My grip fails before my traps when doing dumbbell shrugs. Are barbell shrugs easier on the grip?

My grip fails before my traps when doing dumbbell shrugs. Are barbell shrugs easier on the grip?

Just do deadlifts retard

Buy straps for $5 online or at walmart and do heavy barbell shrugs like a normal person

I have a similar problem, OP.

I do 10 sets of 10, and that seems to do the trick. Try it out

why would someone not do shrugs?

just work on your grip brah, grip strength is very important for general strength as well as aesthetics
dont look for the easy way out

I do 20 sets of 20.

Use straps. There's no way your grip strength is as strong as your shrugging strength, so you're limiting the amount of weight you can use.

>Not doing 100 sets of 100
>Making it

Retard
You need to do heavy DL or wrist curls or farmer walks or rock climb. You need to work on your grip strength

They don't fucking work and their fucking stupid.
It's a meme exercise pushed by gearheads to cover up for the fact that they were doing ass tons of gear.
MY GIANT TRAPS?
WELL THAT CAME FROM SHRUGS!
WHAT DO YOU MEAN THEY'RE A FUCKING SIDE EFFECT!
ITS DA SHRUGS I TELLZ YA!!!

are you the same dude that always posts shit about shrugs? im truly sorry if your genes dont allow for you to build traps but everyone else can build them just fine

Lmoa trapslet

t. can't deadlift 4pl8

I deadlift way over that trapslet

I stand by what I said.
Shrugs don't work unless you're on gear.
They are a trash meme exercise on par with that broomstick twisting bullshit that people said was good for your obliques

I guess that might be true for you. I notice my traps growing and getting stimulated by shrugs though. Again, sorry if it doesnt apply for you.

if you look at your image from a distance it looks like a retarded gondola :DDDD

It works for fucking no one natural you idiot.
It's a trash meme exercise that does not work on it's own.
It is at best AT BEST an accessory to actual trap work and a good way to help exhaust the trapezius muscle.
We do fucking nothing naturally that uses the traps in that way.

>We do fucking nothing naturally that uses the traps in that way.
Are you the type of person that sticks to a paleo diet because muh cavemen too? It's not like bench press is something people do "naturally" but it still builds chest. Shrugs work for everyone but you, sorry to break it to you.

t. little penis bitch with totally flat traps who pulls little penis bitch weight

what about overhead plate raises for traps?
i guess it doesn't need to be a plate

Beginners will see trap gains with them but for the most part I agree with you.

The only shrugs worth bothering with are power shrugs, with 200kg at least. Those things will rip your traps to pieces. Fuck pissing about with 40kg dumbbells or similar stupid shit, barbell power shrugs, HEAVY, is the best way to build traps without doubt.

I have never in my life seen a natural lifter NATURAL LIFTER who's only done shrugs for their traps and made anything that looks like gains.
Not once.
Not ever.
It's a trash meme exercise that only works for gear users. As a way to handwaive steroid abuse and because any stupid bullshit exercise works for them.
Naturals get nothing out of it.

PS you do push things away from you with your hands.
You do not shrug shit like you do in the OP.

For gods sake. You people are litterally doing a stupid fucking exercise to build what is a side effect of steroid abuse and does not exist at that size naturally for basically all men.

Do power shrugs and BELOW THE KNEE rack pulls, traps gon get juicy as fuck. Nothing else really gives them a proper beating.

DB shrugs are an absolute meme.

Can you draw it? I dont see it.

heavy ass power shrug works. babyweight shrug is a meme.

hook grip and bb holds

No they don't.

your body can only recover so much, why stress the hell out of it to do 400+ lb shrugs

Between deads, overhead press, squats, etc
You are getting plenty of trap work in

>implying OHP or squats is enough to provide an adequate stress
If you want to focus on traps then you'll have to live with the stress that comes with that focus, just like any other lift. You absolutely can grow them well with deadlifts, especially snatch grip, but to grow them to their maximum potential will require more direct work. Herein lies the usefulness of power shrugs. Excellent for volume/hypertrophy phases.

I do 30 sets of 30

How much of a GDE are you that power shrugs won't grow your traps? Or are you one of them that thinks 3x10 once a week is enough to make mass gains

Use straps?

Shrugs no matter how heavy won't grow your traps effectively.
You're basically injuring yourself for sub optimal gains.
Anyone who tells you to do heavy as fuck shrugs for trap gains is on gear and a fucking retard.

Eh, you're probably just a butthurt DYEL. Obviously monster roid traps are impossible to a natty, but you seem to think power shrugs aren't effective in comparison to deadlifts, despite being much heavier and more ROM for the traps. Can also go snatch grip for more variation.

It's obvious you don't really know what you're talking about. Non power shrugs, absolutely useless, that you are right about.

Always use hook grip for shrugs. It's hard to keep grip without it. Hook grip works 100%

>Working a muscle to build that muscle doesn't work

Is there a more useless exercise than dumbbell shrugs?

How exactly am I retarded in your opinion?

Shrugs do fuck and all for the traps and deadlifts do only slightly more then shrugs.

They do not work for anyone except gear heads and extreme noobs who'd grow from damn near anything.
They aren't a good workout.
They're a useless meme workout.

You do rows and australian pullups to hit the traps. Not shrugs in hopes of "HITTING THE TOP OF THE TRAPS TO MAKE THEM POP".
That shit is retarded.

I found and downloaded a pdf of an 1896 book that contains a secret on how to "activate" upper traps.
Vintage bodybuilders really know their shit

Natty here. Mind to muscle. Shrug while "activated". I did it natty. Sucks to be you

Both sides of this argument are fucking retarded for not giving any reasonable explanations. Shrugs don't do shit for anyone except dyel noob gainers because moving anything will make them gain. The way the fibers insert and point in the traps means that shrugs are completely fucking counterlogic. If you REALLY think you need to train traps besides ohp and DL etc then there are some cable excercises to do