillow until my teens i guess...
And even the thought of the universe and just how fucking huge it is would scare me.

Now it's become a meditation in order to sleep, drifting off to dreamland imagining gravity is reversed and i fall into outer space.

You won't be aware of that copy, though.
Read up on particle physics: One atom at one place, isn't the same as one atom in another place. You won't have an awareness through your copy. If you would, siblings would be partly telepathic and shit.

I'm more afraid of the actual act of dying than the state of death. That is the worst for me. I am fine with being in a state of nothing if that is what comes after, I won't even know if so. And if something does happen after death, well I'll know then.

Simple: Become content. There’s a reason that so many people are content with where they are in life. It’s a survival mechanic.

Someone post the chart, though.

i know i know
i've played the game
i've seen the black mirror episode
it's all good.

it's lame but it's all good..

Here

I haven't seen any episodes of Black Mirror.

If you die you die, no pleasures no struggles, only peace

Thinking of death makes me think of a day in the life by the Beatles.

You only fear death now because you're young, capable and filled with ambition and hope for the future

Once you're 70+ death wont seem like such a bad thing

I know it sounds corny but try reading the bible. I dont even believe in God, because I know God. I feel safe always. Even if you can't make yourself believe it is still an accomplishment to read the whole book all the way through. Keep in mind tho that the people who wrote the bew testament were disciples and not prophets. Christ is not God. The word "trinity" does not appear a single time in the whole entire book.

Do something you feel is meaningful with the time you have. Raise children and spend time with them. Write a book; paint.

>I don't believe in god
>speaks straight blasphemy
clearly.

lies, there's no peace, only nothing

not sure if its the 150/150 test tren eod, but I'm in love with that qt.

>philosophy isn't part of the Veeky Forums lifestyle
t. brainlet

>beyond wanting to kill brown people.
that's the point user

>Read some CS Lewis
I rather wouldn't recommend that, really shallow philosophy. OK as a societal and political thinker or whatever.

OP here. I just got to work and I open up Firefox by phone to see all these replies. I genuinely want to say thank you to everyone who took the time to come to my Aid and share their stories, triumph's, and ways they coped in their own way. To the one guy that posted that this belongs on B, it doesn't. This is literally a mental health thing. Mental Fitness as well as physical fitness and this in particular has been affecting my physical fitness. The only real one that knows about my thoughts as my girlfriend, bless her heart. I'm going to take the time to read everyone's responses here and Implement them in my own way. I guess when it comes down to it, you just need to live life to the fullest. Don't dwell on the stupid shit. Just do your best to be happy. I feel in making this post it might have helped some other people as well as myself and I feel it's going to change my Outlook on a lot of things as of late. Once again, thank you everyone here on Veeky Forums. It's nice to have anonymity but still have someone to talk to

The goal of physical fitness is not to stave off aging or death, but rather to age gracefully.

To exercise is to do the statistically best thing in order to retain and maximize cogency, while and virility, while staving off Alzheimer's and dementia, and..... you look damned sexy while doing it.

You will die, stars will die.

The key is to live well, to live with mobility, stamina and gusto.

That is why we lift weights. That is why we run. That is why we study. That ideal life you've been envisioning? It's been yours all along... now TAKE IT!

nice blog, fagit

No need to be negative. Just showing appreciation

Thank you for this

please learn how analogies work

If you were a universe you’d have men somewhere inside you, you’re a fag lol

It's waste, not spend. Frank Turner is fucking great.

How old are you? I used to be you, when I was 20. Now I am 30 and I am thankful I won’t have to live forever, because people are shit, and the world is shit.

Age gracefully and hope that you die before we accidently cause a nuclear disaster.

You have to walk to the light. Stop posting here and move on to a better place.

This but unironically.
But you can’t approach Christianity looking for relief from worry or fear of death.
“In religion, as in war and everything else, comfort is the one thing you cannot get by looking for it. If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end: if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth -- only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin with and, in the end, despair.” – Pic Related

If y'all have any questions about Christianity I'm happy to answer them or point you along to the answers (within reasonable time at least).

How do people actually enjoy life? I can't wait for it to end. It's strange how so many people are so afraid of death when this life is the worst possible thing that can happen to anyone.

don't fall for these shills OP, be a true European (or at least white)

>being in one's nature
>natural
>same in this conext

brainlet

>live according to your nature and you will realize that death is also in your nature

this is actually very well worded user, qutation-worthy

>t. colossal faggot

try some psychedelics mate they helped me alot with the death shit

Get depressed as fuck and never fully recover, you'll never fear death again.

werked for me :^)

Humility.
If i were to die today i would smile and thank (god/the universe) for getting to live for as long as i have.

fpbp

I am Greek so I might be able to help here

Would you rather live forever? No, that would be horrible, at some point you would be tired of everything. You might say that you want to choose when to die but that means that you will still die and remain dead forever . And if you were to keep resurrecting and dying whenever you felt like it then you would still live forever. The only options are being alive forever or being dead forever, both are terrible but with death you won't be able to tell

>How do you deal with death?
1. kids, we are destined to leave our genes behind that's how we live forever
2. regret is the worse, learn as much as you can and train as much as you can.
3. Uchiha Madara method, find yourself a magic tree and shove its root up your ass.

yes you would create a clone of yourself that would have the exact same memories as you, and would genuinely believe that it was successful. however YOU would die, the lights would shut off for you.

I just hope life extension will be a thing in my life time.

But with my luck its going to be available a day after i die.

>Would you rather live forever? No, that would be horrible, at some point you would be tired of everything

Yeah that's a shitty meme.
Nobody ever gets tired of living.

I tried to kill myself years ago and my mother stopped me just in time, I felt retarded and got help, but I still think about it, not killing myself, but just the fact that I'll cease to exist some day. I don't want to die no more, but I'm honestly not worried about the lack of afterlife or the process of death itself, and I've dedicated an autistic amount of time to the idea.

My gf's stepsister works as a nurse with very old people. She says every single one of them seem to die not only in peace but kinda welcomed death. Probably not the same if you're 20 and get hit by a bus kek

>suicide is number one cause of death for various demographic groups all around the developed world

fuck off christcuck